Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Eabhabear, Your blog looks great! Well done for documenting your losses. It will be brill to look back over it when you reach your goal and you will be able to see all the hard work u put in on your journey!

Anyone know the points value of soda water an lime or sparkling mineral water?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

donnamc5 - keep your spirits up. We all have bad weeks, when you are better physically, you will be able to get back into it. get well soon!

Fab blog Eabhabear, so inspiring.

So far, I've lost nearly a stone, another stone and a half to go. But at this stage, I really realise that it is going to take ages, especially with holidays coming up.

Overall though, its great to feel that my clothes are now fitting properly and some are even too big!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I always feel like I clog up this thread with my life story and my constant moaning about falling off track :D I decided to start a blog in the hope it might keep me motivated. It's more like a diary of my weight loss and more for myself than anything else. Here's the link in case anyone might be interested in reading. I have put up a couple of entries to begin with but hopefully over time I'll put up photos, recipes etc. It is kind of plain at the moment!

http://eabhabear.blogspot.ie/

Eabhabear this is brilliant! I wanted to follow it so I get alerts when you update but cant seem to find a link to it. From my own experiences my blog definitely helped me focus my efforts and get me to goal!!

I ended up way off track this weekend but managed to pull it back. Missed my meeting which I am a bit upset about. But off to vegas in 2 days which I am sooooo excited about. Have decided I am going to try low carb while I am in vegas - enjoy my food and my alcohol but try not to have bread or potato or pasta and see how that works for me! Definitely no chips anyway!

This place has a great vibe lately. Best of luck everyone - keep up the good work and Ill be counting on you all to get me back on the straight and narrow after vegas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

Kg703: So sorry for all the questions! Where did you find the Jamie rub? I was in Dunnes earlier and didn't see it (could also try the Superquinn nearby). Looking forward to hearing all about your weight loss journey with your OH - good on both of you!

I am the hugest fan of mini-goals - every time I achieved another small milestone I would run home from WW to tick off my list. It was much easier to stay motivated when it was only 3-4lbs to the next goal rather than 20 lbs to goal! I have two week goals to go now (to 10st4.5lb and my goal weight and to 10st2lb which is a small wee goal I've set for myself as it was my first ever goal weight when I went to WW ten years ago. I never got there and I'm DETERMINED this time).

Just had a Kitkat (2 fingered one) dipped in tea for a treat. I didn't realise until recently that the mini Kitkats are only 3pp - for two fingers. And I LOVES them all melty from a cup of tea. Also excited to note that they have brought back the silver paper that you can run your finger over to see the Kitkat markings on before you eat. It's the small things! Roast cauli and egg fried Amoy straight to wok noodles for dinner for 6pp later.

I got it in Superquinn! I shouldn't be allowed in there I always end up spending a fortune.....everything is so tasty :) the orange kit kats are also one of my favourite treats dipped in tea.....mmmm I have to go to bed before I raid the cupboard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm going really well. I'm actually my lowest weight in about ten years at this point. I've lost 20.5lbs so far. Really chuffed with myself. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Purple paw - that's fantastic. congratulations.
    All diet or diet and exercise?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

So annoyed this morning. I'm up .5lb. I tracked carefully all week and I'm still hovered around 10st6. Ugh. I'm actually a bit disheartened - I was SURE that I would hit goal this week. And with Easter this weekend, I'm sure that next week'll be a no go as well.

I know I'm lucky not to have plateaued up to this point and it does seem to point to my goal weight being my ideal weight (seeing as I've settled so comfortably close to it). However, I'm just cranky because I feel like I'll never get there. My goal for Easter plan hasn't happened... I did eat an absolute HAPE of cauliflower last night and I'm wondering has my system just not processed it yet and that's where the half pound came from. But then that feels like a pure excuse.

I feel there's no getting away from it. My walks around the block are not cutting it and I need to start some serious training to get the last pound off....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Just had a Kitkat (2 fingered one) dipped in tea for a treat. I didn't realise until recently that the mini Kitkats are only 3pp - for two fingers. And I LOVES them all melty from a cup of tea. Also excited to note that they have brought back the silver paper that you can run your finger over to see the Kitkat markings on before you eat. It's the small things! Roast cauli and egg fried Amoy straight to wok noodles for dinner for 6pp later.

The mini Kitkats in Aldi or Lidl (can't remember which) are Nestle kitkats but the fingers are shorter and are only 2pp each. A lovely little treat but it's hard to just have one when you have a big bag of them.

OH bought me a Magnum last night coz he felt sorry for me as I've a sore leg from football. Put me way over my points coz of course, I had to eat it! :rolleyes: On top of that, I can't go training this evening as leg is still at me so I don't want to strain it. By the looks of the weather, training might be cancelled anyway.

I really want to tick off my first goal on Friday so tomorrow I am going to do a 500 day to give me a boost and to make up for the magnum and missing training.

Just got an email from HR saying the Easter Bunny is on his way. I don't know if a happy or sad face is appropriate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CinnamonGum

http://eabhabear.blogspot.ie/[/QUOTE]

Eabhabear I just read your blog, fair play to you for been so brutally honest as I could completely relate to you....I binge the exact same way but would never have the courage to let anybody know what I eat as I hide the wrappers (and yes it was always the family sized packs!).....You are so brave and I am so glad to have learned that I am not alone in the way I think and relate to food and myself......thank you.
    The very best of luck with your journey - You Go Girl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

So have been MIA for a few days.. Was up 1.5lb on Monday.. Totally deserved.. Was fine until Friday.. Then went to the shop and bought a bar of chocolate as well as going out for lunch.. Saturday I didn't hold back either just ate junk food and the same on Sunday.. Back in track now though and determined to stay on track. Have been good the past month bar that one slip up! Need to move past this mark have been in and around 12st 7lb for the past 8 months!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I am loving my new found motivation! Last night I had decided to skip WI this week and just have a day off today. I'm on antibiotics so I was weary of WI. I woke up this morning and my scales showed a STS so I scrapped last nights plan and I decided to go and find a meeting this morning. I am so glad I did as I was down a lb :D Its the lb I put on last week but still I'm happy! So that's 3lbs in 3 weeks which is slow but it's still down.
    Eabhabear this is brilliant! I wanted to follow it so I get alerts when you update but cant seem to find a link to it. From my own experiences my blog definitely helped me focus my efforts and get me to goal!!

Thanks. It might be a setting issue so I'll have a look and let you know if I fix it. Have a great time in Vegas. I'm so jealous of you. I would love to be jetting off somewhere.
    So annoyed this morning. I'm up .5lb. I tracked carefully all week and I'm still hovered around 10st6. Ugh. I'm actually a bit disheartened - I was SURE that I would hit goal this week. And with Easter this weekend, I'm sure that next week'll be a no go as well.

As you said you are so close to goal so that can happen. If you stick to the plan then it will come off. Talk to your leader as they probably have advice on those last few weeks.
    http://eabhabear.blogspot.ie/[/QUOTE]

Eabhabear I just read your blog, fair play to you for been so brutally honest as I could completely relate to you....I binge the exact same way but would never have the courage to let anybody know what I eat as I hide the wrappers (and yes it was always the family sized packs!).....You are so brave and I am so glad to have learned that I am not alone in the way I think and relate to food and myself......thank you.
    The very best of luck with your journey - You Go Girl!!

Thanks! It's nice to know that we are not alone in this journey. Oh I hide my wrappers as well. No-one in real life so to speak knows how much I used to eat and I would be mortified if they did. Good luck to you too :)

As part of my starting over I am making a more conscious effort to track and point any alcohol I consume. I have made a list of some alcoholic drinks on my blog. It will come in handy this weekend. I am hoping to add more to it later especially cocktails!

http://eabhabear.blogspot.ie/2013/03/alcohol-propoints.html

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

I'm not sure where I stand!

Went off the rails a little this week. Had a wedding and a second serious night on the town. I drank all around me and ended up home with a pizza in my hands! Was dreading this week's weigh in but actually, I've had my biggest loss since my initial weigh in - down 2lbs! Although it's very bizarre. I bought the WW weighing scales and after weighing myself there this afternoon (after my official weigh in) I'm already up 2lbs apparently!

Ah well, moving in the right direction I guess, just have that cheating feeling you used to get in school when you copied someone's homework :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Purple paw - that's fantastic. congratulations.
    All diet or diet and exercise?

Thank you so much :D

Diet and exercise. Started C25k Monday, Wednesday and Friday and walking the other days. :)

I have it sorted now so you should be able to get alerts. Have a great time in Vegas :)

I am down 2lbs this week! My scales lied to me! Hurrah! I really wanted to treat myself after but I forgot this Sunday is roast dinner and chocolate day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I STS this morning. Not bad considering my weekend of birthday parties/nights out (three in total). I've let my Lenten fast slide since the weekend too.... I had been off all nice things (including crisps), but when I was making rocky road the other day for my friends party, I slipped and ate (inhaled actually) quite a quantity of marshmallows. Then I had some cake, and biscuits at the party, and I've been a bit slack ever since too.
    I've still avoided chocolate though, which I'm proud of (self-confessed addict here!!), and I can't wait for my Easter egg on Sunday!!! Going to try and avoid going back to my old (chocolate fuelled) ways... I've managed quite nicely without it!!!
    Need to be extra good til the weekend so that I've plenty weeklies for Sunday. I also need to start tracking properly again. I was super good for a while... Really proved to myself that I can stick to this program when I really want to!
    Well done and good luck this week folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi =)
    I'm going for lunch with my Mum for her birthday tomorrow!

I am wondering if ANYONE would have an idea of how many pp in a dish called wok fried beef? (From a restaurant called Lemongrass)

It comes in whats called a Bento Box! It's quite like a beef stir fry..

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Have WI today at lunch time and i have had a great week tracked everything ate all my weeklys and some exercise points but not to go over on my weeklys at the weekend is really good. But i just have a feeling that it wont show on the scales but i think im just preparing myself for the worse scenario. I dont want to be going thinking i had a great week and then get a STS or a gain.

I have promised my little girl i would bake with her this weekend for Easter, going to make some cupcakes and maybe some easter nest rice crispie buns, Is anyone able to do this with out doing real damage and if so have you any tips cause i can see myself being found under the table with chocolate all over my face like a 2 year old :D undoing the good work i did this week. Was really hoping i could save all my 49s for sunday nice easter dinner and a chocolate egg of some discription

A good thing to make is to get as small amount of chocolate as possible and point it, melt it and what I love is chopped strawberries, blackberries, banana and mango and make a chocolate fruit salad. Its good and bold at the same time and absolutely delicious. My neice and nephew love making smoothies too they choose their 'colour' and help me make them.

If you are making cupcakes and cant resist - allow yourself one with your daily PP or exercise PP and try to avoid licking the spoon too much :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

WI yesterday,down 2.5lbs!well pleased!missed WI last week and had a funny couple of wks,but really settled back into things the last wk so its great to see the result.the aim at the minute is to reach 11st by the end of April.can see such a difference in my body shape already that its motivating me to keep goin.can comfortably fit into a size 14 now.size 12 here i come! (-;

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

I tried the spiegels naps today and they're a lot nicer than the slimbos i think! They're softer so they don't need to be toasted before eating like i found with the slimbos. Yum yum and only 2pp for 1. I got them in dunnes and id recommend them definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Finger food and 4 corona last night does not bode well for my WI tomorrow. I also have a Lily O'Briens Easter Bunny leering at me. Anyone have any idea of points? No nutritional info on the box and the link on the website doesn't work. HELP! If I know the points I can plan, otherwise I will just inhale the blooming thing and pretend I didn't. I am going to try to at least hold off on eating it until after my WI tomorrow morning. I can see myself getting up at 6am just so I can WI and eat the egg! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

A 100g Lindt bunny is 15pp if that helps at all! Got a list this week.

cailindana wrote: »
    I tried the spiegels naps today and they're a lot nicer than the slimbos i think! They're softer so they don't need to be toasted before eating like i found with the slimbos. Yum yum and only 2pp for 1. I got them in dunnes and id recommend them definitely.

If you still have the wrapper, could you post a picture? I have been looking for them in Dunnes but can't find them. I don't really know what I'm looking for :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Had wi today and was down 2.5lbs really happy with that now the plan is try not put it back on this weekend :) hope to save most of my weeklys for Sunday Happy Easter everyone hope it's a good one enjoy and embrace it and if we fall off the wagon for a day or two what harm we can get right back on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Eabhabear wrote: »
    If you still have the wrapper, could you post a picture? I have been looking for them in Dunnes but can't find them. I don't really know what I'm looking for :confused:

In Dunnes stores the spiegals/slimbos are displayed beside to bagels/hot dog rolls etc in the bread aisle.
    Flatish pack with orange and black printing on.
    Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Happy Good Friday everybody. Not a bit holy but delighted to be off work till next Wed :) Just finished breakfast, tonights fish pie all ready to go into oven later, tomorrow nights beef stew ready to go into slow cooker in the morning and I'm all set for a 4k run with a friend at 12. Oh what I wouldn't do for a 3 day week every week and the kids in camp till 2.30 with no homework when they come home :D:D

Didn't get to my wi this this (great start to my return to WW :eek: ) but am down 2lbs on my scales so keeping positive.

Have a lovely Easter

T xx

Ps looking forward to stalking all your blogs later on xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

I don't know if this site has been posted before but I'll post it just in case

http://www.abetterme.ie/joomla/

This is the website of an excellent leader in Limerick, I've been to most of the different classes in Limerick and must admit I always end up back at Verettes classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Smidge wrote: »
    In Dunnes stores the spiegals/slimbos are displayed beside to bagels/hot dog rolls etc in the bread aisle.
    Flatish pack with orange and black printing on.
    Hope this helps:)

http://www.spiegelbakery.com/# Have a look at this website and there are photos of Spiegel's Sandwich Skinnys. I think that is what you are looking for. Must have a look for them myself.

Advertisement