Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

I'm thinking of dyeing my hair a different colour to go with my weight loss. I was going to WW beforehand but since me and my ex broke up I've just felt like changing everything. I started redecorating my room, bought new make up and more importantly I stayed going to WW and actually staying for the class.

I've started going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. I'm eating a healthy breakfast everyday. I've stopped eating late at night. Before I went back to WW some nights I would eat 3 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bread with butter which I've now realised came to about 13 to 14 propoints.. :eek: This was all because of worry and boredom just because I think I knew the relationship was ending.

I need to keep up with WW and I need to lose this weight for myself, it's now or never.

Love your attitude. You are inspirational - cos so many of us struggle with staying healthy through the tough times, when in fact thats probably when you need it most. Well done and I hope the hair colour change is amazing!

Had my porridge this morning with one of the muller coconut greek yoghurts - tastiest thing in the world. I usually have strawberry or raspberry activia but from now on will be going with the greek ones!!

Getting my hair all cut off tonight - going for a drastic new look to go with my weight loss. I'm nervous as anything but hopefully it wont be a mistake!

Exciting!!! I did similar a year ago (was down 3stone but still along way from goal) and got my hair cut into a bob - short back and longer to the front. My head felt a weight loss after. It changed my face everything - and funny enough I think it was then some people, who hadn't said anything about weight loss, starting say there was a change in me and it wasn't just the hair!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

gragirl wrote: »
    Yeah - they are like a little bap!

Where do you get these Spiegel (sp?) things? They were mentioned in my class a few weeks ago. Can you get them in Tesco?

I'm loving the positive attitude on here this week. Such a change from last week. After my fluke at avoiding take-away the other night, yesterday also was a perfect day. Stuck to points, came straight home from work and did 30 Day Shred. It really is down to your frame of mind. I just have to go straight and exercise rather than sit down because then I won't get back up. Regarding food, it really is just a matter of avoiding the shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Thanks so much for all the positive messages everybody. It's times like this that would usually crumble and eat everything that I shouldn't. It's sad to think it now but I had put on a lot of weight toward the end of the relationship and I couldn't see it at the time. Things are slowly getting better. :)

I'm concentrating on myself for the first time in absolutely ages. I decided that while I'm trying to get over what happened that I'm going to do things to make me more confident and when the time is right maybe someone else will come along and love the new me. :)

Edit: my cousin is sending me a WW pancake recipe soon so I'll put it up here if anyone is interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Ok had an awful few weeks decided to say F off to weight watchers was not good and ate everything that was not nailed down, just had a bad few weeks emotionally but went back to ww today. Was up 3.5lb which was not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm now 7lbs from goal but hopefully the blues have lifted. Going to go for a run this evening and hope that gets me back in the correct mindset. Hopefully ill be here reporting a good loss this time next week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Ok had an awful few weeks decided to say F off to weight watchers was not good and ate everything that was not nailed down, just had a bad few weeks emotionally but went back to ww today. Was up 3.5lb which was not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm now 7lbs from goal but hopefully the blues have lifted. Going to go for a run this evening and hope that gets me back in the correct mindset. Hopefully ill be here reporting a good loss this time next week :D

Ditto on that one! Except I had a bad 2 weeks and gained 6.5 over the course of two of them, so you did really well! Hard to get back in the mindset, I'm still struggling, 3rd 'good' day today, really need a loss to help me get my head back in the game otherwise I'll creep back to my old habits, as I was doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Omg after my boozy Chinese filled weekend im down 2.5!!!! I did leave points uneaten every day since to undo some damage but I was not expecting that! I'm delighted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

"Stuck to points, came straight home from work and did 30 Day Shred. "

Whats 30 day shred, Sounds painful:eek:

Also when people say they are doing 5/2 week, whats that mean also?

Apologies for the way I quoted, have no idea how to do it right!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

So i went for the bit transformation and.......im not happy. She went even shroter than i wanted and i think i have a bit of a mushroom/mum cut. The top layers are really really short and there is so much layering I cant really do much with it - even the straiteners wont work on it. I can clip the top down to make the mushroom go away. Everyone says it suits me and brings out my features a lot more but it is a high maintanance style so I have to be up 15 mins earlier to blast the blow dryer on it cos it sticks up 10 different ways in my sleep. I had a bit of a break down last night (god love my poor boyfriend) cos i really wanted a nice, feminine cut that would highlight my weight loss and i didnt get what i wanted. Ive put so much work in and i was feeling really confident in how i look that this has just knocked me back. I am going to go buy a load of hair product and clips and play with it tonight and see how it goes.

A bit of a NSV my pilates/kettlebells instructor told me this morning that she has definitely noticed a change in my shape/body tone since we started. That i look a lot leaner and she can see how much my strength has built up. That has def made me feel better about the non movement on the scales as it was something I had noticed myself but thought I might be imagining it. I can feel it too - between the pilates and my palmers firming cream my stomach is definitely getting tighter and it has spurred me on to do more about it. Signed up the do the great ireland run in april - 10k and goingto try and run the whole thing.

maryfred wrote: »
    "Stuck to points, came straight home from work and did 30 Day Shred. "

Whats 30 day shred, Sounds painful:eek:

Also when people say they are doing 5/2 week, whats that mean also?

Apologies for the way I quoted, have no idea how to do it right!!:confused:

Its a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels, the trainer from The Biggest Loser US. Its really good for toning and losing inches. Its tough going though. Its only 20/30 mins long but when I first did it, it took me an hour to do.
    So i went for the bit transformation and.......im not happy. She went even shroter than i wanted and i think i have a bit of a mushroom/mum cut. The top layers are really really short and there is so much layering I cant really do much with it - even the straiteners wont work on it. I can clip the top down to make the mushroom go away. Everyone says it suits me and brings out my features a lot more but it is a high maintanance style so I have to be up 15 mins earlier to blast the blow dryer on it cos it sticks up 10 different ways in my sleep. I had a bit of a break down last night (god love my poor boyfriend) cos i really wanted a nice, feminine cut that would highlight my weight loss and i didnt get what i wanted. Ive put so much work in and i was feeling really confident in how i look that this has just knocked me back. I am going to go buy a load of hair product and clips and play with it tonight and see how it goes.

A bit of a NSV my pilates/kettlebells instructor told me this morning that she has definitely noticed a change in my shape/body tone since we started. That i look a lot leaner and she can see how much my strength has built up. That has def made me feel better about the non movement on the scales as it was something I had noticed myself but thought I might be imagining it. I can feel it too - between the pilates and my palmers firming cream my stomach is definitely getting tighter and it has spurred me on to do more about it. Signed up the do the great ireland run in april - 10k and goingto try and run the whole thing.

Aw I hate when that happens. Its hair and it will grow back. You should be so proud of your weight loss and your new body. No-one is even going to notice your hair because they'll all be focusing on the body :D Well done on signing up for the run. I want to set a challenge for myself this year but I'm in between a few ideas atm.

So far I've had a really good week. Even with it being TOTM, I can feel my good efforts on my body especially my stomach. I did 30 Day Shred again yesterday. Tonight will be the big test as I do my food shopping on Friday so i can cook my meals for the week over the weekend. Only problem is, I go straight after work and the cravings for junk kick in. I have allowed for some treats within my daily points so my plan is to kick back and enjoy a movie. Hopefully I can just keep myself on track with the trolley :)

• Advertisement

Also I found this in another thread and I thought I'd post it here as its very helpful. I went through it and took highlighted points that I do already, that I am in the process of doing and that I have to do. By doing this, it helps to show exactly how far you are in the process of changing your life. It helps you focus on a healthy lifestyle rather than just being on a diet and losing weight.
    Orla K wrote: »
    Hanley posted a link to this on the revfit page, I thought it would be good here

http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2013/01/50-amazing-fat-loss-and-fitness-tips-from-a-pro-trainer.php

50 Fat Loss And Fitness Tips, By Mike Howard
    1. Slow down… enjoy, savor and nurture the process of preparing and eating food.
    2. Do some form of squat or deadlift variation at least 3x/week.
    3. Move often… move with intent.
    4. Nail the basics… Don’t get wrapped up in the minutiae. Success is about mastering fundamentals.
    5. Self-talk is powerful. Use “I choose/choose not to” rather than “I have to/can’t”. This is the genesis of personal accountability and sustainable health.
    6. All diets work (or fail): What “works” is consistent adherence. Find an eating pattern that is nutrient-dense and that gets you into an energy deficit.
    7. You don’t need to “cleanse” or “detox”… EVER. Your organs do a wonderful job of that.
    8. Eating 6x per day can work well… so can eating only 3x per day. Customize your meal frequency to suit your lifestyle.
    9. “Bodybuilding” can be (and often is) “functional”. What most people perceive as “functional” training is in comparison pretty useless.
    10. Have only 10 minutes for a workout? Spend 2-3 minutes on mobility/warm-up then jump into a metabolic circuit. Pick 2-6 exercises multi-joint exercises and repeat – little-to-no rest.
    11. Yoga and Pilates can be effective but if your goal is fat loss or performance-based – they should be “extra’s” when you’ve done your strength/metabolic/cardio work.
    12. Fat loss simplified: Get in a deficit and get adequate protein – the rest is details.
    13. Foam rollers, muscle rollers and other myofascial release tools are your friends. Make them part of every workout.
    14. Your thoughts and your environment shape your behavior. Nurture them and use them to your advantage.
    15. There is a fine line between open-mindedness and gullibility. Be skeptically open-minded but not so much that your brain falls out.
    16. Have an exercise and nutrition mission statement. Having a clear idea of why you are doing what you do will solidify your habits as your core values – rather than just abstract thoughts.
    17. You will never regret working out once it’s done. You will, however regret skipping it.
    18. Set aside 7-10 minutes every morning to prepare food for the day.
    19. Hit a grocery store at lunch or on the way home rather than a drive-through.
    20. Need a 5 minute grocery store fix? Mixed nuts, beef jerky, flavored tuna (grab a plastic fork too).
    21. Moderation: It’s less than you think it is.
    22. Enter into and re-commit to your health journey knowing that it won’t be easy
    23. Definition of insanity? Doing the same things this year as you did last year and expecting a different result.
    24. Work out because you love your body – not because you hate it.
    25. No single food (or category of foods) makes you fat and no single food (or category of foods) will make you thin.
    26. Educate yourself: Read, absorb and apply the information to your situation.
    27. Do something daily for your posture and mobility. This may be as simple as getting away from your desk more frequently.
    28. 2 bad days can ruin 5 good ones: Use your weekends to capitalize on healthy living instead of an excuse to “let lose”.
    29. Learn the difference between “hunger“ and “appetite”. Hunger is a physiological response placated by eating enough while appetite compels us to eat beyond that point.
    30. Comparison is the thief of joy. You are unique and you and you alone should be your only barometer.
    31. Vitamin D, fish oil a multivitamin/mineral and protein powder are “bordering-on-necessary” front line supplements.
    32. Write down what you eat. Be specific and honest. Food logging creates instant self-awareness and accountability.
    33. Only 10 minutes to train? Pick 6 exercises and superset them with minimal rest in between sets.
    34. Treat workouts like work commitments in that they are set in stone. Take this a step further, however and treat your training sessions like “rewards” for a day of work.
    35. Every exercise trend oversells itself. There is a place for zumba, pilates, dance-fitness, P90x, crossfit, etc but no one system is right or better overall for anyone.
    36. Attack your weaknesses and challenge yourself until form breaks – not until you’ve completed an arbitrary amount of reps.
    37. Pubmed: It knows more than your guru.
    38. Be aware of your posture and how you carry yourself in seated, standing, walking, running or training. Awareness is AT LEAST half the battle.
    39. Your true test is not keeping on track when you are motivated and life is smooth but rather keeping at it when life throws you curve balls and you don’t feel motivated.
    40. To help organize your eating – try designating foods on different nights to simplify things; ie. Meatless Monday, chicken on Tuesday, fish on Wednesday, etc…
    41. Join a challenge. While getting and keeping fit is a lifestyle with no time-constraints, transformation challenges can provide the right platform to propel you towards your goals.
    42. A new body won’t change who you are as a person. It is not a missing link to happiness or fulfillment. It IS, however, capable of many amazing physical and psychological benefits that can make you feel better about whom you already are and what you are capable of.
    43. Long-term success often comes down to preventing lapses from turning into full-blown re-lapses. You will slip and stumble. Get back up – as many times as it takes.
    44. Strength training is your front-line intervention for health benefits. Make it your foundational form of exercise.
    45. Learn 3-4 good healthy and quick recipes. These can be your go-to meals when in a pinch.
    46. Populations have not only subsisted but THRIVED on diets both low in carbs and high in carbs. It is silly to think that there is one eating pattern that is universally superior.
    47. If you are capable of moving faster – DO IT! You will gain more benefit in a shorter period of time.
    48. There is no universally-decided-upon definition of “clean eating.”Strive to eat well most of the time and allow for occasional indulgences and “dirty” foods. Try not to categorize foods as “good” and “bad.”
    49. Learn the finer points of some of the more complex lifts (squats, deadlifts, pulls, pushes) – even if you hire a trainer for a few sessions.
    50. Have fun… no matter what your path, learn to be process-oriented rather than product oriented. Enjoy the journey and don’t put much stock in the “when.”

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Where do you get these Spiegel (sp?) things? They were mentioned in my class a few weeks ago. Can you get them in Tesco?

I'm loving the positive attitude on here this week. Such a change from last week. After my fluke at avoiding take-away the other night, yesterday also was a perfect day. Stuck to points, came straight home from work and did 30 Day Shred. It really is down to your frame of mind. I just have to go straight and exercise rather than sit down because then I won't get back up. Regarding food, it really is just a matter of avoiding the shop!

I got the Spiegel ones in Dunness and the Brennans ones in Tescos!

Ah that is such a pity ref your hair. A little tip may help - my hairdresser recommended I take Pregnacare (ah no!) or Perfectil cos of hair quality. I've been on the Perfectil now on and off for a year and the difference is huge. My hair grows really fast and looks healthy. Just might help yours grow quicker to a point where you can get the style you want?

As for the shape changing... well done you. Its amazing isn't how the scales really isn't always helpful. Best of luck with the 10k. You won't believe how amazing it is when you achieve that!

Well last night I had my first weigh in after my trip to the edge. I was down 4.5lbs. Absolutely delighted. I'm loving feeling back in the zone. And even though I have to re-loose slightly over a stone again I'm back feeling nice about myself because I'm back in control. Phew!

Ah that is such a pity ref your hair. A little tip may help - my hairdresser recommended I take Pregnacare (ah no!) or Perfectil cos of hair quality. I've been on the Perfectil now on and off for a year and the difference is huge. My hair grows really fast and looks healthy. Just might help yours grow quicker to a point where you can get the style you want?

As for the shape changing... well done you. Its amazing isn't how the scales really isn't always helpful. Best of luck with the 10k. You won't believe how amazing it is when you achieve that!

Oooh i might have a look for the perfectil - going to boots after work so will check that out. Would give my OH a heart attack if i came home with pregnacare haha.

I used to do the mini marathon every year and my best time was 1hr 6 mins when i was at my fittest. Last year I did it and it was 1 hour 30 mins. Will be signing up for the mini marathon again so would be great to be able to get back to the 1hr6min mark by then - or even improve on it!

Oooh i might have a look for the perfectil - going to boots after work so will check that out. Would give my OH a heart attack if i came home with pregnacare haha.

I used to do the mini marathon every year and my best time was 1hr 6 mins when i was at my fittest. Last year I did it and it was 1 hour 30 mins. Will be signing up for the mini marathon again so would be great to be able to get back to the 1hr6min mark by then - or even improve on it!

They work out around €30 but its for 3months use so not so bad.

1hr 6mins is a phenomenal time and a great aim for you. Completely do-able too as theres time between now and June to start improving. I just wish the weather would improve and I've learned I'm definitely not a cold winter runner - don't mind the rain so much but the cold and winds are horrible!

Actually quick questions tiny_penguin. I'm cooking the HD Chicken n Ham tangle pie tomorrow for a friend and its my first time. First what kinda ham did you use? And second could you prepare before or is it best done in one go?

Actually quick questions tiny_penguin. I'm cooking the HD Chicken n Ham tangle pie tomorrow for a friend and its my first time. First what kinda ham did you use? And second could you prepare before or is it best done in one go?

I used the brady's torn ham - it was on special and already cut up so just had to be thrown in. I think its a really good quality ham too and there is good flavour in it.

I'd say you could def prepare before but just put the pastry on just before cooking - though that is the most time consuming part. I think if you let the pastry sit on top for too long it would go very soggy or it would dry out too much if it stayed sitting on top. But you could easily make the filling mixture in advance.

I used the brady's torn ham - it was on special and already cut up so just had to be thrown in. I think its a really good quality ham too and there is good flavour in it.

I'd say you could def prepare before but just put the pastry on just before cooking - though that is the most time consuming part. I think if you let the pastry sit on top for too long it would go very soggy or it would dry out too much if it stayed sitting on top. But you could easily make the filling mixture in advance.

Thats deadly to know. Thanks so much. Seriously what would I do without you on this blog!!!! :D

I got the Spiegel ones in Dunness and the Brennans ones in Tescos!

Thanks. I'm actually doing my shopping in dunnes later I'll keep an eye out for them. I presume they're in the bread section yeah? Do they look like baps?

• Advertisement

Had lunch (soup) at 12.15 today, didnt eat again until I got home at 6.45, how I managed to go that long (and resist fast food/cafe food in a shopping centre) I do not know! Was famished.

Thanks. I'm actually doing my shopping in dunnes later I'll keep an eye out for them. I presume they're in the bread section yeah? Do they look like baps?

Yeah - skinny baps!! Hehe!

What a day. Normally sat my pointing falls apart. But so far I've been brill. Even this afternoon got myself outta the house and went for a mooch in town (Wicklow). Bought a little navy sleeveless top with White crochet collar in a 14 - can get it on but it's far too tight. Now enjoying Hairy Dieters Chicken n Ham Tangle pie. It's absolutely delicious. I have my vino. Big trick will be to keep myself tracked as the evening goes on. But I'm feeling good n motivated! Hope y'all enjoying ur w/e.

I've eaten roughly 54 prpoints today but had such a fab day - still have 19 weeklies left too so I did ok. Though I am not eating any more of them for sure.

Day started with a pamper morning - my lovely OH got me a voucher for a massage, facial and manicure for xmas so cashed it in today. Then went shopping with the last of my xmas vouchers and got myself a nice pair of skinny jeans in awear. I am officially comfortable in 10-12 (depends on the shop) and s-m sized clothes and I love shopping again. Its a shame I have no money to actually do any more shopping.

Then went out and met my OH and we had a gorgous brunch in the Whitefriar Grill - even had dessert (chocolate fondue which was amazing) and 2 bellinis. Can't wait to go there for dinner cos it was by far the best brunch I have had in a long time. If you live nearby you should def try it out.

Did anyone get the new WW magazine? There is a great article on swapping food treats for other treats and how the money you can save on simple things can buy you lovely things. Life if you have a shop bought coffee for 2.50 a day each day - thats 50 euro a month that you could use to buy a new dress (my own example as dont have the magazine to hand but you get the idea). It really makes you think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Did anyone get the new WW magazine? There is a great article on swapping food treats for other treats and how the money you can save on simple things can buy you lovely things. Life if you have a shop bought coffee for 2.50 a day each day - thats 50 euro a month that you could use to buy a new dress (my own example as dont have the magazine to hand but you get the idea). It really makes you think!

Glad you had a lovely day! Sounds fab!

Definitely agree with doing the above! What makes it really good is it takes away the whole "food as a treat" mentality which isn't good for life long maintenance.

Like I used to get a chinese after weigh ins if I had lost. It was grand, but now I wait and buy myself a new outfit or bag instead! :)

What a day. Normally sat my pointing falls apart. But so far I've been brill. Even this afternoon got myself outta the house and went for a mooch in town (Wicklow). Bought a little navy sleeveless top with White crochet collar in a 14 - can get it on but it's far too tight. Now enjoying Hairy Dieters Chicken n Ham Tangle pie. It's absolutely delicious. I have my vino. Big trick will be to keep myself tracked as the evening goes on. But I'm feeling good n motivated! Hope y'all enjoying ur w/e.

Have the Chicken and Ham Pie in the oven as I type, smelled soooo good as I was making it, here's hoping it'll taste as good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Didn't go over my points today but lastnight I got very drunk on wine.. about a bottle and a half.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Didn't go over my points today but lastnight I got very drunk on wine.. about a bottle and a half.. :o

Well done for not doing the hangover eating that's my worst part of drinking

Taz1 wrote: »

Have the Chicken and Ham Pie in the oven as I type, smelled soooo good as I was making it, here's hoping it'll taste as good!

I love it. Definitely my favourite out of the book so far.

I'm so proud of my week so far. I have been 95% perfect. I had a sneaky pancake from Superquinn that my mum bought. I have finally gotten back on track with exercise. I even had a bit of a NSV today. I went to Argos to buy heavier weights for my workouts because I wasn't sweating as much with the ones I had. So hoping for a loss on Tuesday but being honest with myself I wouldn't be surprised if my the last few weeks of being really bad catch up on me.

• Advertisement

I love it. Definitely my favourite out of the book so far.

Wowsers, it was delicious! And SO filling. Definately one I'll be making again. It takes no time at all to prepare, and the ingredients are simple. I made it to serve 4, myself and my dad had one serving each so I'll freeze the rest now to get two dinners for the week out of it, Result :)

Advertisement