Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Talulah1 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all replies and support, Hopefully with the neighbours that I go with now to the meetings and the online support with all of ye, and my partner and 2 little boys support, I might actually get down to losing some serious weight. It's been a few pretty bad years and it really shows in my waist line and every other line :-0 so onwards and downwards hopefully...
    My favourite meal so far is the mock fry up :). Medallions of bacon, poach egg, mush, tomatoess and a cheat on the white pudding..yummmmm... I eat the Brennans version of the McCambridges Brown Bread (without any buttermilk)..I think it's 2 pts per slice am I right??
    Good luck to all ladies, never mind that bikini, that sleveless top is calling me, baby steps :))).

I was coming on here to tell you to be careful when pointing bread as most likely its 2 points for one slice but 5 for 2. I'm just after checking and it is only 4 points for 2 slices. McCambridge bread is 5 points for 2 slices. Good find :)

Do be careful though when pointing things as one slice can be 2 points but two can be 5 points. This goes for everything not just bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Because there is 2 of us at home the ready meals for a week just isnt financially feasable. (although may have worked out cheaper for this one particular week) I have some homemade stuff in the freezer and to be honest I am usually great about cooking from scratch. I love doing it, I find cooking relaxing when I get home from work. This week was a bit of a different week - we usually shop on a sunday and there was an incident and was in the hospital with my boyfriend and all over the place for the day. This week have been doing 10/11 hour days at work and he has been recovering and thendoing double shifts and so we just havent had the time to get to the shop properly. We have even run out of salt and pepper. I find that the events of sunday just threw me completely off sync for the week and ihavent been able to recover and get organised.

Have a plan for this weekend and so will be back on track with gusto once my shopping and planning are done on sat morning.

Hey Tiny, so sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I hope he is recovering well now. I think as someone said this really is a testament to life happening to you and I guess what I see is that you recognise chaos happened, but your are also drawing a line and getting back on track this w/e - that I think for all of us on this journey is a testament to how we have changed. I'm sorry you've had a hard week.. but I also think give yourself credit for recognising it and getting back on track. I hope you've had a good w/e.
    Hi everyone,
    Happy Friday.

Great to hear of the STS and losses this week. I was truly devastasted stepping on the scales last night, I was upnot 1 but 2 whole freckin pounds!!!!!!

AH!! So I've reassessed and discovered why I had such a gain, despite exercising everyday:
    So, why did I gain?
    • The 6 hot cross buns I bought on Monday night; Yes no one else ate them, it was all meeeeeeeee
    • I had selective tracking amnesia. Oh no, did I forget to track that bagel with cream cheese and bacon?? YES
    • Oh I'm off chocolate for lent, this is no excuse to eat endless packets of marshmallows - They still contain propoints.
    • Cocktails contain propoints. 4 cocktails contain propoints. Just because I "only ate two starters" doesn't give me carte blanche to drink all the drinks. (Had that awful selective amnesia about the pecan pie for dessert too ;))
    I've really had a s**te few weeks tbh, lots of issues going on at home and it's not the time to be selfish and cook for myself. To add to it, one family member has lost an awful lot of weight with worry so we've to have "hearty" (aka fatty) dinners to beef them out. AGH.

I'm stuggling to maintain (or even start) discipline, willpower and the get go to stop eating. I'm so envious of everyone on here doing so well and keeping at it.

Sorry for the rant, I'm glad to get it off my chest, if even it's sitting on my hips :(

Thanks for reading,
    Flowerpower x

Flowerpower your power of the pen is truely genius - and that selective amnesia can be so contagious.;) And don't worry - it won't be sitting on your hips for much longer. After all who are you hurting more with the selective amnesia only yourself!! Heres to conciously eating & drinking! Though in my case its taking an awful lot of practice! :rolleyes:
    Eabhabear wrote: »
    I was coming on here to tell you to be careful when pointing bread as most likely its 2 points for one slice but 5 for 2. I'm just after checking and it is only 4 points for 2 slices. McCambridge bread is 5 points for 2 slices. Good find :)

Do be careful though when pointing things as one slice can be 2 points but two can be 5 points. This goes for everything not just bread!

Eabhabear I got caught out on that one too. I really wish they'd bring back half points!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

hey all,

been lurking here on and off for about 2 years. the lurking usually coincides with me trying to lose weight! i'm currently on week 3 (again) and still full of the joys of my 3.5lb loss so far. but sunday seems to be such a weakness for me. total unnecessary splurge. just wondering if anyone else does this and if there is a cure?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

I'm so sorry, but I burst out laughing at the bit with the marshmallows! (your writing is very engaging) Don't we all do it? Sorry to hear you are struggling right now - I think that everyone goes through weeks and days when it feels like that. To be, stress makes your body hold onto weight particularly around the tummy - when you are stressed, your body releases cortisol, which makes it hold onto energy from food in case it has to flight or fight in the near future. So whilst the wee treats might have contributed to the gain, please remember that stress could be somewhat to blame too. And the crap thing about it is that you start to get stressed then about putting on weight from stress and you get more stressed!

So take some time for some nice 'me time' treats. A gentle walk is good to destress the system. Try diaphragmatic breathing, meditation, a facial or a nice bubble bath. By deccellerating your system and being nice to yourself, you will definitely positively impact on your weight loss. 2 pounds is very little and you'll have it off in no time.

This makes total sense re stress and my tummy!! Thank you, I took some good "me" time at the weekend, I still ate all around me but feel alot better :)
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Ditto with you on that one flowerpower.... Was up 2.5 at last weeks WI and have been atrociously bad all this week, keep satrting afresh every morning, and doing well until after work when I'll completely pig out... My atiitude as completely changed, I guess I've become sick of being so strict since reaching goal (now moving further and further above it). I'm turning into one of those people who put all the weight back on and then some.... I stopped going to the gym a few weeks back as my membership expired but I started back football training around that time. I think I might need my routine of going gym straight after work the days that I don't have training so that I don't have time to reach for crap.... But going to the gym all the time did put me under a lot of pressure too..

Thanks Taz, I'm with you on the routine, it's so important to get it right. I found having dinner once I got home and then rather than sitting on the couch, go walking around 9pm. That way when I come in I go straight to bed. It stops the picking for me.

gragirl wrote: »
    Flowerpower your power of the pen is truely genius - and that selective amnesia can be so contagious.;) And don't worry - it won't be sitting on your hips for much longer. After all who are you hurting more with the selective amnesia only yourself!! Heres to conciously eating & drinking! Though in my case its taking an awful lot of practice! :rolleyes:

HERE HERE! Conciously eating is key, Thanks Gragirl, sorry to be spreading the selective amnesia !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi all

So I am up 5lbs from my holiday. Eeeks! Mad with myself for not having more self control but there is nothing I can do but move on. It was a weird weekend. I weighed in originally on Friday, then Saturday I weighed again so for some reason and I was down 2 pounds! Then Sunday I weighed again and I was up 3lbs! How crazy is that?! I was out friday for a few glasses of wine and had toast and some WW snacks when I came home so if anything I should have been up Saturday. My OH and I went for lunch Saturday and I had a yummy salad with sparkling water but I didnt feel right all evening - I think it was the water, my stomach was so bloated. So all I ate was a packet and a half of velvet crunch, some jellies and tea with skimmed milk. That means Sunday, if anything, I should have been down but I still didn't feel right so that may have influenced the scales.

Anyway I am going to move on as normal and try not to think about Sunday's weight. I am starting pilates today and I am extremely unflexible so it should be interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

CavanGal whenever I drink I am always lighter the following day and then a lot heavier the day after that. No idea why, possibly fluid retention from all the water you drink when you have the thirst the following day.

Anyway, down 3.6lbs this week. Delighted. I used all my weeklies so wasn't sure if I would be but I have stayed far away from bread, Had my Friday night treat on Thursday night and then stuck to my dailies all weekend and I had 3 days (Mon-Wed-Fri) on 5:2 or I guess 4:3 to be more accurate. Feel more in control than I have in a long time and very positive. Have all my dinners prepared and pointed for this week and loads of low point snacks in the cupboards so I wont be tempted to pick up "a small treat" in the shop on the way home. Ok, I have 4.6lbs to go until I am 10 and a half stone for the first time since I realised 3 years ago that I was starting to get a bit tubby. Pity I let it carry on to over 12 before I did anything about it but that's all in the past and It's all onwards and downwards from here on out. Wishing everyone a good week :)

I was just thinking wouldn't it be nice if we could bottle up the feeling we have when we get a good loss and then on those occasions where you are offered a big slice of cake or get in from the rain and can't be bothered to exercise you could just uncork the bottle and remember why its all worth it. Unfortunately with me the cake normally wins but I'd like to think Im a work in progress and in time I'll start making the right choices without it feeling like such a sacrifice.

New week today! No idea what to expect at WI tomorrow but after my gain last week I'm pretty much starting over so anything kind of loss will do. I managed to go days without sugar which was huge for me. This week is going to be tough as it's the week before my TOTM and I find that week worse for cravings. I want to get 5 days without sugar. I had planned on going cold turkey but that didn't last so I'm going to see how allowing a treat 2 days of the week works out. Sometimes I wish weight loss wasn't so hard or took so long! I know its my own fault but still :rolleyes:

I was just browsing on Tesco and I noticed something. Hellmanns balsamic vinegar has a better nutritional value than the Tesco Light balsamic vinegar. The light one has loads more sugar and they're both zero propoints per 15ml serving. Just be careful when buying 'light' or 'low fat' versions. Check the original version first and see exactly what the difference is. Normally I would just go straight for the low fat one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Oh lordy...I just pointed my weekend. WI this week is going to be .........interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

It's quiet on here... Where is everyone!!! I've had another good week. Have stayed within my weeklies. This week I've used 1 extra pp per day, so having 34 instead of 33, and taking the 7 from my weeklies. I did slip up the other night and had an illicit burger from the chipper, but I've enough weeklies to cover that!
    Have discovered muller light Greek style lemon yoghurts... Amazing!!!
    I'm starting to not miss chocolate anymore... That's probably even more amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Talulah1

Another week started filled with best intentions. Good luck everyone. Have my WI tomorrow so fingers x'd. Think I did ok but as the time gets nearer I always start to doubt myself.
    Can't find Daim (Dime) bars anywhere. They're only 4 pp and I love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

In so much pain today, did my first pilates class at lunch yesterday and a 2 hour football training session after work. I am hobbling about like an old woman. This better pay off on the scales on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I was away for the weekend & did a home WI this morning to discover I was up 3lb. Why is it sooooooo easy to go up on the scales but not down???!

I think I will go for a run this evening instead of going to WI and being told what I already know! I'm happy enough to think that I can have a good week and be down on the scales next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

On Day 2 of Pat Divilly Detox after a horrendous 2 weeks, having major withdrawal symptoms from chocolate, but I'll keep trying anyway... Gonna be a longggggg week!

On Day 2 of Pat Divilly Detox after a horrendous 2 weeks, having major withdrawal symptoms from chocolate, but I'll keep trying anyway... Gonna be a longggggg week!

What does this involve? I'm currently trying to give up sugar but last week I had 2 days where I broke. So far so good this week. It might help if I'm following a specific detox plan rather than just attempting cold turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Eabhabear wrote: »
    What does this involve? I'm currently trying to give up sugar but last week I had 2 days where I broke. So far so good this week. It might help if I'm following a specific detox plan rather than just attempting cold turkey.

To put it simply, it a combination of supplements, clean eating, no sugar, and exercise! It's a 7 day plan, if you type it into youtube you'll find it.. You did well to only break 2 days in fairness, chocolate has been part of my day (even if only a tiny amount) for months and months so I'm finding that part of it really tough.... But I'm hoping it might weaken my cravings for it! Wishful thinking. I'll be weighing and measuring myself in a weeks time to see if it has worked for me (thats if I get through this week without caving!)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Ok So i'm getting back on track.

I just read this http://runwithtina.com/blog/weightwatchers-weeks-four-and-five/ ...it's spurred me on. I WANT TO LOSE A SMALL TURKEY!! haha

Anyhow, I'm trying to eat better lunches, so currently having a bowl of Leek & Celeriac soup, a massive bowl of salad with 6 pps of cajun chicken (from the hairy dieters book). Then going to have a Muller light yogurt after. 8pps for lunch that's massive. My jaw is sore from chewing!!

I made the chicken and ham tangle pie last night for dinner. I got 9/10 (lost 1 for not making enough) from my family. I did have to make it with full fat creme fraiche, still trying to increase weight of one family member and I couldn't get half fat anywhere...
    Anyone know to buy half fat creme fraiche?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Haven't posted on here in agood while as have been slightly AWOL! Ive had some bad weeks and good weeks but overall managed to STS! Was dreading WI in last night as I missed class last week! I had 3 nights out in 2 weeks which meant 3 hangover and plenty of take aways! I was up a well deserved 5lb! I was disgusted with myself! Can't believe I was so bad but one thing it has thought me is how easy I could put the weight back on! So today I am back tracking and eating right and I am determined to get my ass in gear and lose this 3 stone! Good luck to veryone with their WI!

To put it simply, it a combination of supplements, clean eating, no sugar, and exercise! It's a 7 day plan, if you type it into youtube you'll find it.. You did well to only break 2 days in fairness, chocolate has been part of my day (even if only a tiny amount) for months and months so I'm finding that part of it really tough.... But I'm hoping it might weaken my cravings for it! Wishful thinking. I'll be weighing and measuring myself in a weeks time to see if it has worked for me (thats if I get through this week without caving!)

Thanks. The detox sounds perfect as I'm trying to give up all forms of sugar not just chocolate. I've been slowly eliminating it from my main foods.
    Junk food was my main problem. I was like you. I would have a sugary treat everyday and sometimes way more than I should have. The two days I caved I still was nowhere near as bad as I have been since January. I have my first WI tonight after a perfect week and tbh I'm not exactly hopeful. My own scales aren't showing much movement and they are normally on par with WW scales. I'm hoping if I keep it up the hard work will show on the scales next week. If I can get through a week of caving only two days then anyone can do it. I used to be one of those people that said 'I can never give up chocolate. I need my treat' :rolleyes:

Ok So i'm getting back on track.

I just read this http://runwithtina.com/blog/weightwatchers-weeks-four-and-five/ ...it's spurred me on. I WANT TO LOSE A SMALL TURKEY!! haha

Anyhow, I'm trying to eat better lunches, so currently having a bowl of Leek & Celeriac soup, a massive bowl of salad with 6 pps of cajun chicken (from the hairy dieters book). Then going to have a Muller light yogurt after. 8pps for lunch that's massive. My jaw is sore from chewing!!

I made the chicken and ham tangle pie last night for dinner. I got 9/10 (lost 1 for not making enough) from my family. I did have to make it with full fat creme fraiche, still trying to increase weight of one family member and I couldn't get half fat anywhere...

I use the avonmore half fat cooking cream and find it lovely. Had the chicken and ham tangle pie myself last night too. Yum Yum.

• Advertisement

I have it ready for dinner tonight after WI. Can't wait for it!! Tesco do a half fat one. I've never had difficulty getting it in any Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Ok This is it 'Get your ass back in gear' I went to Manchester last november and haven't gotten back on track properly since then. But today is the day, have had a tough 2 weeks with sick kids at home. Im afraid to go to wi on Thursday and tell my leader that im still not back on track, she feels like cursing at me and just telling me to cop on. But im going to go, feel good about being back on track today. Really want to get to goal for Easter. Need to get sorted Lunches are really bad lately just laziness (can't spell). Got the Hairy Dieters book for christmas suppose i should start cooking a few things from it. Best of luck to everyone Onwards and Downwards (again!):P

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I'm here stuck in work until half ten tonight! I think I'm going to chance a Subway for dinner (I had planned waffles and beans for later when I get home but I can't last, I feel like my blood sugar is dropping thinking about the wait!).

I am just 4lbs from goal and I STS last week. It would be lovely if I could even get to 1.5, 2lbs this week - it would also be very nice to hit the 10 and a half stone mark. Maybe I'm being overambitious based on how close I am to goal (and that I am currently the lightest I've been as an adult since I was 18!) but here's hoping. My longterm planwas always goal by Easter, but wouldn't it be lovely to get there for Paddy's Day?!

To those of you maintaining - how did you find the last few weeks before you got to goal? Have you any advice?

Non weight loss achievement. The fella is away this evening and I have a reading week at uni so had decided last night to treat myself to the lovely dr oitker pollo pizza in the freezer and looking forward to it all day. I pointed it and when I saw it was 21 points for the whole thing and already knew it wouldn't fill me up and I'd still fancy a treat after I decided No Ta.
    So instead I'm gonna make a nice and filling stir fry chicken breast and veg with 60g cous cous made with a chicken knorr stock pot. 11 propoints, Super tasty, fairly easy, very filling and 7 propoints left of my dailies for a nice treat without going anywhere near my weeklies. Why can't I be like this all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I'm here stuck in work until half ten tonight! I think I'm going to chance a Subway for dinner (I had planned waffles and beans for later when I get home but I can't last, I feel like my blood sugar is dropping thinking about the wait!).

I am just 4lbs from goal and I STS last week. It would be lovely if I could even get to 1.5, 2lbs this week - it would also be very nice to hit the 10 and a half stone mark. Maybe I'm being overambitious based on how close I am to goal (and that I am currently the lightest I've been as an adult since I was 18!) but here's hoping. My longterm planwas always goal by Easter, but wouldn't it be lovely to get there for Paddy's Day?!

To those of you maintaining - how did you find the last few weeks before you got to goal? Have you any advice?

In relation to the Subway (in case you didn't know already), a Turkey and Ham 6 inch is 7PP. Southwest sauce (yum) is 2PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Weigh in today was up a deserved 1.5lb thought it would be more! Decided in morning that i wasnt going wearing my heavy! Jeans to work! Anyway decided to face the music only lying to myself misssing wi. Was away all last week eating crap and no tracking or exercise.
    Anyway onwards and downards for next week :)

Down 1.5lbs :) I have mixed feelings as it's a great loss except after being up 4lbs over the last 2 weeks its not that great. Someone asked here recently why is it so hard to lose weight but so easy to gain. I really wish I knew the answer as I had such a good week this week but only down 1.5lbs. Anyway new week so going to go for another 1.5lbs next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

Is the Hairy Dieters book any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Nesie wrote: »
    Is the Hairy Dieters book any good?
    Yes brilliant, someone here has it pointed on her blog the recipes are amazing and the portions are reasonable, my favourite is the quick prawn and cod gratten, takes 20 minutes to make and my very fussy son eats all of it so that a bonus,
    It uses wine in some of the recepies I found picking up cooking wine from superquinn works best rather than opening a bottle every time you need a tablespoon full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I got my first stone tonight! :D

Advertisement