Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Didn't go for WI this wk. Made a pig of myself all weekend and stretched it out till today at lunch. Couldn't bear to see a gain and was afraid my leader would make me give back my first stone which I only go last week.:eek:So back to tracking from this evening, have my lunch ready for work for tomorrow and will get the walking shoes back on tomorrow evening.

I'll be fine next week but just not in the frame of mind for bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Finally bought the hair dieters book and WOW the food is amazing in it!! Made the Spanish Chicken bake tonight it was just amazing!! And enough there for a few more meals also! The recipes look really tasty and easy... Would defo recommend the book!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

OMG, my boards name is 9 st n 09 meaning that sometime in 08/09 I made a plan to get to 9 st............. 4 years later and i'm 10st11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH, went back to WW today so as this is it, last time starting over, going to change my attitude and adapt a healthier approach and also get my bum back out running!!!!!!!

Hope all here are well, looking forward to the challenge and looking forward to reading back over this thread for some well needed inspiration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Tiny, I made courgette spaghetti last night. Bulked up my sauce with turkey, onion, mushroom and broccoli. Yum! Didn't miss the carbs at all. I am going to turn into a fruit or veg soon with the amount I am eating!

Another tough training session last night. I better be down (despite my bad weekend!) tomorrow! Just been asked to go to the company table quiz after work which means dinner is up in the air. I can see either a platter or sandwiches or both - it's bad either way! I will have to try to find some of that elusive self control! :(

I think I will have to change my WI day to Thursday morning as these Thursday night social activities are screwing up my WI too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

bb86 wrote: »
    Finally bought the hair dieters book and WOW the food is amazing in it!! Made the Spanish Chicken bake tonight it was just amazing!! And enough there for a few more meals also! The recipes look really tasty and easy... Would defo recommend the book!

Looks lovely. Any chance of the recipe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hidy hi

How is everyone today? Im in great form as I have discovered my new favourite comfort food - BNS chips! My god what yumminess! I made them last night with some chili powder and left over fajita powder and they were divine. They reminded me of steak house chips as they had that lovely soft middle. I made them with roasted asparagus and HD breaded chicken (my other new favourite). Making food from scratch makes me feel really motivated. And asparagus is delicious and makes the meal look posher. :D

I've started pointing everything in my cupboard and writing the points on the packets so I can't kid myself. Brown rice is high!! 11 points for 100g! So is Korma sauce but I kinda knew it would be. 4pp for 100ml so 20pp for a jar! Sweet and Sour is 2 for 100ml but bolognese and dunnes pasta sauces are 1pp per 100 ml which is handy to know. I do prefer homemade sauces but there is not always time to make them. I also pointed McDonnells curry powder and it was 4 per 118ml serving. Does anyone know a low fat curry/korma alternat? Gravy is 0pp for 57ml serving which again is good to know.

I forgot my flask at work yesterday so had to bring an aldi brown roll (3pp) and salad for lunch but I've football after work so I need the energy anyway.

Onwards and downwards!

There is a medium curry sauce by knorr 47g pack that is 5pp for the whole 300mls.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

So was down 1/2lb on Tuesday! Delighted with that! Although I didn't go out over the bank holiday weekend I allowed myself a lot of treats! Feels weird only having 6 days this week due to WI on Tuesday instead of Monday this week! Hoping to get o 2 1/2 Stone in the next 4 weeks as have been at 2 Stone for the past 6 months basically! I bought an exercise bike last week so will make sure I put it to good use and earn some extra activity pp to help shift his weight quicker!!

Well done on the weight losses this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Raging was all happy going to my weighin last night after not drinking and eating within points all week....and then only down 0.5 pounds!!

Im happy to have a loss and glad to be down 5 pounds in 4 weeks and not put it on instead but is really coming off slower than ever before!!

Onwards and downwards hopefully next weekend :)

good luck everyone with your weigh ins this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I have eaten a ridiculous amoutn of fruit today. I just cant seem to stop. 1 banana, 2 satsumas, 2 oranges and half a punnet of grapes. This is on top of my breakfast and lunch. I'm working late and need to be kept going but I know this is far too much sugar for one day. At least its fruit and not chocolate is all i can say.

have a nice healthy dinner waiting for me at home - just need to hide the fruit for th erest of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

Well, after what I though would be my first gain I went down 2.5 pounds?! I wasnt even good this week! I dont get it!!! But I am not going to complain! I'm going to have a skinny week this week before the dreaded easter eggs take over..........

• Advertisement

didn't go to WI this wk.am prepaid up for another 5 wks.would i be better off to take this wk as a holiday wk or to pay whatever the missed payment costs?on a more positive note,have gotten back on track big time this wk.have resisted chocolate and an Indian takeaway.sticking to my own food.feel better about next weeks WI already.! also started using the hairy dieters book,loving it.even my OH is impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

javagal wrote: »

There is a medium curry sauce by knorr 47g pack that is 5pp for the whole 300mls.
    The Aruna curry sauce is 1pp per 100g the whole pack 300g so def 3 for pack it's really nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I was up a lb :mad: Disappointed but not surprised after the weekend and grateful it wasn't more! I still have a 2lb loss in 2 weeks so I'm not going to worry about it. I just realised I have something on for the next three weekends so I'm really going to have to put an effort in during the week. I need to start up the exercise as well.
    I have eaten a ridiculous amoutn of fruit today. I just cant seem to stop. 1 banana, 2 satsumas, 2 oranges and half a punnet of grapes. This is on top of my breakfast and lunch. I'm working late and need to be kept going but I know this is far too much sugar for one day. At least its fruit and not chocolate is all i can say.

have a nice healthy dinner waiting for me at home - just need to hide the fruit for the rest of the day

This is what I was going to reply! Its natural sugar so it won't have too much of a negative effect. If you have weeklies left, I would just count some of it. An old leader of mine used to say 'you didn't get fat by eating a ton of apples a day'.
    maryfred wrote: »
    didn't go to WI this wk.am prepaid up for another 5 wks.would i be better off to take this wk as a holiday wk or to pay whatever the missed payment costs?on a more positive note,have gotten back on track big time this wk.have resisted chocolate and an Indian takeaway.sticking to my own food.feel better about next weeks WI already.! also started using the hairy dieters book,loving it.even my OH is impressed.

I would just use your holiday. It doesn't make a difference if you use it now or later so its really more if you have a personal/financial reason for doing so. Just make sure you say it to the clerk before you give her the card that you want to use a holiday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Really enjoying all your posts, very encouraging!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I was up a lb :mad: Disappointed but not surprised after the weekend and grateful it wasn't more! I still have a 2lb loss in 2 weeks so I'm not going to worry about it. I just realised I have something on for the next three weekends so I'm really going to have to put an effort in during the week. I need to start up the exercise as well.

This is what I was going to reply! Its natural sugar so it won't have too much of a negative effect. If you have weeklies left, I would just count some of it. An old leader of mine used to say 'you didn't get fat by eating a ton of apples a day'.

I would just use your holiday. It doesn't make a difference if you use it now or later so its really more if you have a personal/financial reason for doing so. Just make sure you say it to the clerk before you give her the card that you want to use a holiday week.
    I have missed the past two weeks and I too have 4 outstanding prepays!

I am going on a weeks holiday at Easter also :(

Ifi don't attend for two more weeks do I lose all my prepays?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I have missed the past two weeks and I too have 4 outstanding prepays!

I am going on a weeks holiday at Easter also :(

Ifi don't attend for two more weeks do I lose all my prepays?

No, I don't think so. When I missed a load of classes I didn't loose any of them as I still had my card. I had to "re-join" so paid the €20 and got my books again and then could us the pre-pays after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Had the lovliest lunch today - 1 of the linseed slimbos toasted and topped with 1tbsp low fat mayo mixed with 1/2 tsp pesto, cooked chicken breast, mixed lettuce and tomato - left it open so each side of the slimbo had toppings and i had to eat it with a knife and fork so it lasted longer. Had a side of beetroot and cucumber and it was so tasty and filling! Def will be a lunch time regular, the slimbos are so great!

Where do you get those Tiny? I had a look at your blog. You look amazing! Well done and keep up the good work with maintaining.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

happyday wrote: »
    Where do you get those Tiny?

You can get slimbos in all the grocery shops now - brennans brand. I also saw speigels (sp?) in Dunnes and someone said they are only 2pp but I havent pointed them myself. Slimbos are so handy for lunch as they are filling and you can freeze them just take out one each night to defrost for lunch the next day.

I was down 2lbs today. Delighted with that considering my pig out at the weekend and the fact that I had two coronas and some fingerfood for dinner last night. I had 16pp left but I'd say the figure food was more than that. I have my chocolate bakery course tomorrow so I'll have to try not to pig out! Hopefully being around so much chocolate will put me off it so I can continue my ban but I doubt it! I have a match tomorrow evening so that is extra motivation to eat little as I dont want to be full and getting cramps during our first match of the year. Nothing major planned for Sunday so I can spend it shopping, cooking and planning!

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CinnamonGum

So delighted to have found all you fellow weight watchers followers!!! After having 2 babies in 2 years along with a massive 50lbs weight gain I joined in April (wasnt in the right state of mind but managed to get 14lbs off) rejoined again in September.........33lbs down later and starting to feel like I finally recognise my own body again!!
    Love, Love reading all your tips a few of my quick 1 propoint fixes that I could not live without are:

Aildi Light Hot Chocolate (Cheapest by far and contain more sachets per box than other brands)
    Babybel Light
    ww. caramel mallows (much bigger than the chaper brands, I buy them in Deals for €1.49)

Best of luck everybody!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Hey everyone, haven't posted in ages have been up and down since christmas really struggling to get back into the whole thing but im doing really good this week, although at this stage in the week thats a pretty normal thing, its from here till Monday morning that the damage is done. Im really determined not to lose the run of things this weekend. Ill use my 49 for treats but have to stop at that. So fingers crossed everything goes to plan.
    Cant decide what to do about Easter, Buy an Egg or buy a few cream eggs, or buy nothing and just help the kids with theirs. What is everyone else planning to help them get through the Easter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Eeeep :eek:

Joining Monday. 68lbs to lose. Afraid. VERY AFRAID! :(

I know a few people have tried 5:2 before. How did you's get on? Did you notice a difference is general feeling and on the scales? I've been feeling very run down lately and I know its to do with my diet. I've heard that 5:2 is good for general energy so I want to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

You guys are so knowledgeable. I'm going to Siam Thai tomorrow - any suggestions on what is tasty but good value in points terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Just back from 1st run in 4 weeks nearly died after 10 mins but stuck it out for 35 :-) back on track with a vengeance today. Hope everybody has a good weekend T xx

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PrincessDee

Hi I didnt get the chance this week to write about my weigh in.Lost 8lbs, was shocked as I used all my weeklys and said to the leader even before i got weighed I'll probably weigh more now as I've just drank a bottle of water.Was not expecting that big a weight loss in one week,but was delighted... Dont know how i feel I am doing this week, i havent been as good , would be happy with any weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Hi I didnt get the chance this week to write about my weigh in.Lost 8lbs, was shocked as I used all my weeklys and said to the leader even before i got weighed I'll probably weigh more now as I've just drank a bottle of water.Was not expecting that big a weight loss in one week,but was delighted... Dont know how i feel I am doing this week, i havent been as good , would be happy with any weight loss.

That is massive. Wow!! U must be doing something right....... Please share :-)

weighed myself this morning at home.scales said 11st 7lbs, 5lbs down from my last WW weigh in.was beyond excited,went to get my OH so he could see also,and when i got up on the scales again i was 11st 12lbs! So, I either gained 5lbs in about 3 mins or my scales aren't what you might call accurate.I'm going to go with the wonky scales because the alternative is truly frightening! Hmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Well done everyone! As a new WW member ye are inspiring!
    Lost 7.5lbs in past few ewes. Then was up half pound last week. I was sick so went mad on lozengers to help with my sore throat. Did no exercise. Feeling v sorry for myself this week too. Still sick. No exercise but sticking to my daily allowance for dear life. Shud I c a difference on the scale even if I've no exercise done? Feel rotten so just can't go out.
    Is there a link here at all that has list of points for takeaways? Haven't used my extra points and would love one some night maybe....anyway thanks so much

Welcome to all the newbies. This is a great support tool and will definitely help you in your journey. PrincessDee that's a fantastic loss and is common in week one. Just a word of caution you may not lose any weight next week or even gain a lb or 2. If this happens don't be disheartened as it is normal after having such a big loss.

• Advertisement

Welcome to all the newbies. This is a great support tool and will definitely help you in your journey. PrincessDee that's a fantastic loss and is common in week one. Just a word of caution you may not lose any weight next week or even gain a lb or 2. If this happens don't be disheartened as it is normal after having such a big loss.

Advertisement