Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I got my first stone tonight! :D

Congrats. Keep up the good work. Finally got myself back on track on Monday after nearly 2 weeks of losing the run of things. Gained 1.5 this week which is fine and my leader says totally normal to fluctuate while you get into the rythym of maintaining. She took my card and will be getting my gold card next week. She said I can keep my blue card as I have my 7 silver sevens stuck there!! All very exciting ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Congrats on getting your gold card, that's fantastic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Talulah1

layviae wrote: »
    Yes brilliant, someone here has it pointed on her blog the recipes are amazing and the portions are reasonable, my favourite is the quick prawn and cod gratten, takes 20 minutes to make and my very fussy son eats all of it so that a bonus,
    It uses wine in some of the recepies I found picking up cooking wine from superquinn works best rather than opening a bottle every time you need a tablespoon full.
    Hi all. would love to have the Hairy Dieters Pointed if anyone has a link and I might get my Fiancee to join me....In a perfect world :D.
    I had my W.I. tonight and 2.5lbs down again, so thats 6.5 pounds in my first 3 weeks at WW's. Delired and Excired etc..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Talulah1 wrote: »
    Hi all. would love to have the Hairy Dieters Pointed if anyone has a link and I might get my Fiancee to join me....In a perfect world :D.
    I had my W.I. tonight and 2.5lbs down again, so thats 6.5 pounds in my first 3 weeks at WW's. Delired and Excired etc..............

That's my blog! The link is http://59lbstogo.blogspot.com/ and if you search Hairy Dieters you should find the post. I have also blogged a few of the recipes that I have tried as well if you want to give a couple a go before investing in the book.

Well done on such a great first 3 weeks! It's so motivating to see results from your hard work!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

So I didn't go to my WI last night, knowing that I would be up - I'd get fed up and eat all around me!! Instead I went out and did an 8k run. Felt great after it and got me back on track, so looking forward to the rest of the week.

I agree with the creme fraiche being hard to locate. WW have a creme fraiche I got it in Dunnes a few times. Supervalu only have the full fat one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

WI tomorrow will be interesting, it was my sons first birthday yesterday and I was very generous to myself with the cake and goodies lol... Only 1lb away from my first stone and doubt ill get it this week but I enjoyed myself yesterday so I don't really mind... Hope its a sts though and im not up! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Oops felt tired and sore last night so I had two snacks, a cherry bakewell (all belonging to my OH) and chips and chicken kiev for dinner. Feel like all my hard work is now reversed! Damn it! I will have to train extra hard tonight and do a 500 day tomorrow with a run in the evening. I will just have to be hard on myself as punishment for my greediness last night! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Congrats Purple Pawprints - one of my favourite things about Weight Watchers is the little present you get for your milestones (I carry my stone in my wallet and take it out and wonder at it from time to time). Enjoy your achievement - well done. When I lost a stone I sneakily threw fourteen pounds of butter into the basket in Superquinn and carried it up the aisle before tidily putting them back. Fourteen of them weighs a LOT and you'd be wreaked carrying it!

I lost 2 lbs this week, putting me under ten and a half stone for the first time since I was about 18? (am 29 now), with a BMI of 22.6 and just 1lb to my second stone and 2lb to goal!! So close now... Tiny Penguin I will be hoping getting my gold card in the next month or so - it's quite inspirational to hear about somebody getting there.

I am, however (all that being said) going out for dinner tonight and I am having everything. There, feck it, I said it. The week starts tomorrow :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Just in relation to the creme fraiche Tesco do their own brand of Half Fat Creme Fraiche, and i never have a problem getting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

The Pizza Gods must have been looking down yesterday and aware of my sacrifice because today I found out I'm going to Milanos for dinner tomorrow night. Already looked up the calories and the Pollo Ad Astra pizza I want comes in at the same points as the frozen jobby I decided against last night.
    Much happier to use those points on an evening out with friends than waste them sat at home on my tod catching up on Girls episodes, hoping to God I don't look like Hannah when I'm in the nuddy. I don't even think she's particularly overweight but whatever way they shoot that series is not flattering whatsoever, and I can't help wondering if that's what I look like when I'm in my birthday suit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

donnamc5 wrote: »
    hoping to God I don't look like Hannah when I'm in the nuddy. I don't even think she's particularly overweight but whatever way they shoot that series is not flattering whatsoever, and I can't help wondering if that's what I look like when I'm in my birthday suit.

Lena Dunham just has a... weird body. I doubt she'd look overweight if you met her IRL. I just think her proportions are weird or something? But I like that someone less than body beautiful is featured like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Weighed in today after another on-track week and was up 3lb!!! Yikes! Now- there's several reasons for it, and I wasn't bothered really.
    (I weighed later in the day, wearing heavier clothes, totm). Still I hopped off the scales, and went and got myself a bold lunch, and had a dominos for dinner, so I've only got 20 weeklies left now. Yikes!
    I decided that I'm no longer going to weigh in on the Wednesdays I'm working. It totally throws me, coz I'm Always up. I'm going to need to be extra strict this week because of my lack of weeklies... Gggrrr!

Lena Dunham just has a... weird body. I doubt she'd look overweight if you met her IRL. I just think her proportions are weird or something? But I like that someone less than body beautiful is featured like that.

Yeah. That's what I meant really. I don't think she's particularly big, Its just filmed in such a gritty fashion and from every undesirable angle and it got me worrying what the heck I must look like at those rare angles. Haven't looked myself in the mirror since lol It would make it easier for the rest of us mere mortals if more women like her were on TV and less of the plastic fantastics that however hard I try I will never look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Day 3 of Pat Divilly's Detox done, not a gram of sugar consumed, was suffering bad headaches/sickness earlier - which is meant to happen when all the toxins are leaving your body! 4 more days til I can treat myself to chocolate again, yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Was down 1.5 lbs last night! I was hoping for more but a loss is a loss plus i have my totm this wk. i know i wasnt 100% honest with my tracking last wk, to be honest i was brutal so going to try track religiously this wk and stick to it! Our leader last night was teliing up about an app Ultimate Diary and i downloaded it last night and it looks pretty impressive alright!
    Have a girls wkend away this friday to a spa so thats a bit of a challenge but will try my best and take it easy on the alcohol! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Morning ladies.
    Anyone pps for sushi? I had 5 small salmon maki's last night. Being generous, I'm taking the rice as 4, salmon as 2 and the seaweed as 1 ??
    I also had vegetable gyoza, steamed. not sure what's even in them so can't point. They're kinda like dumplings?
    Thanks a mil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Had a bit of an off day yesterday. Went over my dailies, thank the Lord for weeklies. Hope to have a better day today.

Morning ladies.
    Anyone pps for sushi? I had 5 small salmon maki's last night. Being generous, I'm taking the rice as 4, salmon as 2 and the seaweed as 1 ??
    I also had vegetable gyoza, steamed. not sure what's even in them so can't point. They're kinda like dumplings?
    Thanks a mil

Hi. I put it into UK ww online tracker and got 3 pps for 1 portion yo sushi maki & futomaki salmon maki and also 3 pps for 1 portion yo sushi vegetable gyoza. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been following the old Discovery Plan as propoints did not work for me when I first tried it. I feel like I need to shake things up so I have decided to give propoints another go. Only thing is I've no idea how many points I should be on. Is there anyway I can find this out or will I have to wait until my WI next week? My stats are female, 5'5" and 13st 8lbs.

Eabhabear. Not sure how accurate this is but found it online -
    http://www.wikihow.com/Work-out-Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-Allowance.
    I get 23 and obv 26 is the lowest but it might give you a rough estimate unless someone has the Ultimate points Diary app which I used to have on my old phone and that is good for calculating points.

• Advertisement

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Eabhabear. Not sure how accurate this is but found it online -
    http://www.wikihow.com/Work-out-Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-Allowance.
    I get 23 and obv 26 is the lowest but it might give you a rough estimate unless someone has the Ultimate points Diary app which I used to have on my old phone and that is good for calculating points.

Thanks. I'll see can I download the app myself.

Eabhabear wrote: »

Thanks. I'll see can I download the app myself.

I have an app with a calculator. It asks for age too though?

ck83 wrote: »
    I have an app with a calculator. It asks for age too though?

23 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

I got my first stone tonight! :D

Well done - its a great feeling!!! Well over a dress size now!
    Congrats. Keep up the good work. Finally got myself back on track on Monday after nearly 2 weeks of losing the run of things. Gained 1.5 this week which is fine and my leader says totally normal to fluctuate while you get into the rythym of maintaining. She took my card and will be getting my gold card next week. She said I can keep my blue card as I have my 7 silver sevens stuck there!! All very exciting ðŸ˜႒

How exciting getting your gold card. Well done tiny. And glad you are getting back on track!
    Congrats Purple Pawprints - one of my favourite things about Weight Watchers is the little present you get for your milestones (I carry my stone in my wallet and take it out and wonder at it from time to time). Enjoy your achievement - well done. When I lost a stone I sneakily threw fourteen pounds of butter into the basket in Superquinn and carried it up the aisle before tidily putting them back. Fourteen of them weighs a LOT and you'd be wreaked carrying it!

I lost 2 lbs this week, putting me under ten and a half stone for the first time since I was about 18? (am 29 now), with a BMI of 22.6 and just 1lb to my second stone and 2lb to goal!! So close now... Tiny Penguin I will be hoping getting my gold card in the next month or so - it's quite inspirational to hear about somebody getting there.

I am, however (all that being said) going out for dinner tonight and I am having everything. There, feck it, I said it. The week starts tomorrow :-P

Ha - I love your idea of caryying the butter around. We forget so easily how much hard it is on ourselves lugging the weight around. I love when they do that on biggest looser too and they have to then exercise!
    Well done on your journey and gold is but a step away!!! Bring it on for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Weigh in tonight. Not sure at all how its gonna fair. Very mixed week. PMT has me craving badly. I'd slightly give in. But then balanced with walks n runs n 30day shred. I also have an attitude of this is life - not in a permission to slip way... but more acknowledgement of there'll be weeks where life, be it TOTM, general crap, birthdays or trips happen and weight loss isn't always going to be there... but if I work hard that maybe I'll tone more that week or balance it out. Last year I'd gotten so sick of the weekly punishment feeling of weigh ins. Its hard to change that mindset and view the overall journey more month on month than a weekly oh I did bad ... boo!
    Hope that makes sense!!!

23 :)
    My calculator says 31. Don't know if it's accurate, but it's probably not too far off!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been following the old Discovery Plan as propoints did not work for me when I first tried it. I feel like I need to shake things up so I have decided to give propoints another go. Only thing is I've no idea how many points I should be on. Is there anyway I can find this out or will I have to wait until my WI next week? My stats are female, 5'5" and 13st 8lbs.

Just tried this there and it seems to be accurate......
    http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/Daily-Propoints-Target-Calculator.php

Thanks guys. I think it might actually be 31. I vaguely remember that when I rejoined but wasn't paying much attention. I'm hoping that by switching to propoints I'll get the newbie feeling and motivation. I could use some of that atm. It coincides nicely with it being 1st March tomorrow. February was not a good month for me so March hopefully will be better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

OK, so WI last night and I'm up 2.5lbs. Is there an emoticon for f**k? I knew it wasn't going to be good but aaarrrrgggghhhh.

Last week was a complete week of being out and not doing any one day very bad but the amalgamation of them all......just too much.
    Though on Saturday I went to Wagamamas and pointed it on Monday and holy moley the points in that are shocking for effectively stir-fried chicken, veg and rice.

I know I should just start again, but I'm away this weekend - so another weekend of not being able to prepare at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

WI yesterday, down 2.5lbs, just one more to go for my first stone, hope to get that next week, if i lose more than 1lb I'll be in the 11s for the first time in over a year. Well pleased, weekends still a disaster, but tried the 500 cal thing a couple of days last week and really think it helped. Well done to those who had losses this week.just going to continue on the way i am,not going to stress out over a bad day or two. Good luck to everyone for the coming week.:D

Advertisement