Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Well for the first time in years im at the end of the weekend with 5 weeklies still in the bank with wi on Wed so very very pleased with myself. Hope everybody had a good weekend :)

Tiny_penguin well done on the write up, looking forward to reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

So there is a weight watchers supplement in the RTE guide and I'm going to be in it as one of the stories. I found out and did the photo shoot jut under a month ago. It all happened very quickly but it's been very exciting. Have no idea how its all going to turn out but I've been dying too see it and talk about it!!

Wow that is fantastic. I cannot wait to read it. I will have to go and buy it during my lunch break tomorrow :)

I was in London for the weekend and I had such a good time. I did okay food wise. The only unplanned thing was the take away at 5 am this morning :rolleyes: I am dreading this weeks WI after last weeks 2.5 lbs gain. My scales are showing another big gain. I was looking through the photos from the weekend and they have really opened my eyes as to how much weight I have to lose. I felt disgusted when I saw them. I am finally off antibiotics, my TOTM is finished and I have no major events planned for the coming weeks so I am going to work hard to get my silver seven within the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Tomorrow as far as I have been told. Will be straight to the shop on my way to work to make sure.

I just snuck across to the shop...Tiny you look fabulous! Many congratulations to you, what an absolutly wonderful achievement!!
    Your goal is my goal too, If I look as fantasic as you when I finally reach it, I actually will cry.

You're a true inspiration to us all on here.
    I only know you on here and from seeing you one week in class, but I'm actually so unbelievably delighted for you.

May I raise a (virtual) toast to TINY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Tiny, I will have to buy it this week for a nose. Congratulations! Cheers (with water!).

Bad weekend in England - drink, 3 course meal, eating out. As usual, weeklies written off after the weekend. Only upside is we slept throught the fry up again! Being lazy has some benefits. So back on track again - I want and need 2lbs this week so going to do 2/500 but I didnt have time to make soup last night. Has anyone any suggestions for low cal lunches which I can bring to work in a lunchbox? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I had a great WW weekend but a relatively boring weekend otherwise!!!

I had to buy a new pair of jeans as I've dropped a size - HURRAY, it's been years since I've done that!

Only used 10 of my weeklies and I had an alcohol free weekend. TOTM has arrived so up a pound but who cares!

I've 19lb down so far, so 2 more go to for my 3rd silver seven. Then only 2 more silver seven's after that!!! (It sounds so easy!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I have weigh in this eve even though last weigh in was last Wednesday.

Not done a whole lot of exercise but food wise been sticking to points, so we will see at the scales! :D

Good luck for this week everybody!

Two finds from Aldi that people might like

Pour and Store bags (available from 11 Apr)...I've been looking everywhere for these. Great for freezing soups etc.

Hot lunch Pods (avail 18 Apr)...little thermos pots that are brilliant for bringing hot food into work etc. when there's no microwave available. I know Howard's world of storage sell these for €14+

How much will the Hot Lunch Pods be Flowerpower? They would change my life (well, my lunch anyway) as I don't have access to a microwave. I currently bring soup in a flask but would love something for hot food.

CavanGal wrote: »
    How much will the Hot Lunch Pods be Flowerpower? They would change my life (well, my lunch anyway) as I don't have access to a microwave. I currently bring soup in a flask but would love something for hot food.

€5.99 - yeh they would be ideal for you then, they hold 500ml & keep food warm for 4 hours. My leader suggested them before and putting in a hot pasta or dishes with rice or whatever really in them.
    Good for anyone out and about & doing school runs etc

Tomorrow as far as I have been told. Will be straight to the shop on my way to work to make sure.

Tiny just finished reading it now. You look fantastic (proud but jealous :D). Well done. I never realised this but you actually have the similar stats as me which has just motivated me even more. The bit you said about how you are getting older really hit home. I lost out on my teens with my weight and while I'm nearly 4 years into my 20's, I do not want to lose out on the rest of my life with my weight.

I finally got my hands on the Spiegels tonight. I love how they do them in Wholemeal. They are so much nicer than Slimbos. I find the Slimbos very floury and they stick in your stomach. Spiegels are easier to digest. I had them tonight, making a gorgeous chicken sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 BMSF

I can't make my class tomorrow. Is it ok to go to one on wednesday instead?

BMSF wrote: »
    I can't make my class tomorrow. Is it ok to go to one on wednesday instead?

Yep you can go to any meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Tiny just finished reading it now. You look fantastic (proud but jealous :D). Well done. I never realised this but you actually have the similar stats as me which has just motivated me even more. The bit you said about how you are getting older really hit home. I lost out on my teens with my weight and while I'm nearly 4 years into my 20's, I do not want to lose out on the rest of my life with my weight.

Thanks so much!
    I managed to get to 28 before I got to goal and I only wish I did it sooner!!! So much time wasted. Believe me if I can get there after years of messing about anyone can. Just gotta put your mind to it.
    I just snuck across to the shop...Tiny you look fabulous! Many congratulations to you, what an absolutly wonderful achievement!!
    Your goal is my goal too, If I look as fantasic as you when I finally reach it, I actually will cry.

You're a true inspiration to us all on here.
    I only know you on here and from seeing you one week in class, but I'm actually so unbelievably delighted for you.

May I raise a (virtual) toast to TINY!

Thank you so much. Still a little surreal that I am on the cover of a magazine. I did cry when I got to goal, as well as a few steps along the way!!! And as I said above, if I can do it so can anyone.

Blogged a bit about the day and everything that happened if anyone is intersted in reading about it http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/04/so-this-happened.html

Could actually scream and then kick myself!!!!! Have had such a good WW weekend, today was going very well as well. Went out for a 40 min jog, and then the big mistake, came in starving, had nothing on hand so what do i do, even though every bone in my body was roaring no - I have 2 slices of white bread buttered with a pack of rancheros!!!!!!!!! So the weeklies I had left are now gone out the door, and I had to dip into my exercise points in order to cover dinner and I never normally go near my exercise points.:mad: :mad:

Now I know it could be lots worse and I could be in a negative points wise rather than just about breaking even but aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I could kick myself cos I could be sitting here with a lovely timeout or something yummie!!!!!!

sorry rant now over and onwards and upwards to better food choices tomorrow :D

Hope you are all having a better day.

Yum yum! Aldi extra lean beef mince (6pp per 200g) with veg (0pp), Dolmio bolognese sauce (1pp per 100g) and courgette spagetti (0pp) for my dinner yesterday evening. FYI, Tesco turkey mince is 4pp per 100g. I always thought turkey mince was the best type but apparently not.

I am doing 500 today and I had porridge for my breakfast, sliced turkey breast, beetroot, spinach and cherry tomatoes with a tbsp light mayo for lunch and BNS chips and roasted asparagus with herbs and chili powder for dinner. Bit of fruit for snacking too. Its nice to have a change from my usual veg soup.

Anyway, I'm determined to be extra good this week and get two goals on Friday. I've also joined Tiny's challenge on her blog for the first time and estimated a 2lb loss this week and a silver 7 during the challenge so I really want to keep to that. Writing goals in a public forum motivates me a lot.

I recommend the Woman's Way special this week. You can read it via the WW or RTE Facebook page. It's a Come Dine with Me type special where 5 leaders from around the country give recipes for a three course meal and readers vote for their favourite. There are some yummy recipes including cheesecake (my favourite) and turkey and bacon pie so indulgent foods for low pp.

Tiny, I read your blog and I WANT those Jessica Simpson shoes! I love heels! You look amazing too. I think we'll all have a little cry when we reach goal!

9st n 09, don't worry, we need a treat now and again to keep us motivated and I find if I resist for too long, I end up having a blowout of epic proportions!

Hope everyone's week is going well. Onwards and downwards.

CavanGal wrote: »
    Yum yum! Aldi extra lean beef mince (6pp per 200g) with veg (0pp), Dolmio bolognese sauce (1pp per 100g) and courgette spagetti (0pp) for my dinner yesterday evening. FYI, Tesco turkey mince is 4pp per 100g. I always thought turkey mince was the best type but apparently not.

I am doing 500 today and I had porridge for my breakfast, sliced turkey breast, beetroot, spinach and cherry tomatoes with a tbsp light mayo for lunch and BNS chips and roasted asparagus with herbs and chili powder for dinner. Bit of fruit for snacking too. Its nice to have a change from my usual veg soup.

Anyway, I'm determined to be extra good this week and get two goals on Friday. I've also joined Tiny's challenge on her blog for the first time and estimated a 2lb loss this week and a silver 7 during the challenge so I really want to keep to that. Writing goals in a public forum motivates me a lot.

I recommend the Woman's Way special this week. You can read it via the WW or RTE Facebook page. It's a Come Dine with Me type special where 5 leaders from around the country give recipes for a three course meal and readers vote for their favourite. There are some yummy recipes including cheesecake (my favourite) and turkey and bacon pie so indulgent foods for low pp.

Tiny, I read your blog and I WANT those Jessica Simpson shoes! I love heels! You look amazing too. I think we'll all have a little cry when we reach goal!

9st n 09, don't worry, we need a treat now and again to keep us motivated and I find if I resist for too long, I end up having a blowout of epic proportions!

Hope everyone's week is going well. Onwards and downwards.

The heels were amazing but I just know I wont get the wear out of them. Knowing me I'll still splurge on pay day and get them for them to sit in my wardrobe :-( All of her range is fantastic - I would recommend hitting Debenhams to have a look!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Down 1.8lb this week. Back on track after my Easter break. Next week I should finally get my 10% if I'm good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

Wow Tiny well done on the magazine and well done just in general - you look fantastic and should be seriously really proud of yourself!! Everyone is sounding really positive this week - I like it! I've been really good this week which can sometimes be dangerous cause I always have that sneaky hope in the back of my mind it will be a big week in terms of numbers and then if it isn't I lose all hope for at least 2 hours :)

I hope everyone has a good weigh in this week fingers crossed we're all losers! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 BMSF

I made my class today and lost 5 lbs!!! Delighted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CinnamonGum

I read alot about some of you doing a 500 day - excuse the ignorance but what is this??:confused:

Put up 2lb this week as I went on a crazy easter egg binge that lasted a week and a half so (just could not stop!!) will hopefully have that gone off me by next week and back on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all-another week another weigh in. First of all, congrats on your magazine article Tiny, you are an inspiration and continue to be, and you should be so proud of your achievements. And you look FABOOSH! Great to see everyone doing so well this week. Congrats and enjoy your achievements.

I, on the other hand, have stayed the same. Again. I have been two pounds from goal for about six weeks now... I know that I've been tending to splurge food wise the last while, and that being careful the rest of the time is keeping me the same. So I know WHY I'm stuck, I just can't seem to UNSTICK myself!

In better news, I finished week 2 of the C25k this morning! Me, who was PROUD of my inability to run actually got to the end of week 2. This might sound like very little tothoe of you who are fitter than me, but I am SO PROUD and actually (surprisingly) enjoying the feeling post run. I'm getting obsessed with downloading awesome running music and for some reason I looking forward to week 3 day 1 on Friday. I love being a person who exercises and I've decided to tackle a 5k at the end of the summer. My ww buddy and I were chatting yesterday and she reminded me that fitness can be a goal too and I should celebrate my progress through the programme as much as every pound lost. So I feel good today despite my stagnating weight loss.

Keep it up is my new motto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fluffball

Two finds from Aldi that people might like

Pour and Store bags (available from 11 Apr)...I've been looking everywhere for these. Great for freezing soups etc.

Hot lunch Pods (avail 18 Apr)...little thermos pots that are brilliant for bringing hot food into work etc. when there's no microwave available. I know Howard's world of storage sell these for €14+

Just saw this morning incase anyone is interested Superquinn have a good sized pod on offer at the moment 5.99 in lovely colours. Well done everybody I dont post often but do read and check in and you are all fantastic...Tiny you in particular and WHOOOOO don't you look FAB, and now we can all say we know someone Famous...lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

No WI this week again. went to doc this morning and I have pneumonia.:eek: Yikes!! Spent a fortune on meds, just had a coughing spell there that I thought would cost me a lung. So don't know what next week will be like.

Anyhoo, well done to all that are doing well. I'm so knackered now, think I'll just sleep till next week.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Maryfred, get well soon!!

Whooooooooooooooop whoop down 5 lbs :D:D :D Well happy, celebrating with a creme egg and then back on track :o.

Maryfred hope you're feeling better soon,

T

Well done everyone! Some great WI's. I was up 1lb which is to be expected after vegas and to be honest the fact it wasn't more def means getting back on track helped me get down a few pounds before weigh in. Have some vomiting bug today so haven't really been eating and well under todays points. Have been told its only a 24 hour thing so I'm sure I will make up for it.

Have the great Ireland Run on sunday - very worried about it but going to do my best. Is anyone else giving it a go?

Made this last friday and was a very tasty low point alternative to a takeaway http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/04/chicken-biryani.html

I wasn't going to post this but I figured it might help me. I was up 7lbs at my WI tonight :mad: I am gutted because even though I was in London, I was good 80% of the time. I pointed and tracked everything. I even did a workout when I got home on Sunday night. I was perfect all week so I was expecting at least a STS if not a small loss. It took all I had not to cry on the scales as this gain now undoes all my work since I rejoined and I am now heavier. If it was 3lbs, I could accept it but 7 :eek: Not sure where to go from here but just need to make sure that I stay on track tomorrow and not let the emotion get the better of me. Sorry for the long winded post but I needed to tell someone and I couldn't face telling my family or friends. I have also just realised that this gain now tips me over into 200lbs. I think that is all I needed to see to give me a kick for next week.

Maryfred get better soon. I only finished up on antibiotics over the weekend. They really do take it out of you.

Well done to everyone who had losses this week.

Tiny you got a mention in our class tonight. The leader personally mentioned you blog and told the class to take a look at it as it has some great posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Went to my weigh in, didn't really no how the scales would read!
    Guess what.. They read -4.5lbs!

YAHOOO! Onwards and downwards!

Tiny, I pointed out that you had a great blog online while our leader was showing us the ww supplement in the RTE Guide =)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

I wasn't going to post this but I figured it might help me. I was up 7lbs at my WI tonight :mad: I am gutted because even though I was in London, I was good 80% of the time. I pointed and tracked everything. I even did a workout when I got home on Sunday night. I was perfect all week so I was expecting at least a STS if not a small loss. It took all I had not to cry on the scales as this gain now undoes all my work since I rejoined and I am now heavier. If it was 3lbs, I could accept it but 7 :eek: Not sure where to go from here but just need to make sure that I stay on track tomorrow and not let the emotion get the better of me. Sorry for the long winded post but I needed to tell someone and I couldn't face telling my family or friends. I have also just realised that this gain now tips me over into 200lbs. I think that is all I needed to see to give me a kick for next week.

Maryfred get better soon. I only finished up on antibiotics over the weekend. They really do take it out of you.

Tiny you got a mention in our class tonight. The leader personally mentioned you blog and told the class to take a look at it as it has some great posts :D

I'm not sure but hasn't it been mentioned here the antibiotics can cause quiet a substantial gain it could be something to do to that I know how hard it is when this happens but try your best to stay on track and you will see a large loss next week fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

I know it seems really rubbish right now but I put up loads when I was on medication there a few weeks ago and lost it all within a week of being back on track. Med just bungs me up so make sure you get plenty of water and herbal teas in you this week if you like them and flush all the rubbish out of your system. Just one healthy week and a nice positive loss is all you need to get back in the game so here's to you making it this week. You can absolutely do it and leave yesterdays wi where it is, in the past and behind you already.

Advertisement