Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I was up a pound today- bit disappointed, considering my super tracking, but I did go a bit overboard on chocolate yesterday.
    Lent started today. I've decided- no chocolate, no biscuits, no sweet things. It's only a few weeks, and it might kick start my weight loss. I've put on eight pounds since August, so if I could lose them again by Easter, I'd be delighted. I was so close to the 13's then, and I threw it away. Here's to grabbing it back!!

I've something new to aim for now- I got engaged a couple of weeks ago!!!!and is almost time to start wedding planning!!! Exciting times!!

Everyone else has has super losses this week- well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

ck83 wrote: »
    I was up a pound today- bit disappointed, considering my super tracking, but I did go a bit overboard on chocolate yesterday.
    Lent started today. I've decided- no chocolate, no biscuits, no sweet things. It's only a few weeks, and it might kick start my weight loss. I've put on eight pounds since August, so if I could lose them again by Easter, I'd be delighted. I was so close to the 13's then, and I threw it away. Here's to grabbing it back!!

I've something new to aim for now- I got engaged a couple of weeks ago!!!!and is almost time to start wedding planning!!! Exciting times!!

Aw congratulations on the engagement that's lovely news!

don't panic about the pound, 8 pounds is not a huge amount to gain in the long run and you're on the ball about it so it's not going to escalate!

You grab it back and you're going to be an amazing bride!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Congratulations on your engagement ck83! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

WI today and had a STS:( Could have been worse and I didn't really feel like I would have lost, am happy enough so. Have a Valentines dinner at home on Saturday, but apart from that, am really going to knuckle down, have 4.5lbs to get to my first stone and really want to hit that before the end of Feb.

Got a present of the Hairy Dieters book today, the recipes look fab, can't wait to cook some stuff. I know someone has pointed all the recipes, but can't remember who. If anyone knows, can they point me in the right direction?

Tiny penguin, many congratulations:D my goal weight is also 10st 7lbs, I have a fair bit to go, but seeing someone achieve it is so motivating!!

ck83, congrats to you also on your engagement.

Happy Valentines Day to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Congratulations!! If ever there was a motivator to lose the weight that is it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Was feeling so crap last night that I was SO tempted to call into Tesco and buy a GIANT bar of Lindt chocolate, managed to somehow restrict myself to a chocolate cereal bar instead... Emotional eating can be lethal.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Good morning!
    Its the start of another week for me. Was down 4lbs at WI last night and im delighted! Did a spinning class this morning then came home for a lovely brunch of a toasted slimbo with 2 bacon medallions, 1 egg and some mushrooms fried in frylite. Was yum!
    Happy valentines y'all ❤

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

We are similar with our weights... was under the 13's last Sept but threw it all away... But I'm getting back slow n steady. And you will today. Massive congrats on your engagement!!!
    Monife wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Been AWOL for a while and missing my WI tonight because I am doing a few days trial to see if I will get this job I interviewed for. Don't know if I will be able to keep up with meetings (which really will be to my detriment) if I get the job. I am up at 6.30am and not home til 7.30pm and when I get home, I just want my dinner, shower and bed. Any suggestions?

As well as the other suggestions I was wondering if you found a lunchtime meeting near your work would that be an option? I also have found I'm logging in here way more frequent and thats become like a daily meeting for me. It keeps my focus on what I'm doing. I have a smartphone so I even pop in on that which helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Sts this week, im a bit disappointed but its better than a gain I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Sts at wi today I'm happy with that 7 wks to Easter and 7 weeks to goal thats my plan feeling a bit more motivated today time to get this gold card sorted. This weeks challenge stop night time snacking

• Advertisement

I set my 7 week goal at 10lbs. I hope it's achieveable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mothersruin

I lost 1.5lbs which brings me down to 10st7lbs and GOAL!!! Couldn't be happier, I did nearly cry and so did Mary. She made me get up in front of the class - even made me strip my hoody off to show off my new figure. Despite how mortifying it was, it felt great. If I could bottle this feeling, I can't stop smiling!

First week of maintanance is going to be tough with Valentines day itself and a 5 course tasting menu on sat night but going to 100% the rest of the time and hopefully will be ok!

Huge congratulations! I started WW in early Jan and when doing some PP-related search I found your blog (and this thread too). I need to lose about the same as you when you started out (my goal is 10 stone but I'm only 5 2 so that's not even that ambitious) - it's a big ask but I'm 12 lbs down so far and it's been really helpful to read some of your posts. Well done and good luck with maintenance! I'm not one for regular posting but this thread is great for motivation and tips so thanks to all you gals here.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Morning all,
    Happy Friday!
    Down 1 pound last night...I'm now back to my pre Christmas weight and the lowest I've been in my adult years.
    I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel...I feel quite good now BUT I'm not getting cocky.

If I feel this good now, I'll feel AMAZING when I reach goal!!!

Many congrautlations to ck83 & tiny - an engagement and a goal on here in one week! Brilliant news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Brother Psychosis

is your goal weight a bmi of 20 or 25? my leader never said and i cant see it in t books?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lp85

Down 2.5lbs last night for a total of 13.5lbs in five weeks. Delighted :) Wish I started this sooner!

Just going to focus on losing the half pound for next week so I'll have my first of several stones off.

Question - who sets my goal weight, me or my leader? Also when is it set? I started off at 15st 1.5lbs so ideally I want to be in the 10st bracket but am quite tall (5ft 9) and broad so not sure what a reasonable target is. I suppose I should just keep going a pound at a time and not get ahead of myself!

is your goal weight a bmi of 20 or 25? my leader never said and i cant see it in t books?!
    lp85 wrote: »
    Question - who sets my goal weight, me or my leader? Also when is it set? I started off at 15st 1.5lbs so ideally I want to be in the 10st bracket but am quite tall (5ft 9) and broad so not sure what a reasonable target is. I suppose I should just keep going a pound at a time and not get ahead of myself!

Regarding goal, your leader will initially set it. Then as you get closer, you can discuss it and mutually decide. Generally they let you pick as long as its within the healthy BMI range. Anything above or below its not classified as a suitable goal weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I baked amazing bread earlier in the week. Big mistake I am absolutely tearing lumps off it every time I walk through the kitchen. Ill be laying off the baking til I hit goal, it really is too hard!!

I used to bake a bit too. I haven't in a while but I think it might be wise for me to lay off it considering I used to eat like half the mixture while I was making cupcakes... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Weigh in thurs down 1.5. That's 6lbs in 2 weeks. Absolutely delira! Have a great w/e everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Grrr.. I need to have a little rant. Everytime my friends meet up it has to involve food or drink! One girl suggested meeting up today and a few of the others said they would too and they decided to go for lunch! I don't want to miss out on the little get together as we don't get together that often but i don't want to eat out either because i have only 30 weeklies left and i am saving them for tomorrow! Hmmmm.. I wonder if i suggested we all went hill walking or something would they agree??!.. Sorry. Rant over!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

Well, I've given up on weight watchers, to be honest, the programme didnt suit me at all and I quickly realised it wasnt the food that was my issue but excercise and its given me a real kick up the rear end. I have lost 1 stone over the last 4 weeks and am continuing with what seems to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

biomed32 wrote: »
    Well, I've given up on weight watchers, to be honest, the programme didnt suit me at all and I quickly realised it wasnt the food that was my issue but excercise and its given me a real kick up the rear end. I have lost 1 stone over the last 4 weeks and am continuing with what seems to be working.

Did You follow WW for the 4 weeks? A stone in 4 weeks is unreal. Wouldn't mind that myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Is anyone here good at guestimating propoints? I'm still new to we and while I'm getting on fine with the general stuff, eating out is hard. I was in cafe boulevard for lunch last week and have no idea for how to point it. I had chicken club wrap and wedges. How would you point it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Is anyone here good at guestimating propoints? I'm still new to we and while I'm getting on fine with the general stuff, eating out is hard. I was in cafe boulevard for lunch last week and have no idea for how to point it. I had chicken club wrap and wedges. How would you point it?

If you could find out the calories just divide it by 40 to get the points value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

Dee01 wrote: »

Did You follow WW for the 4 weeks? A stone in 4 weeks is unreal. Wouldn't mind that myself!!

I followed it for 3 weeks and dropped it then and did my own thing which resulted in the weight loss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

tattoo86 wrote: »
    If you could find out the calories just divide it by 40 to get the points value.

Really? I hadn't heard about that at all.

Dee01 wrote: »

A stone in for weeks is not a realistic or healthy target. You should aim for a lb a week and anything extra is a bonus. The faster you lose the weight, you are more likely to put it back on. Eating healthy, sticking to the plan, not abusing your points and exercise will get you to your target. There are no quick fixes when it comes to a healthy sustainable weight loss :)

My week has gone out the window. I had a downward spiral after my gain last week. Mentally I was like if I can gain after such a good week then what's the point. I know that's stupid as our weight loss is not linear.

Yesterday I realised something which I have known for a while but never faced up to it.....I cannot eat sugar. I am addicted to sugar and I can't just have one biscuit, I'll have the full packet. So I have decided to give up sugar. I already started by giving up Lucozade and now I'm giving up obvious sugar i.e. chocolate, crisps, biscuits etc. I used to have a treat in the evening but by having them in the house when I get in a bad mood, I'd scoff the lot.

Gradually, I'm going to eliminate sugar foods from my main meals. I went through all my main foods yesterday and I was shocked at the high sugar levels in stuff I thought were good for me.

Has anyone done this before? I'd love to here how people got on with it. I know the first week is supposed to be tough so I'm nervous about the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Point everythin separately, like in your purple book you can find the wrap and the chicken and everything else you had and then add it all up..

I used to spend ages googling stuff like a chicken wrap and what not trying to figure out the pps untill I copped on just to do it separate! You kind of have to guess at the portion sizes but the longer you follow the plan the more you will get to know what portion sizes are what pps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Eabhabear wrote: »
    My week has gone out the window. I had a downward spiral after my gain last week. Mentally I was like if I can gain after such a good week then what's the point. I know that's stupid as our weight loss is not linear.

Yesterday I realised something which I have known for a while but never faced up to it.....I cannot eat sugar. I am addicted to sugar and I can't just have one biscuit, I'll have the full packet. So I have decided to give up sugar. I already started by giving up Lucozade and now I'm giving up obvious sugar i.e. chocolate, crisps, biscuits etc. I used to have a treat in the evening but by having them in the house when I get in a bad mood, I'd scoff the lot.

Gradually, I'm going to eliminate sugar foods from my main meals. I went through all my main foods yesterday and I was shocked at the high sugar levels in stuff I thought were good for me.

Has anyone done this before? I'd love to here how people got on with it. I know the first week is supposed to be tough so I'm nervous about the coming week.

Im the same, i can't have anything junk related in the house. I wish i could have a biscuit or two and then put the rest away but i can't. As soon as sugar touches my lips i want more. Im very much an all or nothing person.

I have a hot chocolate most evenings and sometimes a few hard sweets which last a while. My treat night is Friday night where i allow myself some treats. I used to order a chinese but i find id wake up the next morning and i'd feel like i was hungover!

You will feel much better for reducing the amount of sugar in your diet. I've cut out bread and i haven't looked back since. The odd time when im home i get tempted by Brennans white bread, toasted but i always feel crap after it and it always leaves me feeling hungrier and wanting more.

Advertisement