Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Weight Watchers is fine if you are capable of having a normal relationship with food. But if you have any tendency towards restriction/ bingeing then it definitely facilitates that... the last few pages of this thread alone are filled with people 'breaking out' and having full-scale eating disorder style binges.

If you have a tendency towards restriction/bingeing then any weight loss plan will facilitate that. I have an issue with self-control and emotional eating, and weightwatchers has taught me about portions and how to bulk out meals with good, nutritious food. I've stopped and started a few times - that's my fault, not the programme. I don't buy WW branded products, nor have they ever been "forced" on me by a leader, and I've never done as much cooking from scratch as I have in the last few months. I'm eating better, drinking more water, and walking more.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can categorically say that my life has greatly improved by joining Weightwatchers and I don't think it's fair to speculate and tar everyone with the same brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

A genuine question - why do some of you care that WW is shown in a bad light on a TV show? If it works for you, why does it matter?

I suppose I feel a bit defensive anyway when people ask me about weightwatchers - some people are very, very ignorant and genuinely do not know that I probably eat healthier than they do. I've had a can of full-fat coke plonked down in front of me and chips practically shoved into my face while someone laughed saying "she doesn't eat that, give her a bit of lettuce" - or told to "cop yourself on ta f*ck, have a few chips, don't be always worrying about what you eat". It's bad enough without programmes like that one that are horribly researched and based solely on the business side of WW. Some people think it's some kind of cult where we all sit around in a circle talking about the calories in a bar of chocolate.

Also, WW doesn't cost me one red cent and I am still successfully following the plan at home. I haven't gone to a meeting in months, I paid to learn the basics and this is definitely something I can take with me through life.

As far as the "good" and "bad" side go - of course there's a difference between good and bad food, so it's only natural to describe it as "being bad" or "being naughty" when you've opted for the cake instead of the carrots. That's another misconception about WW - you can have your chocolate or whatever you want, just point it and acknowledge it. Some people also seem to think that we are all living on lentils until we "break out" and have a pizza or a bar. Nothing is frowned upon, and just because you're in a weightloss programme doesn't mean you do not deserve to have whatever you want to have, be it a bag of crisps, a glass of wine, or some pizza. The attitude that that shouldn't be allowed for us is far more unhealthy than someone who has some crisps on a Saturday night. We all remember the row about the chocolate cake on here before. Lord forbid we be "allowed" a bit of cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Weigh in done today, down 2 more lbs!!:D Well pleased with myself, down 9 lbs in total in 3 weeks. have to plan this weekend better than last and have my food sorted. can see the difference on my face already, i don't feel as though i have a moon face,can see my cheekbones making a reappearance!! glad we're nearly out of january, i feel the psychological thing of just doing this as a New Years resolution will be truly gone, and hopefully brighter evenings for walking. Have a good week everyone!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Dudes, so many here have had a great week. It is fantastic to see - and anyone who's a little disappointed, I was up a wee bit last week and down more this week, so think of the marathon and not the sprint!

Congratulations all and thanks for all the support here xx

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I'm in a bad place.... Keep starting the day really well and then completely binging (bars and bars of chocolate and biscuits) the past few evenings.... I think its coz I was up this week (deservedly) after a weekend of partying, plus totm, plus stress at work and now I've nothin in the near future that I need to feel 'skinny' for..... CRAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Was down 2lbs tonight & got my first stone!! Delighted!! 2stone 13lbs to go to goal and definitely feel like I'm on track and motivated to do it, even thou it looks like a massive amount I can definitely do it! Have a wedding in march so would love to be down another half stone by then and really will work hard for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

I STS today and im really disappointed! I worked my butt off exercising and tracked everything that passed my lips! Hope it shows next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Taz1 wrote: »
    I'm in a bad place.... Keep starting the day really well and then completely binging (bars and bars of chocolate and biscuits) the past few evenings.... I think its coz I was up this week (deservedly) after a weekend of partying, plus totm, plus stress at work and now I've nothin in the near future that I need to feel 'skinny' for..... CRAP.

At least your starting well and you know your pitfalls, I found that by tracking everything even my 3000 Kal day I was more likely to be better the next day, I had the evening snacking issue, I bought a nail polish and after eating my dinner I'd do my nails, it would keep me busy and I couldn't snack for a few hours as my nails would be wet, after 2 weeks of this I was out of the snacking habit,
    All my good advice though and I've been having a pretty bad week, my little one is sick and I comfort eat so IM finding it very hard, hope things go better for you tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

layviae wrote: »
    At least your starting well and you know your pitfalls, I found that by tracking everything even my 3000 Kal day I was more likely to be better the next day, I had the evening snacking issue, I bought a nail polish and after eating my dinner I'd do my nails, it would keep me busy and I couldn't snack for a few hours as my nails would be wet, after 2 weeks of this I was out of the snacking habit,
    All my good advice though and I've been having a pretty bad week, my little one is sick and I comfort eat so IM finding it very hard, hope things go better for you tomorrow

Have to agree, I think writing down what you have eaten is a good way to shake yourself out of a funk. There were a few days over Xmas I went bananas but for the first time I wrote it all down and it does make you sort of think twice.

We have these periods every single on of us, but the important thing is moving on from it. It's done now, and don't beat yourself up over it. Best of luck for tomorrow! If you're finding it tough come on here and post or on MFP. sometimes a word of encouragement is all it takes to get back on track :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

I am going to stick to it today, I've just looked at my tracker for the past few weeks and I can see why I'm struggling on the scales so today I'm staying on track

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

*hugs* It sounds like you're just having one of those weeks. I think that the girls' suggestions of tracking (even if you're over) and keeping busy in the evening might help. It also might be nice to arrange some sort of food related treat for yourself, that you can look forward to? Stress and weight loss do not go hand in hand and by motivating yourself with a wee reward for your efforts, you can start to get back on track.

Layviae - I love the nail painting idea - so clever! And you get pretty nails at the end of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Oh I feel your pain I am in the same place, I would be embarrassed to tell you how many pro points I ate yesterday and most of this week. Im hoping today will be the day I get back on tract and tomorrow is Spring so hoping that brightens me up but this week has been a real struggle :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

I'm super excited. Have just booked to spend all day Sunday at the spa at Ritz Carlton in Powersourt which I've never been to. They've got this deal for €99 called the escape package with back, neck and shoulder massage, facial, light lunch and use of all the facilities. I'm gonna have a good work out in the gym, a swim in the pool, use the thermal suites, have a light healthy lunch and then get pampered. Canny wait. A very nice reward for staying away from the booze all January :) It's Cos I'm worth it (swishes hair about).

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I STS this week which is fine as I lost 4lbs last week so it's my body levelling out I'd say.

I've had the most horrible couple of days at work and can't seem to get my head into the game at all.

I haven't been sleeping either so that makes it harder to make the effort - I just hope things will improve soon so I can get back into the ww frame of mind.

Hope everyone has good losses this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Don't worry about the hiccups guys, we all have them, just forgive yourself and move on from it.
    You don’t drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

The quicker you get back on track the better. Power to the Points :D

Should have mentioned, spa deal I found is at this link - http://www.spas.ie/spa/wicklow/espa_at_the_ritzcarlton_powerscourt-227.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Have to agree, I think writing down what you have eaten is a good way to shake yourself out of a funk. There were a few days over Xmas I went bananas but for the first time I wrote it all down and it does make you sort of think twice.

We have these periods every single on of us, but the important thing is moving on from it. It's done now, and don't beat yourself up over it. Best of luck for tomorrow! If you're finding it tough come on here and post or on MFP. sometimes a word of encouragement is all it takes to get back on track :)

To all those struggling, I have not been sticking to plan at all for the last two days. However last night I had a major shock factor. As well as tracking what junk food I'm eating, I also tracked the amount of money I spent on crap for the month of January and lets just say its APPALLING!! Its a wonder I even lost weight at all for the month. I'm having cravings for junk food atm (TOTM due :() so I just keep saying money to myself and I think its starting to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just went out for a 10 min brisk walk on my lunch. It was all I had time for but I feel great after it. I usually work through my lunch but I am going to try and get out for at least 10 mins as often as I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

I can't seem to get my head in the game either this week.

Was down 1 lb last week, was doing really well but then had to go to a funeral at home and my good eating plan went out the window...
    Then I couldn't make my soup for the week and so i ended up eating sandwiches for lunch...

then this week, went shopping and bought oreos and fox's bars - which are / were lovely, but i don't even want to point them!!

So going to start from scratch today, take someones advice and point everything, even the oreos....
    maybe i can stem the damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi All,
    Ccesli, aren't you niptuck gal? Thanks so much for the parma ham and mozerella toastie, great idea and perfect for lunch.
    I bought some of those Toastie bags last night to mix up work lunches.

I went to Lidl last night to stock up on Nimble bread, bacon medallions and light mozerella. Do people have shopping lists for certain shops?
    I find myself shopping regularly in Dunnes or Tesco but find I need to make the odd trip to Lidl to get a few bits like what I got last night.

In my aim to use points more wisely, I had a delicious salad for lunch that was so filling - 1/2 avocado, 2 bacon medallions, red onion, tomato, loads of spinach and a drizzle of balsamic dressing.
    Really good for 5 pps.

We're having a surprise party at home this weekend, I'm organising it (and cooking the food). Am defo going to eat a good meal before hand to avoid losing the run of myself.

donnamc5 , thanks a mil. I booked in for myself and my OH :) Going after St Patricks weekend, aiming to be under the 11 stone mark by then. Would love to feel comfortable as a slink into the pool!!

Thanks a mil,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Good Lord, there was a bake sale in work and I just managed to stuff my gob for the past while!! You wouldn't mind but I'm having an absolutely awful week so I can't even say "oh I've been good all week so I'm only making a small dent". I'm not even able to go to the weigh-in this evening as I'm visiting my sister (who just had a baby so at least it's a really cute reason to miss it!).

I'm trying to decide whether I'll join the gym to go to the pool or not, I'm weighing up the cost versus how often I will genuinely go. I know I'd go at least once a week but then again is that worth it. Must think on, or make a contract with myself that I HAVE to go twice a week.

Fair play heading out for a walk at lunch, I must start doing that, think I eat less when I've less time also.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Woohoo I got my first 7 and my 5% tonight!! Down 1.5 so 8lb in total so far... Delighted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Ok so I am having one of those days where I feel HUGE. its like my belly is just sticking out no matter what way i look - almost looking 3 or 4 months pregnant like. Now I know this is in my mind and i dont really look pregnant like that (at least I hope not) but it did spur me on to do 30 mins of kettlebells when I got home and I just had the nicest dinner of a baked potato with crabmeat lemon and mayo and a lovely salad. A bit more of a summer dinner than a winter one - or even a lunch but it was so delicious. And i have a couple of points left for a small treat now after.

My OH is away this weekend so I am going to have a lot of me time. Healthy food and pampering. I need some ideas though for low fat finger foods I can make for a baby shower. The only thing I know for sure I am going to make bite size quiches with filo pastry (my sister has a mini cupcake tin). I am spending saturday night getting it all ready with my mum and I want as much low points options so I can eat as I know there is going to be a huge amount of cake there I want to avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, I managed to have myself a full good day, it only took 5 days.... :cool: Not gonna lie, it took all my willpower not to cave and eat whatever I wanted as I kind of see it as 'well the damage is already done' kind of an attitude, and I'd say it'll be just as hard the next few days until next Mondays WI.. Dont know whats gotten into me, but it sure as hell isnt healthy, and is dangerously close to having me slip back into old habits... I even cancelled dinner out with the OH this coming Saturday to try get back in the game, but then my sister went and booked a table for dinner for my dads birthday on the Sunday so :( to my attempts... The scales defo wont be looking good on Monday... again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I too am having a bad week but I do not feel that bad about it because I knew it was going to happen and I told myself I could have a bit of what I fancy. Was away in Sligo for a few nights and haven't tracked since Monday. All my weeklies were gone last Saturday after dinner and drinks with the girls. But I am going to use all my mite to get back on track tomorrow. Write this weeks weeklies off and try and do damage limitation by next Wednesday (missed this weeks WI because I was away).

Hopefully i'll get a STS or minute gain next week :) And then I plan on getting into super WW mode :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

It seems like quite a few of us have had a bad day. Today is the start of a new month and good riddance to the bleakest month of the year I say! There's 4 WIs in February so I'm setting a goal of a 5lb loss for February.

I was watching an old episode of the biggest loser last night and Jillian Michaels said something that hit home. She said about one of the contestants that they're saying all the right things and they're doing the right thing but they're doing it half assed and with no intensity. This is what I've been doing and if I put a bit more intensity behind my efforts I feel like I can do it. So here's to 5lbs gone by the end of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Eabhabear wrote: »
    they're saying all the right things and they're doing the right thing but they're doing it half assed and with no intensity. This is what I've been doing and if I put a bit more intensity behind my efforts I feel like I can do it. So here's to 5lbs gone by the end of February.

This is me too!! Great idea for 5lbs gone by end of February.

I was down 1 pound last night. Was delighted.

Someone posted the "Weight loss little black dress" magnet on here ages ago - I got one on ebay for less than €8 and have it on the fridge, each week I write in my loss. (it's a little blackboard) Highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I had a goats cheese salad and a glass of red wine for lunch yesterday (it's been one of those weeks) and picked at little things last night.

It's been one of those weeks.

I think we're off to Galway this weekend so I'm hoping I won't do too much WW damage.
    Would love to lose a few lbs before Valentines - we have a nice dinner booked and it would be nice to treat myself feeling that I've done well.

Happy weekend all.

:)

I second the new month, fresh start philosophy. In November I got down about 9lbs, for most of December I STS going out loads and then put up 4.5lbs over christmas week, In Jan I got rid of the christmas gain but then STS the rest of the month with what I can only describe as the winter munchies and the will power of a pencil sharpener. But it's a new month and I'm putting all that behind me and want to have another month like November. Here's to a fab weightloss month all round.
    Ps. Whoever recommended the nail painting idea yesterday that was a great tip. I gave myself a (slightly shoddy looking but it was my first attempt) french manicure last night and it kept my idle little hands busy for about an hour whilst watching the tv and away from the biccie tin. I might actually get good at it with a bit of practice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Hey All,
    Well I'm up and off the pity pot - sitting on it resulted in a ridiculous gain. I went back to WW last night - but a new leader who I have to say was pretty impressive. I feel the new leader, new meeting is gonna be a good shake up. I've gained over a stone since last Sept - disappointing but its done now. Anyway as the leader said springing into spring and starting over - last time I say that. I now know I can't do this alone and no matter how expensive I need WW & the meetings in my life.

Advertisement