Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

All this talk of chicken and ham tangle pie has my mouth watering! We're having chicken for dinner tomorrow, so might use the leftovers to make a pie for Monday and Tuesday. Mmmmmm

My week back on track is going quite well. I've tracked everything. Have used a few weeklies on a few too many sweet treats, but ill be happy enough if I manage to get to WI without going over my weeklies. My plan to use activity points before weeklies has gone amiss- I'm still not back on track with my exercise, but ill get there eventually. Ill get used to tracking again for a few weeks, and then ill start pounding the pavements!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

I have eaten a lot more this weekend than I normally would but I still tracked my points. Have used all my weeklies and more. I still feel I am more aware of what I am eating and certainly if I wasn't watching what I eat I know I would have consumed even more. I am down now 27 lbs since October and have given myself a goal of losing another 5 lbs by St. Patrick's day. Losing a pound a week is goal for me. Any more is a bonus. Problem now is clothes. I need some that fit me. Have decided to take my measurements properly as I know when the weight loss on the scales slows down I will need the incentive of my body shape changing.
    Also a few words about my best friend who over the past two years has lost over 7 stone. She has always been an inspiration and continues to be so now.
    Also thank you to all the posters here. Reading about the ups and downs helps us all enormously so continued best wishes to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

I agree with everyone re chicken pie. I thoroughly enjoyed last night. Had a side of broccoli with it. Seems we all are doing well this w/e! Go us. Started my Sunday with WW bread, choccy filly & sliced pear. Mmmmmm! Just keep the focus now today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

gragirl wrote: »
    I agree with everyone re chicken pie. I thoroughly enjoyed last night. Had a side of broccoli with it. Seems we all are doing well this w/e! Go us. Started my Sunday with WW bread, choccy filly & sliced pear. Mmmmmm! Just keep the focus now today.

I find with weekends, it's all about planning. If you know you're going to be out drinking and you normally have a tendency for hangover food, then plan for it. Have a healthy fry. Leave you're weeklies for that hangover day, include a bar of chocolate or crisps in you points for that day etc It really does help staying good.

I'm off to the pub with friends to watch the rugby match. I got up and did my 30 Day Shred this morning. I'm going to have my food before I go and I have my dinner ready for when I get home. Last week I caved and got food there.

Lent starts on Wednesday and I'm giving up Lucozade. I have drastically cut down my intake over the last week so now I want to cut it out completely and Lent is a good way to try that. Even if you're not religious, it's a great way to challenge yourself to give stuff up or even start something new like running or an activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Went for my first run training for my 10k this morning. 3.76k in 24 mins. Which I'm quite proud of considering its the first time I've run since last June and I'm faster than I was then. So proud!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dreading WI this week for some reason even though I haven't gone over my points.. have a feeling I could be up and I have no idea why.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Dreading WI this week for some reason even though I haven't gone over my points.. have a feeling I could be up and I have no idea why.. :o

Happens me the whole time. Happened this week!

I think sometimes it's our body balancing out. Me, for example, my weight loss usually always evens out to about 0.5 -1lb a week.

So for example
    week one I may lose 2lbs
    week two 1.5
    week three 0.5
    week4 nothing or a small gain.

That averages out to one pound a week.

Always remember that a good week's efforts will eventually show in some form. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

exactly ... weight loss is not linear ... you body is not a calculator .... a great week eating and exercise does not mean a loss the same week ... just keep trekking on in life and it will catch up :) I wish I had listened to that more when I was losing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Just made and have polished off the hairy dieters chilli. Made with jacket potato. 'twas delicious. May try another recipe next weekend.

exactly ... weight loss is not linear ... you body is not a calculator .... a great week eating and exercise does not mean a loss the same week ... just keep trekking on in life and it will catch up :) I wish I had listened to that more when I was losing weight.

I am finally starting to see that! I have had a near perfect week about 95% good with food and I have been doing exercise yet I've no idea if the scales will show it or not. But today I walked into the pub head held high and felt really good and confident that I can lose the weight overtime. I haven't felt like that in a long while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Just made and have polished off the hairy dieters chilli. Made with jacket potato. 'twas delicious. May try another recipe next weekend.

Ooooh been wanting to give that a try, a lot of time in it though which is why I haven't! Had an hour of intense football training this morning in the rain and muck but felt great after. Went to the pub for the match, treated myself to a small bottle of bulmers light (for the first time in months and months!) - I really savoured it, and not as many calories as I thought would be in it, score! Also, resisted the plates of food being passed around and put on our table! Here's hoping for a positive result tomorrow for the first time in 3 weeks, I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Oh really envy all you, ye are all doing really well at the moment and I'm really struggling to get back on track. Was up 3.5lbs on Thursday after a very bad 2 wks so was really good Thursday and Friday and the the weekend strikes disaster. Need to get up off my a** and go for a run because I know that will make me feel better hopefully this will b a good week for me fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Oh really envy all you, ye are all doing really well at the moment and I'm really struggling to get back on track. Was up 3.5lbs on Thursday after a very bad 2 wks so was really good Thursday and Friday and the the weekend strikes disaster. Need to get up off my a** and go for a run because I know that will make me feel better hopefully this will b a good week for me fingers crossed

Right there with u. Was having a good week and then made really bad choices yesterday and they have spiralled into today. Hoping to get back on track tomorrow and hopefully limit the damage. Will force myself to do an exercise DVD tomorrow because I can't go to the gym or for a walk because my ankles are still really sore.

Don't beat yourself up tryagain, I was in your position this time last week. I had a very bad 2 weeks with gains at each weigh in. I was in a frame of mind where I really felt like I didnt wanna get back to being good again. But, alas, the 4 pound gain at the latter weigh in and that horrible 'fat' feeling soon gave me my wake up call. Like you, I'd motivate myself to exercise, feel great, and after one good day I'd slip back into a bad day... The weekend is a hard time to try get back on track. Why not start afresh tomorrow, if I can do it, so can you, good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

That's right try again, and Monife- tomorrow is a new day. New page on the tracker, and away we go!! I notice that even though there's a good few of us struggling to keep our head above water lately, were all weighing in, and coming on here for support- that's so important I think- if we were REALLY off the wagon, neither of those things would be happening!
    I must say, I'm loving tracking on my phone. Finding it great.
    Had a lovely Sunday roast today- didn't really count pp, but I should have enough weeklies. Other than today, I've had a great week, so I'm proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Can anyone remember how to calculate the points from looking at the calories/nutritional info...I know someone posted about it a few weeks ago, I have gone back over pages but can't find it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

You just divide the calories by 40!

Down 4.5 this week, lets hope I don't abuse that loss this coming week. Although, I've more coming up this week than I had last week so it'll be harder. Good luck to all with weigh ins!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

I don't know if its cos lent is coming up, I don't know if its cos I feel fat, I don't know if its cos I'm watching biggest loser... But that's it, I'm going back to meetings and back to the plan tomorrow night. I haven't been properly since last summer, been two a few sporadic ones since, but my last one was in September.

But I'm scared, I know it sounds silly, but I get soooo hungry all the time, that's why I reach for the chocolate bar or the sweets...

I've started a new job since my last meeting, and office job, and lunches are the hardest... Anyone got any ideas?

I am really nervous for my WI tomorrow. I was half tempted to go tonight and get it over with. I've had a really good week but I think the last few weeks of being bad will catch up with me. Missing last week didn't help. Does anyone else get this nervous :o

• Advertisement

Just made the HD chilli and it is amazing!! Gonna have to post the recipe later! Will never need a new cookbook again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Hey everyone :) does anyone know the pps for lidls pancake mix? There's no values on the bottle and as I am only making pancakes for me I don't want to go and get a bag of flower and start messing around making the mix... thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

deni86 wrote: »
    Hey everyone :) does anyone know the pps for lidls pancake mix? There's no values on the bottle and as I am only making pancakes for me I don't want to go and get a bag of flower and start messing around making the mix... thanks in advance

Is it made by belbake? It's coming up as 186kals for 100g on mfp (I'd say that's for the mix alone not any milk or anything you may add) so I'd point 100g as 5pp

I was double tracking for a while last year and in most occasions 1pp was around 40 kals however that's just a gestimation so if someone has more accurate pp use theres

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Taz - Yays! That is fantastic news - I haven't checked the thread in a few days but congrats on your loss and for getting back on the wagon.

Eabhabear - I'm exactly the same - I'm so SO tempted to skip but I'm not going to - going to show up and take the news whatever it is! Ugh, I have been kind of half good all week (stayed away from junk etc) but I've been really poor with the tracking, so I've no idea how tomorrow is going to look on the scale. Sometimes I wonder why I seem to have a mental block with writing down what I eat - I mean its hardly the most complex activity I could engage in?! Fingers crossed it's all been ok - I've largely stuck to healthy food, weighed my carbs etc, but I could be going miles over and I've missed it.

Anyone know how much one regular crepe would be? I've decided to get one from the farmer's market in work today (and I just realised how fancy that sounds and how lucky I am to get to go to a market on my lunchtime every Tuesday!). I feel that by having just one in there it will save me having a million at home. I'm going to have it for my lunch and have some fruit salad on the side. I was thinking that maybe it's about the same as a wrap? So 5/6 pp? And bring it up to 8pp for the sugar I intend to scatter on it!! Do you think I'd be safe with that or should I go more? Or (and hardly) less?

Bad buzz putting pancakes and valentines the same week - I'm seeing someone new right now who isn't aware that I am weight watching and if he brings me chocolates I will cry. (hint hint hint flowers flowers - they don't make you fat!!).

Taz - Yays! That is fantastic news - I haven't checked the thread in a few days but congrats on your loss and for getting back on the wagon.

Eabhabear - I'm exactly the same - I'm so SO tempted to skip but I'm not going to - going to show up and take the news whatever it is! Ugh, I have been kind of half good all week (stayed away from junk etc) but I've been really poor with the tracking, so I've no idea how tomorrow is going to look on the scale. Sometimes I wonder why I seem to have a mental block with writing down what I eat - I mean its hardly the most complex activity I could engage in?! Fingers crossed it's all been ok - I've largely stuck to healthy food, weighed my carbs etc, but I could be going miles over and I've missed it.

Anyone know how much one regular crepe would be? I've decided to get one from the farmer's market in work today (and I just realised how fancy that sounds and how lucky I am to get to go to a market on my lunchtime every Tuesday!). I feel that by having just one in there it will save me having a million at home. I'm going to have it for my lunch and have some fruit salad on the side. I was thinking that maybe it's about the same as a wrap? So 5/6 pp? And bring it up to 8pp for the sugar I intend to scatter on it!! Do you think I'd be safe with that or should I go more? Or (and hardly) less?

Bad buzz putting pancakes and valentines the same week - I'm seeing someone new right now who isn't aware that I am weight watching and if he brings me chocolates I will cry. (hint hint hint flowers flowers - they don't make you fat!!).

I hear you bout valentines day and pancake tuesday. Im not too big a fan of valentines day - so we planned a meal out with my OH's brother and sister in law at the weekend to half celebrate it as he was meant to be working thursday night. So was saving all my weeklies for that (5 course tasting menu so no choice in making it healthier/not). He has now told me that he is trying to get thursday off and i think he has something planned. I dont want to burst his bubble but also want to be good. Might just try eat as much 0pp stuff during the day on thurs so I have most of my weeklies in place for the night just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I cannot believe its the dreaded weigh in again.

It's as if I am actually testing myself to see how much food my body can consume - it's madness!

I was never this weight I'm on a lot of medication side effects make me crave junk and having time of the month means I have been doubly bad.......

Have to bring my 2 year old to the dietician today, I wonder if that will be a wake up call...

Or will the + on the scales get me on the right frame of mind (although it rarely does.)

Oh to go to my weigh in or not!?!?!!?!

I sound so negative!
    But am inspired by all yer losses.....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

bb86 wrote: »
    You just divide the calories by 40!

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Just made the HD chilli and it is amazing!! Gonna have to post the recipe later! Will never need a new cookbook again :-)

Did you think so?
    Wow I thought it was so bland!!

I had to fire in loads of chilli flakes after I'd had it made to make it taste like anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

I bought the home cook pancake mix which is 13pp for the box and i only need to add water. I hope theyre nice now! It wil be interesting to see how many it makes because the box seems pretty big compared to others that were there.. If i get 13 pancakes out of it thats only 1pp each!

• Advertisement

dammitj wrote: »
    Did you think so?
    Wow I thought it was so bland!!

I had to fire in loads of chilli flakes after I'd had it made to make it taste like anything!!

I did add an extra tsp of chilli powder - but I didn't find it bland at all. And my OH who has found acouple of their curry's a little bland thought it was great. First meal I have made in a while that he didn't add extra pepper too.

I was sceptical to try it, as I wouldnt usually follow a recipe for chilli - but i gave it a go and loved it.

Advertisement