Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

KittyChai wrote: »
    Have gained nearly a stone in 7 months feeling v blue about it! Five years ago did motivation lost two stone was going well until few months ago, had massive life change and now weight is going back up! Really benefitted from motivation but cannot afford it again!
    Is ww difficult to get used to points watching? Can I pick any class in any centre each week or do I have to stick to same time same place?

Welcome to the thread! It takes a few weeks to get used to counting points, but once you get the hang of it, it's second nature!
    Once you join up, you can go to any class at all. It's v handy, esp if you work irregular hours!
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

If you have an iphone, the WWCalculator App is free and makes counting up points a doddle. You'll get the hang of it in no time. I thought I'd be stuck to it forever but you'll be surprised how quickly you'll start to remember points for things once you reuse them a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Was down 1lb llast night! Very happy as went slightly off track at the end of the week! Although I'm back at the point I was last June I'm determied to get my ass in gear and keep going down instead of up down up down constantly! I Feel like if I get another 3 good weeks in I could lose 7lb which would bring me to the 2 1/2 stone mark that I can keep going because up until now I have been thinking sure whats the point you always have one really bad week and undo all the hard work you've done so why bother! But now I feel as if my attitude has changed and I can do this! Best of luck with the WI's this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Does anyone else use the ultimate diary app? I have been using it for the last week to point and track. I only noticed today that the daily points used up in the top corner is under pointed even though each meal is pointed correctly. I'm raging over it. I was going to back and she how many points I'm over but I think it would demoralise me. Back to the aul pen and paper me think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Does anyone else use the ultimate diary app? I have been using it for the last week to point and track. I only noticed today that the daily points used up in the top corner is under pointed even though each meal is pointed correctly. I'm raging over it. I was going to back and she how many points I'm over but I think it would demoralise me. Back to the aul pen and paper me think!

I used the iwatchr app if you're on an iPhone when I was doing ww, it was great!

• Advertisement

misslt wrote: »
    I used the iwatchr app if you're on an iPhone when I was doing ww, it was great!

Thanks. I'm after looking and it appears to be discontinued :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Eabhabear wrote: »

Thanks. I'm after looking and it appears to be discontinued :(

Ah no way, it was great :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PrincessDee

Hi all! Just rejoined weight watchers last night.did ok on my first day but got home to find the boyfriend had cuisine the France apple pies looking out at me from the cupboard! :( was starving so gave in in the end and had one.apart from that I was good today,just hungry.does anyone have any idea (Approximately) how many pro points them cuisine de France apple pies were? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

2.5lbs down this week and I've reached my 10% target! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Not posted since last Wed. All set for WW on Thurs and looked like a loss.... till I got hit with a tummy bug... had to go home sick and missed my class. Gutted. Then over the w/e my dog was very sick. Very little sleep as he kept being sick at nighttime. So I began eating comfort food, even though my tummy wasn't great still and couldn't eat a full dinner... so I grazed through the days.... Lets just say the scales are not looking healthy at all now. I'm tired and abit emotional and struggling not to reach for the comfort day. Hoping by posting here this morning it'll help draw the line in the sand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Could anyone advise me on an app to download to my sumsung mini, re weight watchers!

Any ones I have tried to download keep telling me it's not available in my country!!

Hi Cliodhna, I have a new HTC smart phone and I use an app called Pts Plus Diary. I think all android/smart phones should be able to get it in Ireland. I'm new to it but like it so far.

happyday wrote: »

Hi Cliodhna, I have a new HTC smart phone and I use an app called Pts Plus Diary. I think all android/smart phones should be able to get it in Ireland. I'm new to it but like it so far.

Points plus is the US programme so I'd be careful using that app. I'm not sure what the exact differences are but I know its not entirely the same as pro points.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

After my weekend away and TOTM I am up 3LB!!!! Ok I did overdo it at the weekend with food & drink but 3lb......ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrr!

I was trying to maintain the weight for paddys & easter etc as I don't expect to loose anything with 2 bank holidays so close together.

Very disheartened but will still stick at it & hopefully get the proper result in a couple of weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Have gone up a little bit from my goal weight - only 2 pounds over the past few weeks which is still within the 5 i am allowed but I need to get a handle on things before this escalates. I am dropping back to 26pp a day for this week to see if I can get this back down. But I am off for afternoon tea on saturday and a craft beer festival on paddy's day. Going to be on track every other day and try get some extra exercise in. I have been a bit too lax of late and there have been a couple of big events where I have really lost the run of myself so in all honesty I am lucky that it is only 2pounds.

I am off to vegas in 2 weeks so Iwould like to get a couple of pounds under goal to give me a bit of a buffer for when I come back. I would imagine a place like vegas it would be easy to gain a lot even in just 4 days. Gonna try cut back on my processed carbs and see if that helps before I go away.

The weather is so bad all I want is really comforting warm food. Going to make a big pot of bolognese tonight and have it with loads of veg and a baked potato instead of pasta. Might even try to make courgette spaghetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

This is terrible and prob the biggest sin I've commited since joining ww but anyone know the pp for a chicken curry and chips take away from a chinese? I know it prob depends where u get it and stuff but in general a rough estimate would do me! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

bb86 wrote: »
    This is terrible and prob the biggest sin I've commited since joining ww but anyone know the pp for a chicken curry and chips take away from a chinese? I know it prob depends where u get it and stuff but in general a rough estimate would do me! Thanks!

I've looked in a few forums and come up with 18 points for the chicken curry and 20 points for the chips based on someone who weighed their Chinese takeaway in the past. Don't take that as gospel but it is the best answer I could find. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Hi all! Just rejoined weight watchers last night.did ok on my first day but got home to find the boyfriend had cuisine the France apple pies looking out at me from the cupboard! :( was starving so gave in in the end and had one.apart from that I was good today,just hungry.does anyone have any idea (Approximately) how many pro points them cuisine de France apple pies were? Thanks in advance

I'm not in Weight Watchers but I saw this post and didn't want it to get lost in the thread. I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be hungry (and definitely not starving) while following the WW programme. What are you eating now compared to what you were? Maybe one of the regular posters could give you ideas for food swaps that are more filling.

Thanks a mil eabhabear for making me go to class this week - I'm down 2.5 lbs so I'm delighted with myself. We were talking about goals this week and how if we have specific dates set to them, we'll hit them faster than if they're open ended. I'm exactly like that, so it struck a chord with me. Have a goal in the diary for 4 weeks time, so really hope to hit it - I'm competitive so hopefully that'll spur me on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

WI this today,down 1.5 lbs.got my first stone.and they actually give you a stone!i did not know this!well pleased with my self.back in the 11st bracket now so just feel so happy.its slow going but my leader said i'm doing it the right way,slow and steady.happy days! (-:

Thanks a mil eabhabear for making me go to class this week - I'm down 2.5 lbs so I'm delighted with myself. We were talking about goals this week and how if we have specific dates set to them, we'll hit them faster than if they're open ended. I'm exactly like that, so it struck a chord with me. Have a goal in the diary for 4 weeks time, so really hope to hit it - I'm competitive so hopefully that'll spur me on!

Well done that's a great loss. Just goes to show you can never know what to expect :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Down half a pound. Which is the same half pound I was up last week... So I'm still 1lb from 2 stones and 2lbs to goal - frustrating!

My leader did say that this can happen sometimes at the very end - I'm just worried because of Paddy's day coming up and I'm very stressed in work right now and next week is TOTM. I'm in a wee bit of rut here and I'm worried about getting out of it and scoring me a gold card!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

vitani wrote: »

I'm not in Weight Watchers but I saw this post and didn't want it to get lost in the thread. I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be hungry (and definitely not starving) while following the WW programme. What are you eating now compared to what you were? Maybe one of the regular posters could give you ideas for food swaps that are more filling.

You shouldn't be hungry on the plan. There are very easy ways to s-t-r-e-t-c-h your points. The easiest way is to up your intake of fruit and Veg. Also changing to turkey, chicken, tofu, fish, extra lean minces and quorn will allow you to 'indulge' in bigger portions.

There are a lot of tips in the starter pack you get when you join. Defo read up on them. There are also a lot people on here who have fantastic blogs with receipies and ideas. If all else fails, talk to your leader. They are trained to get you familiar with the plan and offer advice and encouragement. You should never be starving.

Best of luck with it and keep on here for extra tips and support.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Down 5lbs after my first week!

Really motivated now!

Going to introduce exercise from tomorrow..

Here's to a good week..

Ps. What are peoples opinions on bananas? Good snack food?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Made courgette spaghetti and it was great. Im not gonna lie and say it was just like real spaghetti but with a big serving on bolognese for 8pp on top it was perfect! It added the bulk I needed for the meal and while the texture wasnt just like spaghetti it added a bit of bite to the sauce.

I always feel like bolognese is quite high that you need to have a lot of propoints left for the day to have pasta with it. I often pair it with a baked potato but I will now be using courgette pasta for my bolognese.

Will be posting the recipe for my bolognese and courgette pasta - maybe not tonight but I will see what I can do.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 EJKING

Hey everyone, joined ww yesterday (again) after a year. Had reached goal but have a stone on and really want to tackle it now before I'm back where I started. I forgot how inspiring and helpful all the posts are on here. I'm loving catching up with how everyone's doing. First day back today but must admit, have found sticking to 26 points really hard.. It was 29 when I was following ww before, and that was tough enough. Anyways, going to get on with it and hopefully I'll start seeing results soon :)

If you're finding it hard, maybe you could take some of your weekly 49 points and add them to your daily - like maybe take an extra 3 a day? I'd still make sure and leave some extra aside for mishaps, like when that chocolate bar looks a little too tempting to be left behind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

I started WW in October last year. Gave myself a goal of reaching 10.11 by today. I reached 10.12, so pretty happy with that. I haven't stuck to it strictly all the time but my biggest tip is to plan. Terribly Boring but I think it's key. If I am busy out with friends and dinners and drinks and all that I've planned for it so I don't miss out. The next aim is to reach 10 stone by September, which will be my ultimate goal weight. This forum really keeps me motivated. I've started to cook and that has been down to all the enthusiastic creative cooks on here. So thank you whoever you are!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 EJKING

Good advice pinkpencilcase. I wonder would that still leave me free to have my Saturday night takeaway and bottle of red ;) I'm sure it would leave me a few spare points to use throughout the week, god forbid I had to sacrifice the vino :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 my username

Never post in here but very excited as got my second stone tonight. Very happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Never post in here but very excited as got my second stone tonight. Very happy!

well done my username. 2 stone is a fabulous loss.

Advertisement