Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear, chin up... So many times you've come on here, and been able to look rationally at someones weight gain, and give lots of logical reasons why that gain happened.... you just need to apply all that info to yourself now! If it's any consolation, I couldn't go to my WI this morning, because I was working, but I know I'd have had a huge gain if I had (and I have no antibiotics to blame!). It's only today that I've started to get a handle on my Easter excesses, so my target for this week will be to STS (i.e. lose the pounds I've put on, but not been told about!).

I decided last week to start the couch to 5k, but haven't managed it, a couple of walks (that don't require babysitters!) are as much as I've managed.

I did it! I started a blog, and I've been enjoying playing with it in the evenings (or waaaaay too late at night, like now), as my OH has been super busy with work the last while, so I've had way more time to myself than usual.

If anyone is interested in a read, it's weightlossdiaryofachocaholic.blogspot.ie

Best of luck this week folks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

Eabhabear - A gain like is bound to just be for another reason and not food related so I'd keep the chin up and not worry too much and just focus on this week. I can imagine how you felt though I think I'd start throwing chairs? Antibiotics are most likely the cause so don't stress over it :)

Tiny - you got a mention in my class as well!

I had my first GAIN this week. Up a pound. It was strange how hysterically heartbroken I was even though I know I probably deserved it. I was in the gym twice and ran 2 5k's but I wasn't really paying attention to my tracker just guessing. I thought I was ok...I guess not :(

Anyway that means I am determined to lose 2 this week. Me vs The Belly

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Eabhabear)- being sick throws your system off BIG TIME. Antibiotics are great to kill bacteria but they really wipe your system. Don't beat yourself up. Instead, congratulate yourself on going for your weigh in, for 'keeping an eye' and for not doing what I'd be tempted to do, which is leave it until the antibiotics are completely out of my system and then go buck mad for the week I skip and then never go back until I've a stone on. See I did that once before, and wish that I'd been as good as you back then.

Went for dinner last night for the boy's birthday, I chose veggie fajitas, so loads of veg, only two tiny wraps, a handful of tortilla chips, and a tablespoon each of salsa, guacamole and sour cream. I'd say all in about 18-20 pp? But hardly over extravagant - I purposely chose the restaurant because I knew I could get something someway healthy. Such a treat and DELICIOUS! And the boy and I (tis a fairly new relationship only together just over three months) have decided we're going to go out for dinner a lot less -it's my favourite activity but I feel it might be the 'thing' that's scuppering my efforts. So just had porridge for a yummy breakfast (with the unsweetened almond milk that someone here recommended) and a tsp of maple syrup. Good start to what is going to be a good day. Planning tiny's biryani for dinner-looks unraaaaaaaayle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks for all the support and advice. You're all right and I know myself its to do with everything that happened over the last 2 weeks. It's just the timing of it as I was finally getting my WW mojo back :) I woke up this morning feeling much better and I have my meals planned for the week. I am determined to see a loss in the scales next week so going to be extra good.

ck83 I love the blog. I can relate so much to you especially about restarting over and over. I also loved the bit about knocking on the charity shop door looking for your clothes back. I've decided to treat myself to a shopping trip this weekend to buy clothes that look well on me and fit me properly. I think it will help boost my mood and motivate me as I have been feeling down about the lack of clothes I have in wardrobe that actually fit me. I feel like I'm constantly wearing the same clothes no kept putting off shopping saying I should wait until I reach a certain weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Eabhabear, I was doing that too until recently and in the airport on the way home at the weekend, I got two size 12 jeans! 14 were falling off me. It was in Next so sizes might be a bit generous but I don't care coz it gave me such a boost. I feel for you after that gain but i bet it will be gone next week.

In a great mood today - we won our match last night after a very long dry spell last year so I'll be in a high from that for a while. I've become addicted to this thread and to the WW Facebook group and Im constantly checking both to keep me motivated and on track. Ive done well this week since the bad weekend and Im on my second 500 today. WI tomorrow. Fingers crossed for 2lbs and ticking two goals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

hello everyone!!

Iv been posting here on/off since my first WW journey in 2008!! Last year I went bk briefly in Australia.. Well here I am still large after trying everything else! Instead of just eating like WW and having a healthy balance life.. thats how i lost my weight the first time.!

Anyways i am joining back Im not too sure when or where im joining but I have decided to give it another go.. again! I actually have seemed to have lost a lot of my ww knowledge so hopefully you all can help!

Is it WW 360 in Ireland now too ?? Any thing new I need to know of?

Any help will and is always appreciated!! :D

Shell x

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hi All,

I'm new to this thread, I joined WW just last night for the first time. I am a guy :eek: :p and joining was a bit daunting as WW is primarily viewed as something for women but thankfully my gf re-joined last night and came along with me.

I had previously lost just over 4 stone on my own from exercise alone, my diet was by no means strict.

I've gained some of what I lost and I'm looking to lose it by being good with my diet and I know WW can help me with that.

As I don't have the time (work :( ) and convienence (I used to live a 2 min stroll away from a gym but not anymore) to get as much exercise in I would like to I really need to change my diet and try to exercise when I can. I usually walk to work most days approx 25-30min walk each way.

I've approx 30lbs to lose. First weight in is next Wednesday and I'd love to hit a loss of 2lbs. Slow and steady and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

had wi at lunch time and was down 2.5 which i really needed, 4 to goal now hoping to get there for the may bank hol weekend would be a great way to start the summer. Am not really happy today though because hurt me knee at training last night and hoping it will be ok with some ice and rest but will be so annoyed if it is any thing more because i have never been as fit in my life and i am now and really enjoying it so fingers crossed Well done to everyone on your losses this week and to anyone with gains there in the past now aim but a big loss next week Onwards and Downwards

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Any one know a decent pps valued goats cheese please?
    I had a wrap from Cafe Sol the other day...a whooping 11 pps, goats cheese, roast peppers, red onion marmalade and spinach. So I want to make a WW friendly alternative!

Eabhabear, please don't dispair!! I had a massive weight gain (6 pounds) one week having been on a horrific amount of painkillers and I lost it all plus 2 pounds the following week.

Thank you for a great blog though, I'm reading about soft drinks...have you tried sugar free squash? I find it a great alternative for water when you need something sweet and don't want a diet coke.

Also, I bought the 30 day shred...oh golly gosh, my shoulder blades ACHE today. Serious burn, I thought I would acutally collapse last night doing it. But felt great after. I've never done a home exercise video before and was very impressed after it.

shellybelly08 I've read about WW 360 but never heard of it in class, what is it?!

lockie1983 Welcome! check out eabhabear's blog, the 30 day shred dvd might work for you too.

CavanGal WOOP WOOP size 12, well done. It makes no difference what the brand, it's a size 12...take it and run!!!

Well done to everyone else on the great losses this week, I will put myself to shame later on when I wi. I know I will be up thanks to bad snacking and being unprepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Two finds from Aldi that people might like

Pour and Store bags (available from 11 Apr)...I've been looking everywhere for these. Great for freezing soups etc.

Hot lunch Pods (avail 18 Apr)...little thermos pots that are brilliant for bringing hot food into work etc. when there's no microwave available. I know Howard's world of storage sell these for €14+

I absolutely LOVE the pour & store bags!! I think I may be getting slightly obsessed about food storage containers...! They are soooo handy for when you make a big batch of zero point soup

• Advertisement

Just on the train now... Munching on my pick and mix... Serious hole in my weeklies here! Oops. Good job I don't have too many days out.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Eabhabear, could I have a link to your blog please!
    I love blogs!!

Flowerpower thanks for the advice. I know if I stick to plan I'll get most of it off next week. Today has gone really well so I just need to get through the weekend.

I have recently discovered goats cheese as well. I find it really good as a snack with some orange juice and carrots. I have a ton of recipes so I must use them. I'll post them up when I make them. I find it very hard to find nutritional information for goats cheese. I use Superquinn brand. Its just wrapped in cling film with no information on it at all. I have been pointing it as 4pps for 50g. Its hard to tell if its right but I don't eat it often so I'm not overly worried about it. I have been meaning to get sugar free squash to keep in the press. I've just added it to my list :)

I love 30 day shred. I am just after doing day 5 of level 1. It really is a great workout if you are short on time. It does get easier. Even if you're still sore, keep doing it. Believe it or not by doing it, you're actually helping with the pain!
    Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Eabhabear, could I have a link to your blog please!
    I love blogs!!

Here it is http://eabhabear.blogspot.ie/

hello everyone!!

Iv been posting here on/off since my first WW journey in 2008!! Last year I went bk briefly in Australia.. Well here I am still large after trying everything else! Instead of just eating like WW and having a healthy balance life.. thats how i lost my weight the first time.!

Anyways i am joining back Im not too sure when or where im joining but I have decided to give it another go.. again! I actually have seemed to have lost a lot of my ww knowledge so hopefully you all can help!

Is it WW 360 in Ireland now too ?? Any thing new I need to know of?

Any help will and is always appreciated!! :D

Shell x

Hi Shelly,

I remember you from before. Welcome back. As someone who has restarted WW time and time again, I completely understand how you feel. It is not easy but even if you're not going to meetings, log on here as the girls (and guys!) are great and will help you with anything. Are you still in Australia?
    WW360 was introduced here in January. I find though since it was introduced, there hasn't been much emphasis on it. For those that don't know what it is, it is more emphasis on healthy living and lifestyle. It is aimed at helping you when you reach goal.

Good luck with starting over Shelly. You can do this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Deeeelighted!! Had my WI today and was down 5lb!! That's over two weeks since I missed last week. Even still, it's my biggest loss over a two week period since I started (again!!) And that included Easter! But it's gets harder - on holidays next week - can't wait. It's going to be so hard 'cos I love the 'odd' glass of wine!! Any advice??
    Eabhabear I'm glad you are more upbeat, cos I think you are doing great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Another one with a gain here this week. Up 2.5 lbs, was gutted :(

She said it was normal after big loss 7 lbs first weigh in. Body's reaction to being "starved".

Kinda took the wind outta my positivity sails! :(

Oh well :D

well done on all the losses laydees! :)

Another one with a gain here this week. Up 2.5 lbs, was gutted :(

She said it was normal after big loss 7 lbs first weigh in. Body's reaction to being "starved".

Kinda took the wind outta my positivity sails! :(

Oh well :D

well done on all the losses laydees! :)

Your leader is right, it is completely normal. You have to look at it as a 4.5lb loss over 2 weeks which is a fantastic loss. You do need to make sure that you are measuring, pointing and tracking everything :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can anyone recommend a unofficial ww iPhone app to track and calculate your pp seeing as the official one isn't available here! :(

One with a barcode scanner would be most useful and amazing!

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a unofficial ww iPhone app to track and calculate your pp seeing as the official one isn't available here! :(

I use my score plus. No barcode scanner, but it does everything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Ultimate Value Diary is the one i use has everything has a heart shaped logo its not free but worth every penny. Has a tracker, food database and barcode scanner, I'd be lost without it

• Advertisement

Morning all,

I am the fine new owner of 1 & 1/2 pounds Soooo annoying! But in truth, I'm totally not following the plan.
    I'm making up my own weight watchers. Hence I'm not losing weight. I'm not tracking, pointing after eating and all in all, fooling only myself.

Thanks eabhabear re the goats cheese - I like the taste and it's good value for the points. I found one in Lidl last night, its in a pot (not the roll) and was 4 pps for 100g. I need to re-confirm this but I'm fairly confident. Will make a nice addition to salads and I plan to use it in wraps.

I think I'll start my own blog - called "Flowerpowers version of Weight Watchers, gauranteed to make you pile on pounds" lol. (suggestions for a short name most welcome :) )
    This is my first post...

M&S Cruncy Sultana Granola...this looks deliciously healthy and you'd think it's so low in points. WRONG. 7 propoints. And you'll be starving after. (like I am now)
    So instead, have 30g of porridge, with slim milk and add in some mashed banana at the end of the microwaving. Now that's delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Well here I am again looking at this thread.
    I'm also a one to be fooling no one by myself I put on a half of a pound this week and I really think it should have been about 5 pounds!
    Maybe this will happen this week (I actually ate 5 chocolate bars yesterday!!)

I have found another addiction to add to my ever growing list of addictions ...........latte's

I never really drank them, I am buying them now when I am out and about as well as using the Nescafe ones for home, now they are not even the Skinny Latte's!!

Can someone tell me are these very high in points? Or have the same addictions?

Being honest the way I am going with them if they are high in points I'm not sure if I will even stop! :(

pinkstars wrote: »
    I have found another addiction to add to my ever growing list of addictions ...........latte's

:(

Hey pinkstars, funnily enough my leader said last night that lattes were her biggest downfall! Would you try an americano with some hot milk as an alternative? you still get the creaminess of a latte without the points.
    *goes take own advice*

Sorry to be asking yet another question, I'm new to this! :P

I was given a daily pp allowance of 45pp, last night I struggled to get to 37 and even that included a cheeky 2 finger Kitkat. I felt like I ate loads and the 37 didn't include my fruit and veg! :-O

How can I get to 45pp without eating badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Sorry to be asking yet another question, I'm new to this! :P

I was given a daily pp allowance of 45pp, last night I struggled to get to 37 and even that included a cheeky 2 finger Kitkat. I felt like I ate loads and the 37 didn't include my fruit and veg! :-O

How can I get to 45pp without eating badly?

Add some healthy fats into the mix, use olive oil (measured amounts) instead of spray oil, have an avacado with your lunch or a handful of nuts instead of a piece of fruit as one snack. I know it seems like a struggle but its important you eat all your 45pp while you have them as you run the risk of plateauing later in your journey if you eat too few. You will miss them as you lose the weight and they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

pinkstars wrote: »
    Well here I am again looking at this thread.
    I'm also a one to be fooling no one by myself I put on a half of a pound this week and I really think it should have been about 5 pounds!
    Maybe this will happen this week (I actually ate 5 chocolate bars yesterday!!)

I never really drank them, I am buying them now when I am out and about as well as using the Nescafe ones for home, now they are not even the Skinny Latte's!!

Can someone tell me are these very high in points? Or have the same addictions?

Being honest the way I am going with them if they are high in points I'm not sure if I will even stop! :(

I wish it was just lattes I'm addicted too - I have a thing for mochas which are waaaayyyy worse. I try to treat myself to a small skinny one once a week and then make my own using a highlights and instant coffee - absolutley not the same but it hits the spot.

Would you try use the skinny nescafe ones? Or making a milky americano with skimmed milk as suggested by someone else? You can buy a little electronic whisk that can foam warmed milk at home so could start making your own with skimmed milk too. Some places you go will use skimmed milk as opposed to low fat for their skinny coffees - its just a matter of asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Morning fellow Weightwatchers.

I am down 1.5lbs this week. So got to my second Mini Goal of 12stone but not my third of back into the 11s. Next week it will be. I am going to have a quiet weekend and point everything (something I dont do very often at the weekend and I end up just writing off my weeklies). Ive lost 6.5lbs in 4weeks so I am going to take that and run! Its so great looking at my lil notebook and seeing only downward pointing arrows. Sometimes you just need a fresh start and an attitude adjustment. I really really want to do it this time and I feel it will as my positive attitude lasts all week now and not just for a day or two.

I am actually excited to go to Aldi tomorrow and buy loads of BNS and other healthy treats. I think I will make BNS soup this week as a change from my usual veg. Anyone got a yummy Opp recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all - my big BIG achievement today is that I did Week3 Day 1 of the C25K and I DIDN'T GET A STITCH. For the first time since I started two weeks ago. I've been getting a stitch every single run and today I didn't. And I thought I would because it is my first time running for 3 minutes straight in about 15 years.

It's the small things ;-)

I LOVE lattes. Costa do the skimmed milk ones and I love them for a treat. The full fat ones are very high though.... 8pp, and that's not including the pain au chocolat I used to have with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Hi all, just popping in for my weekend reminder to stay on track and stay focused.
    At the WI on Wed there were no trackers left and I feel like I'm being terrible. That plus dinners out this weekend.........

Eabhabear, after your antibiotics make sure to eat some prohibitive yoghurt to get your tummy back working properly and drink lots if water.

• Advertisement

Ok folks... I've a question. I'm working this weekend. One would think this might normally keep me on track, but instead, it usually gives me a license to do as I please. I don't normally bother with an official tea break, as I'm on my own, but instead I'd find myself at this time, eating a bar of choc, washing it down with a bottle of diet coke, and at lunch time, I'd probably make similar ridiculous moves, and then on my way home, realise I'd eaten my whole days propoints, and yet to have a dinner.

Now. My big treat on a sat/sun (along with my calorific lunch) is a lovely praline hot choc. Not butlers, but similar quality. I'd often have them both days (this attitude of entitlement is why I'm struggling with ww). I've decided that this weekend, I'm going to have one today, and not tomorrow, but I'm wondering how many pp it will be, if I get it made with low fat milk?
    Anyone hazard a guess?
    Thanks!

Advertisement