Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

AKSMAGS wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals! :) I used to post here occasionally a while back, but my laptop has taken a serious disliking to my previous boards account and refuses to log me in, no matter how often I reset the password! I've fallen off the ww wagon in a big time way in recent months, (I blame the boards/laptop issue...totally not my fault! :P) but as off tonight/tomorrow I am hopefully back with a vengance! I love the posts on here, so motivating, sometimes even just to remind you that you're not on your own! Taking inspiration from Eabhabear I've decided to start a blog. It's main purpose is for my own motivation and focus, but if anyone did fancy a read, they're more than welcome. http://maggies30.blogspot.ie Best of luck to all of us! :)

Great minds think alike.... I don't have a laptop/boards issue to blame, just plain old me :rolleyes: Not only do we share the same wonderful name but also the same amount to loose to get to goal :D I read your first blog post and was interested to see that I've also set myself the same small goals. You seem to be in the right frame of mind which is great, you'll do great! My leader last night (when I built up the courage to go back) did say 'your two stone' from goal which was like a knife in the heart. But I sat back and assessed the situation. Firstly I was there, I left it far too long admittedly and secondly I'm aiming for the first 2lbs. I'm not thinking further than that yet. I've reached goal twice (hangs head in shame :o) but on the upside I'm thinking third time lucky? And I know it's possible as I've been there before so I can do it. Its been a very rough year for me and it's now time to start being nice to me again and becoming the priority. Pulling out the tracker as we speak..... Mission with a capital M :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I don't have my purple book handy. Does anyone know how many points are in cooked ham (bacon)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Back from vegas and it was AMAZING!! the food was awesome - started out so healthy and that went pretty much down hill after the first 2 meals. Was worth it though as I loved every minute and every mouthful. Was weighed for a helicopter ride and it looked like i was up a stone - panic seriously set in and i was freaking out, but as my boyfriend pointed out I was weight with my large full handbag and it was only an hour after an all you can eat buffet so the scales can't be considered accurate. Also as he said if I was up that much it would be a visible gain that I would notice on my clothes which I didnt and still dont. I'd say I am def up a couple of pounds but I have until tuesday to get those back down and I am well and truly back on the wagon today. Got the food shopping in yesterday so lots of lovely healthy food in the house to keep me going. A week and a half til the great ireland run so I will be doing some serious training this weekend. Havent trained in a while so not sure how well I will do - but sur ill give it a go! Has to be better than the last run I did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Natmus - I get a feeling of ENTITLEMENT when I exercise and want to come back and horse into the crisps! I have to really work on breaking that cycle because I know it's wrong and I'm actually nearly embarrassed to tell ye here!

Oh thank God, I thought I was the only one! I always want to treat myself after exercise :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Well I am having my worst wk since I started last October! I cannot stop eating! Every morning this wk I promised myself I'd be good and be healthy, it's only 2pm and I've already done the dog on it! I just can't get back into it since the wkend! To be honest the last 2 months I've been p!$$ar$ing around with the same few pounds .... down one wk, up the next like a see-saw and getting no where. Didn't go to my class this wk as I think I need a break from it like I'm not finding the meetings very motivating at the mo, don't know why I'm stuck in a rut! I know thou if I don't go back to my class next wk I'll fall off the wagon completely! I just couldn't go this wk I knew I'd be up! Hopped on my scales at home and I was up 5lbs! I really just let myself go at the wkend!! :o
    I've 2 stone down, and 2 to go to goal but feel like I'm going a bit backwards! My appetite seems to be massive this wk, I've being doing a bit of exercise but I'm undoing all that by the amount of crap I'm eating! I don't know think I'll need a good talking to myself and hopefully can get a grip on this! Hols are less than 10 wks away I really should be trying harder and I know I should instead I just seem to give into myself and allow myself one treat followed by another.... Agggghhh... rant over.... apologies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Up a terrible 3lbs today totally deserved but still not happy but I'll have it off in no time :D (positive thinking)
    Such a lovely evening going to go for a run with my hubby, will probably kill me but has to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Wasn't able to get to meeting due to work commitments. I really hope I can take my own advice and stick to plan. With work etc, I may need to change meetings from Thursday to Tuesday - which I don't like, I prefer the leader on the Thursday meetings and Tuesday is too close to the previous weekend (if you know what I mean!!)
    Btw, how do you enclose a quote so that you can more easily reply to you all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Was up 2lb this week. Not surprising, considering that I've been busy since Sunday, eating all the chocolate I missed out on during Lent. Undoing all my good work. Total disaster.
    Need to pull my head in now, and get back in the game. I've totally abandoned my tracking, even though I know it's the key to my success.
    Right. No point moaning over what's done. New start tomorrow.
    And aren't these lovely bright evenings so conducive to exercise? I'm going to start putting on my runners after my dinner, putting my little boy in his buggy and going for a walk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 BMSF

I'm going to TriBeCa in Ranelagh for dinner tomorrow night with the oh. Any idea of meals low in points? I'll be driving so no danger of wine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Ladies, (are there any men on here? if so you are included :) )

My golly gosh, there's a pile of use in the same pot. Although I was like a school child last night, I mitched off WI. I'm going to WW hell.

bb86 wrote: »
    Well I am having my worst wk since I started last October! I cannot stop eating! Every morning this wk I promised myself I'd be good and be healthy, it's only 2pm and I've already done the dog on it! I just can't get back into it since the wkend! To be honest the last 2 months I've been p!$$ar$ing around with the same few pounds .... down one wk, up the next like a see-saw and getting no where....My appetite seems to be massive this wk, I've being doing a bit of exercise .... I just seem to give into myself and allow myself one treat followed by another.... Agggghhh... rant over.... apologies!

This is me too bb86....
    Up a terrible 3lbs today totally deserved but still not happy but I'll have it off in no time :D (positive thinking)
    Such a lovely evening going to go for a run with my hubby, will probably kill me but has to be done

At least you faced up to it tryagain!!
    ck83 wrote: »
    Was up 2lb this week. Not surprising, considering that I've been busy since Sunday, eating all the chocolate I missed out on during Lent. Undoing all my good work. Total disaster.
    Need to pull my head in now, and get back in the game. I've totally abandoned my tracking, even though I know it's the key to my success.
    Right. No point moaning over what's done. New start tomorrow.

WOOP WOOP ck83, let's get back in the game.

I'm off alcohol for April, I figured it's a sacrafice I needed to make if I want to look good this summer. I had a little chat with myself on the way into work this morn...if I'm going off the drink then it better be worth it in a solid weight loss this month!!!!

• Advertisement

Down a lb! Didn't hit my goal this week but if I lose 2lbs next week, I will hit the next two goals in one WI - down to 12stone and then back into the 11s so hopefully I'll lose 2 lbs and can tick two goals as it would be such a boost. I am still happy with that loss considering my horrendous weekend. I think 2/50 saved me this week.

I am out for a few drinks tonight but myself and himself are going to England early tomorrow for his work do so I think I will stick to water tonight. I want to look good tomorrow as all the "WAGs" will be there and its quite a dressy occasion. Last year the food was quite tasteful with small portions so I hope it will be the same tomorrow. The dessert was stewed pears last year so I didn't bother with it as if it's not chocolate, I can easily resist.

I was planning tomorrow in my head last night - porridge for breakfast, fruit for the drive to Belfast airport (I know, very inconvenient as we are so close to Dublin airport) and then try to get a salad in the airport. Then I am going to stick with vodka tomorrow night as wine is so high and very hard to judge the size of a glass. I wonder if Ill save any points as the English spirit measures are smaller :D Sunday will be the hard day as there will be the fry up for breakfast and more eating in the airport and on the go coupled with a hangover. I think I'll be doing 2/500 again next week. Anyway planning makes me feel more in control (even if that isn't the reality).

Have a good weekend all! Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Natmus - I get a feeling of ENTITLEMENT when I exercise and want to come back and horse into the crisps! I have to really work on breaking that cycle because I know it's wrong and I'm actually nearly embarrassed to tell ye here!

I HEAR YA!!!! Crisps, chocolate, anything...well I did do a bit of exercise!! That's going to be my challenge for the next few weeks to break that stupid habit! Thanks for opening my eyes to it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Ok so I was ready to give it a break yesterday, was a bit fed up with it all (just incase my post from yesterday didn't show that annoyance!!) Skipped my weigh in on Wednesday as I knew I'd be up so couldn't face it. Could not stop eating crap all wk! Felt like I had no self-control and slowly but surely I knew that my weight was heading in the wrong direction. :rolleyes:
    However after writing my post yesterday it really hit me & made me think.... do I want to quit again? do I want to be back where I started 6 months ago? What about my holidays that I promised myself that I'd look good and feel good for? By not going on wed I knew that I'd be saying I'll be good now this wk and go next wk, but I know myself that next wk would come and go and I'd promise myself I'll go the following wk..... and before I know it I'd be back where I started! So I bit the bullet and found another class that was on last night and went to it.... was up 3lbs but definitely expected that, am annoyed at myself that I just let myself go for the wk and un-did a lot of hard work but it's been a bit if an eye opener. :eek: I'm glad I went back and faced up to it, I know I can't do this on my own and need to be going to the class every wk. I am fully back on track now, did a shop last night after my meeting and have the wkend planned and pointed already.
    A few things I realised.... by going to a different meeting I think it helped me shake things up a bit. I do like my other leader but think I need a change every now and then for a bit of variety so I think I'll stick to this new class for the next few wks and see how it goes.
    It is so much easier to put on the weight than lose it! But I know if I have one good honest wk of tracking (which I haven’t had in a long time) that I will get those pounds I've put on the past few wks back off and be back on the road to a healthier me.
    Another thing is I love this thread because it allowed me to rant yesterday and write down what I was thinking/feeling and then from reading back over it afterwards it made me realise that I was on the road to quitting so hopefully I've done a U-turn now and can get back down the weight. I need weight watchers and I need this thread for all the invaluable advice! Seriously I pay ten euro every wk to WW but don't get half of these motivating stories which can be really inspiring and also nice to see everyone’s stories/advice from day to day!
    A few of you have mentioned mini-goals I think I'm going to sit down tonight with a pen paper and a calendar and make out realistic goals. I've about 2.5 stone to goal and realistically I could defo do that this yr and hopefully by Sept if I put my mind to it.
    Over the past few months my family, friends and bf have been telling me how good I'm looking and I'm getting there & to keep it up.... this is the nicest feeling in the world but I'm usually the one putting myself down, even while being complimented which I know sounds ridiculous! So I'm going to work harder at WW, which will result in more compliments and I'm going to try be more positive about myself, my looks and I know that now is the best time for me to make these changes! :D
    We can do this!! Onwards and downwards!! Well done to all the losses this wk! Onwards and downwards for the rest of us!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

@bb86 so great to read and that you managed to pull it together. Your head is no doubt in the game. Great idea in changing classes to keep it fresh. It's gonna be a good week :)

bb86, I love the positive attitude! I did the mini goal list and even though I missed it this week, I can do it next week and tick that box! Its really motivating! Your post is a great read and really made me smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

bb86 You go girl, you sound like a girl on a mission, i totally agree with you about writing things down and reading them back. Really in a good place myself this week put up 3lbs over Easter but i has given me the kick in the ass i needed. 2.5 stone is totally doable for you Best of luck

Was meant to have kettlebells/pilates this morning but it was cancelled last minute :( Was really looking forward to it. Because I hadnt trained in so long I thought I would need lots too keep me going so I had 3 eggs scrambled this morning for my breakfast and its lunch time and I am still full! Havent even had my morning banana yet! I'd usually only have 2 eggs and I cant believe the difference just one extra egg makes. Looks like I'll be having a late lunch as I don't think i could fit anything else in at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Tiny Penguin - Eggs are the business - I read an article that demonstrated that people on a weight loss program who ate an egg for breakfast every day lost more weight than those that didn't. And I love me a boiled noggin in the morning!

Bb86 - your post was great - really inspirational. Sometimes I really want to jack in the whole shooting match (see last weekend where I had a Dominos on Sunday nights) - and it was like I forgot what it was like two stone ago, when I was miserable and got out of breath and couldn't wear skinny jeans. I need a reminder of that every now and then, because I really REALLY don't want to go back!

I can't stop buying skinny jeans at the moment BTW. I think it's the best part of my weight loss journey, but my bank balance wouldn't agree ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

bb86 that is exactly how I felt a few weeks. It's so easy to gain but so hard to lose. I think you just have to remind yourself why you're doing this. Like you I have a holiday coming up. I swore I'd never go back to dreading a holiday and what clothes to wear. Unfortunately I am back here because I gave up. I have left it too late to have my perfect holiday figure but I am certainly going to try my hardest :)

I was doing so well Wednesday and Thursday. The weather certainly helped. Today I feel so tired and down. I have my TOTM so craving everything that is sugar or chocolate. I am determined to persevere. I am avoiding all shops because I'll cave otherwise!

I also set mini goals but as per usual they end up getting pushed back. What I'm doing now is, I set a weekly target. It helps me stay on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emer50

Any body know the points value of crackers - all types? Back on the wagon again after a couple of years and trying to point them but there are so many new brands in the supermarket. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

bb86 - Keep the chin up and take everything day by day. Think about how good it feels to get all the compliments and how they are gonna just keep getting better! I find it hard sometimes not to look ahead to the final product. I'm 17 pounds off having a BMI of 25 which seems like a million miles away but I try to focus on the little things. I'm 3 or 4 pounds off my 10% so that's my next one to look forward to!

I managed to lose a pound this week. After scoffing an entire Lindt Easter Egg. And it was AMAZING! :):):)

Anyone who likes meatballs - made mozzarella stuffed meatballs with a lovely roasted pepper sauce last night! So delicious and was stuffed for hours after!

Recipe here http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/04/mozzarella-stuffed-meatballs-with.html

so.....took a bit of inspiration from the bloggers among us, and started one of my own this eve. It has highlighted to me that I am a true technophobe. It's all a bit beyond me at the moment, but when I figure it all out, I'll share my link with you folks.
    Great inspiration on here today guys and gals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

all very quiet here.have really bad cold,no sense of smell or taste,so have no appetite.one way to lose weight.on the down side i literally can't move from the bed.sinus's are killing me,i'm going from a raging temp with full body sweats to bone shaking cold.my cough is ripping me to pieces,i actually think I've strained my diaphragm from coughing.not feeling good and i'm on holidays all wk,had planned to go away for a couple of days but don't see that happening now.all in all,feeling very sorry for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm having a good week. Between yesterday and today I've walked 10km and I've been walking every other day too, about 2-3km per day and I've been doing C25k as well. C25k is getting tough. I wasn't able for the last day at all (W5 D3) so I'm going to do the week again when I can get proper runners.

Foodwise I think I'm doing well. I've stayed within my points and I'm feeling great. Almost 2 stone gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Chorizo.

I have added 150g of chorizo to a dish.
    According to the purple book 30g is 2 ppm so theoretical it should be 10points. However, I fried it off on a dry pan first and drained off the oil/fat that came out and drained it on kitchen paper.

So how would you point this?

So there is a weight watchers supplement in the RTE guide and I'm going to be in it as one of the stories. I found out and did the photo shoot jut under a month ago. It all happened very quickly but it's been very exciting. Have no idea how its all going to turn out but I've been dying too see it and talk about it!!

So there is a weight watchers supplement in the RTE guide and I'm going to be in it as one of the stories. I found out and did the photo shoot jut under a month ago. It all happened very quickly but it's been very exciting. Have no idea how its all going to turn out but I've been dying too see it and talk about it!!

That's so exciting! And well deserved too! Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well done :) When is it on sale?

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Well done :) When is it on sale?

Tomorrow as far as I have been told. Will be straight to the shop on my way to work to make sure.

Advertisement