Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

As expected, an expected gain.. Thats two gains in the past two weeks and I am feeling like a FAT DISASTER! But this is my kick up the bum. Lets do this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Further to my previous post, Michael does do meetings in Whitehall. It was very embarrassing.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Monife wrote: »
    Further to my previous post, Michael does do meetings in Whitehall. It was very embarrassing.... :(
    Well done for going anyway hopefully you'll be well proud going next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Oh God. How did it go? Look on the bright side at least you went. I'm sure he was glad that you're back on the plan :)

I'd love to be able to go this week but I am determined to have a good loss next week to make up for missing a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Oh God. How did it go? Look on the bright side at least you went. I'm sure he was glad that you're back on the plan :)

I'd love to be able to go this week but I am determined to have a good loss next week to make up for missing a week.

I suppose i'll say the gain so that to compel myself to never let it happen again. Gained 6lb :( Was so embarrassed, I didn't stay for the meeting. He knew me as soon as I walked in, he's a great leader, remembers everyone but I hadn't been to a meeting of his since last summer so couldn't face staying for the meeting after that gain.

• Advertisement

I suppose i'll say the gain so that to compel myself to never let it happen again. Gained 6lb :( Was so embarrassed, I didn't stay for the meeting. He knew me as soon as I walked in, he's a great leader, remembers everyone but I hadn't been to a meeting of his since last summer so couldn't face staying for the meeting after that gain.

Well done to admitting it. By admitting it at least you can move on from it now. Your new week starts now and there's no reason you can't have a loss next week. Life can get in the way and we all have bad weeks. I weighed myself this morning as I can't go to meetings this week and it has me up 3lbs but I'm going to use it to motivate me.

I said last week I wanted a 5lb loss by the end of February so I've decided that if I reach my monthly goal, I'm going to put €20 towards a 'goal fund' and when I reach goal I'm going to use that fund to buy all the clothes I always dreamed of buying. It is much better use of money than wasting it on crap like I have been doing the last weeks.

I know a few people have been struggling the last week or 2 so I thought I'd share what I did over the weekend. I realised that only I can do this and I need to start with the my environment. I have gotten rid of the junk food in the house. If its not there I can't eat it. I did up a list of why I want to lose weight and I have it in clear sight where I can see it everyday. To give you an idea it includes:
    Not get back into 14 (after my crap week I wouldn't be surprised if I'm close :mad:)
    Get back into 12
    I have a load of gorgeous clothes in my wardrobe that I have from when I first lost the weight and some I never wore as I was close to fitting into them so I want to fit back into them.
    I know this may sound bad but there's a friend who is in the process of losing weight and the jealousy/competitor in me has kicked in and I want to lose it before her. (This has actually been the best motivator!)
    My sister will be home from travelling this summer and I put the weight on in the time she was gone so I want to be skinnier than I was when she left.

I also decided to read the stickies in the main forum that people keep preaching about and even on the first page you can learn a lot to help you with your diet. Here's a list of things I'm going to try and incorporate into my life over the next few months. I say months as I don't want to overwhelm myself so in order as they're listed I'm going to try and do them.

1. Give up Lucozade
    2. Exercise at least 3 times a week
    3. No more eating crap after WI
    4. Drink green tea or hot water when feeling hungry after eating or in between meals
    5. Set monthly goals and award with putting money towards clothes funds
    6. Switch to wholewheat pasta, rice and tortilla wraps
    7. Snack on fruit or light healthy snacks to prevent hunger pangs
    8. Have 2 low point days to help kick metabolism
    9. Up protein to maximise points instead of treats
    10. Try to up fibre intake

These are by no means infallible and I'm not perfect but I hope by slowly changing my habits and not getting stressed about weekly WI, it will work. If you're struggling I'd definitely advise doing something similar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Made these last week and they were yummy! So good for cold windy nights - kinda wish I had made them tonight.

Creamy Chicken Pie - great for windy cold nights like tonight!! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/02/creamy-chicken-pies.html

Had a bad day today but I am strangely relaxed about it. There has been some great posts on here over the past few hours - nothing like a bit of motivation to bring you back from a slump! Thanks everyone.

Taz1 wrote: »
    As expected, an expected gain.. Thats two gains in the past two weeks and I am feeling like a FAT DISASTER! But this is my kick up the bum. Lets do this!!!

You are so close to goal so keep at it and you will get there eventually :)
    Made these last week and they were yummy! So good for cold windy nights - kinda wish I had made them tonight.

Creamy Chicken Pie - great for windy cold nights like tonight!! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/02/creamy-chicken-pies.html

Had a bad day today but I am strangely relaxed about it. There has been some great posts on here over the past few hours - nothing like a bit of motivation to bring you back from a slump! Thanks everyone.

Snap I made this last weekend and it is gorgeous. I would really recommend it. My family loved it and when I told them it was a WW recipe they were shocked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Hey everyone.
    I've been trying my best to get back on track, and while I haven't been great, I'm getting there, and im holding my own, which is great. I'm feeling a bit more positive these days, but I've realised that giving up ww altogether will have disastrous consequences, because ill put back on every pound I've lost so far. I downloaded a new app the other night, and I'm going to start tracking on my phone, because realistically, I'm not going to sit down in work with my little green paper tracker and start filling it in with all my colleagues looking on.
    Went for a walk today for half my lunch break- this really helps me to stay on track. One of my bad work habits is sneaking out to the shop (which is literally about 30 feet from where I sit having lunch) after my lunch and buying chocolate. I dont have time for that if I go out for a little jaunt.
    Eabhabear, there's a lot of similarities in our stories, and our motivators.
    We will do this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I'm staaarving and I won't get breakfast for another hour at least as we have VIPs on site today.
    For some reason that means closing the canteen ... ahem.

Anyway I had a nice warming dinner of fish fingers, potato waffles and corn on the cob last night - hearty dins for the weather that's in it!

The fish fingers I have are 5pp for 3 which is good value for pp I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WI tonight. I'm nervous even though I've been tracking and not gone over my PPs and I got a walk everyday except yesterday and today because I was painting my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

dammitj wrote: »

I'm just so useless at weekends, I eat on Sunday nights like prisoner on death row :rolleyes:

Weekends are so tough for me so I know that feeling so well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I cannot believe I have weigh in tonight. I just can't seem to stick to plan. On so much medication that makes me crave junk food. I feel worse then when I can't lose the weight......it's one big vicious circle.......

Making cottage pie for dinner tonight, im always really bad in the cold weather (I hate being cold and hungry) so I reckon cottage pie will keep me busy this afternoon, I've also got a ww frozen lasagne for lunch so should keep me warm, also I refuse to drive in snow so kept my little one home today and we've been very busy playing school at home, as part of the music lesson I taught him the maccerena so im wiped from doing that still it's kept me out of the press so far, I have a feeling today is gonna be hard so my goal for today is to stay within my points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Has anyone tried the WW Sweet & Sour sauce in the jar? Just wondered if it was nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Yesterday finished better than it started! I managed to have a 1pp bowl of soup for dinner with one slice of the jalapeno bread for a 4pp dinner and then I went to the cinema and didn't have anything but a bottle of water! It's a bit like coming into the confessional here, and I think it helped me to get back on track yesterday. I still have tons of soup too, so today should be easy.

I got up late and made eggs florentine this morning - delicious. Two poached eggs, a spiegel's sandwich skinny, spinach and hollandaise (ok made from packet, but with skimmed milk). Twas gorgeous and all for 10pp for a very luxurious and special Sunday brunch!

Quick question - has anyone used the Spiegel's bap things yet? There's no protein listed on the nutritional information - when I entered everything else and left protein at zero, it came out as 2pp (which I'd say they definitely aren't). I'm pp-ing at 3pp just to be safe - does anyone know any more?

Our leader told us the Spiegels are 3pp. The Brenans ones with the seeds are also 3pp but 2 are 7pp. There are fab alternative to baps things.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I know a few people have been struggling the last week or 2 so I thought I'd share what I did over the weekend. I realised that only I can do this and I need to start with the my environment. I have gotten rid of the junk food in the house. If its not there I can't eat it. I did up a list of why I want to lose weight and I have it in clear sight where I can see it everyday. To give you an idea it includes:
    Not get back into 14 (after my crap week I wouldn't be surprised if I'm close :mad:)
    Get back into 12
    I have a load of gorgeous clothes in my wardrobe that I have from when I first lost the weight and some I never wore as I was close to fitting into them so I want to fit back into them.
    I know this may sound bad but there's a friend who is in the process of losing weight and the jealousy/competitor in me has kicked in and I want to lose it before her. (This has actually been the best motivator!)
    My sister will be home from travelling this summer and I put the weight on in the time she was gone so I want to be skinnier than I was when she left.

I also decided to read the stickies in the main forum that people keep preaching about and even on the first page you can learn a lot to help you with your diet. Here's a list of things I'm going to try and incorporate into my life over the next few months. I say months as I don't want to overwhelm myself so in order as they're listed I'm going to try and do them.

1. Give up Lucozade
    2. Exercise at least 3 times a week
    3. No more eating crap after WI
    4. Drink green tea or hot water when feeling hungry after eating or in between meals
    5. Set monthly goals and award with putting money towards clothes funds
    6. Switch to wholewheat pasta, rice and tortilla wraps
    7. Snack on fruit or light healthy snacks to prevent hunger pangs
    8. Have 2 low point days to help kick metabolism
    9. Up protein to maximise points instead of treats
    10. Try to up fibre intake

These are by no means infallible and I'm not perfect but I hope by slowly changing my habits and not getting stressed about weekly WI, it will work. If you're struggling I'd definitely advise doing something similar :)

Excellently put. Been struggling myself the last while. Going back to meeting last week and being home sick forced me to look at what I want. And stop with the excuses.
    We will definitely get there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Lads, is anyone else starving these days? I am famished more now than ever. I wonder if it has something to do with the weather :)
    I found myself eating the kids crusts of toast this morning I was so hungry! Oh the shame of it :D

sok2005 wrote: »
    Lads, is anyone else starving these days? I am famished more now than ever. I wonder if it has something to do with the weather :)
    I found myself eating the kids crusts of toast this morning I was so hungry! Oh the shame of it :D

Im exactly the same - I am eating so much fruit its unreal. I am actually deading WI tonight just because of the amount of fruit I will have sitting in my stomach. Have already had my breakfast of porridge and yoghurt, a banana, pear orange, some chicken and veg and a bag of popcorn and Im not even full. Could easily eat more. Hopefully can hold off on eating again until WI at 7 :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I woke up this morning and I point blank refused to do anything else until I had eaten. I was ravenous!!!!

I'm going to assume it's my metabolisim revving up as opposed to me being mega greedy :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Me! I find myself hungry more often over the last few days. When I'm really hungry in the morning I have a cup of green tea with lemon and that keeps me going until I get the school run going, then I cook eggs - they fill me up long enough to get going on lunch so I'm not starving and making stupid choices to fill a hole.

Have replaced bread with Ryvita Dark Rye, don't know if that's a good thing or not but I feel a lot less stodgy without bread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Also feeling very hungry over the last few days. Had a brutal week,didn't track anything and ate loads of rubbish. TOTM also so just feel like a big lump!:eek: But fitted into my skinny jeans on Sunday which makes no sense, so ate loads of cake at a birthday party to celebrate!! As you do!!
    Came home from work this morning cos was throwing up, prob from all the crap I ate!!
    WI tomorrow, will take my beating and just get on with it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

gragirl wrote: »

Our leader told us the Spiegels are 3pp. The Brenans ones with the seeds are also 3pp but 2 are 7pp. There are fab alternative to baps things.

What's a spiegel I'm guessing some sort of bread I tried googling no luck! Where do you get them

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

elsy wrote: »
    What's a spiegel I'm guessing some sort of bread I tried googling no luck! Where do you get them

It's a thin bap type bread roll.

My leader said they were 2 pps!!!! AGH

If I stop now I'll have stuck to my goal today of staying in my points, im well stuffed from that cottage pie so I should be able to do it, im happy the snows gone

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Yipee 3.5lb off today :) so got my 2nd stone and 4th silver 7 it feels great to be getting nearer goal another stone :) it's getting harder and yes think it's the colder weather and totm started today as well. Just had a Moro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

well done wannabe slim. thats a great achievement.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Has anyone tried the WW Sweet & Sour sauce in the jar? Just wondered if it was nice. :)

Its a little bland but still nice and good for the pps

• Advertisement

Up half a pound this week. Past 2 days have been all over the place so am ok with it. Also have pretty much decided unless i actually go up again next week whatever I am next week will be my weight watcher goal. There are loads of reasons which I wont go into right now but over all happy with the decision.

Going out for brunch this week so will use some weeklies for that but otherwise going to stick to my dailies for all other days. Have a lovely tuna and avocado salad made for lunch tomorrow and not going to leave the office so all i can have is that my porridge and fruit. It has taken me a year to realise that avocado is not as high as I thought, i thought it was 4pp for 1/4 of one and now i find out its 4pp for 1/2 of one - which is totally worth it. Could have been eating way more avocado al year!

Advertisement