Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Down 2 lbs this week. Absolutely hate these horrible weekends, couldn't get out much, kids went stir crazy and I ate more than i'm happy with! There is definitely something in this weather that makes me want to eat my own weight in food but anyway, it's a new week, I think I work better with the weekly routine, weekends are far too free and easy.

Congrats to all this week and best of luck for the next. Next weigh in will be Spring! My goals are 1 stone by end of Feb, 3 stone by August :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ChattyChick

I think everyone loses at different rates. A pound or two might be a good weight loss for someone whereas a loss of 3-4 might be average for someone else. Depends on starting weight too I think. I started October and have lost 1 or 2 pounds most weeks. I am down about 21 lbs now. Goal now is to lose 1 pound every week until March. I would be happy with that! This weekend I know I have overindulged but back on track tomorrow! Good luck with your weight loss goals.

Thank you so much! I've been losing about 2lb a week so I'm delighted with myself now. What I love about WW is that it allows for the treats so I don't feel so deprived!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Channel 4 Dispatches is doing a show on Weight Watchers tonight. Not sure whether its going to be a positive or negative spin but I would imagine they are going to try slate it as most of these shows do. I don't have channel 4 and its not going to be on 4od so would love to hear about it if anyone does catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Channel 4 Dispatches is doing a show on Weight Watchers tonight. Not sure whether its going to be a positive or negative spin but I would imagine they are going to try slate it as most of these shows do. I don't have channel 4 and its not going to be on 4od so would love to hear about it if anyone does catch it.

Hopefully that will be interesting, they are a business after all so no doubt there will be some sly moves unearthed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I had a good weekend until last night when I went a bit overboard coz my OH wasnt home so I was bored! Its always my downfall - evenings and boredom. Still I'm happy enough. Only one more weigh in before my holiday :) I got a green love your curves swimsuit in penneys yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it on at home. Its a lovely colour and gives me a more shapely hourglass figure.

The 0 points soup I make is:
    An onion,
    3 leeks,
    Packet of Celery (as its sold in a packet in any of the supermarkets)
    5 medium carrots,
    One or two cloves of garlic depending on taste,
    tin tomatoes
    Various herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
    One chicken stock cube

Usually, I fry the onions and garlic in a few sprays of fry lite and then throw in the rest of the veg, the tin of tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper and add the stock cube with enough water to cover the veg and then some. Then bring to the boil and reduce to simmer until the veg is soft enough to blend. This usually takes half an hour. Let cool a little before you blend as a fleck of boiling soup in the eye can be quite painful :)

To be honest, its a very flexible recipe and if I had some mushrooms or something that I thought were going to off or some extra carrots, I just throw them in. As long as they are 0 pp. It means I get to use leftovers and the soup tastes different every week.

It often is quite thick which is good as if Im very hungry, I can have a bowl of thick soup or if not, I just add more water to the portion I am heating up. I haven't frozen mine as I usually keep it in the fridge and use it within 5 days but I'm sure it can be frozen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Had a good weekend, got some excercise in, ate my weeklies but didn't go over like last week!

Never thought I'd hear myself say this but I'm actually looking forward to my WI tomorrow evening!!

Good look for the week ahead everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

STS again this week but tis ok as went over my points quite a bit and think I only saved myself with a bike ride on Saturday and a bit of a hike in Howth yesterday. I know my problem was lack of preparation though as I had uni the weekend before and no time to cook. Yesterday I was a demon in the kitchen and made a big lean lamb hotpot, Chicken & Ham tangle pie & a nice big batch of veg soup for my lunches. Not to mention gluten free lemon cupcakes- Not the healthiest but I have been teaching myself to bake from the Hummingbird bakery books. I allow myself one of my creations each Sunday after dinner and then all the rest get split between my boyfriend and I's workplaces. I seem to be more popular around the office lately??? I'm feeling very positive about the week ahead. I have all my healthy meals prepared for the week already so no excuses for falling off the wagon. Onwards and Downwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

There's a free WW magazine in this wks RTE guide!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Hi everyone :).. Lost 2lb at my WI on Thursday so I was delighted with that but then I drank 2 glasses of wine lastnight which I didn't have the points for so kinda kicking myself now!

Anyway the reason for my post is to ask you ladies how you normally WI at TOTM? Thursday will be my first WI at my TOTM and I know I didn't help with the wine lastnight so id just like to know how other people do at that time so I half know what to expect and don't get really disappointed if I don't do well.. Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

deni86 wrote: »
    Hi everyone :).. Lost 2lb at my WI on Thursday so I was delighted with that but then I drank 2 glasses of wine lastnight which I didn't have the points for so kinda kicking myself now!

Anyway the reason for my post is to ask you ladies how you normally WI at TOTM? Thursday will be my first WI at my TOTM and I know I didn't help with the wine lastnight so id just like to know how other people do at that time so I half know what to expect and don't get really disappointed if I don't do well.. Thanks in advance :)

I think the majority of women weigh heavier when they have TOTM but provided you stay on track, you should be down the following week. I find I am heavier the week/days before I am due, and then during, I am not any heavier.

Different strokes for different folks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Cseli i had to come on and post because i tried the chicken with cashew nuts last night from your blog and it was fab!! Thanks for taking the time to post such great recipes! I used the m&s noodles that are 2pp per nest so i think it still worked out at 9pp for the lot.

Has anybody any advice for propointing recipes? Im useless at it but is like to be able to do it! Is there any websites that allow you to pp full recipes??

cailindana wrote: »
    Has anybody any advice for propounding recipes? Im useless at it but is like to be able to do it! Is there any websites that allow you to pp full recipes??

Don't know of any website. I propoint each ingredient that contains PP (so not most veg or fruit) and then add the PP up and divide by the amount the recipe says it serves or by the amount of servings you want to get out of it. It's a bit tedious but it's the only way I think you can do it.

gragirl wrote: »

Interested to hear how you go. I think even Mon-Fri I need to cut my carbs more. What are you substituting them with? Especially Breakfast n lunch would challenge me.

Ok well i did it mon-fri last week and got on surprisingly well!! I ended up adding a few carbs during the 5 days but even still when I weighed myself saturday morning i was 5lvs lighter than i had been on the Monday morning!! Here's an example of what I had..
    Breakfast- muller light yogurt and fruit
    Lunches- roast salmon fillets (regular fillet in tinfoil with paprika sprinkled on top, no oil or butter or anything else used) with 0 point salad and some cheese or egg
    I also had roast chicken fillets (cooked the same as the salmon) with salad
    Homemade Veg soup with torn chicken strips added in.
    For my dinners i did have the m&s noodles that are 2pp on some of the days with whatever i was having chicken/steak/salmon just to bulk out the meals.
    I had no other snacks or treats and i found i didnt even want them to be honest! I was delighted with myself when I weighed on Saturday morning but may have undone some of the good work yesterday when i found a leftover selection box from Christmas :-/
    Back to trying to be good today and do what I did last week again! Hope ye all have a good week! My official WI is wed do it will be interesting to see this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Had a very bad weekend, couldn't stop eating, crisps especially. Had bought the Linessa crisps from Lidl, they're lovely and they worked out at 3pps per bag, which is grand. But then i had to eat all 6 bags, and then cos they were gone ate walkers deep ridged, 3 bags, a half a pizza for 16pps, shortbread biscuits, leftover chocolates and several vodkas. Tis a pure disaster, don't know what came over me!! WI on Wednesday!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Monife wrote: »

Don't know of any website. I propoint each ingredient that contains PP (so not most veg or fruit) and then add the PP up and divide by the amount the recipe says it serves or by the amount of servings you want to get out of it. It's a bit tedious but it's the only way I think you can do it.
    Thanks monife! Ya thats what i try to do too but when it gets to half a tablespoon of this and a quarter teaspoon of that i tend to get confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Having a crap time since Thursday eve our neighbours dog attacked my king Charles dog and broke his back devasted cryed all weekend have hardly eaten my points most day except sat night got takeaway veggie burger and chips most of chips went in bin anyway weighed my self today and still the same :( for feck sake should be down as I was up last week and shouldn't have been. Not going if STs so demotivated and sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Well I was bold at the weekend, ate miles too much. Like yesterday I'd my shepherd's pie and then some leftover pizza plus 2 pieces of the leftover garlic bread pizza, flip sake!!! After being so good pointing all last week. Oh well, I'll try and make it up this week now but we'll see.

And I felt so slim last week and I'm most definitely not feeling that now.

Ok, line drawn :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 supersally01

Hi guys. Been following this thread for ages but rarely post. It's possible that someone has already mentioned this but just figured out that you can calculate the pp in any food whatsoever by just dividing the calories by 40.
    For example if a bar of chocolate is 320 cals the it's 8 pro points, 400=10 etc.
    I've tried it lots of times against the calculator and works every time.
    Also mentioned it to my leader and she said it was correct. So handy and less time consuming :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I just had the Hairy Dieters Italian Meatballs for dinner and it was gorgeous. I honestly didn't think it would be that nice as I'm not the biggest fan of Italian food. I would definitely recommend it.

I've had a mediocre week foodwise so no idea what to expect tomorrow at WI. I was really bad of Friday and did no exercise. It's annoying because my home scales used to be spot on with WW but they're all over the shop no idea if they're showing the right figure or not. I prefer to have a scale at home as it motivates me to do better.

To all those who had bad days/weeks draw a line under it now. Don't say I'll start again tomorrow. Its that time of year where people start to give up so if you had a bad day so be it. It's done you can't change it but go for an extra long walk/run. Be extra good between now and WI. Drink lots of water. You never know what may happen so don't be disheartened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Documentary about WW on now on Channel 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

sad to see the show on Channel 4 lambasting the WW programme............anyone that followed me on the Food Diaries forum will know that WW was the only way that I could have achieved my weight loss of over 7 stone...........and (just because we don't all post weekly), FYI folks, I'm now actually below my target weight, by 3.5 pounds, so to anyone that's watching this show and feeling a bit sceptical, it does work, and I'm not a leader, but it's been nearly 4.5 years since I joined and 2.5 years since I hit target and it's still working for me.

Bit disappointed with that show on Channel 4. Didn't tell me anything I didn't know already.

Yes, Weight Watchers is a business and obviously wants to turn a profit.
    Yes, their foods are overpriced and full of additives (as are ALL low fat/low calorie processed foods).
    Yes, a good chunk of people re-gain the weight they have lost. But they failed to mention these people, like their example duo, are usually people who do not follow the plan correctly and do not stay for the meetings. Where is the motivation, if all you do is go and get weighed every week?

I found the show too bias towards the negatives and didn't inform a non-member of any of the positives of joining Weight Watchers. Also felt it wasn't a true representation of the propoints plan and it focused too much on Weight Watchers supermarket products, which any WW-er with common sense knows not to buy or to have as a back up (ready meals etc, even though they are muck) and to focus on healthy, fresh foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Monife wrote: »
    Bit disappointed with that show on Channel 4. Didn't tell me anything I didn't know already.

Yes, Weight Watchers is a business and obviously wants to turn a profit.
    Yes, their foods are overpriced and full of additives (as are ALL low fat/low calorie processed foods).
    Yes, a good chunk of people re-gain the weight they have lost. But they failed to mention these people, like their example duo, are usually people who do not follow the plan correctly and do not stay for the meetings. Where is the motivation, if all you do is go and get weighed every week?

I found the show too bias towards the negatives and didn't inform a non-member of any of the positives of joining Weight Watchers. Also felt it wasn't a true representation of the propoints plan and it focused too much on Weight Watchers supermarket products, which any WW-er with common sense knows not to buy or to have as a back up (ready meals etc, even though they are muck) and to focus on healthy, fresh foods.

I didn't watch the show but I agree with everything you said. The diet itself works if you use it properly. Yes if you can technically eat junk food as long as you're within points but the exact same thing can be said for calorie counting. People putting back on the weight has nothing to do with WW its to do with the people themselves. I know what not to do to put back on weight but yet I put back on all the weight I had loss. I'm to blame for that not WW. They are a weight loss company. They have now aimed their program at changing your lifestyle and helping to maintain when you get to that point.

I know another issue is the money side but I don't mind paying because I regained my weight because I stopped going. I wasn't ready to stop as I was not near goal and it was easier for me to fall back into old habits. Every diet plan is different and every person is different and it is up to the individual to decide what to do and its no-one else's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Thought that prog on WW was a load of crap to be honest!! They were trying their best to knock the ww program and focused 2much on the negatives, there was not one success story mentioned in it! I thought twas stupid anyway! People doing ww don't necessarily live on all the ww foods!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

bb86 wrote: »
    Thought that prog on WW was a load of crap to be honest!! They were trying their best to knock the ww program and focused 2much on the negatives, there was not one success story mentioned in it! I thought twas stupid anyway! People doing ww don't necessarily live on all the ww foods!

Just watched the first 5 mins and turned it off what a load of rubbish. My class and leader never promotes WW products actually not the fond of them and has told us of cheaper alternatives. I'm a year at WW 3.5 stone gone and I never use the products. People fail because they give up following the programme, that being the fault of the person not the programme. Sorry for the rant but people giving out about something the don't really know anything about

I knew it would be like what you are saying - WW have a video response ready on their facebook page. I haven't seen it but I am waiting for it to be on 4od. The problem is of course they are out there to make money - what would be the point of a business if they didnt. But they overlooked the many many people who have found longterm success with the support they provide. From what I can gather from reading about the show they did not talk to any of those people - all the leaders out there who NEVER push the branded products and teach people the best types of food to eat. What they do is provide information and support and its up to the members what they do with it. There is a reason that the program is doctor recommended and has been going for as long as it has. It works if you follow it properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

The show was just stupid, who eats ww products all the time.. And who finds it easy their first shop after joining either! You need time to get used to everything... They just made it out that nobody could keep the weight off... If that were the case then there would be no leaders to start with!! Bulls**t

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chimpokomon

Weight Watchers is fine if you are capable of having a normal relationship with food. But if you have any tendency towards restriction/ bingeing then it definitely facilitates that... the last few pages of this thread alone are filled with people 'breaking out' and having full-scale eating disorder style binges.

Advertisement