Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

WI today and thankfully after not being good for quiet some time that i had a STS. But i am fully back on track since Tuesday and feel all the better for it. 7lbs to Goal would love that for Easter but that might be a bit of a push at this stage but fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

bb86 wrote: »
    Was down 1.5 lbs last night! I was hoping for more but a loss is a loss plus i have my totm this wk. i know i wasnt 100% honest with my tracking last wk, to be honest i was brutal so going to try track religiously this wk and stick to it! Our leader last night was teliing up about an app Ultimate Diary and i downloaded it last night and it looks pretty impressive alright!
    Have a girls wkend away this friday to a spa so thats a bit of a challenge but will try my best and take it easy on the alcohol! :)

Is that app for Android or Iphone? Does it cost anything, if so how much? (I can't find it on the Google Play Store (Android).

While I am on the subject, does anyone else have any recommendations for WW Diary app's? I have a WW calculator on my phone already.

Going to start using the app as something to spur me on and also because I can't get to meetings because of work. Nice being able to enter your stuff on the bus home because I always forget when I am at home because all I literally do is shower, make/eat dinner and then go to bed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Down 1.5 tonight getting me my first stone woohoo! Total loss of 14.5lbs so far! If I lose another 1.5 next week ill get my 10% too so something to aim for this week! Well done on your losses this week guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

OK, so WI last night and I'm up 2.5lbs. Is there an emoticon for f**k? I knew it wasn't going to be good but aaarrrrgggghhhh.

Last week was a complete week of being out and not doing any one day very bad but the amalgamation of them all......just too much.
    Though on Saturday I went to Wagamamas and pointed it on Monday and holy moley the points in that are shocking for effectively stir-fried chicken, veg and rice.

I know I should just start again, but I'm away this weekend - so another weekend of not being able to prepare at home.

! was up this week too after missing wi last week. I had 3 nights out and a few takeaways in there as well as poor choices and lack of tracking! But its definately shown me how easy it is to put the weight back on! Just start a clean slate and do your best! Enjoy the weekend but try pick smart options. Maybe you could earn some extra activity points to help limit the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Monife wrote: »

Is that app for Android or Iphone? Does it cost anything, if so how much? (I can't find it on the Google Play Store (Android).
    I have an iphone so not sure if its available on androids but id say if its not there would defo be something similiar! It cost me €2.69 or there abouts! Used it today anyway and thought it was good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Talulah1

HI all,
    Had a bad day today and topped it off with white toast and real butter. I will be pounding the pavements over the few days. TOTM didn't help at all, just feel exhausted. MaryFred, well done to hitting your first stone shortly hopefully will have my first Silver 7 next Tuesday. Try again 2012, god what I would give to be just 7lbs from Goal you must really have worked hard. Well done. Just think all those spring and summer gunas choices :). Deni86, well done on your loss this week. Looks like I will be on my own here over the next at least 12 months trying to get to my ultimate goal. Had a quick look at my favourite takeaway which is something I would only have ordered once a month and it is a stupid amount of Points (50 points!!!) so maybe I will try to order a healthier option if there is one. Chinese is my favourite,,Spicy noodles, Chicken Balls, Curry Sauce and Egg fried rice. Nom Nom!! okay bad day but onwards and upwards. Talk soon
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Talulah1 wrote: »
    Looks like I will be on my own here over the next at least 12 months trying to get to my ultimate goal. Had a quick look at my favourite takeaway which is something I would only have ordered once a month and it is a stupid amount of Points (50 points!!!) so maybe I will try to order a healthier option if there is one. Chinese is my favourite,,Spicy noodles, Chicken Balls, Curry Sauce and Egg fried rice. Nom Nom!! okay bad day but onwards and upwards. Talk soon
    T

I'll be here with you!!! We're in this for the long haul!
    Wow that's alot of points for one meal - would you try some of the fake away recipes in the Hairy Dieters book?

Also, there's a curry sauce by Aruna (www.aruna.ie) in Superquinn and Supervalu, look at the stockists page on the website. You'll find it in the fresh chilled aisle, by the fresh pasta and the likes. It's quite low for the pack - 3ppts for the Curry, 13 for the Korma and if you got the M&S skinny fries you can recreate Curry Chips for low enough points.

Sillysmiles - where did you get the pps for Wagamamas? I love their chicken ramen and a few sneaky gyozas.

I STS this week which is good.
    I've used the Model My Diet website to try to motivate myself to get my as* in gear.
    I also printed off a little poem that's stuck to my desk...

260.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I have an iphone so not sure if its available on androids but id say if its not there would defo be something similiar! It cost me €2.69 or there abouts! Used it today anyway and thought it was good!

I have it for the andriod phone, the new one for 2013 is called the ultimate food value diary 2013 and is €2.49 I have an older version but find it great. It's so much easier than pulling out the tracker and a pen every day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

HI all,
    Had a bad day today and topped it off with white toast and real butter. I will be pounding the pavements over the few days. TOTM didn't help at all, just feel exhausted. MaryFred, well done to hitting your first stone shortly hopefully will have my first Silver 7 next Tuesday. Try again 2012, god what I would give to be just 7lbs from Goal you must really have worked hard. Well done. Just think all those spring and summer gunas choices :). Deni86, well done on your loss this week. Looks like I will be on my own here over the next at least 12 months trying to get to my ultimate goal. Had a quick look at my favourite takeaway which is something I would only have ordered once a month and it is a stupid amount of Points (50 points!!!) so maybe I will try to order a healthier option if there is one. Chinese is my favourite,,Spicy noodles, Chicken Balls, Curry Sauce and Egg fried rice. Nom Nom!! okay bad day but onwards and upwards. Talk soon
    T

I'll be here another year or two (already been here the last 2years) im down 4stone, have another 4stone 10pounds for my we goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

HI all,
    T

I've another two stone to go aswell- don't you worry- there'll be plenty people here with you!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

HI all,
    T

I'm here as well :D Still slugging away trying to get the weight off. I've about 3 stone to lose but will be happy with to get two off for now and then focus on the last one slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Looks like I will be on my own here over the next at least 12 months trying to get to my ultimate goal.

I'll be here too, still got 2&half stone to go! and am after slowing down big time with my losses every wk!! Need to get back on track and do it properly!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Monife wrote: »

While I am on the subject, does anyone else have any recommendations for WW Diary app's? I have a WW calculator on my phone already.

Going to start using the app as something to spur me on and also because I can't get to meetings because of work. Nice being able to enter your stuff on the bus home because I always forget when I am at home because all I literally do is shower, make/eat dinner and then go to bed!!

I just downloaded it there and I already love it :D It's so handy for recording everything and pointing. Definitely no excuses now! I'm officially starting propoints tomorrow so it's coming in handy. I've spent yesterday and today pointing everything and this has made it so much easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

HI all,
    T

I'll be here for at least 2 years. I had lost almost 4 stone but in the last 18 months I have regained 2 stone! <Ashamed, disgusted face> (cant do smileys on my fone). I have at least 6 stone to go. I am only 1/4 on the wagon at the moment. Once I get into a routine at work, I hope to get back on track. Really struggling at the mo.. Hope I cop on soon because I am really depressed about my weight ( but it still doesnt stop me eating junk!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Had to share this picture! It doesn't even do it justice but this was the hairy bikers' coconut prawn curry! I've never used curry paste or coconut milk etc... before but this is a new favourite!!!!

20130301_172411_zpsbeb2e306.jpg

I always up the veg content of their dinners too, hence all the veg! :)

AMAZING!

Served with cauliflower rice btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Morning Guys. I had a STS thurs. Happy enough. 7lbs in 4 weeks still! And as others have said I'll be here. 2 stone to gold for me. Keep chipping away! Have a good w/e!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Served with cauliflower rice btw!

That looks amazing, I've frozen prawns that need using up so might make that tomorrow.

What's this about cauliflower rice? Explain please!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

That looks amazing, I've frozen prawns that need using up so might make that tomorrow.

What's this about cauliflower rice? Explain please!!!

I take about half a head of cauliflower and put it in the food processor and blitz it till it'sike course breadcrumbs. Season it and add about a tsp or so of water and microwave for 5 mins.

Im trying to do lower carb so it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Katrina1980

What is the app called?

I take about half a head of cauliflower and put it in the food processor and blitz it till it'sike course breadcrumbs. Season it and add about a tsp or so of water and microwave for 5 mins.

Im trying to do lower carb so it's great!

Well I gotta get me some Cauliflower and try that - thanks for the tip!

• Advertisement

What a w/e. Went to Maos last night for dinner for friends birthday. Not great choices... but its more the never ending Mojitos... I don't even want to know how many points. I've managed not to eat through my hangover... more cos I'm not feeling great. But I am feeling good cos other times I'd think thats it and one bad night would lead to days of bad choices. Instead I've already planned out my menu for tomorrow with lots of good choices. So hey maybe I'm finally getting this balance of life & WW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm really not sure what kind of week I had. :confused:

Going to start c25k tomorrow. Have downloaded the app for my phone. Would it be too much to do that along with my normal walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Oh my dearie me - what a great couple of days, but I am scared of the scales on Wednesday... I was out for dinner on Wed and had an amazing time. I managed to stick to just a main course but it entirely consisted of cream, cheese and carbs. Delicious but desperate if you get me. And I just feel like I haven't managed to get back on track yet - I'd a big sandwich and wedges for dinner yesterday, because I was away for the night and needed something substantial to keep me going. And sur a FEED of drink last night, which has me agonising over food all day - I had a bag of taytos earlier for the first time in months and while they were delicious I've awful guilts from it. Now, I am proud that I'd no chips last night, and even when I was craving them earlier this evening, I had two Dunnes potato waffles, some baked beans and a bit of Dubliner light cheese grated over for my tea instead. So I've been OK but not great either.

I am planning to be EXTREMELY virtuous for the next three days and hopefully I can pull a STS on Wednesday. After the high of a good loss last week and being just 2lbs to goal, I'm a wee bit disappointed in myself. However, all I can do is start again, make some 0pp soup for the next few days.

Oh and I've great plans afoot to do a vegetarian version of the hairy bikers coconut curry above - that looks AMAZERBEAMS! I'm thinking of a tofu or quorn 'chicken' version - and that rice looks amazing! I made cauliflower chocolate cake for 3pp for a HUGE slice earlier last week - noone actually knew that it was cauliflower and they were amazed to hear that it was when I told them afterwards. My new habit with baked goods (even WW friendly recipes!) is to carry samples around with me and push them on people, so I don't end up eating them all myself.

Oh my dearie me - what a great couple of days, but I am scared of the scales on Wednesday... I was out for dinner on Wed and had an amazing time. I managed to stick to just a main course but it entirely consisted of cream, cheese and carbs. Delicious but desperate if you get me. And I just feel like I haven't managed to get back on track yet - I'd a big sandwich and wedges for dinner yesterday, because I was away for the night and needed something substantial to keep me going. And sur a FEED of drink last night, which has me agonising over food all day - I had a bag of taytos earlier for the first time in months and while they were delicious I've awful guilts from it. Now, I am proud that I'd no chips last night, and even when I was craving them earlier this evening, I had two Dunnes potato waffles, some baked beans and a bit of Dubliner light cheese grated over for my tea instead. So I've been OK but not great either.

I am planning to be EXTREMELY virtuous for the next three days and hopefully I can pull a STS on Wednesday. After the high of a good loss last week and being just 2lbs to goal, I'm a wee bit disappointed in myself. However, all I can do is start again, make some 0pp soup for the next few days.

Oh and I've great plans afoot to do a vegetarian version of the hairy bikers coconut curry above - that looks AMAZERBEAMS! I'm thinking of a tofu or quorn 'chicken' version - and that rice looks amazing! I made cauliflower chocolate cake for 3pp for a HUGE slice earlier last week - noone actually knew that it was cauliflower and they were amazed to hear that it was when I told them afterwards. My new habit with baked goods (even WW friendly recipes!) is to carry samples around with me and push them on people, so I don't end up eating them all myself.

Cauliflower chocolate cake??? Spill the beans!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Katrina1980

Anyone know the name of the iPhone app that helps you to propoint foods quickly while out shopping? Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Anyone know the name of the iPhone app that helps you to propoint foods quickly while out shopping? Please

iWatchr or Value Diary are the 2 apps I use.

I use my score plus

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

ck83 wrote: »
    Cauliflower chocolate cake??? Spill the beans!!!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/18/cauliflower-chocolate-cake/

It is amazing. Her pp is based on 9 slices and they are 4pp each (as I made the oil version), but I cut them into 16 slices and added Reeces pieces peanut butter and chocolate frosting (recipe also on site) for approximately 3pp per decent sized slice. Very worth it. With the cauliflower, I defrosted frozen cauli and blended with a stick blender with the other wet ingredients, then passed it through a sieve to ensure that there were no lumps of cauliflower in my cake.

See pic attached...

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/18/cauliflower-chocolate-cake/

It is amazing. Her pp is based on 9 slices and they are 4pp each (as I made the oil version), but I cut them into 16 slices and added Reeces pieces peanut butter and chocolate frosting (recipe also on site) for approximately 3pp per decent sized slice. Very worth it. With the cauliflower, I defrosted frozen cauli and blended with a stick blender with the other wet ingredients, then passed it through a sieve to ensure that there were no lumps of cauliflower in my cake.

See pic attached...

I came across her site a while back, that looks pretty darn good! I officially finished my 7 day detox yesterday. I'm continuing with most elements of it though so really i guess I could say I'm on day 8. Weigh in tonight, nervous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Another disaster of a weekend...enjoyed every minute of it though!!

I really need to cop on, haven't been in the "WW zone" for the past two weeks. Definetly going to WI and meeting tomorrow evening.

Away again on saturday night so I really need to be extra good until then.

Advertisement