Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I am loving this whole blogging experience! It has kept me occupied while I have been off work. I have just uploaded two new entries about getting through the Easter weekend. http://eabhabear.blogspot.ie/

I am just after having the nicest lunch. Slimbo, smoked salmon and boiled egg with a bit of low fat caeser dressing on top and all for only 8 propoints. I think the key to being successful at WW is variety and eating healthy and tasty meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

Hey guys hope all is well! Im back after a terrible few weeks.. and need a bit of advice! Ok tomorrow is Easter Sunday so I'll be having turkey and ham for my dinner and because i've a birthday to go to I have to go out for dinner that nigt and then to a nightclub! Very afraid of points! I've looked up the restaurant menu and am wondering which would be better to pick-
    Freshly grilled salmon or Colourful Mediterranean vegetables sauted on the grill & finished with our homemade mild chilli sauce & served with Basmati rice
    Thanks a mil guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Rawwrrrr, at my meeting which I was late for (so not sure if I got it all), my leader was telling us to be careful with salmon as it is relatively high in points. But you have to be careful with rice too, especially restaurant portions. Between a rock and a hard place.
    Enjoy it anyway, whatever you decide!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 BMSF

I've decided to go back to my old class on Wednesday. 11st 9lbs on my scales (prob more on the WW ones) wish me luck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 BMSF

Just a quick question. When I was a member before I never paid in bulk. Think I'll do the 5 for price of 6 weeks. does that mean I'll pay €50 joining or €60? thanks!!

• Advertisement

BMSF wrote: »
    Just a quick question. When I was a member before I never paid in bulk. Think I'll do the 5 for price of 6 weeks. does that mean I'll pay €50 joining or €60? thanks!!

You will pay €60 as you have to pay the rejoining fee. So your first week is €18.30 and your remaining weeks will effectively be €8.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Could not resist a single bit of chocolate today!!! I am the biggest chocoholic going.... Would break a piece off an egg, say not eating anymore of it now, then just break another lil piece off to make the part im putting away all even to wrap it up, before i know it, its not worth putting whats remaining back in the foil so have the whole lot gone! Im such a disaster! Think its time i give up choc fully! Its completely my downfall and the reason why im not losing what weight i should be! Im not the person who can have a little and resist the rest its all or nothing for me! Going to try go without tomor and see how far i get!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Today is a new day and a new month. No better time to dust off the cobwebs and get back on track! My weekend did not go according to plan (food wise) but I am not going to fret over it. How I feel this morning has put me off eating crap. I have exactly three months until I go on holidays so I want 21 lbs gone by then. That is 13 weeks so an average of a 1.5 lb loss a week.

I am going to try two challenges this month. The first is a fitness challenge. I want to complete the 30 Day Shred. The other I got from the US weight watchers site. It is a binge end challenge. It is based on the theory that it takes 21 days to break a habit and form new ones. I am quite competitive so I think this could be a good way to help overcome my addiction to sugar. My plan is to go April without having a binge. Easier said than done but I am going to take it a day at a time. My body and my bank balance will thank me in the long run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hello All,
    Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. Well, I didn't weigh in last week cos of back pain and ibuprofen related issues. I didn't track for a whole week and I had a long weekend in London so as you can imagine I was bracing myself this morning for a bad one. Up a lb. A single lb for a whole week. I can absolutely live with that and I am well and truelly back on track this morning. My back feels much better and I am planning on trying out a yoga dvd I have at home a couple of times a week to try and stretch it out so it doesn't seize up again.
    The sun is shining, It's the start of a brand new month and I have exactly 59 days until the end of my exams and the beginning of my Croatia holiday. Can I get bikini ready by then??? Challenge accepted :)

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Hello All,
    Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. Well, I didn't weigh in last week cos of back pain and ibuprofen related issues. I didn't track for a whole week and I had a long weekend in London so as you can imagine I was bracing myself this morning for a bad one. Up a lb. A single lb for a whole week. I can absolutely live with that and I am well and truelly back on track this morning. My back feels much better and I am planning on trying out a yoga dvd I have at home a couple of times a week to try and stretch it out so it doesn't seize up again.
    The sun is shining, It's the start of a brand new month and I have exactly 59 days until the end of my exams and the beginning of my Croatia holiday. Can I get bikini ready by then??? Challenge accepted :)

Wow well done on only a lb gain. I have exactly 90 days until my Croatia holiday! What part are you going to? My challenge is 21 lbs plus inches to get the bikini body.

I am undecided whether to WI this week. Normally my advice would be definitely go as it'll make it easier next week. However my body has taken such a beating the last week or so. I was off sick all last week and I'm still on medication. My appetite has been all over the place, one day hungry and eating everything, the next not eating that much. My WI is thursday and atm my scales are showing a big gain. I'm going away to London this weekend as well so really not sure what do to. Sorry about the rant its just frustrating getting sick when I finally got my motivation back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Wow well done on only a lb gain. I have exactly 90 days until my Croatia holiday! What part are you going to? My challenge is 21 lbs plus inches to get the bikini body.

I am undecided whether to WI this week. Normally my advice would be definitely go as it'll make it easier next week. However my body has taken such a beating the last week or so. I was off sick all last week and I'm still on medication. My appetite has been all over the place, one day hungry and eating everything, the next not eating that much. My WI is thursday and atm my scales are showing a big gain. I'm going away to London this weekend as well so really not sure what do to. Sorry about the rant its just frustrating getting sick when I finally got my motivation back!

Ooh. I am flying into Dubrovnik, then sailing for a week around the islands, then Split, Trogir and Plitvice lakes. Canny wait. Never been before but have heard so many good things.
    I know how you feel about sickness getting in the way. Was really downhearted about not getting my Easter target and I normally never miss a weigh in because I know that could be a slippery slope but the ibuprofen messed up my metabolism so much I knew I would be way up and that would set me up for major failure. I know now I made the right call. On the other hand, I am not as motivated for a week ahead of tracking if I don't weigh in and know what I am working for the following week. I hope that makes sense. Its totally your call but I normally just bite the bullet, accept I am probably going to be up but let that spur me on for the following week.

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Ooh. I am flying into Dubrovnik, then sailing for a week around the islands, then Split, Trogir and Plitvice lakes. Canny wait. Never been before but have heard so many good things.
    I know how you feel about sickness getting in the way. Was really downhearted about not getting my Easter target and I normally never miss a weigh in because I know that could be a slippery slope but the ibuprofen messed up my metabolism so much I knew I would be way up and that would set me up for major failure. I know now I made the right call. On the other hand, I am not as motivated for a week ahead of tracking if I don't weigh in and know what I am working for the following week. I hope that makes sense. Its totally your call but I normally just bite the bullet, accept I am probably going to be up but let that spur me on for the following week.

I'm flying into Dubrovnik as well and then hitting the islands. We haven't got the plan finalised yet.
    Thanks for the advice. You're right about getting motivated for the week ahead. I think I might go and WI tonight accept whatever gain it will be and then I have until next Thursday to get a good loss. It's also my TOTM as well so I think if I don't WI this week I'll either see a gain next week or STS which will demotivated me. If I WI I should see a loss of some kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Right so, an appalling Easter weekend :-). I had a dinner in my house for a group of friends (healthy WW friendly meal but of course ate too much), went on a big night out on Saturday, had Dominos on Sunday (personal pizza with reduced fat cheese and wedges but I'd say about a million pp all the same) and went for dinner with the boy last night (he also produced a box of Butler's chocs for an Easter present and I am trying my best to stay away).

Literally I wont be surprised if I'm up 5lbs... But such is life and I knew what I was doing. I've had my treats and I am going to get back on track now.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi all,
    I'd a lovely surprise at WI on Thursday, down a whole 1.5 pounds.
    I worked out my target, a pound a week would have me at goal by my birthday in July. But being the clever clogs that I am, I missed out the whole month of MAY!
    So I could actually by at my goal by 27 June, in time for my birthday!!!
    A pound a week is so unbelievably achieveable

Eabhabear, thanks I will look at the 30DS, thinking of trying a few online samples first.

I'm going back to running next week and also going to take up tennis. I was thinking this morning it's such a pity I'm not getting up before work in the mornings now that it's so much brighter. Even if I got up at 6.30, I could get a 30 min walk/ run or even 30DS in before work.

Hmmm 30DS done before my day even begins...now there is a bright idea ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hey all

So like a few of you, disastorous weekend! I thought it wasnt to bad until I pointed just now. Wow those eggs are so deceiving! How can something hollow be so high in pp? Myself and my OH stayed in a hotel on Saturday night and we slept in on Sunday morning so missed the big fry up in the hotel thankfully.

I am on a 500 day today and will be do one Thursday as well to try to undo some of the damage. I seriously dont want a big gain as I just got my first mini goal on Friday. The one positive is that I dont WI until Friday so I have a few days to do some damage control. I had training yesterday evening as well so at least I got some exercise in.

I really recommend mini goals to anyone who is struggling at the moment.

Well I decided to go and get this weeks WI out of the way and I was up 2.5 lbs. Considering the past week, I'm quite happy with that. I'm so glad I went as I don't have to stress over my WI next week. If you think about it the only thing a gain does is set your goals back a week and that'll happen whether you WI or not. If you WI, it will give you that motivation you need.

Everyone who is feeling down or guilty after the weekend, try and make your WI. You will feel so much better after whether you are up, STS or down. It means you can move on and focus on a loss next week.
    Eabhabear, thanks I will look at the 30DS, thinking of trying a few online samples first.

I'm going back to running next week and also going to take up tennis. I was thinking this morning it's such a pity I'm not getting up before work in the mornings now that it's so much brighter. Even if I got up at 6.30, I could get a 30 min walk/ run or even 30DS in before work.

Hmmm 30DS done before my day even begins...now there is a bright idea ;)

I was only thinking this morning how I should get up early as this morning was gorgeous outside.
    For anyone wanting to try 30DS I'd try it on YouTube first. There's loads of fitness DVDs on there including most of Jillian Michaels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

3lbs down :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

So I finally went to a meeting and had a WI last night...last time I went was 5th March. I was delighted after everything to be half a pound down!!!! I really was expecting to be 2 or 3 lb up so I was thrilled.

Came home and finished the easter egg and now that's it. Track track track for the next month and hopefully get 5 or 6 pounds down for my holiday in May.

Good luck everyone.

Ok back on the wagon. I did my 500 day yesterday but messed up by having a lindor ball and a melo-cake at work. They work out around 70cals each so I reached my 500 by 3pm!! I did a bit of shopping on the way home- not food thankfully - and bought myself a bottle of sparkling water. When I got home, I didn't feel too hungry so decided to wait for a while and ended up going to bed without eating. I couldn't believe it as evenings are always my downfall and the time when I am most likely to binge. It is a lesson to myself that if I can survive without any food then I certainly don't need an entire packet of WW bars or a Magnum on a non-fast day. I am going to do another 500 day tomorrow but avoid any temptations and use my calories wisely.

On a separate note, I got a gorgeous pair of red capri pants in Penneys yesterday as well as some lovely summery shorts and shirts. Delighted with how they look on me (and the low price). Now all I need is the good weather to show them off!

Cavan Gal - I may have to copy you with the red capri pants - they sound faboosh!

Stayed the same - really can't believe as it was a DISASTEROUS weekend. Delighted to be honest, but it means I'm still hovering with two lbs of my goal weight - for the last fecking month!! I did start the C25K programme last week, and just started week 2 today - the running nearly KILLS me, but I can actually get through it now. I'd say six months ago when I was two stone heavier there wouldn't have been a chance that I could have run for a minute, never mind repeating it eight times! I also downloaded loads of running music to the iphone - I was bopping about the place to Riverdance this morning - I nearly started doing sevenses down the footpath! I stayed to class this morning for the first time in ages, and I really feel motivated. What I think I need to do is match my exercise and eating - I always seem to manage one or the other and it's time to bring it all together.

Fingers crossed I can do it this week. The sun is shining and I'm feeling positive. Measure, record and run - that is my plan for the week and I fully intend to be at goal in two weeks. Two weeks, two lbs. Seven weeks, five k run. Bring. It. On.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

First weigh in this morning. Down 7 pounds. Could not be happier. I was hopeful for up to 3 pounds so delira with myself, a nice little kick start :)

Well done everyone, we got thru Easter!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

First weigh in this morning. Down 7 pounds. Could not be happier. I was hopeful for up to 3 pounds so delira with myself, a nice little kick start :)

Well done everyone, we got thru Easter!!! :)

WOW that is brilliant with easter and all Well done you.
    I am fully back on track too today thank God, I actually feel awful after all the rubbish i ate, have football training tonight and i know it will be tough because i feel really slugish.
    But now for some goal setting, I was 4.5lbs from goal last thursday prob be a bit further tomorrow but it is 5 weeks to the May bank Holiday and I AM GOING TO BE AT GOAL.
    Time to get back into the exercise going to try and do a little bit every night even if its only the plank for a minute before i get into bed every little counts.
    Also i am going to track EVERYTHING that i eat for the next week.
    Best of luck to everyone

I am fully back on track too today thank God, I actually feel awful after all the rubbish i ate, have football training tonight and i know it will be tough because i feel really slugish.
    But now for some goal setting, I was 4.5lbs from goal last thursday prob be a bit further tomorrow but it is 5 weeks to the May bank Holiday and I AM GOING TO BE AT GOAL.

We had post Easter training on Monday and I never so heavy and unfit in my life! Only reassurance was that everyone on the team felt the same. Our first match of the season is tonight. My leg is not 100% but I hope I get played. We can mentally push each other on tonight!

I wish I was that close to goal. About 2stone for me (depending on WI Friday). Someday soon I hope to be where you are! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

bad week.up the 2.5lbs that i lost last wk.was expecting it cos ate so much.my aim was gettin to 11st by the end of April,but I'm back to 12st now so that's not going to happen.so disheartened,its taken me almost 3 months to lose 1st,and i can't seem to get past that.when i started i thought i would have double that lost by now.feel like I'm never going to get to my next half stone never mind my next stone.and I'm on holidays from work until Monday week so my routine is out the window.very pi**ed off right now.feel like giving up.sorry for the rant but just stuck in a rut and needed to vent.

CavanGal wrote: »
    I wish I was that close to goal. About 2stone for me (depending on WI Friday). Someday soon I hope to be where you are! :)

Me too! I am very jealous of everyone so close to goal and there seems to be a few of you's out there. I really hope you all get there in the next few weeks. I have around three stone to go. Hopefully we will both get there at some point this year :)
    maryfred wrote: »
    bad week.up the 2.5lbs that i lost last wk.was expecting it cos ate so much.my aim was gettin to 11st by the end of April,but I'm back to 12st now so that's not going to happen.so disheartened,its taken me almost 3 months to lose 1st,and i can't seem to get past that.when i started i thought i would have double that lost by now.feel like I'm never going to get to my next half stone never mind my next stone.and I'm on holidays from work until Monday week so my routine is out the window.very pi**ed off right now.feel like giving up.sorry for the rant but just stuck in a rut and needed to vent.

I know how you are feeling but do not be too disheartened as a stone is still a great loss. If you weren't doing WW you could be a stone up so at least you are heading in the right direction. At least you weighed in this week and you can now focus on getting a loss for next week. Stick at it, you will get there eventually. Slow and steady wins the race :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Maryfred, don't get disheartened!! I'm back at WW for the third time (at least). I know that when I slipped up in the past, got disheartened and then stopped going to WW - the weight just came back on.... This time, its been slower but I'm determined to stick at it!! Eabhhear is right, you are now 1 stone and you want to keep at this level and then slowly down (unfortunately ever so slowly - hence your annoyance!)
    Keep up your good habits that lost the stone and try not to fall into the bad habits that put the weight back on (that is what I'm trying to do!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AKSMAGS

Hi guys and gals! :) I used to post here occasionally a while back, but my laptop has taken a serious disliking to my previous boards account and refuses to log me in, no matter how often I reset the password! I've fallen off the ww wagon in a big time way in recent months, (I blame the boards/laptop issue...totally not my fault! :P) but as off tonight/tomorrow I am hopefully back with a vengance! I love the posts on here, so motivating, sometimes even just to remind you that you're not on your own! Taking inspiration from Eabhabear I've decided to start a blog. It's main purpose is for my own motivation and focus, but if anyone did fancy a read, they're more than welcome. http://maggies30.blogspot.ie Best of luck to all of us! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

CavanGal wrote: »

We had post Easter training on Monday and I never so heavy and unfit in my life! Only reassurance was that everyone on the team felt the same. Our first match of the season is tonight. My leg is not 100% but I hope I get played. We can mentally push each other on tonight!

Training went really well lot better than i thought it would be, and a good tough session which is what i needed. Was thinking of not going to WI today because i know im up and im really back on track but know i should go and you're all going to tell me I should go, and ill probably learn something in class i didn't know (this is just me trying to convince myself) Ok ill go to class.

In relation to getting to goal I joined weight watchers March last year and never thought it would go this well didn't think i could be the weight i am now but i have almost got there and you will too :D The best part of loosing weight is how good and healthy I feel I have two young kids and being able to have fun and keep up with them just feels great and when it comes to playing football im am by a good few years the oldest on the team but i can keep up with everyone, have so much more energy that I ever had and it feels great :P

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

What I think I need to do is match my exercise and eating - I always seem to manage one or the other and it's time to bring it all together.

I couldn't agree more!!!! Must try to maintain both of them!

• Advertisement

Natmus - I get a feeling of ENTITLEMENT when I exercise and want to come back and horse into the crisps! I have to really work on breaking that cycle because I know it's wrong and I'm actually nearly embarrassed to tell ye here!

Advertisement