Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Down another 1.5lbs, my total so far is 10.5lbs :D

Got my little 5% sticker too, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Does anyone know how many pp are in the Speigal mini bagels??

I was giving them 2 pp as the normal size ones are three?

I was down 1 lb last week, which I was happy with as i am being a bit 'Loose' with my tracking the last few weeks....

I am off on holidays next week to las vegas - so going to enjoy that and start back properly when i return!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Lormuz wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many pp are in the Speigal mini bagels??

I was giving them 2 pp as the normal size ones are three?

I was down 1 lb last week, which I was happy with as i am being a bit 'Loose' with my tracking the last few weeks....

I am off on holidays next week to las vegas - so going to enjoy that and start back properly when i return!

I had pointed the spiegels bagels as 6. I thought it was a different spiegels product that was three - those bap things like the slimbos? Do the mini ones not have nutritional info?

I'm going to vegas for easter - you'll have to give me some tips for what to do over there apart from the obvious gambling :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Wow ye lucky pups!

I'm going to Killarney in June - does that count?? ;)

I have my WI this evening and I'm not optimistic.
    I'm finding it hard going to stick to 26 pp. Last time I was at WW I had 29 and it seemed so much easier!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

sok2005 wrote: »
    Lads, is anyone else starving these days? I am famished more now than ever. I wonder if it has something to do with the weather :)
    I found myself eating the kids crusts of toast this morning I was so hungry! Oh the shame of it :D

Yes I feel the same. It's awful, I ended up brushing my teeth twice yesterday evening just to stop me eating. I had pigged out so much I was too embarrassed to WI. It's only wednesday & I have half my weekly points gone.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Although extremely cold today the sun is out and I actually feel less hungry than other days, hopefully you all feel the same. I think I need to move to California!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

I've been a bit rubbish with just STS's all January and was too busy at the weekend to do any food prep for this week so took the easy way out and bought M&S count on us meals for the week. Definitely not something to rely on but sneaky peak at the scales says it is working and think it's a good idea to change things up when you are finding things difficult. I had this delicious one last night for 9pps that was chicken and patatas bravas with a crispy top and a nice warm cottage pie for when I get back from college late tonight. Will get my chef hat back on this weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Yesterday the weight loss Gods must have been looking down on me because I was in a friends house and they were getting take away. I had my healthy dinner with me but the temptation was there. I decided in the end to get a small bag of chips to go with my dinner that way I wouldn't eat a full burger meal but I wouldn't fell like I was being left out. The food came and low and behold they had forgotten the chips :D So by divine intervention my whole plan to be good and actually put an effort in is still on track! I feel much better for it.

I have a question for any exercise nerds out there. I plan on doing a work out tonight and I was wondering when is best to eat before or after working out?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

donnamc5 wrote: »
    I've been a bit rubbish with just STS's all January and was too busy at the weekend to do any food prep for this week so took the easy way out and bought M&S count on us meals for the week. Definitely not something to rely on but sneaky peak at the scales says it is working and think it's a good idea to change things up when you are finding things difficult. I had this delicious one last night for 9pps that was chicken and patatas bravas with a crispy top and a nice warm cottage pie for when I get back from college late tonight. Will get my chef hat back on this weekend :)

Are these meals ok in terms of salt, preseratives etc, that come with prepared meals, as I might try this myself? I have WW ones in the freezer but I've a feeling the M&S ones might be 'better' for you, no??

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I was only down a half a pound last night.
    Not happy, but what can I expect if I am not putting in the effort and going over daily and weekly points all the time!!
    I have so much to lose I am odd.
    Although I enjoyed watching Operation Transformation last night it gave me a tiny nudge in the right direction!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Taz1 wrote: »
    Are these meals ok in terms of salt, preseratives etc, that come with prepared meals, as I might try this myself? I have WW ones in the freezer but I've a feeling the M&S ones might be 'better' for you, no??

Prepacked meals are never good for you if you eat them all the time but everything in moderation. I think they are perfect to have in the freezer in case of emergency. I'd rather a M&S meal than a take away. I think the M&S ones are better quality than the WW ones and possibly more in them?
    pinkstars wrote: »
    I was only down a half a pound last night.
    Not happy, but what can I expect if I am not putting in the effort and going over daily and weekly points all the time!!
    I have so much to lose I am odd.
    Although I enjoyed watching Operation Transformation last night it gave me a tiny nudge in the right direction!

Half a pound is still a loss and you should use it as a motivator to get a bigger loss next week. Look back on your week and honestly ask yourself did you stick to points and did you track everything. If the answer is no then there's your reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

I had pointed the spiegels bagels as 6. I thought it was a different spiegels product that was three - those bap things like the slimbos? Do the mini ones not have nutritional info?

I'm going to vegas for easter - you'll have to give me some tips for what to do over there apart from the obvious gambling :-)

I will definately - we are looking at some black river rafting around the hoover damn... although nothing is booked and if i am out till 5 am gambling and whatnot then that might not happen!!

6pp can't be right, they are only tiny, half the size of a normal bagel which is 3 pp according to the purple book...

I tried putting into my app but the packaging didn't have the weight of each individual bagel so the results were a bit wonky!

mmm! may try and avoid until I know for definite!

Lormuz wrote: »
    I will definately - we are looking at some black river rafting around the hoover damn... although nothing is booked and if i am out till 5 am gambling and whatnot then that might not happen!!

6pp can't be right, they are only tiny, half the size of a normal bagel which is 3 pp according to the purple book...

I tried putting into my app but the packaging didn't have the weight of each individual bagel so the results were a bit wonky!

mmm! may try and avoid until I know for definite!

I'm only there for 4 days but think am going to try and hit the grand canyon but the rest of the time spent in vegas itself.

6pp is for the normal sized speigel bagels. I calculated it based on the nutritional info on the back and that's what it came out as. I havent seen the small ones. Could you weigh one of the small ones and try work it out that way? Or work out total pack weight divided by how many in there? Seems like a lot of work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Down a pound today:D I am deeeeelighted with that! I got to my suggested goal weight of 10'11 (my second suggested goal - my first was 11'4) and I've decided to lose the last five pounds to get to a total loss of 2 stone. Very excited to be on the home straight - my leader said that I'm as well to keep going the last wee bit - my weight is still steadily coming off, despite coming close to the end and she feels that for my frame, 5 more pounds for complete vanities sake would be fine.

Hoping to be at 10'5.5 by St. Patrick's Day - 5 pounds in approximately what - five weeks now? It would be fantastic - and to get me a gold card shortly after! Feeling very inspired and enthusiastic about the process today - I think the lovely spring weather is helping too!
    Eabhabear wrote: »
    Yesterday the weight loss Gods must have been looking down on me because I was in a friends house and they were getting take away. I had my healthy dinner with me but the temptation was there. I decided in the end to get a small bag of chips to go with my dinner that way I wouldn't eat a full burger meal but I wouldn't fell like I was being left out. The food came and low and behold they had forgotten the chips :D So by divine intervention my whole plan to be good and actually put an effort in is still on track! I feel much better for it.

I have a question for any exercise nerds out there. I plan on doing a work out tonight and I was wondering when is best to eat before or after working out?

The thinking used to be that if you worked out on an empty stomach, you burn fat rather than the food that's in your stomach. However, I think these days they suggest having something to eat before you work out - something to do with your metabolism and making sure you have enough fuel to put an great workout in. I'd say if you had something protein based beforehand (like a tin of tuna) it would be best. I'm not an expert, but based on what I've read, that seems to be best practice based on current sports science.

Taz1 wrote: »

I think its a case of everything in moderation. I personally find them much tastier and healthier than alternative ready dinners. Also the simply kids range is a great alternative for lunches if you are trying to cut down on bread. Obviously cooking fresh food from scratch is the ideal but if you're struggling with portion sizes or time then its a good way to get back on track.

Hello fellow weightwatchers
    Any chance anyone would know off hand or have a spare few minutes.....
    Feeling totally overwhelmed counting out my points!

I had:
    2 weetabix (3)
    Low fat Milk (1)
    Muller yoghurt (2)
    2 Mccambridge bread ?
    Low low (1)
    Small egg (2)?
    Hula hoops multipack (2)?
    Apple (0)
    Mandarin (0)
    2 ww bars (4)
    Salad (0)
    2 slices of wholegrain bread (4)
    Flora (1)

Hello fellow weightwatchers
    Any chance anyone would know off hand or have a spare few minutes.....
    Feeling totally overwhelmed counting out my points!

I had:
    2 weetabix (3)
    Low fat Milk (1)
    Muller yoghurt (2)
    2 Mccambridge bread ?
    Low low (1)
    Small egg (2)?
    Hula hoops multipack (2)?
    Apple (0)
    Mandarin (0)
    2 ww bars (4)
    Salad (0)
    2 slices of wholegrain bread (4)
    Flora (1)

Low fat milk or skimmed? It would have to be a very small amount of low fat to be only 1pp. How much milk did you use?

2 Mcabridges bread is 5 AFAIK
    Hulahoops from a multipack are 3pp
    2 slices of wholegraind bread would be 5 - its 2 each and usually two slices for 5 but you are best double checking the brand from the packet.

The weight watchers ireland website now has an online calculator to work out products from nutritional info - so spend one evening checking any products you would use regulalry and write them down somewhere. Also work checking multiples of quanities as its not always as simple as 2 portions being double the points.

Whoops ya, there I go already milk should be 2!

How do you know when the propoints can double up to 5?

I always get mixed up with that!

Whoops ya, there I go already milk should be 2!

How do you know when the propoints can double up to 5?

I always get mixed up with that!

the only real way is to work it out on the calculator. I usually work out portions i am likely to eat of something. So if i know im always going to have 2 slices of bread i work it out like that. sometimes it works in your favour and it can be 2pp each and 3pp for 2. Also somethings will be listed in multiples in te book. Best thing is to build up your own data base of producst you use a lot - either download a tracking app that saves favourites or start a little notebook. I used to have a pink book with all things I had counted written in. Was like my own shopping guide!

the only real way is to work it out on the calculator. I usually work out portions i am likely to eat of something. So if i know im always going to have 2 slices of bread i work it out like that. sometimes it works in your favour and it can be 2pp each and 3pp for 2. Also somethings will be listed in multiples in te book. Best thing is to build up your own data base of producst you use a lot - either download a tracking app that saves favourites or start a little notebook. I used to have a pink book with all things I had counted written in. Was like my own shopping guide!

Also if you are by a computer all day then the weightwatchers uk online membership is brilliant. I pay about €40 for 3 months online membership but you can track online, save all your favorite recipes you make and its got a massive database already there when you are tracking so lots of main brand stuff already pointed for you. Not for everyone but ideal for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Had my WI and was down .5lb. Got to my 5% goal as well. Am delighted cos was sure I'd be up. Have decided that I have to stop beating myself up every time I think I have a bad few days, I'm obviously still keeping myself on track cos I've had a loss every week since I started, and every week I think I'm going to be up. The plan is obviously working for me, so just need to have a bit more faith in myself. Positive Mental Attitude!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

I was +1 tonight and im very disappointed :( I worked hard all week especially at the exercise and i tracked good! Totm just gone too so i don't know what im doing wrong.. I had said when i went back after xmas that i was going to try very hard and not have any gains but after 5 weeks that plan is gone out the window! Im going to stick it out and change it up a bit this week and hope to see a shift downwards! 18lbs to goal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Just wondering do any of you have this problem and any solutions?

I went out for a walk today, first walk in a long time (as when I was good previously, I went to the gym and this year I have been going to Zumba classes) and 15 minutes in my ankles were killing me. 25 minutes in, every step was painful, got home and my ankles were ripped to shreds. Now, if these were new runners, that would explain it, but I got them in early 2011. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

So I braved WW last night and was down a pound. Hurrah!

It's only one pound but hey, it's going in the right direction.

That's 5lb since I rejoined on 9th January which is by no means stellar, but it's 5lb of my Christmas weight gone.

:)

Would love another loss next week - I've told myself I can have dessert after our Valentine's meal if I have a loss next week :D

Had my porridge this morning with one of the muller coconut greek yoghurts - tastiest thing in the world. I usually have strawberry or raspberry activia but from now on will be going with the greek ones!!

Getting my hair all cut off tonight - going for a drastic new look to go with my weight loss. I'm nervous as anything but hopefully it wont be a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

"I have a question for any exercise nerds out there. I plan on doing a work out tonight and I was wondering when is best to eat before or after working out"

I do a running class every week and our trainer told us not to eat before it as you'd get a stitch and generally cant last the pace as the food is bouncing around in your stomach. I'd have a banana about 15-20 mins before the class if I'm weak with the hunger.

I'd normally have my dinner ready and they I can eat guilt free when I come home!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm thinking of dyeing my hair a different colour to go with my weight loss. I was going to WW beforehand but since me and my ex broke up I've just felt like changing everything. I started redecorating my room, bought new make up and more importantly I stayed going to WW and actually staying for the class.

I've started going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. I'm eating a healthy breakfast everyday. I've stopped eating late at night. Before I went back to WW some nights I would eat 3 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bread with butter which I've now realised came to about 13 to 14 propoints.. :eek: This was all because of worry and boredom just because I think I knew the relationship was ending.

I need to keep up with WW and I need to lose this weight for myself, it's now or never.

I'm thinking of dyeing my hair a different colour to go with my weight loss. I was going to WW beforehand but since me and my ex broke up I've just felt like changing everything. I started redecorating my room, bought new make up and more importantly I stayed going to WW and actually staying for the class.

I've started going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. I'm eating a healthy breakfast everyday. I've stopped eating late at night. Before I went back to WW some nights I would eat 3 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bread with butter which I've now realised came to about 13 to 14 propoints.. :eek: This was all because of worry and boredom just because I think I knew the relationship was ending.

I need to keep up with WW and I need to lose this weight for myself, it's now or never.

You have such a brillaint attitude. This is such a hard time for you and I know myself would find it really hard to stay focused. So you should be really proud of yourself for that. Im always to scared to dye my hair - have only done it once or twice in the past and always regretted it. I would love to be able to do something daring like go red but I am too much of a wuss. To be honest I am pretty nervous about the cut tonight - i have gone this short once before years ago and at the time i hated it becausethe hairdresses cut it 4 inches shorter than I wanted. So i focused on that but looking back on it it was a really nice cut - so im going to try again. I'm terrible in that I love my hair but am always disappointed when I get it cut.

Sorry i went off on a tangent. But yes sometimes a change is just what we need - and hair is usually the perfect canvass for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

You're making so many positive changes. Well done. Delighted for you!
    I made my hundredth fresh start today. I'm tracking goodo. I remember reading a post on a blog, (Think it was cselis), where she said when she started, she said shed do it for a week. Amd then it was another, and another. One week, that's it. I can manage to stay on track for that long. Every time I want to go over my points, I will tell myself (x more days). I was on 33 or 34 pp per day- I think it went back up to 34, but my leader told me stick to 33- I missed my meeting yesterday, because I had to work, but I decided I'd make it 35 pp per day, and go easy on my weeklies. In fact, I'm going to try to not use any other weeklies, and just eat my activity points.
    Go team WW!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

elsy wrote: »
    What's a spiegel I'm guessing some sort of bread I tried googling no luck! Where do you get them

Yeah - they are like a little bap!
    It's a thin bap type bread roll.

My leader said they were 2 pps!!!! AGH

I'll double check with mine tonight - I know the Brennans ones were definitely 3.
    Natmus wrote: »
    "I have a question for any exercise nerds out there. I plan on doing a work out tonight and I was wondering when is best to eat before or after working out"

I do a running class every week and our trainer told us not to eat before it as you'd get a stitch and generally cant last the pace as the food is bouncing around in your stomach. I'd have a banana about 15-20 mins before the class if I'm weak with the hunger.

I'd normally have my dinner ready and they I can eat guilt free when I come home!!

The days I'm running, I tend to eat a dinner at lunch time. Then around 1.5hrs before the run I'll have a banana. If cold maybe a bovril to warm me up. Then after the run cos its around 9 in the evening I'll eat a lunch style meal. High in protein for recovery.

Advertisement