Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Eabhabear wrote: »
    My week has gone out the window. I had a downward spiral after my gain last week. Mentally I was like if I can gain after such a good week then what's the point. I know that's stupid as our weight loss is not linear.

Yesterday I realised something which I have known for a while but never faced up to it.....I cannot eat sugar. I am addicted to sugar and I can't just have one biscuit, I'll have the full packet. So I have decided to give up sugar. I already started by giving up Lucozade and now I'm giving up obvious sugar i.e. chocolate, crisps, biscuits etc. I used to have a treat in the evening but by having them in the house when I get in a bad mood, I'd scoff the lot.

Gradually, I'm going to eliminate sugar foods from my main meals. I went through all my main foods yesterday and I was shocked at the high sugar levels in stuff I thought were good for me.

Has anyone done this before? I'd love to here how people got on with it. I know the first week is supposed to be tough so I'm nervous about the coming week.

I have up chocolate for a month before Christmas while I was trying to get back into healthy eating, I had a head ache for a week from withdrawal then just before Christmas a neighbour dropped over a box of chocolates I ate the whole box and feel like crap for two days, that taught me my lesson and now when I go for a bit of chocolate or high sugar foods I can generally control myself, whenever I go on a mad one it really zaps me.
    The first two weeks going through withdrawal and getting the headaches are the worst but once you get through that you'll be flying,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Rubbish week so far. STS last wed at WI, had a huge valentines dinner last night which i pointed after i ate it, came in at 53 pts!! so went out today and had a carvery lunch, sitting at laptop now eating crisps!!:( Disaster. Was going to avoid WI on wed but may as well see the results for myself. Have to get back to tracking, it was really keeping me on the straight and narrow, and the gas thing is, I was eating plenty and enjoying myself while doing it. Just had a bad spell, i'm only fooling myself and wasting my money if i don't do this right. i'm so upset with myself now, i'm in tears, feel like the good i've done has been wiped out. the programme works for me when i follow it, but i'm so disappointed in myself for falling so soon. Completely fed up now, and as an emotional eater, thats not a good place to be.

Sorry for the long winded post.:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Don't avoid you WI, it will only start yourself on a bad cycle. VD dinner- thats your weeklies and just point the rest of it and start again tomorrow. I have found before that the weeks where you were good but didn't see the results are followed by good weigh in weeks.

Don't feel bad about it. Enjoy what you had and your day out. There's no guilt in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

A stone in for weeks is not a realistic or healthy target. You should aim for a lb a week and anything extra is a bonus. The faster you lose the weight, you are more likely to put it back on. Eating healthy, sticking to the plan, not abusing your points and exercise will get you to your target. There are no quick fixes when it comes to a healthy sustainable weight loss :)

I was kinda being sarcastic w/o trying to start anything, prob did it the wrong way :P

Totally agree with you - I think WW is the bee's knees and I am a big believer in the programme. I had lost 3st on pp's. I am back up a bit (about 7lbs) at the min, but back on track and hoping to get to goal in the next 8 weeks. I gave up last time at 4lbs to goal (about October) and I have no idea why. I think I just get a bit weirded out when I think I'm gona get goal for some bizzare reason.

I have to say this time round, I am LOVING fish, quorn and tofu. They are great (and I mean GREAT) for s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g your points. They are very filling and you get a massive plate of food for such small points.

Eabha, keep up the good work. One bad week is not going to be the detriment of all of your work. You will get back on track and keep everyone else on here focused!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Dee01 wrote: »
    I was kinda being sarcastic w/o trying to start anything, prob did it the wrong way :P

Totally agree with you - I think WW is the bee's knees and I am a big believer in the programme. I had lost 3st on pp's. I am back up a bit (about 7lbs) at the min, but back on track and hoping to get to goal in the next 8 weeks. I gave up last time at 4lbs to goal (about October) and I have no idea why. I think I just get a bit weirded out when I think I'm gona get goal for some bizzare reason.

I have to say this time round, I am LOVING fish, quorn and tofu. They are great (and I mean GREAT) for s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g your points. They are very filling and you get a massive plate of food for such small points.

Eabha, keep up the good work. One bad week is not going to be the detriment of all of your work. You will get back on track and keep everyone else on here focused!!

Oops didn't cop that :o I normally pick up on things like that :D I believe that whatever works for a person as long as its healthy then so be it. We would all love to lose a stone in four weeks but it would take extreme exercise and diet overhaul to achieve which is not sustainable.

Thanks to everyone on your help and advice with sugar withdrawal. I'll be honest I had intend to start today but Sunday is not a good day to start especially if you're at home all day. I've started reading a book about overcoming your sugar addiction. It mentions grieving period so I have to admit I did have a bit of a wake tonight :rolleyes: I know I'll get through Monday to Thursday okay but Friday evening and the weekend will be the big test. My plan for the first week is to avoid all chocolate, crisps and sweets. The big sugar items I'll still be having are options hot chocolate, coco pop bar and yoghurts. I know these are high in sugar but I have them already in the house and I'm not throwing them away as it's a waste of money and food. Once they're gone they're gone and then I'm down to things I have in my main meals which will probably be harder. Hopefully this time next week I'll be able to post a positive week.
    maryfred wrote: »
    Rubbish week so far. STS last wed at WI, had a huge valentines dinner last night which i pointed after i ate it, came in at 53 pts!! so went out today and had a carvery lunch, sitting at laptop now eating crisps!!:( Disaster. Was going to avoid WI on wed but may as well see the results for myself. Have to get back to tracking, it was really keeping me on the straight and narrow, and the gas thing is, I was eating plenty and enjoying myself while doing it. Just had a bad spell, i'm only fooling myself and wasting my money if i don't do this right. i'm so upset with myself now, i'm in tears, feel like the good i've done has been wiped out. the programme works for me when i follow it, but i'm so disappointed in myself for falling so soon. Completely fed up now, and as an emotional eater, thats not a good place to be.

Sorry for the long winded post.:(:(:(

I can really relate to how you feel atm. I feel the same way. I am the biggest emotional eater. I'm a currently trying to overcome it starting with not eating any junk food anymore not even if I have the points or as a treat. Forget about your bad week. Move on, take each day at a time and don't feel angry and guilty. Its not an easy journey and the longer it takes and the harder it is can be better for you in the long run. You'll look back and remember how you felt at this moment :)

Last week I learnt the hard way about what missing your WI does. I had a really bad few weeks and 2 weeks ago I decided to miss my WI. Like you I didn't want WI so I didn't. Then I had a perfect week exercised loads and stuck to plan but I was up 1.5lbs last week. I was mortified at my WI as my weight loss has been really slow since Christmas. My leaser could see I was close to tears. Needless to say my week spiralled downwards. MY advice is WI and if you really don't want to face your leader just go to another meeting if you can. That's what I will be doing this week as I really cannot face another gain in front of my leader and I know I'll be up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Absolutely shocking weekend, let the emotions get the better of me and am more than likely up the 4.5 I lost last week, and then some... Don't think I can even face WI tomorrow. I know what I have to do though. I feel so FAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Taz1 wrote: »
    Absolutely shocking weekend, let the emotions get the better of me and am more than likely up the 4.5 I lost last week, and then some... Don't think I can even face WI tomorrow. I know what I have to do though. I feel so FAT.

Hope you're ok :(

At least you know what you have to do now.

You may feel fat, but you're not. You've come so far, and it may sound cliche but don't forget that!

Don't be disheartened, slip ups are part of the process. You've done so well to get as far as you have and you're so close to goal. It's probably not as bad as you think.

Thanks for the kind words guys.. I've started afresh today, I work fine with the routine of work but its outside those times that I find I'm being tested. I honestly feel HUGE, stomach is well dodgey too from the amount of crap I ate. I don't know what to do as regards WI tonight. I know for sure that its gonna be a big gain, when this happened a few weeks back I gained 4, but I could honestly see myself facing a bigger number this time around.. I've already started afresh, and I know myself that I've gained, but I dont know if the definate confirmation on the scales will do me any good.. The thoughts of my leader just verbalising it. Weird I know....

I know its different for everybody. I did WW years ago and the main reason why I stopped going was that on the weeks that I felt like I was up I wasn't going to the WI. I think then that I lacked the motivation to keep going.

If you think you are up this week, accept that now, before WI tonight, and see the meeting tonight as part of your back on track start.
    Good luck.

• Advertisement

I know its different for everybody. I did WW years ago and the main reason why I stopped going was that on the weeks that I felt like I was up I wasn't going to the WI. I think then that I lacked the motivation to keep going.

If you think you are up this week, accept that now, before WI tonight, and see the meeting tonight as part of your back on track start.
    Good luck.

Thanks sillysmiles, are you still trying to lose weight or have you gotten there already, how did you approach it, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Thanks for the kind words guys.. I've started afresh today, I work fine with the routine of work but its outside those times that I find I'm being tested. I honestly feel HUGE, stomach is well dodgey too from the amount of crap I ate. I don't know what to do as regards WI tonight. I know for sure that its gonna be a big gain, when this happened a few weeks back I gained 4, but I could honestly see myself facing a bigger number this time around.. I've already started afresh, and I know myself that I've gained, but I dont know if the definate confirmation on the scales will do me any good.. The thoughts of my leader just verbalising it. Weird I know....

you should go to your WI, not going because I thought I would be up is the reason I failed last time, I got into a circle of thinking "I know ill be up so ill wait till nex weeks WI and hopefully will have fixed my slip up".. It got to the stage where I lost all motivation because I was skipping my meetings...

Just go and face it you could be suprised! But if your up then just stick at your meeting, get some motivation from the class and get yourself in gear to get properly back on track! So go and face the music and goodluck :)

Oh no I am definitely trying! I join WW years ago (about 4 or 5) and was doing well but a started to skip meetings and then it just became easier to not care and continue on as normal.
    I re-joined 4 weeks ago, nearly a stone heavier than last time. I've had three WI and am down 6 lbs. My second WI was TOM and I was up 0.5lb but I knew going to the meeting that even though I'd done everything right I would be up - and I was. Last week, the effort of the previous two weeks showed on the scales with a 4.5lb drop. Only another 4stone to go :-)
    I do remember from the last time I did WW though that some times good weeks didn't show on the scales at the WI but they showed the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

I have just discovered Slimbos, it's like a small square bap - They are new enough to the market I think from Pat the Baker but they are fab really are delicious and I don't feel all bloated like I would after eating bread or a roll! I will point them at lunch but they are only 100 calories and I think about 2 pp per slimbo, maybe 2 for 5 pp? Nor sure, I'll double check at lunch! I love them! Best of luck with all the weigh ins this wk! I'm hoping for a good wk & good weigh in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

bb86 wrote: »
    I have just discovered Slimbos, it's like a small square bap - They are new enough to the market I think from Pat the Baker but they are fab really are delicious and I don't feel all bloated like I would after eating bread or a roll! I will point them at lunch but they are only 100 calories and I think about 2 pp per slimbo, maybe 2 for 5 pp? Nor sure, I'll double check at lunch! I love them! Best of luck with all the weigh ins this wk! I'm hoping for a good wk & good weigh in! :)
    There is no protein listed i was told by leader 3 propoints i was pointing them at 2 they would be small have one for lunch with my 0 point soup :)

There is no protein listed i was told by leader 3 propoints i was pointing them at 2 they would be small have one for lunch with my 0 point soup :)

Dam I thought they were 2! ah well they are still so tasty for lunch and filling too!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Dam I thought they were 2! ah well they are still so tasty for lunch and filling too!! :o

There's another type (Spiegls I think?) exact same as the Slimbos in size and taste but they're 2 pps each according to my leader. They're from an Irish Bakery, Dunnes stock them for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Slimbos are excellent! I love the wholemeal ones, they are like that lovely Irish pride healthy grain bread (which I hear is mad high in pps) but only 3pp. I've been living on them, with eggs for breakfast, sandwiches, with 0pp soup, even had one with a Quorn veggie burger and potato wedges - they are really lovely.

I've had an odd weekend, I managed to be very good some times and very naughty others. I feel like my attitude to pigouts has changed though. I was out on Saturday night and had a small BK fries after the club for 6pp - before it would have been large chips with sauces and fanta and I could have easily thrown away 20pp in one sitting - after a feed of drink! So I think sticking to something small is a new thing for me and I'm really noticing how easy it's getting.

In the last two weeks, it's also happened that people are really noticing how much weight I've lost - at 4lbs to go, it's great that it's really showing now. Compliments have included 'you look like a teenager' - and as I'm turning 30 later this year, I am getting a strong dose of smug... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Slimbos are excellent! I love the wholemeal ones, they are like that lovely Irish pride healthy grain bread (which I hear is mad high in pps) but only 3pp. I've been living on them, with eggs for breakfast, sandwiches, with 0pp soup, even had one with a Quorn veggie burger and potato wedges - they are really lovely.

I've had an odd weekend, I managed to be very good some times and very naughty others. I feel like my attitude to pigouts has changed though. I was out on Saturday night and had a small BK fries after the club for 6pp - before it would have been large chips with sauces and fanta and I could have easily thrown away 20pp in one sitting - after a feed of drink! So I think sticking to something small is a new thing for me and I'm really noticing how easy it's getting.

In the last two weeks, it's also happened that people are really noticing how much weight I've lost - at 4lbs to go, it's great that it's really showing now. Compliments have included 'you look like a teenager' - and as I'm turning 30 later this year, I am getting a strong dose of smug... ;-)

Slimbos are my new food crush!!!! For anything and everything!!!
    Well done on getting so close to goal!!! Enjoy the compliments. Also well done on the little changes... thats what this has become all about for me so good to see how you are doing it too!

Taz I think we all relate to what you say. I also find come the w/e the lack of routine can play havoc with the program. But I'm learning that for me the biggest culprit is being board... and unnecessary junk in the house. I'd rather have several restarts at this journey, than walk away and know that I'll slowly drift back to where I was. And I also get the huge feeling - drink lots of water over the next few days.... won't help with tonights w/e.... but you are now preparing for next weeks weigh in. Remind yourself why you want to do this... if necessary write out a few things "Being at goal weight I"... I'll be able to swap clothes with friends... I'll have a healthy BMI.... am free in WW classes... Whatever works for you laminate it and carry around with you for a while. And perhaps the flip side just to help - how being overweight has impacted you?? Hope this helps and do stick with you.... We're worth it!

Taz if it makes you feel any better I'm having a fat day as well :( I feel bloated, my clothes don't fit and I feel really awkward around people.

To make matters worse I was supposed to be in the office this week but got told this morning I have to go on client site. Even though I had my lunch with me I still had to eat out. There were very little choices so I ended up getting a wrap. The upside to cutting out sugar is that point wise this wont do me as much damage as it would if I was having sugar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Having a super week until today.
    Gave up all the badness for lent, which has hugely helped me to stay on track. When I say all the badness- it's more like all the food stuff- I didn't give up fizzy drinks. I now find myself having a can of coke every day, which I never ever would have before. That'll have to go soon, or ill never kick it!
    Today hasn't been quite so good- I've actually used ALL my points already, because I had a scone at tea break (something else I never do), and I just ate a bag of peanuts, coz am working late and was starving. Pointed them after at a whopping 8PP!!!!!! Yikes!
    Am staying with a friend tonight. Have some weeklies left for dinner.
    Good luck everyone with WI this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

There's another type (Spiegls I think?) exact same as the Slimbos in size and taste but they're 2 pps each according to my leader. They're from an Irish Bakery, Dunnes stock them for sure.
    Have they the protein listed

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

The big sugar items I'll still be having are options hot chocolate, coco pop bar and yoghurts.

How bad is this, i have it every 2nd evening or so? The sugar and cals content in it don't seem as bad as other hot chocolate drinks.
    Its half price in Tesco at the moment too.

How bad is this, i have it every 2nd evening or so? The sugar and cals content in it don't seem as bad as other hot chocolate drinks.
    Its half price in Tesco at the moment too.

They're low in points but they're full of sugar. There's 5.8g of sugar in one serving which is very high. To be honest I wouldn't have given it a second thought only I'm getting rid of sugar from my diet completely so once they're all gone I won't be getting them again. If you don't really eat junk food then they're not the worse.

SO.. I faced weigh in, very very reluctantly, and much to my surprise, was only up 2 and a half pounds. Hand on heart, i honestly thought it was gonna be 5 or 6, 9 even came into my head at one stage. I deserved WAY more than that.. Have never walked away from the scales mildy happy to see such a plus figure! Glad i went now though, as its given me more motivation to have a good week :-) Thanks so much for all the messages of encouragement guys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Is that the Irish Pride Healthy Grain sliced pan (in the blue and clear packaging)? I have that for breakfast. It's 2PP per slice. Have only calculated for 2 slices which are 4PP for 2 so I don't know the PP if you have more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I have had the worst week ever. Instead of trying to stay the same you'd swear I was trying to gain as much as possible. I was all over the place and there seemed to be food all around me and no self control. And I feel rubbish for it, not only the guilt but mainly just my body feels awful. I am tired but not sleeping, I feel bloated and hungry all the time. Its totally not worth it. Dreading WI tomorrow but I will face it and see what the damage is, I know it will be bad.

To get back on track I'm back to making soup - It is yummy so posted the recipe here http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/02/carrot-and-butternut-squash-soup.html

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

These are 3pp each. Our leader had them at the meeting a couple of weeks ago. As far as I remember there are green and red packs, I've tried both and the green (multigrain) are much nicer.

I made the Hairy Dieters Lasagne last night, while it was tasty I feel i need the lasagne instead of the leeks!! As it's only 7pp I think next time I make it I will use lasagne and add the points to it.

Got my WI tonight but after last weeks fantastic result I'm not expecting much, would be very happy with STS, but must admit I got a big cocky and ate & drank much more than I should have over the weekend!!

I'm going away for the weekend so the control won't be the best.

Natmus wrote: »
    These are 3pp each. Our leader had them at the meeting a couple of weeks ago. As far as I remember there are green and red packs, I've tried both and the green (multigrain) are much nicer.

Ya I discovered yesterday that they were 3pp & not 2pp :( but still love them! the green pack is fantastic alright, had a toasted one this morn with a hard boiled egg it was such a nice breakfast! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WI tonight. Please let me get my first stone. :o

Advertisement