Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Morning all,

I was down .5 last night, had to go to a different meeting as won't make my usual one on Thurs. Delighted with the loss, even though it's very small.

Going to a different class made me realise just how much I "fit" with my normal leader. I found the class last night awfully boring!! I got no ideas from it, learnt nothing new and really found it a bit blahhhh.
    Each to their own though.:)
    Thanks everyone! Am so delighted. I was saying earlier in class I first joined WW when I was 17 and in all the times I have joined and rejoined I have never hit goal! I never would have quite before if I knew how good this felt :-)

This is a bit odd, but I saw you in class las night! (the leader pointed Tiny out by the way, I wasn't stalking ;) ) WOW you look amazing Tiny, congratulations. I hope you put a before and after photo on your blog, you really look fabulous.

Also, great idea for The Saucy Fish meals, I'm going to have fish cakes tonight.
    Wi at home yesterday morning and I was 10 7 jumped up again this morning and I'm
    10 11 - seriously this can't b right surely??
    It's been said many times on here, don't weigh yourself everyday. There's no point, you'll weigh differently every day as your water retention etc fluctuates. It'll do you no favours!!

Eabhabear - I'm totally with you on the stress and tiredness and binge eating. It's an awful curse. I'm waiting for the weight loss that will give me more energy!! And don't worry about not being in the right frame of mind, I haven't been either for the past year. But I do know that if I didn't go to class or come on here, I would most definately but 12 stone 7 again and I will NOT go back to that. Just remember, you can do this.

Wow that was a long post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Going to a different class made me realise just how much I "fit" with my normal leader. I found the class last night awfully boring!! I got no ideas from it, learnt nothing new and really found it a bit blahhhh.
    Each to their own though.:)

This is a bit odd, but I saw you in class las night! (the leader pointed Tiny out by the way, I wasn't stalking ;) ) WOW you look amazing Tiny, congratulations. I hope you put a before and after photo on your blog, you really look fabulous.

It's been said many times on here, don't weigh yourself everyday. There's no point, you'll weigh differently every day as your water retention etc fluctuates. It'll do you no favours!!

Eabhabear - I'm totally with you on the stress and tiredness and binge eating. It's an awful curse. I'm waiting for the weight loss that will give me more energy!! And don't worry about not being in the right frame of mind, I haven't been either for the past year. But I do know that if I didn't go to class or come on here, I would most definately but 12 stone 7 again and I will NOT go back to that. Just remember, you can do this.

Wow that was a long post :D

Thanks for the support. I know myself if I hadn't gone to meetings I would be another stone up. It has been awkward and embarrassing as I am now the same weight as I was when I rejoined back in December but I'm not going to let it get to me.

I think you were at my usual meeting (I couldn't go last night). I say this because Tiny I think I saw you last week at the meeting when you asked the leader if you could keep your old card with the silver sevens on it. You were in front of me in the line!

Flowerpower its funny that you say that about the leader because I have had mixed feelings about her (if I am right about it being the same meeting). She's lovely and I love weighing in with her but I find the actual meetings to be a bit rushed and not really informative. My old leader used to do very good meetings and I think I might switch back to her in the summer months when work is not as intense and I'm home earlier.

Well done on your loss! 0.5lb is still 0.5lb gone that won't be coming back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Flowerpower its funny that you say that about the leader because I have had mixed feelings about her (if I am right about it being the same meeting). She's lovely and I love weighing in with her but I find the actual meetings to be a bit rushed and not really informative. My old leader used to do very good meetings and I think I might switch back to her in the summer months when work is not as intense and I'm home earlier.

Don't feel embarrased, be proud and grateful you're not up another stone! I've been in meeting since Sept '11 and have lost a stone but yoyo-ed constantly.

That's hilarious about the meeting! You're right the leader was so encouraging at the scales, and I felt great jumping off. But then it stopped at that? She did say that the next 20 mins was "our time to listen to her" but to be honest, I always think that other members have great ideas and a leader needs to drive the meeting more than anything. The meeting is very quick indeed. I'd defo recommend my leader, having been to about 6 different ones now, I especially don't feel like I'm going to confession about my drinking as I have done before. :D

Don't feel embarrased, be proud and grateful you're not up another stone! I've been in meeting since Sept '11 and have lost a stone but yoyo-ed constantly.

That's hilarious about the meeting! You're right the leader was so encouraging at the scales, and I felt great jumping off. But then it stopped at that? She did say that the next 20 mins was "our time to listen to her" but to be honest, I always think that other members have great ideas and a leader needs to drive the meeting more than anything. The meeting is very quick indeed. I'd defo recommend my leader, having been to about 6 different ones now, I especially don't feel like I'm going to confession about my drinking as I have done before. :D

The thing that bugs me the most is she tends to get distracted and easily goes off the point. As a result the main topic of the meeting gets squashed into the last few minutes.

What meeting do you normally go to? I'm always looking for good leaders. Because of work I sometimes have to go to different meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Natmus wrote: »
    I had my WI last night & STS. I was delighted as I was convinced I'd be up a pound or two.

I'm really anxious about the next few weeks. I'm away this weekend, then it's paddy's weekend, we have two 4-day-weeks at work after that, then it's easter. I'm afraid with all these days off I'll just fall off the wagon. I haven't lost any weight since I had my huge 5lb loss in early Feb....I'm half a stone off goal & I don't want it to be 10-12 lbs after easter but I know I'm going to really struggle over the next few weeks as I find a night out just eats your weekly points.

Sorry had to get that off my chest...!

Natmus I share your concerns, so much so even though I feel I need some hols I'm afraid to book anymore time off with the long w/e. One tip I've found motivates me on... is checking in here over the course of the w/e. Reminds me I'm not alone. And I can do this cos others out there are doing it. This has become my positive crutch!
    New WW week (for me!). My first official week on propoints. I ordered the wheatgrass and glutamine last night so hopefully should be here tomorrow. I have 13 weeks until a family event and then 17 weeks until my holiday. Dreaming I would love 2 stone off by holidays. Being more realistic I'll take a stone plus. Then after my holiday I am going to focus on getting to goal no matter how long it takes. I have just under 3 stone to lose in total but from previous experience I can never seem to lose that last stone. I know it may seem like I repeat this every couple weeks (which I do) but since January I have not been in the right frame of mind. I have been trying to juggle work/overtime with family and friends and constant tiredness. Tiredness and stress are definitely two triggers for binge eating for me. It really is a miracle I haven't put on another stone and have pretty much managed to maintain. I am slowly getting into the right frame of mind by not just following WW but making other changes in my life. Sorry for the long winded post but in the absence of a counsellor, this thread is the next best option :D

Eabhabear - I know others have posted since but really wanted to say you have done soooo well. I know you've said its been a struggle, but you've not given in... by virtue of retaining a STS. So recognise that effort. Plus the tiredness, the dark nights... it all has an effect. But as you say you have goals (similar weight to gold to me!) and you can do this. And the wheatgrass defo helps the energy levels. You'll be in the grove in no time!

• Advertisement

Put on a pair of trousers I'd not worn comfortably since early December today. They were creating so many lumps n bumps and I know 3 weeks ago gave me serious indigestion they cut in so bad on my tummy. But today...they are comfortable. Its these little things that give me the boost on the journey.... defo going for a run tonight. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Down 4.5lb this morn! Woo hoo! I had to explain to my leader that it wasn't as impressive as it sounded, because of last weeks false (3lb) gain, when I weighed later in the day. At least now I know I was right!
    I'm two and a half lb away from the weight I was when I went back to work in August. My current mini goals are 1)lose that 2.5lb. 2)lose a further 2 lb for a silver seven, and 3) lose one more pound for my 50lb cert. I've been really close to getting that piece of paper for AGES (embarrassingly long really). And I'd love to FINALLY get it!

Good luck everyone with the coming week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

The thing that bugs me the most is she tends to get distracted and easily goes off the point. As a result the main topic of the meeting gets squashed into the last few minutes.

What meeting do you normally go to? I'm always looking for good leaders. Because of work I sometimes have to go to different meetings.

Well done on your loss! 0.5lb is still 0.5lb gone that won't be coming back :)

Also, great idea for The Saucy Fish meals, I'm going to have fish cakes tonight.

The quotes here ended up all in the wrong order! But thats mad you were both in my meeting. I have often wondered if anyone on here came to it as well.

My sister has the same feelings as you guys about the leader there. She thinks she rambles too much and goes off the point a bit. I personally think she is the best leader I have had but it is very much a personal thing what works for you. I think for me the fact she knows and remembers everyone and is really encouraging at the scales and outside of it. I sit in an hours traffic on a tuesday since I moved just because I knew i wouldnt get to goal without that meeting - not only her but I find a lot of the people in the class there great as well as the leaders 2 staff. I've never had that personal touch with other leaders/classes and I know thats what works for me.

But yes I will hopefully be blogging a before and after pic tonight. Haven't got any nice pics since getting to goal/chopping all my hair off so I might do a bit of a photo shoot tonight to get one. My gold card is so exciting - its all shiny and perfect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I am ashamed to say I was up half a pound this week :-( - everyone seems to have done so well this week and I overindulged to leave myself 2.5 lbs to goal, as opposed to the 2lbs it was last week. A half pound I can handle though, and it's been a crazy week (writing a grant proposal in Uni and it's all but pushing me over the edge) so I think I can go easy on myself. My friend, who I attend with every week, was down 3.5lbs! So I think that put my gain in even more stark perspective. I am intending to track like a MOFO this week, have cancelled night out on Friday and I am going to walk everywhere. So now. Too stubborn not to get back on track!

Well done to everyone who did this week - congratulations, ye are an inspiration. And if anyone is reading who didn't, come on with and we'll get back on track today, and the weight will FLY off us for next week!!

gragirl wrote: »
    Eabhabear - I know others have posted since but really wanted to say you have done soooo well. I know you've said its been a struggle, but you've not given in... by virtue of retaining a STS. So recognise that effort. Plus the tiredness, the dark nights... it all has an effect. But as you say you have goals (similar weight to gold to me!) and you can do this. And the wheatgrass defo helps the energy levels. You'll be in the grove in no time!

Thank you for comments. I am definitely feeling much better about it all now. I have decided to go to a new meeting tomorrow night and I am also going to rejoin so that I can start from my current weight. I'm not even sure if this is possible but going to give it a try anyway.

• Advertisement

Thank you for comments. I am definitely feeling much better about it all now. I have decided to go to a new meeting tomorrow night and I am also going to rejoin so that I can start from my current weight. I'm not even sure if this is possible but going to give it a try anyway.

It is of course. Just say nothing about having been before. Fill out a new membership form, and away you go! Good luck!

ck83 wrote: »
    It is of course. Just say nothing about having been before. Fill out a new membership form, and away you go! Good luck!

Thanks for that. I was just worried that if I set up a new membership with the same details that it might show up a clash on the computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Eabhabear - I don't think two memberships clash - I lost the card from my old membership, and I rejoined in a new meeting/fresh start a few months later and there wasn't an issue. Best of luck - you will FLY xx

Thanks for that. I was just worried that if I set up a new membership with the same details that it might show up a clash on the computer?
    Nah! I've set up lots of new memberships in the past. Never been busted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

WI this evening. Up half a pound, so now 1 pound away from my first stone. Not a happy camper, first week I went feeling really positive that I would be down!!:mad: GRRRR!!!
    Anyway draw a line under it etc etc.

Well done to everyone who had good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi guys,

First night back, AGAIN!!

Here's to a great week!!

=)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

maryfred wrote: »
    WI this evening. Up half a pound, so now 1 pound away from my first stone. Not a happy camper, first week I went feeling really positive that I would be down!!:mad: GRRRR!!!
    Anyway draw a line under it etc etc.

Well done to everyone who had good news.

Would it make you feel better if I told you I once went to a meeting and was told I was up 9 pounds?! In ONE WEEK! Trust me, a half a pound is miniscule, you'll have it gone and then some, by next WI!
    Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

First night back, AGAIN!!

Here's to a great week!!

=)

Welcome back :) How have you been getting on?

I just want to thank everyone for their kind words of support yesterday. I don't know what came over me but I was just so down. I am feeling much more up beat and and confident about what lies ahead. I am going to join a new meeting tonight and start over. Like I said the other day I have 17 weeks until my holidays so the countdown and weight loss is on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Was down a pound last night, took it and ran! Seriously thought I'd be up after the wkend I'd had, but it just shows that if you get back on track straight away afterwards you can still have a loss! Would love a big loss now for next wk to get me out of the 14's! Getting there slowly but surly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I just want to thank everyone for their kind words of support yesterday. I don't know what came over me but I was just so down. I am feeling much more up beat and and confident about what lies ahead. I am going to join a new meeting tonight and start over. Like I said the other day I have 17 weeks until my holidays so the countdown and weight loss is on :D

I have to say Eabhabear well done for sticking with it. It is so easy when you feel down like that to give - have done it myself so many times over the years. You are always such a steady presence on here and are def going to make it to goal!! A new meeting may be just the right thing - some times all we need is a fresh start!

I finally got around to posting my final before and after pics!! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/03/going-for-gold.html Its very weird looking at the before picture. I knew I had a lot of weight on but at the time it didn't look as bad as it looks now. I am keeping that photo as a reminder that i never want to be there again!!

Did anyone get the RTE guide? Some nice recipes listed in there, think im making the salmon muffins for breakfast at the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

I finally got around to posting my final before and after pics!! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/03/going-for-gold.html Its very weird looking at the before picture. I knew I had a lot of weight on but at the time it didn't look as bad as it looks now. I am keeping that photo as a reminder that i never want to be there again!!

Wow tiny_penguin that is amazing!! So motivating now to see that this morn! Well done & thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

. Too stubborn not to get back on track!

Well done to everyone who did this week - congratulations, ye are an inspiration. And if anyone is reading who didn't, come on with and we'll get back on track today, and the weight will FLY off us for next week!!

I love that comment "Too stubborn not to get back on track!"

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Amazing Tiny_penguin...well done! Fantastic achievement.:)

I have to say Eabhabear well done for sticking with it. It is so easy when you feel down like that to give - have done it myself so many times over the years. You are always such a steady presence on here and are def going to make it to goal!! A new meeting may be just the right thing - some times all we need is a fresh start!

Did anyone get the RTE guide? Some nice recipes listed in there, think im making the salmon muffins for breakfast at the weekend!

Wow tiny - you are TINY!!! You look stunning in your after. Well done. And thanks for sharing cos it certainly inspires!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hey all

How is everyone's week going? I feel like I am perpetually in pain since football started but it's a good, "I've done a hard workout" type of pain. Pilates has given me sore abs which are not fun when I sneeze! We also have a third and extra training this week on Friday evening so its going to be great for the scales.

I was down 2lbs last week but overall, I am still at the same hump, 12stone, that I have been at for months now. It seems I lose and then something like Christmas or a holiday comes along and I put it all back on again. So now I still have 2 stone to go. If I lose 2lbs a week, I could have it lost by June, just in time for summer and all those lovely summery clothes. I have no excuse now with regular training and plenty of motivation from my OH and here! Grr, like cailleach an airgid, I am too stubborn to give up!

Have a good week everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Tiny Penguin you look fantastic! Well done, you're inspirational!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

wow tiny penguin, your a babe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Anybody know how many ProPoints would be in a can of Bulmers, Bulmers Pear and Bulmers Light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I joined WW 2 weeks ago as part of a 12 week challenge for an online blog. I have lost 6.5 pounds in 2 weeks which is amazing. I was 14 stone - dropped to 10 and a half through exercise and diet then got an office job on my bum all day and went up to 12'8 :(

Getting back on track now - I hope! It's so hard to start again...why do I keep doing this to myself?! :):):)

• Advertisement

Tiny thanks for the support. You look fab in that picture. It is a real motivator for everyone else that it can be done :)

Advertisement