Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Uh oh just calculating the damage :mad: Despite my good intentions last night was VERY messy! Anyway not going to dwell on it. I feel a bit embarrassed as Thursday will only be my second WI. I'm going to be really strict and go low carb until WI. Hopefully I can salvage a loss of some kind. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Don't let one bad weekend turn into a bad month. Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I may not have touched a drop of alcohol this weekend but I sure as hell did damage with bad food... All because of one small slip on Thursday... I need to learn not to let one slip turn into 5 days of bad eating :( Back to routine tomorrow thankfully and even better, back to training and exercise, as I've been unwell for the past 2 weeks. Here goes (AGAIN).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Uh oh! Didnt do so well at the weekend. The only drink I had was two bottles of miller and a small glass of wine on Saturday but that was accompanied by a 4 course meal! We stayed in on Paddys Day and rewarded ourselves with movies, pringles and sweets :( I managed to rein it in yesterday and made Hairy Dieters Risotto for dinner. My OH was called into work so I divided the recipe by 4 and just made enough for one as I knew if I made more I would eat it as it is so yummy! I also made my 0pp soup for lunch for the week to try to make up for the weekend. Then I had a great training session yesterday where I played well so felt great after that.

We did our healthiest shopping in a long time yesterday in aldi with loads of fruit and veg such as BNS for chips and courgettes for spaghetti. No sweets or chocolate except some salted crackers. I also picked up some brown rice and brown spaghetti. Aldi is great really!

BNS chips, asparagus (coz I have to use it soon) and HD breaded chicken tonight. Yum!

Oh I was moaning to my OH about my new scales not working properly and he took one look at it and figured out I'd tried to use it completely wrong. Red cheeks for me but now I have a proper scales so I will set it up Friday starting from my (hopefully lower) weight at my WI then.

Onwards and downwards ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

God almighty without doubt I drank my weight in alcohol at the wkend it really was that bad... along with McDonalds, Dominos, Dinner out..... didn't count a single point....... It's done now so trying my hardest to draw a line and move on.......... Major fear today! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Taz1 wrote: »
    I may not have touched a drop of alcohol this weekend but I sure as hell did damage with bad food... All because of one small slip on Thursday... I need to learn not to let one slip turn into 5 days of bad eating :( Back to routine tomorrow thankfully and even better, back to training and exercise, as I've been unwell for the past 2 weeks. Here goes (AGAIN).

Me too! So cross with myself - I thought I was being really virtuous with not arranging any nights out for myself. So I ate all around me instead - feel really silly now. Like yourself I'm back to it today and planning to join a gym when I'm paid on Monday - I really think that the short walks around the block aren't cutting it anymore and I need someone to roar at me and make me lift weights and things...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I actually have no clue how my week went! I can never tell! One week I thought I had a terrible week and ended up losing 2lbs. Anyone else find this? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

Absolute disaster of a weekend. I had been really good for weeks then one night out ruins everything! Im still too fragile to get to the gym so my weigh in tomorrow is probably going to be my first 'gain' Im dreading it....

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

Oh God, I am off the rails. Stayed very good with alcohol over the weekend, didn't touch a drop.

Was working on a festival though, and because we were working 16 hour days, they kept buying us our food. Takeaway every night :( Tried to keep on top of my points but I just weighed myself there and I've lost nothing before my weigh in tomorrow. So disappointed.

Starting to think sod it. Have been good, bar this week, since I joined 4 weeks ago and I've only lost 3.5lbs. Wondering if that's even worth it.

Blargh!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Tomorrow is a new day everyone, had a slip up today already (only on day 1 back on track!), just dont let that one bad decision turn into a day/few days/week of bad decisions..We can do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

bb86 wrote: »
    God almighty without doubt I drank my weight in alcohol at the wkend it really was that bad... along with McDonalds, Dominos, Dinner out..... didn't count a single point....... It's done now so trying my hardest to draw a line and move on.......... Major fear today! :(

Your weekend sounds like mine. Out every day eating and drinking. Planned that I wasn't going to be tracking so I know it has done my weight loss sime damage. Back on track today. Was a great weekend so worth it all.

• Advertisement

I have decided to look past this weeks WI. I'll still go but I'm getting stressed over it and I'm more likely to fall off track that way. It's only my 2nd WI so I really don't want a gain but if it is it is. I lost 3lbs last weeks so it'll balance out anyway over the month. Everyone who had a bad weekend don't turn it into a bad week.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Sorry lads I know I'm repeating someone else's post but I can't find it, wats the best app for iPhone for calculating points and tracking my iphone had to be restored and the only app iCloud doesn't have is my tracker and I'm seriously going to cry its the only thing that keeps me anyway good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Half a pound down, happy days! A loss is a loss! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Sorry lads I know I'm repeating someone else's post but I can't find it, wats the best app for iPhone for calculating points and tracking my iphone had to be restored and the only app iCloud doesn't have is my tracker and I'm seriously going to cry its the only thing that keeps me anyway good!!

I use my score plus, and I love it... Though I've gone a bit slack with tracking the last couple of weeks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hidy hi

How is everyone today? Im in great form as I have discovered my new favourite comfort food - BNS chips! My god what yumminess! I made them last night with some chili powder and left over fajita powder and they were divine. They reminded me of steak house chips as they had that lovely soft middle. I made them with roasted asparagus and HD breaded chicken (my other new favourite). Making food from scratch makes me feel really motivated. And asparagus is delicious and makes the meal look posher. :D

I've started pointing everything in my cupboard and writing the points on the packets so I can't kid myself. Brown rice is high!! 11 points for 100g! So is Korma sauce but I kinda knew it would be. 4pp for 100ml so 20pp for a jar! Sweet and Sour is 2 for 100ml but bolognese and dunnes pasta sauces are 1pp per 100 ml which is handy to know. I do prefer homemade sauces but there is not always time to make them. I also pointed McDonnells curry powder and it was 4 per 118ml serving. Does anyone know a low fat curry/korma alternative? Gravy is 0pp for 57ml serving which again is good to know.

I forgot my flask at work yesterday so had to bring an aldi brown roll (3pp) and salad for lunch but I've football after work so I need the energy anyway.

Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

CavanGal wrote: »

Does anyone know a low fat curry/korma alternative?

Thanks for the good advice CavanGal, I find spices are great for variety. A bit of curry powder in BTS soup makes a nice change.

I got the Aruna curry sauce last night, afaik it's 3 ppts for the 1/2 pack.

Well, it seemed staying away from the booze for Paddy's weekend has helped - down 1lb this morning and FINALLY made it to the two stone mark! I was a bit naughty a few occasions over the weekend food-wise, but I think that being really good the rest of the time has helped immensely. Really, really proud and excited this morning. And my friend who I go to weight watchers with passed the three stone mark this morning, so we are planning a shopping trip on Saturday to buy pretty spring dresses to flaunt our new bodies! I have 1lb to go to goal, though I think I'd like to lose 2lb on top of that (strategically keeping me within the 2lb I need to be for a gold card but giving me a bit of leeway to settle). Delighted with myself - now to lose the last pound and think about maintenance...

I'm also planning on joining a gym next week. I feel like I've lost all this weight but I'm still not toned. I saw a photo of myself last week, and after I had marvelled at my new figure (still not entirely used to it), I noticed that my under arms are all flabby and weird... It's not loose skin (I've only lost two stone and did it slowly) - I feel its more a flaccid triceps muscle! And I think that my core muscles would benefit from some work as well - I still have a (admittedly much smaller than it was) spare tyre. My BMI is 22 now, but I am still a bit squidgy around the edges. I was chatting to my sister and talking about losing another half stone, but she shook her head sadly and said I'd just have to go and sweat it off me. Planks and squats and cross trainers and free weights are probably in my future... I HATE exercise - very happy to walk everywhere, but I really need to change my attitude to the harder stuff :-(

Cavangal - BNS chips are my new 'thing' as well!! I've started to coat mine in one egg white before I cook them, along with whatever spice I feel like (last time I used cayenne and some garlic pepper for very spicy chips). I've also discovered light mayo with a touch of harissa for a sort of chilli mayonaisse - a big pile of chips with a creamy sauce for about 3pp - love it! A life saver for when you fancy a dippy chippy sort of meal. I also find that popping the squash into the microwave for a minute before peeling it makes the job much easier - it was the prep that always put me off it before, but way easier now!

I'm also planning on joining a gym next week. I feel like I've lost all this weight but I'm still not toned. I saw a photo of myself last week, and after I had marvelled at my new figure (still not entirely used to it), I noticed that my under arms are all flabby and weird... It's not loose skin (I've only lost two stone and did it slowly) - I feel its more a flaccid triceps muscle! And I think that my core muscles would benefit from some work as well - I still have a (admittedly much smaller than it was) spare tyre. My BMI is 22 now, but I am still a bit squidgy around the edges. I was chatting to my sister and talking about losing another half stone, but she shook her head sadly and said I'd just have to go and sweat it off me. Planks and squats and cross trainers and free weights are probably in my future... I HATE exercise - very happy to walk everywhere, but I really need to change my attitude to the harder stuff :-(

Well done on you loss. It must be a great feeling to look in the mirror :)

This site has all the basic exercises you would need for a good workout. It has a lot of the same exercises used in 30 Day Shred.

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/best-fat-loss-workout-all-time?page=2

Glad I went, was shaking getting on the scales. Down a 1lb. Could be better, but for the crazy week that was in it with work, it could easily have been a gain.

Going hard for 1.5lbs this week, will be hard as we've a big family wedding over the weekend, but I want to make my first 1/2 stone loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Hey All,
    I've had a tough few days with both eating and drinking. I have something fairly worrying going on in my personal life that is contributing and reawakening my comfort eating behavior. On one level I can't control this and can control my weight.... but emotionally I'm all over the place and struggling then to control the one thing I can!
    How do people manage not to slip into the old comfort eating bad behaviours when being challenged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Had the lovliest lunch today - 1 of the linseed slimbos toasted and topped with 1tbsp low fat mayo mixed with 1/2 tsp pesto, cooked chicken breast, mixed lettuce and tomato - left it open so each side of the slimbo had toppings and i had to eat it with a knife and fork so it lasted longer. Had a side of beetroot and cucumber and it was so tasty and filling! Def will be a lunch time regular, the slimbos are so great!

They're a god send! Feel like something really substantial even though they're so low on propoints. They go with soup, for lunches, I've even had them with chili instead of rice.

Had the lovliest lunch today - 1 of the linseed slimbos toasted and topped with 1tbsp low fat mayo mixed with 1/2 tsp pesto, cooked chicken breast, mixed lettuce and tomato - left it open so each side of the slimbo had toppings and i had to eat it with a knife and fork so it lasted longer. Had a side of beetroot and cucumber and it was so tasty and filling! Def will be a lunch time regular, the slimbos are so great!

How many points are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi,

I am trying to start over again.

Just wondering if anyone would know the propoints of the precut bagels the wholemeal ones in a pack of 5, thanks

Eabhabear wrote: »
    How many points are they?

The slimbos are 3 each - so my lunch was 7pp altogether. I think the spiegel ones are only 2, but I have only tried the pat the baker ones.

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi,

I am trying to start over again.

Just wondering if anyone would know the propoints of the precut bagels the wholemeal ones in a pack of 5, thanks

What brand are they? Tesco.ie is great for getting nutritional value and then you can just use the calculator on the Weight Watcher site :)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Well done on you loss. It must be a great feeling to look in the mirror :)

This site has all the basic exercises you would need for a good workout. It has a lot of the same exercises used in 30 Day Shred.

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/best-fat-loss-workout-all-time?page=2

Jillian is sending me accusing looks off the cover of the 30ds dvd here...I used it a few years ago but thus far have only managed to dig it, my mat and weights out of the recesses of my wardrobe! Working up to sticking her on and commencing the torture again-I've put the DVD on the table and eventually the guilt will get to me!

Gragirl-thinking of you-for me, it can be so hard to maintain good eating habits when comfort eating was always the way I dealt with anything (celebration, bake and eat a cake, sad, get a supermacs, tired, buy Chinese, angry, pasta with a ton if cheese). It is so challenging not to slip back into these habits when things are tough. I had my first argument with new boyfriend on Monday (not even a big thing) and found myself really strongly drawn to the idea of a 3in1! I'm sorry to hear that things are tough for you right now and I can only encourage you not to stress yourself out further by feeling really guilty about food. If you have slipped up, there's nothing you can do now - all you can do is make good choices from this moment on. Maybe make a list of all the reasons that you CAN do this-things like 'I've lost weight before', 'I have a supportive best friend', 'I'm a good cook', 'I love swimming', 'I have a great ww leader' (these are on my list). I know these are small things, but focusing on the positive will help you to feel stronger and get back on track. For me, if I start of ruminate on the negative, I'm likely to say 'sod it' and reach for the bag of tortilla chips. Write a 'my strengths' list and look at it every morning-it has helped me so much to stay on track. Thinking of you, hope things start to look up soon *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Does anyone know if you can weigh in without your card?

I know I've left me card at home and was meant to WI tonight. Thing is I'm going away for the weekend and I kinda don't want the coming bad week sabotage a potential ok week that I've just had.

Does anyone know if you can weigh in without your card?

I know I've left me card at home and was meant to WI tonight. Thing is I'm going away for the weekend and I kinda don't want the coming bad week sabotage a potential ok week that I've just had.

You can get a temp card for a week - all your details will be saved on the computer so they will have your weight at last weight in. Just make sure you mention you were on a temp card when you go back with your own card the following week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Just waiting for my class and really really hoping for at least 3 pounds after a really good weekend and stayed within my points for once!!

my only downfall was over eating those all bran berry crunch cereal straight from the box(so addictive)...but still within my points after it!!

Hoping for first half stone to be gone and never ever seen again!! :)

Advertisement