Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Guys I posted this on the WW Ireland Facebook page but just in case you missed and you're interested, I found this exercise video on YouTube and I thought I'd share it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Taz1, you're completely right. Was feeling very sorry for myself last night. Needed that kick!!:p My leader told me to weigh myself this morning, not something she would normally reccommend, but the fact that I work shift can skew my WI's. Was down 3lbs so am into the 11s, and have got my stone, albeit not officially, but it's good enough for me!!:D

Tiny, you look amazing, it's such an inspiration to see how well you've done and how you have documented it all, good and bad, is a great source of information and support. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I joined a new class tonight and I love the leader. The meeting was so good and she was lovely. She gave me a goal of 21lbs by summer so I am looking forward to getting started tomorrow. My starting weight is bang on 14st. Can't believe I'm back in the 14's but its the wake up call I needed.

Taz the wheatgrass and glutamine arrived today so I'm going to start taking them tomorrow. Do you take both in the morning and glutamine in the evening?

I'm just after taking my first lot now. The wheatgrass doesn't taste as bad as I thought. I mixed it with orange juice. Did you experience any major symptoms your first day? It just occurred to me I prob should have waited until tomorrow in case I get any unwanted symptoms iykwim!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Taz the wheatgrass and glutamine arrived today so I'm going to start taking them tomorrow. Do you take both in the morning and glutamine in the evening?

I'm just after taking my first lot now. The wheatgrass doesn't taste as bad as I thought. I mixed it with orange juice. Did you experience any major symptoms your first day? It just occurred to me I prob should have waited until tomorrow in case I get any unwanted symptoms iykwim!

Yeah, I take the glutamine in the morning and before I go to bed. I've gotten used to the wheatgrass now, I just do it in a shot of water. You won't experience any symptoms the first day in, it'll be the second/third day in that you might feel some symptoms, if you're following the detox that is.

Hi guys. Been following this thread for ages but rarely post. It's possible that someone has already mentioned this but just figured out that you can calculate the pp in any food whatsoever by just dividing the calories by 40.
    For example if a bar of chocolate is 320 cals the it's 8 pro points, 400=10 etc.
    I've tried it lots of times against the calculator and works every time.
    Also mentioned it to my leader and she said it was correct. So handy and less time consuming :)

Guys just thought I'd give you a heads up, this isn't correct. I'm after trying it on two different products and its coming up one point lower than the WW calculator. I don't have time to try it on more but I will this evening when I get home. If it doesn't work for everything then I wouldn't chance using it as you could end up under pointing.
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I take the glutamine in the morning and before I go to bed. I've gotten used to the wheatgrass now, I just do it in a shot of water. You won't experience any symptoms the first day in, it'll be the second/third day in that you might feel some symptoms, if you're following the detox that is.

I had read bad things about the taste of the wheatgrass so I was expecting the worse but it wasn't that bad at all :) I'm not doing the detox at the moment, I'm just taking the supplements. I want to focus on switching to propoints and just getting my meals healthy in general and then I'll look at the detox and maybe the 5:2 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi guys!

Could anyone help me with pointing a mocha made with LOW FAT milk, I can only find pointing for SKIMMED MILK!

I was in town this morning for coffee with a friend and the cafe was having it's FREE COFFEE FRIDAY! Completely free of charge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Ok. Cycle to the shops and back followed by yummy brunch of 1 slice of potato bread, 1 poached egg and 3 bacon medallions. Gonna make yummy hairy dieters minced beef pies for dinner. Im going to get my first stone on Monday since rejoining if I can just stay focused through the rest of the weekend which is my normal downfall. Fingers and Toes crossed please.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Hey all, back again on ww after becoming gold a year ago, going NZ and putting back on every pound and then some!! That's what happens when you think you are on a year long holiday so back on the wagon.....and want to get at least a stone off by time go back in June again!!

Gave up bread for lent and haven't touched a bit since...no burger buns, pizza or bruschetta for me...and finding it easy so far!! So will try keep up after lent too!!

Had two weigh ins and only down 2.5 pounds so far but know I aren't been very good and ad a lot if take always so I'm thankfully or the no bread as think was my saviour!!

Signed up for my first mini marathon and done 3 twenty min jogs so far so looking forward to being able to run an hour in a few months!!

Going to try become a regular poster again and get to follow all your journeys again, best of luck everyone!! X

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    Hey all, back again on ww after becoming gold a year ago, going NZ and putting back on every pound and then some!! That's what happens when you think you are on a year long holiday so back on the wagon.....and want to get at least a stone off by time go back in June.

Im going travelling around New Zealand for a month at Christmas. Can't wait. That's my big motivation to get to and stay at goal for then. I recommend the hairy dieters cookbook if you haven't seen it yet. Its like my bible. There's a few sample recipes online if you wanna try them first. If you've done it before then you know you can do it again. Im finding it harder those time myself but hoping the slower it comes off the greater chance of keeping it off. Good luck in your journey.

Sorry. My mobile just messed up the quote marks. ps. I gave up bread for lent too but just normal bread as that's my downfall. I've been grand but the fella tucked in to a big soft white bread sandwich there in front of me this afternoon and made me feel sad. I love it even though white bread is terrible for me and upsets my tummy no end. Persevered though and had a slice of turkey and cup of tea instead. Onwards and downwards eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Happy mothers day to all the mummys. Got money and a giant box of chocolate from the babies! The box will remain unopened and be brought to work with me tommorow to fatten up my colleagues ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

What a disastrous week for a weight watcher! I've eaten out every single day since my WI. And I'm not great at making good choices when I'm out!

I spent the day picking :rolleyes: and I'm only three days into starting over. No idea why but I had one of those days where I'd go into the kitchen and open the fridge randomly and stare into it. Does anyone else ever do that or is it just me :o I also need to confess I broke my lent today. I had a bottle of lucozade. I wasn't necessarily annoyed but on a plus side I was indifferent to the taste of it which is a good thing. I did point everything so that is a huge improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Could anyone advise me on an app to download to my sumsung mini, re weight watchers!

Any ones I have tried to download keep telling me it's not available in my country!!

Woo Hoo!!! Was down 3.4lbs this week and got my 1st stone. I need to lose 1.3lbs to get my 10% and 1lb gets me back down to 10 and a half stone so that is my aim for this week since there is a bank hol and I have a friend over this weekend I think I will be doing well to get that but I shall persevere. Onwards and downwards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    Hey all, back again on ww after becoming gold a year ago, going NZ and putting back on every pound and then some!! That's what happens when you think you are on a year long holiday so back on the wagon.....and want to get at least a stone off by time go back in June again!!

Gave up bread for lent and haven't touched a bit since...no burger buns, pizza or bruschetta for me...and finding it easy so far!! So will try keep up after lent too!!

Had two weigh ins and only down 2.5 pounds so far but know I aren't been very good and ad a lot if take always so I'm thankfully or the no bread as think was my saviour!!

Signed up for my first mini marathon and done 3 twenty min jogs so far so looking forward to being able to run an hour in a few months!!

Going to try become a regular poster again and get to follow all your journeys again, best of luck everyone!! X

Are you doing the Dublin Mini Marathon in June. I signed myself up on a whim promising to jog it..... I've no idea why but gotta start trying to jog! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

Hi guys!

I'm a newbie to boards and a bit of a newbie to weightwatchers. I'm on Week 3 now. A girl I lived with joined a few months ago, and she's a little evangelical about it, so I decided I might as well. I've 2.5 stone to lose, I didn't expect it to be that much to be honest, it's funny how weight creeps up on you!!

Lost 2lbs the first week and found the pointing and diet so easy. Then week 2 went on holidays with my boyfriend and had a total blowout of a week, just lost the run of myself. Dragged myself back to the class and found out I'd gone up a lb - I was so happy with myself, honestly expected it to be so much more.

Week 3 is going ok - not sure if I'll go back to my meeting this Wednesday because I'm on my time of the month, so I know I'll go up again and that would mean I'm back exactly where I started 3 weeks ago!!

I have to stay I'm struggling a bit - not with the diet - I'm actually eating more now than I ever had, which makes me laugh. My housemate has a target of 7 stone to lose, and it's tough when every week she loses another 3 or 4lbs and I'm staying fairly static. It's not jealously, I'm absolutely delighted for her. But her point allowance is much more than mine and it's hard when I hear her go on and on about how much she can eat, when I'm struggling on mine.

Advice?

Hi guys!

I'm a newbie to boards and a bit of a newbie to weightwatchers. I'm on Week 3 now. A girl I lived with joined a few months ago, and she's a little evangelical about it, so I decided I might as well. I've 2.5 stone to lose, I didn't expect it to be that much to be honest, it's funny how weight creeps up on you!!

Lost 2lbs the first week and found the pointing and diet so easy. Then week 2 went on holidays with my boyfriend and had a total blowout of a week, just lost the run of myself. Dragged myself back to the class and found out I'd gone up a lb - I was so happy with myself, honestly expected it to be so much more.

Week 3 is going ok - not sure if I'll go back to my meeting this Wednesday because I'm on my time of the month, so I know I'll go up again and that would mean I'm back exactly where I started 3 weeks ago!!

I have to stay I'm struggling a bit - not with the diet - I'm actually eating more now than I ever had, which makes me laugh. My housemate has a target of 7 stone to lose, and it's tough when every week she loses another 3 or 4lbs and I'm staying fairly static. It's not jealously, I'm absolutely delighted for her. But her point allowance is much more than mine and it's hard when I hear her go on and on about how much she can eat, when I'm struggling on mine.

Advice?

First of all welcome to the thread :)

I would definitely go to your class today. You never know you may be down or stay the same. If you are up then leader won't judge you. It is better to be up this week because that way next week's weigh in will reflect you true effort this week. If you don't go this week then you may still be up next week and only stay the same. Also you're still really new to the programme so the meetings are vital for you. My leader only said last week that people tend to give up between week 3-5. You will find it harder to stick to the plan if you don't go.

Forget what your housemate is doing. You both started at different weights. Your housemate has a lot more weight to lose than you do so she will naturally lose bigger numbers every week. For you a a good loss would be 1-2 lbs a week. Take it each week at a time. Life is going to throw obstacles in your way. Its Paddy's weekend this weekend. What matters is how you deal with these obstacles.

Thanks eabhabear!

I thought about it in the last half hour and you're right, I need to stick with the meetings. As my leader says, it's not a race. I was focussing on the fact that I've completely overhauled my diet - the takeaways are gone, I used to be a terror for not eating all day because I wouldn't be hungry, and then come home in the evening and eat a huge pizza. I guess I just thought that it would mean I'd lose weight faster by changing my habits. But what I've realised that although I haven't lost a lot of weight, I've actually noticed a massive improvement in my general health and energy levels since, so that in itself is a reason to keep going.

I'm going to go back on Wednesday and see how I get on :)

Uh oh fell off the wagon Friday evening til today, was quite sick all weekend, my tastebuds were almost non existent so they told me I wanted junk! Off work today, still recovering, but back in tomorrow. I'm not even waiting til then to start afresh, I'm starting afresh this lunch time. I've a new goal to work for and thats a trip to Thailand this summer, time to get serious (or even more so than I was!) In other news, Started first day of 30 Day Shred Last week, really good! Woke up the next day feeling stiff but okay, BUT got sorer and sorer as that day and the following days went on, I'm SO replacing the gym with this for my days between football training for the next while anyway!

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, I have 30 Day Shred here on DVD. I was tempted to start it but I joined a running club and I'm starting it tomorrow for the first time. If I do the Shred DVD, I'll be sore tomorrow and it'll be a great excuse for me not to go....I'm a powerful lady for the excuses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

I've a question - If I miss a class do I just pay for that class the next time I go? Like I'm away this wk and next so that's 2 wks of classes that I'll miss, (I've already used my 2 ww holidays) when I go back must I pay €10 per class that I've missed or how does it work?
    Also how often do you get new ww holidays - is it 2 wks per yr or 2 wks per 6 months?
    Thanks!

From what I can work out from the website its €9 if you miss two classes, so that and the €10 for the class you return, makes it €19 in total when you return. You get 2 holiday classes per 6 months. I took that information from here so I might have interpreted it wrong.

http://www.weightwatchers.ie/getting-started/membership-costs-republic-of-ireland.html

Taz1 wrote: »
    Started first day of 30 Day Shred Last week, really good! Woke up the next day feeling stiff but okay, BUT got sorer and sorer as that day and the following days went on, I'm SO replacing the gym with this for my days between football training for the next while anyway!
    Hmmmm, I have 30 Day Shred here on DVD. I was tempted to start it but I joined a running club and I'm starting it tomorrow for the first time. If I do the Shred DVD, I'll be sore tomorrow and it'll be a great excuse for me not to go....I'm a powerful lady for the excuses :)

I love the 30 Day Shred. I would definitely recommend it for toning and losing inches. Before you start take your measurements and photos. Its great to see the change at the end of each level. For it to work, you have to do it at least 3 times a week. You don't need to do it every day. Jillian Michaels gave an interview where she said the optimal routine is to do it for 2 days and then a day of pure cardio. *Need to take own advice and go home and do it :rolleyes:
    bb86 wrote: »
    I've a question - If I miss a class do I just pay for that class the next time I go? Like I'm away this wk and next so that's 2 wks of classes that I'll miss, (I've already used my 2 ww holidays) when I go back must I pay €10 per class that I've missed or how does it work?
    Also how often do you get new ww holidays - is it 2 wks per yr or 2 wks per 6 months?
    Thanks!

You will pay €19 in total that week when you go back including for that class. The most you'll ever pay for missed classes is €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi ladies,
    Is the 30 day shred worth investing in?
    What do I need at home to do it?
    Thanks a mil

Hi ladies,
    Is the 30 day shred worth investing in?
    What do I need at home to do it?
    Thanks a mil

I'd been hearing about it ALL the time in loads of forums that I dip in and out of... I've only managed to do one day of it so far as I'm sick but I felt it ten times more the days after, than I have any workout in the gym! I'd recommend :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR7BK7jpu3M

I just had a look and found it on youtube - should save you a few euro. I can't remember if you need anything - possibly some lightweights but you could use bottles of water or something instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

bb86 wrote: »
    Thanks!

I've always paid 20euro for 2 or more missed classes. 1 missed class is 15euro. If you use prepay and ever miss 1 class, pay for it with cash and then hand your card to the cashier. If you first hand your card to her and she puts it in the slot, it will automatically take 20 euro off your card.

Yeah but that's €5 for the missed class, and the regular €10 for the class you return no? And then for 2 missed weeks, it's €9 for the 2 missed classes, and then €10 for the class you return, so €19 in total?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 KittyChai

Have gained nearly a stone in 7 months feeling v blue about it! Five years ago did motivation lost two stone was going well until few months ago, had massive life change and now weight is going back up! Really benefitted from motivation but cannot afford it again!
    Is ww difficult to get used to points watching? Can I pick any class in any centre each week or do I have to stick to same time same place?

Advertisement