Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Well, I was down the grand sum of 0.2lbs this week. I guess anything is better than a gain and I used all my dailies, weeklies and activity points so can't really give out. Will aim to be better this week. Going to try and get out on the Dublin bikes this week at lunch times and then hoping to start cycle commuting twice a week after the bank hol weekend. Did go for a good hike around Howth Summit yesterday since the weather was good. Went with the fella which meant trying to keep up with him the whole time so that kept the heart rate up for sure. Was staring daggers at his super speedy back the entire time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

WI in tonight am Im dreading it! Had a good week the nest I've had in a long time by far. I used all my dailies and weeklies but regretting using all the weeklies now was am due TOTM soon and have a feeling I'll be up because of it even though I was good all week... :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I did day 1 of C25k today. Was ok but I'm very unfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Hi Everyone,
    i've been following this thread for a few weeks now, getting inspired and motivated! I have lost 8lbs so far and have another 14 to go. My weekend was all over the shop in terms of points, i've managed to go 20 OVER after using mu dailies and all my weeklies! My weigh in is wednesday. My daily allowance is 27. I'm thinking of going on 20 today, tues and wed or would this put my body in "starvation mode"...whatever that is?! Obviously i'm trying to drink loads of water, eat lots of zero point fruit and veg too...any advice welcomed!
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Down 2lbs :) let the clean eating and yuckly wheatgrass continue! Ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

I'm really not sure what kind of week I had. :confused:

Going to start c25k tomorrow. Have downloaded the app for my phone. Would it be too much to do that along with my normal walk?

Well done on starting c25k. I know when I started I tend to run 3 days a week and walk the others. So like Mon/Wed and Fri / Sat for my runs. Gave my body n muscles a chance to recover on the days in between. Hope that helps.
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/18/cauliflower-chocolate-cake/

It is amazing. Her pp is based on 9 slices and they are 4pp each (as I made the oil version), but I cut them into 16 slices and added Reeces pieces peanut butter and chocolate frosting (recipe also on site) for approximately 3pp per decent sized slice. Very worth it. With the cauliflower, I defrosted frozen cauli and blended with a stick blender with the other wet ingredients, then passed it through a sieve to ensure that there were no lumps of cauliflower in my cake.

See pic attached...

Thanks for that... your pic looks fantastic. Terrified I'd eat the lot in one sitting... but I still might try that this w/e! Looks like I'll be buying lots of cauliflower!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Omg had an absolutely great wkend away but just attenpted to point it and there is a major yikes!!!!! Really the food was fab and was too good to resist, that along with my will power or lack of it just meant a massive over indulgence! I did a good bit of exercise over the wkend at the same time but think the food consumed will out weigh the lot! To say im dreading weigh in on wed nyt is an under statement! :(

gragirl wrote: »
    Well done on starting c25k. I know when I started I tend to run 3 days a week and walk the others. So like Mon/Wed and Fri / Sat for my runs. Gave my body n muscles a chance to recover on the days in between. Hope that helps.

That's what I was planning actually. Mon/Wed/Fri for runs and walk the other days. That's a great help though thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Taz1 wrote: »
    Down 2lbs :) let the clean eating and yuckly wheatgrass continue! Ha.

Where did you get your wheatgrass and glutamine? Were they expensive?

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Where did you get your wheatgrass and glutamine? Were they expensive?

A shop called The NutriCentre, in or around 20 euro each for medium sized tubs that look like they'll do me a few months anyway! Are u doing the detox??

• Advertisement

A shop called The NutriCentre, in or around 20 euro each for medium sized tubs that look like they'll do me a few months anyway! Are u doing the detox??

Not yet. Its something I want to try in the coming weeks. I was looking at the sample meal plan and there's some foods on it that I don't eat so I want to come up with an alternative plan. Do you follow his plan exactly?

Not yet. Its something I want to try in the coming weeks. I was looking at the sample meal plan and there's some foods on it that I don't eat so I want to come up with an alternative plan. Do you follow his plan exactly?

Nah, I don't follow is plan exactly, but I do eat the majority of the same foods (greens, chicken, eggs, nuts etc), take the 3 supplements daily and stick to the same snack and meal intervals...

WI tonight. Have no idea what kinda of week I had. I went walking everyday but food-wise I'm not really sure.

Nah, I don't follow is plan exactly, but I do eat the majority of the same foods (greens, chicken, eggs, nuts etc), take the 3 supplements daily and stick to the same snack and meal intervals...

I have been reading up on wheatgrass and it sounds really good. I'm trying to clean up my diet anyway so I think I'll start by taking the supplements as I already drink a ton of water and take fish oil tablets. What is the name of the wheat grass and gluatimine you use as I was looking on Amazon and they have a few there just don't know if they're a good quality brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Sillysmiles - where did you get the pps for Wagamamas? I love their chicken ramen and a few sneaky gyozas.

I found the nutritional information on the website, the UK one.

Here: http://www.wagamama.com/dietary/nutrition-info

I have been reading up on wheatgrass and it sounds really good. I'm trying to clean up my diet anyway so I think I'll start by taking the supplements as I already drink a ton of water and take fish oil tablets. What is the name of the wheat grass and gluatimine you use as I was looking on Amazon and they have a few there just don't know if they're a good quality brand.

I have to say I found the first 2 or 3 days tough, suffered from headache, fatigue and flu-like symptoms but apparently thats normal as its a sign of the bad toxins being released from your body! Once I got over that, I have to say I felt great! The wheatgrass I bought is by a brand called Synergy Natural and its 100% Organic Wheatgrass, the glutamine I bought is by a brand called reflex and the called L-Glutamine for energy and endurance. I'd love to know how you get on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Just made a yummy low point dessert. Chopped up strawberry pieces, a crumbled 1 point mini merangue nest and some low fat spray cream. Yum Yum for 2 points. Sort of low point eton mess. I set the rest of the chopped strawberries in some strawberry jelly for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

I'm absolutely craving something sweet, and I don't have a sweet tooth. I've ransacked the house looking for anything resembling chocolate. Half thinking of walking to the shop and getting some!! WI is tomorrow and I've been on track all week, so hoping for a couple of lbs down. I know one bar of something isn't going to derail me, I just have to figure out whether the craving is enough to make me decamp off the couch!! It's awfully cold out!!:)

I have to say I found the first 2 or 3 days tough, suffered from headache, fatigue and flu-like symptoms but apparently thats normal as its a sign of the bad toxins being released from your body! Once I got over that, I have to say I felt great! The wheatgrass I bought is by a brand called Synergy Natural and its 100% Organic Wheatgrass, the glutamine I bought is by a brand called reflex and the called L-Glutamine for energy and endurance. I'd love to know how you get on :)

Thanks. I'm going to give the supplements a go alongside my normal WW diet. I have had a really bad week and food went out the window (excuses excuses). Work yet again gets in the way of my WI tonight. Tomorrow is a new day, start of a new WW week so going to give it my all.
    maryfred wrote: »
    I'm absolutely craving something sweet, and I don't have a sweet tooth. I've ransacked the house looking for anything resembling chocolate. Half thinking of walking to the shop and getting some!! WI is tomorrow and I've been on track all week, so hoping for a couple of lbs down. I know one bar of something isn't going to derail me, I just have to figure out whether the craving is enough to make me decamp off the couch!! It's awfully cold out!!:)

This is going to sound stupid but walk to the shop anyway but don't bring any money with you. Its a trick I learnt in a book I'm reading. If you are craving junk food like that and feel an urge to go to the shop...go but don't bring money with you. Its gets you out of the house, some fresh air and time to yourself and you can't buy anything because you don't have money!

Another 2lbs down! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

excellent idea eabhabear!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

I need help. I've been doing kettle bells and spinning every week for the past 3 weeks while following weight watchers, allowing myself 39 points per day. I am 19 stone and 5ft 10 in height. I have not lost any weight in 3 weeks. Any ideas? I have taken bread out of my diet for a boost but still no change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I need help. I've been doing kettle bells and spinning every week for the past 3 weeks while following weight watchers, allowing myself 39 points per day. I am 19 stone and 5ft 10 in height. I have not lost any weight in 3 weeks. Any ideas? I have taken bread out of my diet for a boost but still no change.
    did someone tell you to eat 39 pp per day, or did you just decide? It doesn't sound like enough pp based on the info you gave.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

ck83 wrote: »
    did someone tell you to eat 39 pp per day, or did you just decide? It doesn't sound like enough pp based on the info you gave.
    I worked it out at 50 or so but only using 39.

That's your problem then. You need to eat your full daily allowance or you will find it difficult to lose weight. Even if you lose now eating 39 you will eventually plateau. WW works by reducing your points allowance as you lose the weight. If you eat lower than you're supposed to you won't have anything to lower it to. Look at introducing more lean protein and healthy fats into your diet. Use full fat items like cheese instead of low fat alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

As eabhabear said... There's your problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I had my WI last night & STS. I was delighted as I was convinced I'd be up a pound or two.

I'm really anxious about the next few weeks. I'm away this weekend, then it's paddy's weekend, we have two 4-day-weeks at work after that, then it's easter. I'm afraid with all these days off I'll just fall off the wagon. I haven't lost any weight since I had my huge 5lb loss in early Feb....I'm half a stone off goal & I don't want it to be 10-12 lbs after easter but I know I'm going to really struggle over the next few weeks as I find a night out just eats your weekly points.

Sorry had to get that off my chest...!

Natmus wrote: »
    I had my WI last night & STS. I was delighted as I was convinced I'd be up a pound or two.

I'm really anxious about the next few weeks. I'm away this weekend, then it's paddy's weekend, we have two 4-day-weeks at work after that, then it's easter. I'm afraid with all these days off I'll just fall off the wagon. I haven't lost any weight since I had my huge 5lb loss in early Feb....I'm half a stone off goal & I don't want it to be 10-12 lbs after easter but I know I'm going to really struggle over the next few weeks as I find a night out just eats your weekly points.

Sorry had to get that off my chest...!

Maybe look at maintaining for the next few weeks and then focus on losing the last half stone after Easter? Still track and point everything and exercise where possible just re-adjust your expectations on the scales. If you go to meetings this may be difficult as you're paying every week but who knows you may still lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Wi at home yesterday morning and I was 10 7 jumped up again this morning and I'm
    10 11 - seriously this can't b right surely??

• Advertisement

New WW week (for me!). My first official week on propoints. I ordered the wheatgrass and glutamine last night so hopefully should be here tomorrow. I have 13 weeks until a family event and then 17 weeks until my holiday. Dreaming I would love 2 stone off by holidays. Being more realistic I'll take a stone plus. Then after my holiday I am going to focus on getting to goal no matter how long it takes. I have just under 3 stone to lose in total but from previous experience I can never seem to lose that last stone. I know it may seem like I repeat this every couple weeks (which I do) but since January I have not been in the right frame of mind. I have been trying to juggle work/overtime with family and friends and constant tiredness. Tiredness and stress are definitely two triggers for binge eating for me. It really is a miracle I haven't put on another stone and have pretty much managed to maintain. I am slowly getting into the right frame of mind by not just following WW but making other changes in my life. Sorry for the long winded post but in the absence of a counsellor, this thread is the next best option :D

Advertisement