Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

bb86 wrote: »
    Ya I discovered yesterday that they were 3pp & not 2pp :( but still love them! the green pack is fantastic alright, had a toasted one this morn with a hard boiled egg it was such a nice breakfast! :)

The good news regarding Slimbos are that.................... 2 of them are 5pp :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

They sound yummy. Our leader had the pack in class last week. I think I might head out and see if I can find them in Supervalu. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Good God it's weigh in again and another bad week under my belt.

Do I just give up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

pinkstars, why was it a bad week?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Right, that is it, I am officially giving up chocolate... Anyone done it before, any tips?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Not pointing.....eating mini packs of rolos all week, aswell as curly wirlys, rice cakes etc
    Went on a walk ....... one

Don't give up! Everyone has bad weeks! Tomorrow you can start afresh!

pinkstars wrote: »
    Not pointing.....eating mini packs of rolos all week, aswell as curly wirlys, rice cakes etc
    Went on a walk ....... one

Don't worry I'm right there with you.. Starting afresh as of now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Are you just bored with the program? With tracking? Or something else?

At the moment I'm tracking like a maniac, hopefully it will show at WI on Wed. Will be gutted if it doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

pinkstars wrote: »
    Good God it's weigh in again and another bad week under my belt.

Do I just give up!!!

NO!! :D Trust one bad week is not as bad as one bad month, year etc. I have had 3 bad weeks and the scales reflect it but if I give up the scales will keep going up!
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Right, that is it, I am officially giving up chocolate... Anyone done it before, any tips?!

I'm doing it at the moment. I started yesterday. I'm feeling it today though as I'm attempting to give up all sugar so I'm tired and I have a headache. Weirdly enough I don't have cravings but I don't think that will last. If I can do it trust me anyone can. I could easily eat 4/5 bars of chocolate or 2 full share bags of malteasers, minstrels etc in a sitting. It's a miracle I'm not more overweight than I am :o The only tip I can give you at the moment is take each day as it comes. Just don't buy the chocolate (easier said than done!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Taz1 wrote: »
    I gave it up for lent. Cold turkey is how it works for me!

Half a pound down, 13.5 in total. I'm so close to the stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Woop Woop STS this week! So nice when thats actually what you want to see :-) First week of maintenance sorted. Not sure I deserve it but I will take it and get back to tracking for this week.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    NO!! :DTrust one bad week is not as bad as one bad month, year etc. I have had 3 bad weeks and the scales reflect it but if I give up the scales will keep going up!

I'm doing it at the moment. I started yesterday. I'm feeling it today though as I'm attempting to give up all sugar so I'm tired and I have a headache. Weirdly enough I don't have cravings but I don't think that will last. If I can do it trust me anyone can. I could easily eat 4/5 bars of chocolate or 2 full share bags of malteasers, minstrels etc in a sitting. It's a miracle I'm not more overweight than I am :o The only tip I can give you at the moment is take each day as it comes. Just don't buy the chocolate (easier said than done!).

Just finished another awful day, I'm hoping I can undo 2 totally crap days damage over the next 5 days before next Mondays WI... I guess the only consolation is that I'm not gonna let it turn into a crap week, the few bad days are done now, gonna try not even reflect on them but focus forward instead...
    ck83 wrote: »
    I gave it up for lent. Cold turkey is how it works for me!

I don't know HOW I'll go without chocolate, I'm seriously the biggest chocolate fiend, but I think like you, I'm hoping going cold turkey will stop me from abusing my craving now! Here's hoping I can even get through one day! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Talulah1

Hi, hope ye don't mind if i join. My second week at my local ww club and so far 4lbs down. With at least 4 stone to go so I'm in for the long haul...My WI are on Tues so will look forward to the journey????maybe :). I have to attend a wedding in July and would love to be down to an acceptable size by then.
    Talk soon
    T

Just popped in to say I got those Slimbos yesterday and they are yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Welcome!

Take it in little steps, one achievement at a time and you'll do fine. :)

I had 3.5 stone to lose when I started but I didn't let it faze me, just one half stone at time and it worked (well almost - I lost 3 stone and am back to get to goal!)

WI tonight - not feeling too confident with our Valentines dinner and night out on Saturday but will see how it goes.

Does anyone watch Supersize vs Superskinny. I watched it last night - it's a real eye opener!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Just popped in to say I got those Slimbos yesterday and they are yummy!

Where did you get them?

I got them in SuperValu. About €1.70 for a pack of 6. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi guys!

I'm back from my hols. I had a big post written out on Monday and then IT called to do something on my computer so I had to close the page :) I had an amazing time! Words cannot describe. Needless to say, WW didn't go well. It wasn't from lack of trying though but when you are eating out all the time, it is so hard to eat healthily because, as we all know, salads are often a lot more calorific than they seem. Anyway write it off and move on.

I haven't been able to weigh myself as the batteries in my stupid scales are dead again. They must be those batteries that die if they aren't used at least once a week. Anyway I took it as a blessing in disguise as some of my clothes are tighter so I'm guessing I am up a good bit. So I am using this week to get back on track. Monday was ok, we had pancakes for tea as we missed Pancake Tuesday but I had used very little points during the day so I was sorted. Yesterday didn't go so well. I did fine all day but then pigged out when I went home. I am going to point it all now, even though the thought fills me with dread. I've decided to give up chocolate for the remainder of lent starting today. It will be tough as I am ADDICTED to chocolate. I think it will be good as when I lived abroad, I rarely ate bread or cheese as they only had really sweet bread or processed chesse and I never crave them now like I did then. So hopefully it will work with chocolate. I'd say I have a piece of chocolate everyday which is probably why I crave it so much!

I started football again on Monday and I am still in pain today but I feel much fitter now than I did last year. I think spin has definitely paid off. We have a fitness trainer coming on Wednesdays and apparently, he is very tough. But it will be worth it in the long run. I am also starting Couch to 5k tomorrow with my OH. Now if I could just get my eating habits under control, I'd be sorted!

Tiny, I was absolutely delighted to see you had reached goal. You are an inspiration to us all! Can I ask how much did you lose and how long did it take? Any handy tips? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Well, after 6 weeks of STS, up half a lb, down half a lb I decided to start back on 5:2 this week and feel back on track and in control again which is good. Mid week check says the scales are going in the right direction so all good. I need weightwatchers to keep me on check the other days but the 5:2 definitely gets the scales moving for me when I'm in a rut. Will stick with it until at least the end of lent to see how it goes longer term. I think giving up bread is also having a good effect on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Well, after 6 weeks of STS, up half a lb, down half a lb I decided to start back on 5:2 this week and feel back on track and in control again which is good. Mid week check says the scales are going in the right direction so all good. I need weightwatchers to keep me on check the other days but the 5:2 definitely gets the scales moving for me when I'm in a rut. Will stick with it until at least the end of lent to see how it goes longer term. I think giving up bread is also having a good effect on me.

Hey, probably a stupid question buy what is 5:2?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Talulah - Welcome! And congratulations on your weight loss so far. I've found checking into this thread really motivating during the week between weigh ins and I definitely think it's keeping me on track this time (this is about my fourth try and weight watchers and I am now the lightest I've ever been as an adult). Remember that any loss is good and keep at it (I used to get disheartened when my initial big losses started to go down) - a pound a week and this time next year you'll be at goal! Best of luck.

I STS this week - I'm actually fairly happy with this after two nights out this week and TOTM today. Last month I was up half a pound during my period, so STS I can definitely work with! I'm so close to goal and I was sorted of disappointed with myself that I didn't stick to the program as rigidly as I could have this week, but look no harm done and onwards and upwards. Goal by Easter was always my plan and I'm on track for that - with a little discipline I could even make it by Paddy's Day! The only thing is with work right now I don't have the time to stay to class and I'm concerned that this is impacting on my progress - I always enjoy the motivation I get from class. Work is back to normal in two weeks, so hopefully I can hold it together until then.

Cavangal - You are very dedicated to give up chocolate. I feel about cheese like you do about chocolate and I half thought of cutting it out this year. But then I decided I liked it too much, so well done on your discipline! Let us know how it goes.

deni86 wrote: »

It's when for two non-consecutive days of the week you eat 500calories. Its seperate from the WW plan. It can be tough some days but fine others. It's all about using the 500 cals wisely. I find it great to get a boost to my weight loss especially after Christmas and before my holiday. And the extra weightloss in turn boosts my dedication to WW! But if you are happy with WW, then there is no need to worry about it unless you want to try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

deni86 wrote: »

5:2 is alternative day dieting where on 2 non consecutive days of the week you lower your calorie intake to 500 cals for a woman and 600 for a man. Then in an ideal world eat your normal intake the other 5 days. In the real world however I wouldn't be on ww in the first place if my version of 'normal' worked lol So I just keep to my 26 dailies on the other days as much as possible.

There seems to be a few of us here giving up chocolate or junk food. I'm now on day 3 and so far I haven't caved at all. I was quite proud of myself as I had a really bad day yesterday and had an emotional breakdown last night but still didn't cave. Normally I would have gone for the junk food. I didn't make WI last night but going tonight instead. I just want to get it out of the way so I can go and enjoy my fresh start!

CavanGal welcome back. Glad you had a good time. I'd stay away from the scales for the first week! I never weigh myself straight after as it can you put you in the mood of well what's another day of eating bad going to do and it just spirals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I'm back from my hols. I had a big post written out on Monday and then IT called to do something on my computer so I had to close the page :) I had an amazing time! Words cannot describe. Needless to say, WW didn't go well. It wasn't from lack of trying though but when you are eating out all the time, it is so hard to eat healthily because, as we all know, salads are often a lot more calorific than they seem. Anyway write it off and move on.

I haven't been able to weigh myself as the batteries in my stupid scales are dead again. They must be those batteries that die if they aren't used at least once a week. Anyway I took it as a blessing in disguise as some of my clothes are tighter so I'm guessing I am up a good bit. So I am using this week to get back on track. Monday was ok, we had pancakes for tea as we missed Pancake Tuesday but I had used very little points during the day so I was sorted. Yesterday didn't go so well. I did fine all day but then pigged out when I went home. I am going to point it all now, even though the thought fills me with dread. I've decided to give up chocolate for the remainder of lent starting today. It will be tough as I am ADDICTED to chocolate. I think it will be good as when I lived abroad, I rarely ate bread or cheese as they only had really sweet bread or processed chesse and I never crave them now like I did then. So hopefully it will work with chocolate. I'd say I have a piece of chocolate everyday which is probably why I crave it so much!

I started football again on Monday and I am still in pain today but I feel much fitter now than I did last year. I think spin has definitely paid off. We have a fitness trainer coming on Wednesdays and apparently, he is very tough. But it will be worth it in the long run. I am also starting Couch to 5k tomorrow with my OH. Now if I could just get my eating habits under control, I'd be sorted!

Tiny, I was absolutely delighted to see you had reached goal. You are an inspiration to us all! Can I ask how much did you lose and how long did it take? Any handy tips? Thanks

Welcome back! Where were you on your Hols? I gave up chocolate and desserts last january and remember how tough it is. The past few weeks i tried to scale back to just a treat after WI but have let go again this week. Stress in work leads me to eat choo. But its fine as long as I count it.

Thanks for the comments re goal- am delighted with it!! Great also to get through my first week of maintenance too. I joined last january - the first week back after xmas. So took me just over a year and i lost 52.5lbs in total. I got to 50 in Nov and its taken me nearly 3 months to lose the last 2.5 but sure i got there! My biggest tips is tracking, planning and be honest with yourself. If you need to go off track allow it and dont beat yourself up - that just leads to a downward spiral!

Thanks everyone. I am actually happy to be back and pointing again!

I think I will just give up chocolate for now as I rarely eat crisps, sweets or non-chocolate deserts anyway. I did remember last night that I will have to give it up (and WW) for one day on March 13th as my OH and I are doing a chocolate cooking class that day as he bought me a voucher for Xmas (Isnt he so supportive?!). We had a lunch meeting in work today and, as some many in the office are off chocolate for lent, there was none but there were yummy fruit cups in its place. A lovely 0pp treat! Unfortunately, I have some WW bars, chocolate rice cakes and WW mini rolls at home so I will have to hide them away for the next few weeks. I will get my OH to count them so he can shame me if I sneak any :)

Tiny, I was in South Africa and it was unbelievable - safari, shark diving and bungy jumping to mention just a few activities. Highly recommend it as a holiday location to anyone who is looking!

I had my WI tonight and I was up 2.5lbs. That's a 4lbs gain now in 3 weeks and thoroughly deserved. I'm glad I got that WI out of the way as I can now focus properly on losing the weight. I'm now 3 days of no sugar and I have to say it's not as hard as I thought it would be. I know it'll get harder once I cut it fully but I'm taking it a day at a time. I'm annoyed at myself for getting this bad as I'm now a 1/2lb heavier than I was when I started back meetings before Christmas. My head is in a much better place now and I feel like I want to do this rather then I have to do this.
    Also I was in Dunnes today and they have some gorgeous spring stuff. But for the first time since I started WW in September 2009 I hated shopping and I felt like the fat girl in the changing rooms :mad: Anyway its a motivator to get this weight off so I can start wearing the clothes I want. Sorry for the ramble just needed to get that off my chest :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Down 1lb after WI tonight! Very happy with that, 10 1/2 lbs down in total, so nearly at my first stone, don't think i will get it next week, but i'm ok with that.

Also discovered Slimbos, got them in Tesco and Dunnes. love them to bits, so tasty with the different seeds, was just using brown pitta breads but they get a bit boring after a while.

Huge difference in my IBS since i started eating properly, only had 3 attacks in the last 7 weeks, would normally have at least one attack every week before, so thats a major improvement.

Well done to those who are down this week and to those who are up, take the advice of all those who have said to draw a line under it and move on. It's great advice and has helped me to pull my socks up more than once in the past 7 weeks. It's become my own little mantra.:D

Re: the 5:2 diet, for anyone who has done it, what do you eat on the 500 cal days?

Advertisement