Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Someone mentioned that a lot of you have great blogs with recipes. Can you tell me how to have a look at them please? I'd like to see how to do the courgette spaghetti for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

Hi All, Apologies if this has been asked before but I have done a search on the threads and I cant find it. My question is does anyone know how many pro points are in eddie rockets sweet potato fries? Had some last night and just want to point them instead of guessing. Thanks a mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

So I've decided to restart WW. As in tonight I am going to sit down and read through all the literature again, make my list of reasons for losing weight to stick on the fridge and, drum roll please......, I am going to give up chocolate! I mean really give up, not like a few weeks ago when I said I was going to give it up for Lent and lasted a grand total of 3 days! I just know from going through my tracker that chocolate is consistently my downfall. I will take into a packet of WW bars and eat the entire packet even if it ruins what has so far been a perfectly good day. So I think its all or nothing and I am going to choose nothing. I have seen another thread in the nutrition and diet forum where the OP hasn't eaten chocolate in three years! They also listed what they used to eat and I think it's more than I eat so if they can do then I can. Besides that, I am going to pretend I am starting WW for the first time and point everything all over again. Start a new notebook and track religiously. I need a boost of some kind as I have just been at a stalemate for months now. I lose and gain the same half a stone repeatedly and its just ridiculous. I could have lost the 2 stone I want to lose in the time I have been messing about and kidding myself that one more day of pigging out won't matter.

So last night after a tough training, I bought a big bar in Aldi and took my time eating it and enjoying it and now that's that. I think I might be on here quite often looking for support as I think I am addicted to the stuff but I quit smoking before so compared to that, this should be a walk in the park. Wish me luck!

PS I am delighted to see all the weight losses this week. It really gives me hope and encouragement. I must buy some butternutsquash this weekend for bns chips and courgette for spagetti. Can you chop up the BNS and freeze it so it can just be cooked or does it have to be fresh?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Was down 2 pounds this week...was happy but very lucky as hadn't been too good and wore lighter shoes this week so prob were the lost came :(

all i want to do this morn. is go get something bad but instead decide to come on here an make the promise to you all that I wont!!

well done on the losses so far this week!! x

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Sorry. My mobile just messed up the quote marks. ps. I gave up bread for lent too but just normal bread as that's my downfall. I've been grand but the fella tucked in to a big soft white bread sandwich there in front of me this afternoon and made me feel sad. I love it even though white bread is terrible for me and upsets my tummy no end. Persevered though and had a slice of turkey and cup of tea instead. Onwards and downwards eh.

well done you, any type of bread is so hard to give up....surprised i have lasted this long haha!!

You will love NZ especially in summer it is so beautiful and get motivation to get a few pounds off!! im determined not to go abck to old ways of when im over there...they have so many healthy options but i always pick the worst!! also they had no bulmers light so OTT on full fat cider over there haha!! vodka and soda all the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

happyday wrote: »
    Someone mentioned that a lot of you have great blogs with recipes. Can you tell me how to have a look at them please? I'd like to see how to do the courgette spaghetti for a start.

Hi there! My blog is here http://59lbstogo.blogspot.com/

I havent posted the corgette spaghetti yet but I am hoping to do that tonight. Have a lot on this week so just depends on how late i get home. But there are other recipes listed there as well as some product reviews and general updates on my weight loss journey!

Google searching weight watchers blog brings up some good ones too - there are LOADS out there. I woud recomment the Skinny Doll Blog for motivation and Nip Tuck Food Blog for recipes for starters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

CavanGal wrote: »
    So I've decided to restart WW. As in tonight I am going to sit down and read through all the literature again, make my list of reasons for losing weight to stick on the fridge and, drum roll please......, I am going to give up chocolate! I mean really give up, not like a few weeks ago when I said I was going to give it up for Lent and lasted a grand total of 3 days! I just know from going through my tracker that chocolate is consistently my downfall. I will take into a packet of WW bars and eat the entire packet even if it ruins what has so far been a perfectly good day. So I think its all or nothing and I am going to choose nothing. I have seen another thread in the nutrition and diet forum where the OP hasn't eaten chocolate in three years! They also listed what they used to eat and I think it's more than I eat so if they can do then I can. Besides that, I am going to pretend I am starting WW for the first time and point everything all over again. Start a new notebook and track religiously. I need a boost of some kind as I have just been at a stalemate for months now. I lose and gain the same half a stone repeatedly and its just ridiculous. I could have lost the 2 stone I want to lose in the time I have been messing about and kidding myself that one more day of pigging out won't matter.

So last night after a tough training, I bought a big bar in Aldi and took my time eating it and enjoying it and now that's that. I think I might be on here quite often looking for support as I think I am addicted to the stuff but I quit smoking before so compared to that, this should be a walk in the park. Wish me luck!

PS I am delighted to see all the weight losses this week. It really gives me hope and encouragement. I must buy some butternutsquash this weekend for bns chips and courgette for spagetti. Can you chop up the BNS and freeze it so it can just be cooked or does it have to be fresh?

Hi CavanGal,

I'll start afresh with you!!!
    I'm the exact same, constantly losing the same half stone and never break through and get beyond. I've an old WI card stuck to my bedroom door with my lowest weight highlighted, I never can get beyond this.

Dee01 - great tips re turkey, fish, extra lean mince. I'm defo going wrong there.

I'm WI-ing in tonight and know I will be up. I feel my tummy has really bulged out. And it's making me miserable. I've been comfort eating for the past month and I need to break this horrifc cycle.

Moan over...MOVING ON!!!

Good luck with WI's peeps x

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stevenaive

Hi, i'm new to ww and im actually just doing it myself with the android app so it's a bit confusing. Can someone explain to me why veg are 0ppts but if they're cooked they are. An d could anyone be so kind to tell me how many ppts in veg fried in fry light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hi CavanGal,

I'll start afresh with you!!!
    I'm the exact same, constantly losing the same half stone and never break through and get beyond. I've an old WI card stuck to my bedroom door with my lowest weight highlighted, I never can get beyond this.

Dee01 - great tips re turkey, fish, extra lean mince. I'm defo going wrong there.

I'm WI-ing in tonight and know I will be up. I feel my tummy has really bulged out. And it's making me miserable. I've been comfort eating for the past month and I need to break this horrifc cycle.

Moan over...MOVING ON!!!

Good luck with WI's peeps x

I just want to say to you that you can break through that weight barrier. It took months and months for me to get past this 11 stone block I was at and to say I was disheartened and lost motivation is a huge understatement but I did it. I started back properly in the last month and am on a full scale mission. I am now over half a stone under that 11 stone barrier and its going down every week. I started doing 5:2 alongside my points and it has made a huge impact on me. You can do this. We all can. We just have to get our heads properly in the right place and not just hope we can do it but be sure that we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PrincessDee

vitani wrote: »
    I'm not in Weight Watchers but I saw this post and didn't want it to get lost in the thread. I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be hungry (and definitely not starving) while following the WW programme. What are you eating now compared to what you were? Maybe one of the regular posters could give you ideas for food swaps that are more filling.

Hi thanks for your reply :) I was eatting dreadfull before! i'm in my last year of college and have two young boys so it doesnt leave me with alot of time for exerciseetc during the day, so was often eating rubbish on the go, then when kids go bed the boyfriend was a devil for takeaways so would find myself eating that too.
    I think i was so hungry the first day because it was a shock to the system :) but today its going much better. my lunch is satisfying me until the evening

I'm not very overweight but i was a nice size 8, now i'm 14. :( the w w leader said i've just 10lbs to loose, but would be great to get my old body back :)
    Again thanks for your reply:)

• Advertisement

donnamc5 wrote: »
    I just want to say to you that you can break through that weight barrier. It took months and months for me to get past this 11 stone block I was at and to say I was disheartened and lost motivation is a huge understatement but I did it. I started back properly in the last month and am on a full scale mission. I am now over half a stone under that 11 stone barrier and its going down every week. I started doing 5:2 alongside my points and it has made a huge impact on me. You can do this. We all can. We just have to get our heads properly in the right place and not just hope we can do it but be sure that we can.

Hi Donna, I have goose bumps on me reading your post! Thank you so much. I need to know and have faith that I can actually do this. I really have lost this belief and urge to get the weight off.
    I will give the 5:2 ago, it's 500cals for two days a week yes? Do you point these days too?

Thanks again, I very much apprecaite your encouraging words.

stevenaive wrote: »
    Hi, i'm new to ww and im actually just doing it myself with the android app so it's a bit confusing. Can someone explain to me why veg are 0ppts but if they're cooked they are. An d could anyone be so kind to tell me how many ppts in veg fried in fry light?

Im not sure what you mean by veg having propoints if they are cooked but there would only be propoints in cooked veg if you have added anything during the cooking process. Veg fried in a couple of sprays of frylite would still be 0 (obviously discounting any veg like parsnip that are not 0pp)

The only thing that really changes from 0pp is fruit if its juiced. And that is because you are not getting the benefits of the fibre in the fruit and just the pure sugar in liquid form.

Hi Donna, I have goose bumps on me reading your post! Thank you so much. I need to know and have faith that I can actually do this. I really have lost this belief and urge to get the weight off.
    I will give the 5:2 ago, it's 500cals for two days a week yes? Do you point these days too?

Thanks again, I very much apprecaite your encouraging words.

There seems to be loads of different ways of 5:2 and Im not saying you can't lose weight without it, just that my body got to a point it didn't respond to points or exercise. I personally just fast 2 days a week until dinnertime so I can have a normal dinner and don't even count the calories but have a normal healthy dinner. And drink loads of tea and water during the day. That suits me fine but others spread it out over the day as that suits them better.
    I have made a hundred excuses for not losing weight, started and stopped numerous times over the past 2 years and Im embarrassed how many fads I've signed up to for a quick fix. Weightwatchers has taught me to look at foods and question if they're worth it, cook more of my meals from scratch and make swaps to better alternatives from the crap I used to pick.
    I can't wait for the day THIS YEAR when I get back from my hols and don't want to cry when I see the pics of myself. Im going to look in the mirror and be happy with what's looking back at me and not just avoid eye contact with myself and throw on something to hide under. And Im going to be proud of telling my friends how difficult I found it to shift this weight but that because it was so hard Im never going to let it get this out of hand again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I did that last week with the encouragement of another poster on this thread. It was the best decision I've made since before Christmas :) I joined a new class and pretended I was completely new to WW and got a fresh card and folder. I now have 3 of the propoints folders :rolleyes: But I feel so much better for it. I have my first WI tonight and I have that excitement of going to the meeting which I haven't has since I first started WW back in 2009. We can do this with everyone's support on here.

Thanks for the support everyone! First challenge already-packet of fingers has just been opened here in the office. So hard as a) yum! and b) low in pp. But I came here instead of taking one so help me!!! I have 14pp left for the day. My friend wants to meet for a cuppa after work so I'm going to wait and see if she wants to eat and if so, get a plain salad or if not, drink tea and go home for dinner. She is doing slimming world so I think she will want to go somewhere healthy anyway.

Now if those fingers would just stop calling to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Thanks for the support everyone! First challenge already-packet of fingers has just been opened here in the office. So hard as a) yum! and b) low in pp. But I came here instead of taking one so help me!!! I have 14pp left for the day. My friend wants to meet for a cuppa after work so I'm going to wait and see if she wants to eat and if so, get a plain salad or if not, drink tea and go home for dinner. She is doing slimming world so I think she will want to go somewhere healthy anyway.

Now if those fingers would just stop calling to me!!!

Im going to join in also was flying lost 3.5 stone and went away for a weekend to manchester the end of last novemeber and am messing around the a half stone ever since, but enough is enough, i dont want to be one of these people that gets so close to goal but never made it. I have six pounds to goal now and im going to get there by 25th April, thats 6 weeks and is very doable (wrote it down now so it has to happen right?) today is the day im going to buy a new notebook this evening and start tracking everything Onwards and downwards best of luck everyone :D

Whoooooop down 3lbs tonight :D I love my new class. The leader is so motivational and is a great speaker. It makes such a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

I am in the same position as you. 2 weeks ago I weighed in and was up 5lb! It was defo the wake up call I needed. Since last June I have basically been up and down and I am now at exactly the same point I was then! Over the summer I did an internship in a big firm in dublin and it was basically eating out everyday, having a scone here and there, drinks after work etc. So it was a good excuse for not having my head in the game. Then come september I got back down to my 2 stone down and along came another pile of excuses halloween, 21st birthdays, chirstmas and 2 weeks ago was the final straw! I was so disgusted that I had put on 5lb in one week! I realised then and there that a serious change was needed or I would forever be making excuses!

I've lost the 5lb in the last 2 weeks and now I'm determined to get my next silver 7 in 3 weeks! I want to lose another 3 stone and I really want to fat track this! I've been at this 2 stone mark for way too long now! Bought nan exercise bike the other day so no excuses for not exercising! Best of luck in your journey I'm sure you will suceed!

Instructions for courgette spaghetti and my bolognese recipe as promised :-)

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/03/bolognese-with-courgette-spaghetti.html

Ok on day 1 of my new life. Feeling positive so far despite some challenges already - 1. My new scales doesnt work so still on the old one which now only works to show weight and doesn't show loss etc. as it once did. Anyway weighed myself and will sort out the scales during the week. 2. There will be cake in the office at 10.30. I will have a small slice (pp of course) if it's not chocolate. If it is, boo coz none for me! 3. I didnt have time to read all my literature again last night but I will tonight instead. 4. My friend is making us a 4 course meal tomorrow night which he has been planning for ages so it will be delicious but fatty. Its going to be minestrone soup, salmon starter, lamb cutlets and either cheesecake or bread and butter pudding for desert. Any ideas point wise? I think I will have B&B pudding as I don't like it much so I will eat less. I'll eat as few pp as possible during the day 5. St Patricks Day! I think I will be very unIrish and stick to the sparkling water for the day. I don't think I will tell my friends coz they will fuss. I will just sneakily order it and sure who knows the difference when its in the glass.

I feel more prepared than usual for this weekend as I am planning ahead. Fingers crossed. Some inspiring losses here today! Well done everyone.

• Advertisement

Ok on day 1 of my new life. Feeling positive so far despite some challenges already - 1. My new scales doesnt work so still on the old one which now only works to show weight and doesn't show loss etc. as it once did. Anyway weighed myself and will sort out the scales during the week. 2. There will be cake in the office at 10.30. I will have a small slice (pp of course) if it's not chocolate. If it is, boo coz none for me! 3. I didnt have time to read all my literature again last night but I will tonight instead. 4. My friend is making us a 4 course meal tomorrow night which he has been planning for ages so it will be delicious but fatty. Its going to be minestrone soup, salmon starter, lamb cutlets and either cheesecake or bread and butter pudding for desert. Any ideas point wise? I think I will have B&B pudding as I don't like it much so I will eat less. I'll eat as few pp as possible during the day 5. St Patricks Day! I think I will be very unIrish and stick to the sparkling water for the day. I don't think I will tell my friends coz they will fuss. I will just sneakily order it and sure who knows the difference when its in the glass.

I feel more prepared than usual for this weekend as I am planning ahead. Fingers crossed. Some inspiring losses here today! Well done everyone.

Wow that's some great planning for dinner tomorrow! I really need to start working out my plans and using my pp's/ party points.

Good idea re the sparkling water, I defo need to be taking a leaf out of your book!

I was up a whole darn pound and a half.
    It's disappointing but I actually am so happy, a family member was diagnoised with cancer at the beginning of Feb and we're officially over stage 1 and it's contained. YIPPPEEEEEEEE
    So in the bigger picture a small gain isn't too bad. I've had a horrific few weeks and have had so much stress and worry I couldn't even begin to tell you so my weight loss has taken a back seat.

But now I'm more determined than ever. Thank you to so many of the posters this week with great words of encouragement and motivation. I have realised that my weight is the one thing I do have contol of and I need to regain that asap. I don't want to be forever making excuses, like another poster said earlier.

What's more, I want to do it for myself, to feel good no scrap that, to feel GREAT. To fit into clothes and to be healthy. I also want to make my family proud, for them to see that I can do this and I can achieve the weight loss.

GO ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Heading to Thailand this summer which means the tummy will be out! I need a kick up the bum PRONTO! Had gotten sick of WW and changed over to calories and 'clean eating' but I feel I'm gettin nowhere, I do well all week and then one slip up on a Friday or somethin and thats me done... My tummy feels huge :( I'd say I'm a good 7 pounds above my goal weight... The rigidness of WW worked for me in losing but I got to a point where I was tired of counting points and feeling so limited.... Don't know what to do....

Wow that's some great planning for dinner tomorrow! I really need to start working out my plans and using my pp's/ party points.

Good idea re the sparkling water, I defo need to be taking a leaf out of your book!

I was up a whole darn pound and a half.
    It's disappointing but I actually am so happy, a family member was diagnoised with cancer at the beginning of Feb and we're officially over stage 1 and it's contained. YIPPPEEEEEEEE
    So in the bigger picture a small gain isn't too bad. I've had a horrific few weeks and have had so much stress and worry I couldn't even begin to tell you so my weight loss has taken a back seat.

But now I'm more determined than ever. Thank you to so many of the posters this week with great words of encouragement and motivation. I have realised that my weight is the one thing I do have contol of and I need to regain that asap. I don't want to be forever making excuses, like another poster said earlier.

What's more, I want to do it for myself, to feel good no scrap that, to feel GREAT. To fit into clothes and to be healthy. I also want to make my family proud, for them to see that I can do this and I can achieve the weight loss.

GO ME!

Its great when we have that motivational feeling! I'm loving WW atm and eating proper, healthy dinners. Tomorrow I am going to have a steak dinner with mash potatoes and roasted veg. The best bit is rather than craving sweets, I cannot wait to have this dinner :) We can do this!!
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Heading to Thailand this summer which means the tummy will be out! I need a kick up the bum PRONTO! Had gotten sick of WW and changed over to calories and 'clean eating' but I feel I'm gettin nowhere, I do well all week and then one slip up on a Friday or somethin and thats me done... My tummy feels huge :( I'd say I'm a good 7 pounds above my goal weight... The rigidness of WW worked for me in losing but I got to a point where I was tired of counting points and feeling so limited.... Don't know what to do....

Maybe having been away from WW you might not feel like that now? You can easily lose the weight by the summer. I am going away in July as well so would love to be a size that I will be comfortable to wear shorts, bikinis etc. I have a long way to go so not sure if I will. I'm scared and annoyed as this time last year while I wasn't at goal I had lost a ton of inches and wore a bikini on my holiday for the first time. Now a year on with the weight back on, I am dreading the holidays because I've no idea what I'm going to wear :mad:
    Sorry just realised I went on a little rant. 7lbs is easily doable by the summer with tracking and exercise. Maybe if you just persevere with points counting as you have a clear goal in mind.

Its Friday night and I have nothing better to do than be on Boards :cool: The calm before the storm comes to mind as I'm going out tomorrow night and Sunday so alcohol will be consumed in copious amounts :eek: I really hope I can keep the food in check as I want a 2lb loss next week to stay on track with my goals. Hope everyone has a great weekend and that despite the craziness we can have some good losses next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brownel

Anyone know how many pp are in those maple and pecan slices you get in spar or Tesco bakery sections.
    My Nana got me one for tea and didn't have the heart to tell her I prob shouldn't have it.

Not drinking/going out this paddys day.....and cant wait to see a drop on the scales as spending my 3 days off eating within my points, exercise loads, drinking loads of fluids and just relaxing and sleeping well after nearly a year of bad eating, lack of exercise and drinking too much!! (had to go stay with parents in meath to ensure i didnt go out)

i WILL run the whole of the mini marathon in june even if it means being boring for next few months :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

So it bank holiday weekend and I usually dread this! Haven't been out and I'm not planning on going out but I have allowed myself a few treats and as a result I now only have 20 weeklies left! Which normally I wouldn't have a problem with as I usually WI in mondays but now I'm going to class on tuesday and I'm afraid I'll go over my ponts.. Have worked really hard all week so would love to see a loss! May get out and exercise Tomorrow and Tuesday to earn some extra activity points!

My pre drinking dinner. Steak, potatoes, bulked up with roasted carrots and swede in balsamic vinegar, to avoid any fast food in town. Proof you can have a good healthy and hearty dinner while on WW. All for 11 propoints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Ugh!!

I've lost it these past few days! My Dad is very unwell in hospital and we're pretty much camping there for the next however many days! It's not easy when there is a Supermacs accross the road and vending machines in the hospital!

Whatever is easiest is the way it's going at the moment! I'm hoping to reign it back in tomorrow! I have tracked everything I have been eating but it's not been great!

Here's to a lucky few days.

• Advertisement

Very quiet on here today. Must be all the hangovers (myself included). Not gonna lie, went on a pretty big session yesterday and had a few snacks today but luckily I have a couple of hairy dieters minced beef pies in the freezer so at least not tempted with a takeaway. Weighed in this morning just to get it over with and was up 0.6lbs. Back on track tomorrow so hoping to get my 10% next week. So close but I enjoyed the weekend and somehow kept away from chocolate even though I am really craving it today.

Advertisement