Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Ok I couldn't resist and made a quarter of the mix up for 3pp and got 5 pancakes out of it! I added a bit of extra water to make it go a bit further but it needed it anyway as they werent spreading around the pan very well! They tasted yum and for 6pp i had 5 pancakes with 3 teaspoons of sugar and lemon juice! Will probably have the same again later ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Today is killing me my little one picked up 5 superquinn pancakes this morning, so far I've had 3 bites (2 of them had chocolate spread on them) I have no idea how to track them I've my own pancakes for this evening tracked but I feel like I just want to stuff myself with pancakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Never got the WW pancake recipe so I'm gonna use the Odlums one I had. 1 egg, 100g flour and 300ml milk (I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Well that was a disaster I put too much flour in my batter so the first pancake was too tick so I put water into the mixture as I didn't want to add anything else that I'd have to count anyway that made it way too runny so I had to wash everything and start again the second batch came out ok but the stress of it all,

Anyway now that pancakes are over anyone giving up anything for lent

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I have resisted the pancakes all around me so far! If I work hard at training tonight I'll reward myself with some, but only IF! Great incentive ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

layviae wrote: »
    Well that was a disaster I put too much flour in my batter so the first pancake was too tick so I put water into the mixture as I didn't want to add anything else that I'd have to count anyway that made it way too runny so I had to wash everything and start again the second batch came out ok but the stress of it all,

Anyway now that pancakes are over anyone giving up anything for lent

I've decided Im going to give up bread. I can have wraps and pitta but not normal sandwich bread, rolls or baguettes. I think it will be good for me and teach me not to go for the easiest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well I was up 1.5 lbs :( I was expecting a STS or a tiny gain. I've been yo-yoing since joining back at meetings. I was really good last week and I know if I put the same effort this week I'll have a loss next week. I just need to motivate myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I'm giving up chocolate. Only problem is, there was chocolate EVERYWHERE in work today, so I really over indulged. I couldn't resist, since today is the end of it... So there goes my good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Hi everyone just thought I'd post this recipie for pancakes.

Its 13pp for the whole recipie and it says it should make 8..

100g plain flour
    1 medium egg
    a pinch of salt
    200ml of skimmed milk.

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Wow all this pancake talk. I must resist. Weigh in thurs and friend asked me over Wed for a Chinese cos her husband is away and her kids are in grandparents. Plan is zero points soup for lunch with butternut squash chips just to feel I'm chewing something. So most of my points available for a good choice from Chinese. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

I did add an extra tsp of chilli powder - but I didn't find it bland at all. And my OH who has found acouple of their curry's a little bland thought it was great. First meal I have made in a while that he didn't add extra pepper too.

I was sceptical to try it, as I wouldnt usually follow a recipe for chilli - but i gave it a go and loved it.

I added extra chilli, extra cumin and black pepper as I went along. I don't normally cook and found this pretty easy. I didn't want to buy the book as I normally buy cookbooks and never use them! So this was a good start for me. Going to make something else from hairy dieters this weekend. I found the recipes on line which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I added extra chilli, extra cumin and black pepper as I went along. I don't normally cook and found this pretty easy. I didn't want to buy the book as I normally buy cookbooks and never use them! So this was a good start for me. Going to make something else from hairy dieters this weekend. I found the recipes on line which was great.

I had leftovers for lunch and it was even tastier today - like the spices have gotten deeper. Have 2 more servings now which we are having for dinner tomorrow so hope its better then!

I lost 1.5lbs which brings me down to 10st7lbs and GOAL!!! Couldn't be happier, I did nearly cry and so did Mary. She made me get up in front of the class - even made me strip my hoody off to show off my new figure. Despite how mortifying it was, it felt great. If I could bottle this feeling, I can't stop smiling!

First week of maintanance is going to be tough with Valentines day itself and a 5 course tasting menu on sat night but going to 100% the rest of the time and hopefully will be ok!

Well done Tiny! I'm delighted for you. You've worked so hard- I really admire your determination!

I lost 1.5lbs which brings me down to 10st7lbs and GOAL!!! Couldn't be happier, I did nearly cry and so did Mary. She made me get up in front of the class - even made me strip my hoody off to show off my new figure. Despite how mortifying it was, it felt great. If I could bottle this feeling, I can't stop smiling!

First week of maintanance is going to be tough with Valentines day itself and a 5 course tasting menu on sat night but going to 100% the rest of the time and hopefully will be ok!

Well done. Absolutely delighted for you. Well deserved achievement after all your hard work. You keep on smiling girl!

CONGRATS!! I know how tough the last few weeks have been. You're an inspiration to everyone and proof that this does work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

You're an inspiration to us all, thrilled for you!

Don't put too much pressure on yourself regarding maintenance though! Your body will probably gain a little with the extra food but GIVE IT TIME! I panicked and went back to losing points and it's just a vicious circle! Let your head and your body adjust and maintenance will be a breeeeeze!

Delighted for you! I've a big smile on my face!:D x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Was down 2.5lbs! Yes! Total of 13lbs in 5 weeks. I'm very proud!

Tiny Penguin - congratulations!!! :D

Thanks everyone! Am so delighted. I was saying earlier in class I first joined WW when I was 17 and in all the times I have joined and rejoined I have never hit goal! I never would have quite before if I knew how good this felt :-)

Thanks everyone! Am so delighted. I was saying earlier in class I first joined WW when I was 17 and in all the times I have joined and rejoined I have never hit goal! I never would have quite before if I knew how good this felt :-)

Tiny if you get a chance over the next few days, would you mind writing a bit about your journey? I would love to hear it and I'm sure others could use the motivation as well :) Also any tips etc you have for getting to goal! If it's too personal I understand as I know some people prefer not to speak about it :)

• Advertisement

Was down 2.5lbs! Yes! Total of 13lbs in 5 weeks. I'm very proud!

Tiny Penguin - congratulations!!! :D
    Well done. You are right to be proud! Great loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Well done tiny_penguin!! That is amazing! All your hard work paid off! :D

I've had a disastrous 2 wks, have missed weigh in last wk and this wk due to a family loss which was so upsetting that I didn't even think of points over the past 2 wks! Getting back to normal this wk now but stuffed my face last night so thank god today is the first day of lent. Will go to my weigh in next wk and get back on track from today on. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Well done Tiny Penguin, Great result!

I had a fantastic WI last night ( Never thought I’d ever say that!!) but I was down 5lb, I didn’t go last week because I had pigged out, but got back on track and was delighted at the scales!!! I have now got a stone off since I re-joined last September and another one to go.

I’m convinced the Hairy Dieters cookbook has been my saviour – I use it all the time and find it fantastic, last night I made the cottage pie and it was yummy! Don’t think I’ll ever have mash potato without the leeks in them again!! I haven’t tried the chilli yet but will make it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lp85

Congratulations!!!! I just started on my weight loss a month ago but I've been following your posts for a while. I'm looking to lose a similar amount to yourself so you've been a real inspiration. So, so happy for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I'm so happy..

Was down 1 and a half pounds last night!

How? I wish I knew!!

Well done Tiny Penguin! You're an inspiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Well done you are fab x i lost 1.5 this week and like you will get my gold card this time :) 2st 2lb lost since September but you are my thinspiration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I lost 2lbs this week, which was a very happy surprise for me! Just 4lbs to go to gold - I'm into the 140lbs mark (as in, I'm 10st8.5lbs or 148.5lbs) for the first time in about eight years, and I'm going to get those last four pounds off and be the lightest I've ever been as an adult. And I cannot say how happy that makes me feel!!

Tiny Penguin - YAYAYAYAYAYAY! So happy for you and your guts and staying power are really inspirational - everyone hits a plateau and seeing you stick to the programme, work through it and get to goal is just fantastic!

Purple Pawprints - 13lbs in 5 weeks is quite frankly outstanding - you must really notice the difference (I've heard that 12-14 lbs is a dress size) and congratulations on an amazing achievement.

Natmus - what a loss - congrats to you and it's great to hear that you got back on track again.

Pinkstars - well done! I had an unexpected weight loss this week as well - sometimes I think my current version of naughty is nothing like my old version of naughty, and when I go off track a little now it's much easier to get back on track again.

Wannabeslim - more losses! It seems to have been a good day for people! I'm gunning for gold right now and it's just there, I can nearly TASTE it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi everyone. Been AWOL for a while and missing my WI tonight because I am doing a few days trial to see if I will get this job I interviewed for. Don't know if I will be able to keep up with meetings (which really will be to my detriment) if I get the job. I am up at 6.30am and not home til 7.30pm and when I get home, I just want my dinner, shower and bed. Any suggestions?

Well done on all the fantastic losses today. You're motivating me to get a good loss next week :)
    Monife wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Been AWOL for a while and missing my WI tonight because I am doing a few days trial to see if I will get this job I interviewed for. Don't know if I will be able to keep up with meetings (which really will be to my detriment) if I get the job. I am up at 6.30am and not home til 7.30pm and when I get home, I just want my dinner, shower and bed. Any suggestions?

Planning! I started work full time last October and it was a huge shock. I was wrecked when I got home and had no energy. I now plan all my meals in advance and I cook most of my meals for the week at the weekend. This is easy for me as I only cook for myself so if you're cooking for others it may not be possible. I find if I have the food cooked then I'm less likely to reach for take away etc. Try your best to do exercise at the weekend. I'll admit this was something that I struggled to do as I had no energy. It was only as late as last week that I've finally started to do exercise since starting work. The key is to just do it straight away when you get home. If I sat down, I wouldn't get back up again but if I go and change I'll do it.

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »

Hey Monife,
    Since I went back to work in aug I've been struggling- as most of my posts have said. Like you, I'm up at half six, and our the door by seven. I'm home a bit earlier, but I collect baby at six, and have a few hours with him before bedtime. I don't live with my partner, and he works crazy long hours, so I'm very reliant on my mam if I want to get out to exercise in the evenings. Also, by the time my partner does get in, I want to spend a bit of time with him, so I feel I can't be heading off to do exercise DVDs either.
    This week, I've resolved to go to aerobics at least once a week. And ill make it my business to exercise a couple of other times a week too. I've started walking in my lunch hour whenever I can- would that be an option for you? If not, you need to make the most of your days off, and get some exercise in.
    As regards food, planning is key- make sure you have a decent breakfast. Bring lunch if you can- gives you so much control. And like eabhabear said, organising lunches for the week on your day off is a big help.
    Good luck with your trial!!

Advertisement