Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Was down four lb this morn. Yes friends, ye read it right- 4!!!! I've haven't had a decent loss in ages, and any time I've had a little loss, it's been straight back on again. I've now re-earned my third stone, which I'm delighted about it. I'm now four pounds above the weight I was when I went back to work after mat leave, so I'd love to get back there by Easter. Patricks day would even better!!! A further two lb would have me my next silver seven, and three would see me into the thirteens, which I feel I finally might see now! I need to track track track!! It's much easier to manage to stay within my pp now that in off all the nice things for lent! I'm also loving tracking on my new app!
    Well done on this weeks losses! I'm on a bit of a high!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Ck 83, what app are you using?

WI tonight, touchdown 1.5lb, this is the only place that I'd admit that I'm a small bit disappointed with that as I have been on the ball with tracking and been exercising more this week. Still, a loss is better than nothing.

I think part of it is that I know I've things - dinner & drinking, on this week that I didn't last week and I find tracking for eating out so hard.

Ck 83, what app are you using?

WI tonight, touchdown 1.5lb, this is the only place that I'd admit that I'm a small bit disappointed with that as I have been on the ball with tracking and been exercising more this week. Still, a loss is better than nothing.

I think part of it is that I know I've things - dinner & drinking, on this week that I didn't last week and I find tracking for eating out so hard.

It's called my score plus. I've used apps for calculating pp before, but never tracked- don't know why really. It's much more doable for me than the green tracker- I'd never have whipped that out after lunch at work, but ill use my phone to track.
    I think it was on skinny dolls blog that I came across the recommendation for my score- it's got a calculator, a tracker, an activity points calculator, and a favourites section to store foods you eat regularly for quick tracking! Great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

maryfred wrote: »
    Re: the 5:2 diet, for anyone who has done it, what do you eat on the 500 cal days?

I eat porridge with skimmed milk for breakfast and WW 0points veg soup for lunch and dinner with fruit for snacks. I find mandarines and plums great as they are only 30cals so they fill a gap but don't cost too much. Bananas are 100cals so I don't usually eat them on a 500 day unless I am going to spin or football as I think you need a bit extra for a tough workout. If I ever need something sweet, I drink diet coke or, even better, sparkling water. I find the fizziness also helps me feel fuller. I would also allow myself tea with a drop of milk as I work in an office so it can be a long day with so little food. I do try to drink fruit teas but avoid green tea as it is supposed to help digestion and always makes me feel hungry.

Another ok day yesterday. Had football in the evening and ate my soup and a WW naan after as I'd had a biggish lunch. My OH gave me the last little slice of his sponge birthday cake but no chocolate in it thankfully. I am on the 500 today and have just had porridge and water so far. I am feeling hungry though. I think it is the cold weather. I will fight it!

I got new batteries for my scales yesterday and I was so tempted to weigh myself this morning - morbid curiosity! I didn't and WI is tomorrow morning :(

Have a good day all and well done on the great losses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

maryfred wrote: »

Re: the 5:2 diet, for anyone who has done it, what do you eat on the 500 cal days?

I pretty much just fast until dinner time and then have a normal healthy dinner. I don't like breakfast on weekdays anyway so its just lunch I skip really and to be honest knowing it is only one day stops you feeling deprived and I never eat anymore the following day which is the pitfall for some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I like the idea of this 5:2 and I think it might be just the thing to kickstart my final trek to goal.

I think Monday and Thursday would work well for me, am going to give it a go!

Thanks for the tips on food.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lp85

WI last night. Lost 1lb so down 14.5lbs in six weeks and got my first stone :D

Currently at 14 st 1lb so my goal for the week will be to try losing 2lbs to get down into the 13st bracket which I haven't been at in yonks. May not be realistic since I've meals out tonight and Sunday but sure will give it a go and see what happens. One small goal at a time!

Btw does anyone know how many pp a wrap is in the Spar deli? I've had to cut out my lunch time rolls cause they were just gazumping my dailies but thought maybe the same fillings in a wrap might be doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lp85

Also does anyone know how many points chicken wings are approximatley? Due to go to Elephant & Castle this weekend and craving the wings!

lp85 wrote: »
    WI last night. Lost 1lb so down 14.5lbs in six weeks and got my first stone :D

Currently at 14 st 1lb so my goal for the week will be to try losing 2lbs to get down into the 13st bracket which I haven't been at in yonks. May not be realistic since I've meals out tonight and Sunday but sure will give it a go and see what happens. One small goal at a time!

Btw does anyone know how many pp a wrap is in the Spar deli? I've had to cut out my lunch time rolls cause they were just gazumping my dailies but thought maybe the same fillings in a wrap might be doable.

Wraps are still quite high tbh. Ww wraps are 3pp, and they're tiny- so a shop one is prob 5-6.
    Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

ck83 wrote: »
    Was down four lb this morn. Yes friends, ye read it right- 4!!!! I've haven't had a decent loss in ages, and any time I've had a little loss, it's been straight back on again. I've now re-earned my third stone, which I'm delighted about it. I'm now four pounds above the weight I was when I went back to work after mat leave, so I'd love to get back there by Easter. Patricks day would even better!!! A further two lb would have me my next silver seven, and three would see me into the thirteens, which I feel I finally might see now! I need to track track track!! It's much easier to manage to stay within my pp now that in off all the nice things for lent! I'm also loving tracking on my new app!
    Well done on this weeks losses! I'm on a bit of a high!

Thats fantastic!!! Well done on the loss. Agree with you on the app - its great to use anywhere. You always have the phone handy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Groaaaaaaaaaan...

I had given up baking (my favourite thing) while losing the weight because it wasn't working for me... I recently started trying healthier recipes and I really need to stop again. I made AMAZING blondies (vegan, gluten free, low fat) based on a CCK recipe. They used a tin of chickpeas as the base, with some peanut butter, brown sugar, oats and chocolate chips. Blend it all up and bake. I was skeptical about the chickpeas, I won't lie, and then they wound up DELICIOUS. I couldn't believe they were so nice, so I ate loads (probably about 12 pp worth). The ingredients are 'healthy' but peanut butter and chickpeas are high in points. I took the pp straight out of my weeklies so I will be fine (and no nights out or dinners or anything planned this week so I hope I'll be fine). Just...a silly thing to do.

They are up there now in the tin, gently calling to me. HELP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

Does anyone know how the Weight Watchers Diet compares to Patrick Holfords Low GL diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Had a STS this wk so not too surprised but thought in my clothes that I might have been down but going to try to stick to it rigidly now and hopefully will see a minus next wk!... dying to get out of the 14's & into the 13's! Doing the operation transformation 5k run on Saturday so will go for a run tonight to prep for it! My aim was to go off chocolate for lent but I didn't last a day :( I have zero will power!! Think I will start fresh again and try do it for the rest of lent!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 supersally01

Hey all!

STS this evening even though I worked very hard this week and it's not TOTM.
    Would anyone know or have any experience of gaining a bit of weight while on antibiotics? I've been on augmentin the past few days, another 7 days to stay on them? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Hey all!

Would anyone know or have any experience of gaining a bit of weight while on antibiotics? I've been on augmentin the past few days, another 7 days to stay on them? :(

Yeah antibiotics don't help with weight loss so I would say that's the reason you didn't see your work paying off on the scales, you will probably have a big loss next week though so stick at it :)

2.5 down this week! So happy with that after my sts last week I was dreading I would be a sts again... 1 more pound and I get my first stone woohoo!!

Groaaaaaaaaaan...

I had given up baking (my favourite thing) while losing the weight because it wasn't working for me... I recently started trying healthier recipes and I really need to stop again. I made AMAZING blondies (vegan, gluten free, low fat) based on a CCK recipe. They used a tin of chickpeas as the base, with some peanut butter, brown sugar, oats and chocolate chips. Blend it all up and bake. I was skeptical about the chickpeas, I won't lie, and then they wound up DELICIOUS. I couldn't believe they were so nice, so I ate loads (probably about 12 pp worth). The ingredients are 'healthy' but peanut butter and chickpeas are high in points. I took the pp straight out of my weeklies so I will be fine (and no nights out or dinners or anything planned this week so I hope I'll be fine). Just...a silly thing to do.

They are up there now in the tin, gently calling to me. HELP!!!!

Could you try freezing them in portions? Have to say as I live alone I never bake for just that reason I would eat the lot - so tend to only do it when I have people coming or can off load. Could you even bring some of them into work to share? - Usually find thats a great place to "share" while saving yourself!;)
    Hey all!

Absolutely had this experience. I found even though I'd be on track points wise etc... the scales where sts or going up - and sometimes by 2/3. I'm not medical, but I think you retain fluids and your metabolism can be messed. Don't get disheartened. This is one of those times where I find it easier to review your weight loss over a whole month rather than by a week. And if you stay within your points... it will eventually show! Get well soon.

Weigh in tonight and I was down an unexpected 1lb. Utterly delighted. PMT had crept in the last two evenings and found myself going over my points by about 4/6 each day. I have been exercising. But I also stopped myself each night mid way either by going to bed earlier or making phone calls to friends. And it worked. Delighted. Now to reset that app for a new week tomorrow - love seeing the 49 reappear on a friday!!!!

Ok. Setting myself some mini goals to break up my weightloss journey into 3 chunks. I am going to get to goal this year and that is a definite.
    Easter weekend -6lbs
    June Holiday -10lbs
    December Holiday -10lbs (I know this will be the hardest bit)
    I'm writing this down because I want this to sink in and motivate me. I've got 26lbs to go and I am determined to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I cant stop eating. TOTM is KILLING me. We didnt do food shopping last weekend and not being organised at this particular time is the worse. I had a fried egg sandwhich this morning and then a scone. Now have no lunch so have to go out and buy something and scared of the temptation. Did a killer kettlebells session this morning, going to go for a run tomorrow and do a trial class in a bootcamp place around the corner from my apartment to see if that helps!

Going to vegas in 5 weeks so really wanted a bit of a buffer below goal for it. Have to get refocused and reorganised!

• Advertisement

I cant stop eating. TOTM is KILLING me. We didnt do food shopping last weekend and not being organised at this particular time is the worse. I had a fried egg sandwhich this morning and then a scone. Now have no lunch so have to go out and buy something and scared of the temptation. Did a killer kettlebells session this morning, going to go for a run tomorrow and do a trial class in a bootcamp place around the corner from my apartment to see if that helps!

Going to vegas in 5 weeks so really wanted a bit of a buffer below goal for it. Have to get refocused and reorganised!

I have got into the habit of shopping and cooking everything from scratch one weekend and buying M&S count on us meals for the week the following weekend. With work, college and a house to keep I just don't have time to cook properly every week so I find this works for me and gives me time for myself every other week. Having the meals there keeps me on track and stops me going for rubbish which is what I was doing when I wasn't prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

donnamc5 wrote: »
    I have got into the habit of shopping and cooking everything from scratch one weekend and buying M&S count on us meals for the week the following weekend. With work, college and a house to keep I just don't have time to cook properly every week so I find this works for me and gives me time for myself every other week. Having the meals there keeps me on track and stops me going for rubbish which is what I was doing when I wasn't prepared.

Because there is 2 of us at home the ready meals for a week just isnt financially feasable. (although may have worked out cheaper for this one particular week) I have some homemade stuff in the freezer and to be honest I am usually great about cooking from scratch. I love doing it, I find cooking relaxing when I get home from work. This week was a bit of a different week - we usually shop on a sunday and there was an incident and was in the hospital with my boyfriend and all over the place for the day. This week have been doing 10/11 hour days at work and he has been recovering and thendoing double shifts and so we just havent had the time to get to the shop properly. We have even run out of salt and pepper. I find that the events of sunday just threw me completely off sync for the week and ihavent been able to recover and get organised.

Have a plan for this weekend and so will be back on track with gusto once my shopping and planning are done on sat morning.

Because there is 2 of us at home the ready meals for a week just isnt financially feasable. (although may have worked out cheaper for this one particular week) I have some homemade stuff in the freezer and to be honest I am usually great about cooking from scratch. I love doing it, I find cooking relaxing when I get home from work. This week was a bit of a different week - we usually shop on a sunday and there was an incident and was in the hospital with my boyfriend and all over the place for the day. This week have been doing 10/11 hour days at work and he has been recovering and thendoing double shifts and so we just havent had the time to get to the shop properly. We have even run out of salt and pepper. I find that the events of sunday just threw me completely off sync for the week and ihavent been able to recover and get organised.

Have a plan for this weekend and so will be back on track with gusto once my shopping and planning are done on sat morning.

Sorry about your fella. Hope he's better soon. I guess all of this is part of the journey. Learning how to overcome a bad week and not letting it turn into a bad month and getting our heads around making the best choices when we find ourselves in an unplanned for situation without going back to our old ways. A lot easier said than done but Im trying. Its almost like searching for the triggers that used to set us on the wrong path and cutting them off before they take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi everyone,
    Happy Friday.

Great to hear of the STS and losses this week. I was truly devastasted stepping on the scales last night, I was upnot 1 but 2 whole freckin pounds!!!!!!

AH!! So I've reassessed and discovered why I had such a gain, despite exercising everyday:
    So, why did I gain?
    • The 6 hot cross buns I bought on Monday night; Yes no one else ate them, it was all meeeeeeeee
    • I had selective tracking amnesia. Oh no, did I forget to track that bagel with cream cheese and bacon?? YES
    • Oh I'm off chocolate for lent, this is no excuse to eat endless packets of marshmallows - They still contain propoints.
    • Cocktails contain propoints. 4 cocktails contain propoints. Just because I "only ate two starters" doesn't give me carte blanche to drink all the drinks. (Had that awful selective amnesia about the pecan pie for dessert too ;))

I've really had a s**te few weeks tbh, lots of issues going on at home and it's not the time to be selfish and cook for myself. To add to it, one family member has lost an awful lot of weight with worry so we've to have "hearty" (aka fatty) dinners to beef them out. AGH.

I'm stuggling to maintain (or even start) discipline, willpower and the get go to stop eating. I'm so envious of everyone on here doing so well and keeping at it.

Sorry for the rant, I'm glad to get it off my chest, if even it's sitting on my hips :(

Thanks for reading,
    Flowerpower x

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi everyone,
    Happy Friday.

Great to hear of the STS and losses this week. I was truly devastasted stepping on the scales last night, I was upnot 1 but 2 whole freckin pounds!!!!!!

AH!! So I've reassessed and discovered why I had such a gain, despite exercising everyday:
    So, why did I gain?
    • The 6 hot cross buns I bought on Monday night; Yes no one else ate them, it was all meeeeeeeee
    • I had selective tracking amnesia. Oh no, did I forget to track that bagel with cream cheese and bacon?? YES
    • Oh I'm off chocolate for lent, this is no excuse to eat endless packets of marshmallows - They still contain propoints.
    • Cocktails contain propoints. 4 cocktails contain propoints. Just because I "only ate two starters" doesn't give me carte blanche to drink all the drinks. (Had that awful selective amnesia about the pecan pie for dessert too ;))

I've really had a s**te few weeks tbh, lots of issues going on at home and it's not the time to be selfish and cook for myself. To add to it, one family member has lost an awful lot of weight with worry so we've to have "hearty" (aka fatty) dinners to beef them out. AGH.

I'm stuggling to maintain (or even start) discipline, willpower and the get go to stop eating. I'm so envious of everyone on here doing so well and keeping at it.

Sorry for the rant, I'm glad to get it off my chest, if even it's sitting on my hips :(

Thanks for reading,
    Flowerpower x

I'm so sorry, but I burst out laughing at the bit with the marshmallows! (your writing is very engaging) Don't we all do it? Sorry to hear you are struggling right now - I think that everyone goes through weeks and days when it feels like that. To be, stress makes your body hold onto weight particularly around the tummy - when you are stressed, your body releases cortisol, which makes it hold onto energy from food in case it has to flight or fight in the near future. So whilst the wee treats might have contributed to the gain, please remember that stress could be somewhat to blame too. And the crap thing about it is that you start to get stressed then about putting on weight from stress and you get more stressed!

So take some time for some nice 'me time' treats. A gentle walk is good to destress the system. Try diaphragmatic breathing, meditation, a facial or a nice bubble bath. By deccellerating your system and being nice to yourself, you will definitely positively impact on your weight loss. 2 pounds is very little and you'll have it off in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Ditto with you on that one flowerpower.... Was up 2.5 at last weeks WI and have been atrociously bad all this week, keep satrting afresh every morning, and doing well until after work when I'll completely pig out... My atiitude as completely changed, I guess I've become sick of being so strict since reaching goal (now moving further and further above it). I'm turning into one of those people who put all the weight back on and then some.... I stopped going to the gym a few weeks back as my membership expired but I started back football training around that time. I think I might need my routine of going gym straight after work the days that I don't have training so that I don't have time to reach for crap.... But going to the gym all the time did put me under a lot of pressure too..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 supersally01

Thanks @gragirl and @deni86!

I thought as much because I'm pretty sure it has happened to me before but just needed a bit of reassurance! I'll try not to get disheartened and pig out now! haha

Congrats to everyone else on your losses! :)

Everybodys very quiet! I'm gonna blow my 49 points on wine now soon hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Confession time.....I had chocolate and sweets yesterday and this morning :o I'm not mad at myself which is a good thing as I'm proud that I went 4 days without them. Back to no sugar as off now. I've started to eliminate it from my main meals now. Breakfast is proving to be the hardest.

The one thing I love about eliminating junk food is I can now enjoy some gorgeous meals. I used to avoid beef as it's higher in points than chicken. I'm just after having a delicious home-made low point steak sandwich for my dinner :D I'm enjoying exploring new recipes and new foods.

Also really proud I did a 40 minute cardio workout and 30 minute calisthenic workout today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Talulah1

Hi all,
    Thanks for all replies and support, Hopefully with the neighbours that I go with now to the meetings and the online support with all of ye, and my partner and 2 little boys support, I might actually get down to losing some serious weight. It's been a few pretty bad years and it really shows in my waist line and every other line :-0 so onwards and downwards hopefully...
    My favourite meal so far is the mock fry up :). Medallions of bacon, poach egg, mush, tomatoess and a cheat on the white pudding..yummmmm... I eat the Brennans version of the McCambridges Brown Bread (without any buttermilk)..I think it's 2 pts per slice am I right??
    Good luck to all ladies, never mind that bikini, that sleveless top is calling me, baby steps :))).

Advertisement