Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

2.5lbs down today!! Whoop! Sometimes I feel that my body wants to lose weight but my hands and mouth are against the idea!

4 hours till hometime and holidaytime! I will be absent for the next two weeks but I'm going to weigh in on the 18th so I can see the damage as soon as Im home and start working on it. Is it crazy to hope for a STS? I think alcohol may be my pitfall as my friend in South Africa likes drinking as much as I do. I think the best I can hope for is to avoid the hangover binges.

Ireland is the one of the few countries which consider February 1st to be the first day of Spring so the way I see it is we have an advantage over other countries as we are out of the depressing, dull and dark winter days. I will definitely be seeing this as a new month and the last January I will ever spend with weight on me is over!

Am I a little over excited and hyper today??

Happy WW everyone and see you in two weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

CavanGal wrote: »
    4 hours till hometime and holidaytime! I will be absent for the next two weeks but I'm going to weigh in on the 18th so I can see the damage as soon as Im home and start working on it. Is it crazy to hope for a STS?

My sister lost 3lbs while on holiday!
    Ireland is the one of the few countries which consider February 1st to be the first day of Spring so the way I see it is we have an advantage over other countries as we are out of the depressing, dull and dark winter days.

I think other countries might have it right - February is the coldest month in Ireland after January. :pac: Yup, colder than December.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

2.5lbs down today!! Whoop! Sometimes I feel that my body wants to lose weight but my hands and mouth are against the idea!

4 hours till hometime and holidaytime! I will be absent for the next two weeks but I'm going to weigh in on the 18th so I can see the damage as soon as Im home and start working on it. Is it crazy to hope for a STS? I think alcohol may be my pitfall as my friend in South Africa likes drinking as much as I do. I think the best I can hope for is to avoid the hangover binges.

Ireland is the one of the few countries which consider February 1st to be the first day of Spring so the way I see it is we have an advantage over other countries as we are out of the depressing, dull and dark winter days. I will definitely be seeing this as a new month and the last January I will ever spend with weight on me is over!

Am I a little over excited and hyper today??

Happy WW everyone and see you in two weeks!

Loving your over excited & hyper post. ;) If you keep that energy going there is no reason why you can't achieve a STS.
    Have a great holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Quick question for anyone who has got to goal. Is it free from the day you get to goal or do you have to maintain for a certain number of weeks before its free?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

Quick question for anyone who has got to goal. Is it free from the day you get to goal or do you have to maintain for a certain number of weeks before its free?

Good news....it's free from the night you reach goal :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

so maybe worth calling this your goal but continue losing a few extra pounds :) be so nice not to pay well done

so maybe worth calling this your goal but continue losing a few extra pounds :) be so nice not to pay well done

I have 2 more prepays left but might call it goal after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Does anyone know what happens with prepay if you miss a week? I probably won't be able to go to a meeting this week with work so I'm wondering can I still use my holiday week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens with prepay if you miss a week? I probably won't be able to go to a meeting this week with work so I'm wondering can I still use my holiday week?

As far as I know you still pay the 5 euro for it but you'd have to check with your leader to be sure.

As far as I know you still pay the 5 euro for it but you'd have to check with your leader to be sure.

Do you mean the normal €5 you have to pay when you miss a week? I still have my 2 holiday weeks so if I hadn't prepaid I wouldn't have to pay anything extra. I'm wondering can I use my holiday week and carry my prepaid week forward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Do you mean the normal €5 you have to pay when you miss a week? I still have my 2 holiday weeks so if I hadn't prepaid I wouldn't have to pay anything extra. I'm wondering can I use my holiday week and carry my prepaid week forward?

Yeah the normal fee for missing a week. Not sure about the holiday weeks tbh. I've never kept going to WW this long.. :o

You can use your holiday weeks on prepay. I've done it before

You can use your holiday weeks on prepay. I've done it before

Great thanks. That's one less thing to worry about :)
    Yeah the normal fee for missing a week. Not sure about the holiday weeks tbh. I've never kept going to WW this long.. :o

You get 2 free holiday weeks every 6 months on WW so if you miss a week you can use a holiday week. Once those 2 weeks are used you pay the €5. As far as I know it hasn't changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Great thanks. That's one less thing to worry about :)

You get 2 free holiday weeks every 6 months on WW so if you miss a week you can use a holiday week. Once those 2 weeks are used you pay the €5. As far as I know it hasn't changed.

Just make sure you tell the cashier before you hand your card, that you missed a week and want to use a holiday. What happened to me before, I said it too late and it automatically took 2 of my prepays and it was a lot of hassle to keep track of them after.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Whoops! Was very naughty last night and this morning... :-)

Came home and had cheese on toast after a few planned wines last night, then had a big breakfast (eggs, beans, toast, butter and a sneaky hash brown) and then I made low fat cheese and jalapeno bread and I had to try a few slices of it....

Very very mischievous, but I will say that the breakfast was delicious and I enjoyed every mouthful! I've just made a big bowl of leek and potato soup (with just 3pp of potato and substituting cauliflower to give it the 'potatoey' look) - entire pot is 3pp and hopefully it will help keep me on the straight and narrow for the rest of the weekend! Hope everyone is having a slightly better weekend than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Whoops! Was very naughty last night and this morning... :-)

Came home and had cheese on toast after a few planned wines last night, then had a big breakfast (eggs, beans, toast, butter and a sneaky hash brown) and then I made low fat cheese and jalapeno bread and I had to try a few slices of it....

Very very mischievous, but I will say that the breakfast was delicious and I enjoyed every mouthful! I've just made a big bowl of leek and potato soup (with just 3pp of potato and substituting cauliflower to give it the 'potatoey' look) - entire pot is 3pp and hopefully it will help keep me on the straight and narrow for the rest of the weekend! Hope everyone is having a slightly better weekend than me.

Dont worry, i'm right there with ya, was back on the straight and narrow for 2 days, and today started off well with weetabix for breakfast whilst resisting toast from the OH, but have gone on a mad one since, eating anything I can get my hands on... Stupid TOTM.. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Down 1.5 this morning, that's 9.5lbs down this year! Delighted.

Itching to get out for a walk but am on antibiotics & don't want to feck myself up, so going to do some exercise bike in a while.

TOTM girls - stock up on hot chocolate, Options are only 1pp per tablespoon if you don't add milk and they are great for killing a chocolate craving.

Ok, so I have NOT managed to get back on track. Just can't seem to do it. I am the type where if I have a bad few days, it spirals on for a week until I get to WI. I know it's happening but I cannot change it for the life of me. So, I am going to find a meeting to go to on Monday (usually WI Wednesday). It's not going to be pretty at all, but I need to WI asap to get back on track.

Monife wrote: »
    Ok, so I have NOT managed to get back on track. Just can't seem to do it. I am the type where if I have a bad few days, it spirals on for a week until I get to WI. I know it's happening but I cannot change it for the life of me. So, I am going to find a meeting to go to on Monday (usually WI Wednesday). It's not going to be pretty at all, but I need to WI asap to get back on track.

Hey monife - you are changing it - recognising this time you need a meeting on Monday is breaking the cycle. Good luck. And maybe fir today pause before you eat rubbish / overeat and ask is this worth it - I know it doesn't always work but sometimes it can wake me up and get me back to valuing myself.

Hey folks. First w/e since returning to meetings and dare I say it so far so good. I've eaten and drunk and pointed everything. It's great experiencing that kick I get from being the one controlling my food rather than the other way around. Off now to plan for the week ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Yesterday finished better than it started! I managed to have a 1pp bowl of soup for dinner with one slice of the jalapeno bread for a 4pp dinner and then I went to the cinema and didn't have anything but a bottle of water! It's a bit like coming into the confessional here, and I think it helped me to get back on track yesterday. I still have tons of soup too, so today should be easy.

I got up late and made eggs florentine this morning - delicious. Two poached eggs, a spiegel's sandwich skinny, spinach and hollandaise (ok made from packet, but with skimmed milk). Twas gorgeous and all for 10pp for a very luxurious and special Sunday brunch!

Quick question - has anyone used the Spiegel's bap things yet? There's no protein listed on the nutritional information - when I entered everything else and left protein at zero, it came out as 2pp (which I'd say they definitely aren't). I'm pp-ing at 3pp just to be safe - does anyone know any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Yesterday finished better than it started! I managed to have a 1pp bowl of soup for dinner with one slice of the jalapeno bread for a 4pp dinner and then I went to the cinema and didn't have anything but a bottle of water! It's a bit like coming into the confessional here, and I think it helped me to get back on track yesterday. I still have tons of soup too, so today should be easy.

I got up late and made eggs florentine this morning - delicious. Two poached eggs, a spiegel's sandwich skinny, spinach and hollandaise (ok made from packet, but with skimmed milk). Twas gorgeous and all for 10pp for a very luxurious and special Sunday brunch!

Quick question - has anyone used the Spiegel's bap things yet? There's no protein listed on the nutritional information - when I entered everything else and left protein at zero, it came out as 2pp (which I'd say they definitely aren't). I'm pp-ing at 3pp just to be safe - does anyone know any more?

I had them would say they are only 2, must ask at my meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aka79

Ok, Im in need of some help....

Since xmas, Ive lost my way some what. Ive been going to my WW meetings weekly and Im still tracking every bit that goes into my mouth as well as my exercise. But for some reason, I cannot control my intake.
    My daily quota is 26 points and weekly is 49. Yet I tend to use up the 49 with no hassle what so ever and Im eating an average of 40 - 45 points a day. Now as a result of this, when I go to my weigh in, Im either staying the same every week or Im up 0.5lb or down 0.5lb, and its like this weekly. Im very active.
    I walk to work and walk home every day which takes me about 40-45minutes as its about 3km each way, and in the past three weeks, ive taken up running in the evenings for about 30 minutes maybe 4 times a week.

If I keep going like this, Im not gonna hit my target any time soon!!

aka79 wrote: »
    Ok, Im in need of some help....

Since xmas, Ive lost my way some what. Ive been going to my WW meetings weekly and Im still tracking every bit that goes into my mouth as well as my exercise. But for some reason, I cannot control my intake.
    My daily quota is 26 points and weekly is 49. Yet I tend to use up the 49 with no hassle what so ever and Im eating an average of 40 - 45 points a day. Now as a result of this, when I go to my weigh in, Im either staying the same every week or Im up 0.5lb or down 0.5lb, and its like this weekly. Im very active.
    I walk to work and walk home every day which takes me about 40-45minutes as its about 3km each way, and in the past three weeks, ive taken up running in the evenings for about 30 minutes maybe 4 times a week.

If I keep going like this, Im not gonna hit my target any time soon!!

I know this may not be what you want to hear, but I've been in the exact same position as you the last week or 2 and something I've realised is that it's my own doing and the only person who can do this is me. Its simple you have to decide if you really want this and why you really want this. Then you just have to train your mind to say no I'm not going to have that, I'm going to stick to my plan. I made out a list of reasons why I want to lose the weight and I pinned it up on my wall. Then I when I'm tempted I keep thinking back to that list. You just have to push through and once you get one week out of the way and another it'll become easier. Get rid of all junk food from the house only have what you need and then it'll be easier to resist temptation. I apologise if that seems harsh but if you read back through this thread you will see everyone give advice to people but in reality you already know what you have to do and none of us can do it for you.

You're not alone. I've been the same for the last few weeks but the fear of going back into the 14's made me cop on yesterday. I still didn't have a perfect day today but it was by far my best day in a long while. I have cut down on the Lucozade a lot which is a huge achievement for me. Tomorrow I was going to try a 500 cal day however while I think I would get through that day I think I would just binge the next day as I'd think I deprived myself the day before. So instead I'm going to have a low point day and cut my daily allowance by 6 points. I've no idea if it'll help or have a bad effect but I'm going to give it a go tomorrow and Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Right... Day one back on track today. Don't know if I can face WI tonight, was already up 4 last week and was much worse this week so really don't wanna see this weeks result :( Normally, no matter how bad, I'd go to WI to face up to it and get my head in the game but I'm just dreading the thouughts of it...

As usual was having a great week until one day throws a spanner in the works. My cousins baby shower was yesterday and ate a lot of cake, i couldnt stop and lost track of how much i ate. Then got home and ate some chocolate. Thought I would just not have dinner but my OH came home from a stag weekend at like half nince and by then I was so hungry and so was he, and with no food in the house we ordered a chinese. Then on top of that he bought me home a present from his holidays of jellies and a HUGE bar of milka (milka with popcorn, it sounds wrong but it is so delicious) and so i had some of that too. I had all my weeklies in tact for the day so just writing it all off. Though to be honest I have decided that I may just call goal this week unless i have gained weight. If I STS or lose whatever I am at is Goal and if I can lose more on my own after then all well and good. .

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

disaster of a weekend...if I could have bought some weekly points I would have!!!!!

Dreading WI & will have to starve till tues WI!!! Will I ever learn :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

WI is not gonna be fun this week, it was my best friends birthday party on Saturday and I drank my bodyweight in alcohol, I had my weeklies for it but im pretty sure I drank double the 49! Then yesterday in my hungover state I ate a huge Chinese, I polished off a dish for 2 on my own! Damn you hangover! But I don't do it often and have drawn a line, hopefully I can undo most of the damage by Thursday! Goodluck with your WIs everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Had a terrible weekend foodwise but made it to the gym and swimming both saturday and sunday so am hoping that will help.

I'm just so useless at weekends, I eat on Sunday nights like prisoner on death row :rolleyes:

Anyway, back on track today and hoping Wed eve WI won't be too bad.

I STS last week after a 4lb loss the week before, so a small loss this week would be nice.

Trying to "Spring" back ;)

• Advertisement

Does anyone on this thread go to Michael's meetings? I used to go to him last year but when I re-joined this year, I joined a different meeting.

The reason I am asking is because I remember him saying he was the leader of a lot of Dublin meetings and I am going to a meeting in Whitehall this evening but I have a vague recollection that he does that meeting and because I am going to have a very big, embarrassing gain, I would rather it not be a leader I know well.... :(

Advertisement