Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

ck83 wrote: »
    Ok folks... I've a question. I'm working this weekend. One would think this might normally keep me on track, but instead, it usually gives me a license to do as I please. I don't normally bother with an official tea break, as I'm on my own, but instead I'd find myself at this time, eating a bar of choc, washing it down with a bottle of diet coke, and at lunch time, I'd probably make similar ridiculous moves, and then on my way home, realise I'd eaten my whole days propoints, and yet to have a dinner.

Now. My big treat on a sat/sun (along with my calorific lunch) is a lovely praline hot choc. Not butlers, but similar quality. I'd often have them both days (this attitude of entitlement is why I'm struggling with ww). I've decided that this weekend, I'm going to have one today, and not tomorrow, but I'm wondering how many pp it will be, if I get it made with low fat milk?
    Anyone hazard a guess?
    Thanks!

I'd say your best bet is to try and find the nutritional info for the butlers one. You should find it somewhere online. I hear you on the sense of entitlement. That's me on a Friday evening after work. "I've had a long hard week at work I'm allowed to treat myself". In trying to break that habit so what I've decided is to not have my most WI treat and to have that on Friday instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chickatees

Hi guys,

Looking to join you all for motivation and support! I joined my WW group on Wednesday, so enjoying the first couple of days so far. Bit worried about my few drinks and my Sat night food tonight, but I still have most of my weeklies to use ;-)

Looking forward to losing weight (aiming for 3 stone!) and sharing the ups and downs with you all (hopefully a lot less ups!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Eabha.. Thanks for that info.. i havent been back yet here.. ended up in A and E for two days over weekend.. Yes I am still in Australia.. Think I will go back to class tomorrow evening.

Can someone maybe do my points for me roughly even... I am around 87kg which I think is 13st 6.5lb, height is 164cm and age is 24??

Im actually struggling to remember the pp values.. ya think it would be drilled into my head??

Is fruit n veg still mostly free ??

Thanks guys hope you all had a better weekend then me xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabha.. Thanks for that info.. i havent been back yet here.. ended up in A and E for two days over weekend.. Yes I am still in Australia.. Think I will go back to class tomorrow evening.

Can someone maybe do my points for me roughly even... I am around 87kg which I think is 13st 6.5lb, height is 164cm and age is 24??

Im actually struggling to remember the pp values.. ya think it would be drilled into my head??

According to my app, it's 31 pp. don't know how accurate it is, but it might be right!

I am on the verge of becoming a ww dropout. Can't pull my head in at all. No point fooling myself anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chickatees

My leader said these noodles are only 2pp. I can't find them anywhere though :rolleyes: Can anyone advise where I can get them? I'm based in South Dublin.

Thx

• Advertisement

87kg is 13st 10lbs which gives you a points allowance of 30pps. I'm using an app as well so not sure how entirely reliable it is. The usual veg are pointed e.g. parsnip, potatoes etc.
    I am on the verge of becoming a ww dropout. Can't pull my head in at all. No point fooling myself anymore.

I know how you feel. Is there a particular reason you can't get in the right frame of mind? Sometimes you need to take a break from it but the question you need to ask yourself is, how much weight will you put on if you quit? If you feel you can quit and at least maintain, then by all means you should. At the end of the day you do not need WW to know what to eat. You can still eat healthy, lots of lean protein, veg, healthy fats etc. The important thing is to stay away from the junk food. As you probably know I have been struggling as well. Considering the amount I gained in the last 2 weeks, I know I if I was to quit I would quickly be seeing the 15's on the scale. It can take time but it only takes one little thing to make the light bulb go off in your head.

I had a great non-scale moment today. I was in the shop and the cupcakes I absolutely adore were on special offer. Of course without even thinking I picked them up and put them in the basket. As I was walking around the shop, I started to realise that this is why I never get anywhere. I have no willpower. So I took them out and left them on a shelf and picked up a box of grapes instead. The scales appear to be showing some of last weeks gain gone as well. Hopefully by WI on Wednesday, it will all be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I;m so happy, did the Great Ireland Run 10k in the Phoenix Park today and I got my best time ever for 10k - even at the height of my fitness years ago the fastest I ever got was 1hr 6mins - this time i did it in 1hr5mins. I know its only a minute - but when i got the 1hr6mins i had jogged the whole thing - this time I took a few walking breaks so was sure I would be slower and I wasnt. To be fair though for my walking breaks I was walking faster than some of the joggers so I didnt slow down.

Last year at the Womens Mini Marathon i clocked a time of 1hr36mins, I just cant believe the difference the year has made. Am feeling very sore and tired, and feeling a bit like I should be able to eat whatever I want know - but am also buzzing from this great feeling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Evening everyone, after my weigh in on Wednesday last I seem to have thrown myself off the wagon!!

I don't know, I think I'm still trying to get my head in to it and stick to it!

I visited the Dunmore Caves yesterday and climbed 700 steps (twice)! Surely there's some exercise in that!

I had an hour walk today and I have some veg cooking for a 0pp soup to set me up for the week.

I have written off my weeklies but hopefully I can pull it around again between now and Wednesday and even have an STS on the scales!

Well I am after making a bit of a shocking discovery. I normally get the WW Brennans thin slice wholemeal bread. I could not find it in any shop today so I just got the thick slice wholemeal. I thought it would be 4pps for 2 slices but to my shock it is only 3pps for 2 slices. The thick slices are much smaller than the thin ones so effectively you are getting the same amount of bread just different shapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sharshar68

Hi all I have read an awful lot of the posts on here to keep up my motivation. I am doing WW from home since last wednesday and am being very strict in pointing. I struggle hard to lose weight as I am on antidepressants for years. I go to the gym most days every day since Wed actually so far this week, so really hope when I hop on the scales on Wed morning I will see a move for the first time in months. I joined the gym in October last and saw a quickish loss of 6 lbs but nothing since. Im a devil for the wine so only had my one bottle this week, last night. I was 11st 5 on Wed so heres hoping! :)

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »

I know how you feel. Is there a particular reason you can't get in the right frame of mind? Sometimes you need to take a break from it but the question you need to ask yourself is, how much weight will you put on if you quit? If you feel you can quit and at least maintain, then by all means you should. At the end of the day you do not need WW to know what to eat. You can still eat healthy, lots of lean protein, veg, healthy fats etc. The important thing is to stay away from the junk food. As you probably know I have been struggling as well. Considering the amount I gained in the last 2 weeks, I know I if I was to quit I would quickly be seeing the 15's on the scale. It can take time but it only takes one little thing to make the light bulb go off in your head.

Eabha, I know for a fact that if I drop out, I'll feel like crap, and gain gain gain. I'm under no illusions. I can't do this myself. If I was the type of person who could eat healthily, and lose weight, I wouldn't need to go to WW in the first place. I'll be back where I started, and even more miserable in no time. i don't know why I can't get my head around this, but I've come to the realisation that I'm about the same weight now as I was a year ago, even though I've been continuously going to WW (not actually doing the plan, don't get me wrong), and I feel like theres no point in it. Am I wasting money, or is spending that money to maintain my current (over)weight money well spent??

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Eabha, I know for a fact that if I drop out, I'll feel like crap, and gain gain gain. I'm under no illusions. I can't do this myself. If I was the type of person who could eat healthily, and lose weight, I wouldn't need to go to WW in the first place. I'll be back where I started, and even more miserable in no time. i don't know why I can't get my head around this, but I've come to the realisation that I'm about the same weight now as I was a year ago, even though I've been continuously going to WW (not actually doing the plan, don't get me wrong), and I feel like theres no point in it. Am I wasting money, or is spending that money to maintain my current (over)weight money well spent??

Are you following the plan and its not working for you or are you just going to the meetings and not following?

If

Dee01 wrote: »
    Are you following the plan and its not working for you or are you just going to the meetings and not following?

If

I'm going to meetings, hopping off the scales, doing my own thing for the week, and walking back in with my fingers crossed the following week. Sometimes that strategy works. Usually it doesn't. Obviously enough.

I'm going to meetings, hopping off the scales, doing my own thing for the week, and walking back in with my fingers crossed the following week. Sometimes that strategy works. Usually it doesn't. Obviously enough.

Have you tried to follow the plan? Do you stay for the class and listen to the tips, info etc?

Maybe Google some healthy meal plans and start with small mini goals for yourself. Say goal 1 is to plan 3 full days of food (3 meals and 2 snacks and WATER!) and choose three days in the week to only eat what you have planned. Build it to 4 days a week then 5 days a week, etc....

You will always have party's, family occasions, holidays etc., but if you can feel positive and proud of yourself for sticking to your plan 80% of the time, maybe your motivation will increase.

I only started tracking 100% honestly in the last 6 weeks, but it has made a massive difference. I also write notes re mood, events, etc,. I used to not bother filling it in when I went over, but I was really only fooling myself. No one saw my tracker except me so there was really no winner. I am now filling it in good, bad or ugly. And now, if I have a day or a bad week I can scan back through and see what caused it.

I personally don't think I could justify €10 to have someone weigh me if I wasn't making an effort. I'm really not implying you're not making an effort at all, ur still going to class, so you must be conscious of your food choices even if you aren't tracking. If you could increase that consciousness you could really see that scales move.

Good luck with it.

Hi guys!

thanks for that! iv found a meeting after work tonight yay so ill have all my info again!

I made a quiche last nite for lunch with salad this week so feeling good about it!

I love cooking and baking so i am looking forward to using some nice recipes for ww friendly stuff!

Hope you all have a great week, and to those looking for their mojo it will come back and you will realise that ww is a way of life trust me i always end up coming back to w w!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I made a quiche last nite for lunch with salad this week so feeling good about it!

Do you have a ww friendly quiche recipe coz I love quiche!

Ck83, did you try what I did a month ago - a complete fresh start, reread all the info, a brand new notebook and I went through my fridge and cupboards, pointed everything and wrote the pp on the package. It made me feel more in control. I wrote mini goals and hung one copy in my bedroom and keep one in my bag to constantly motivate me and to break down the steps to goal into more manageable losses. I also now write down everything that I can - except the likes of last weekend when I was out for a three course meal, drinking and airport food so I couldnt even begin to estimate the points. Instead I just wrote off my weeklies. I was still down 1.5lbs on Friday due to strict tracking and 2/500 during the week. Due to all the above, I have now lost 6.5lbs in 4 weeks despite Easter, last weekend's night away and other hiccups. I hope I don't sound like I am bragging, I just mean it is possible. I was like you, I was the same weight as this time last year and really unmotivated. I kept letting bad days or weekends ruin my entire week. Now I feel like I am not doing this and long may it continue as I am still 2stone from goal. Head up and we are all here whenever you need help or encouragement.

Ok, now I feel like a fraud, after my motivating speech, I have to confess to another bad weekend :o. I didn't go out so felt that this gave me an excuse to use my alcohol points on chocolate. I am going to turn into a purple snack. Grr! I did learn an important lesson. I went for late lunch with my friends to a tapas bar yesterday afternoon. They usually have a deal of 2 tapas (which are v. big) and a glass of wine for €14. I had planned to eat that even though I hadn't the points left. When we arrived, it turned out they don't do this deal on a Sunday so instead I got a goats cheese and bacon salad (nom!) and drank water. Considering my second tapa would have been patatas bravas, I saved so many points (and money) and was very full after. So my lesson to myself is to take a minute to think about the menu and don't automatically go for the special offer or glass of wine. I just hope I remember it. Despite all my progress in the last few weeks, the weekends are still my downfall. Now that I've got the weekdays under control, I am going to tackle the weekends starting this weekend.

Anyway, back to a week of strict pointing and 2/500 to make up for my overindulgence (AGAIN! :rolleyes:). Have a good week everyone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

I;m so happy, did the Great Ireland Run 10k in the Phoenix Park today and I got my best time ever for 10k - even at the height of my fitness years ago the fastest I ever got was 1hr 6mins - this time i did it in 1hr5mins. I know its only a minute - but when i got the 1hr6mins i had jogged the whole thing - this time I took a few walking breaks so was sure I would be slower and I wasnt. To be fair though for my walking breaks I was walking faster than some of the joggers so I didnt slow down.

Last year at the Womens Mini Marathon i clocked a time of 1hr36mins, I just cant believe the difference the year has made. Am feeling very sore and tired, and feeling a bit like I should be able to eat whatever I want know - but am also buzzing from this great feeling!!

well done, very inspirational! Can I ask if you went straight from entering 5k to 10k runs (obviously with the training in between)? I feel maybe I need a stepping stone mentally between the two... Just wondering how you handled moving up? Thanks!

foxxykate wrote: »
    well done, very inspirational! Can I ask if you went straight from entering 5k to 10k runs (obviously with the training in between)? I feel maybe I need a stepping stone mentally between the two... Just wondering how you handled moving up? Thanks!

I never did any 5k runs apart from training - I've only ever done the mini marathon before and i moved from walking the whole thing - to jogging most of it then to jogging all of it and then lost all my fitness and was back at the start again.

I tend to just jump straight in - I tried the couch to 5k but found it very boring and would rather just see how far I can go myself.

I may be mad but im now toying around with the idea ofdoing a half marathon next year - but if need to do a few more 10ks first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

I cant jump straight into running a 5k, I try and build it up a 2k jog is only 12-20 mins depending on how quickly you jog so start from there and work it up. a 5k be a lot of running for your first go! I also like jogging really slowly like an old woman when I try to push myself to go further. Its easier on the lungs :)

I'm training to do my first 10k for the Womens Mini Marathon this year - I've gotten up to 7.35k in an hour so far. It's a good motivator for keeping the weight off as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

I did the 5k Run with Ray in Killarney a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I jogged the whole thing without walking which was my aim and did it in 32min. There is a 5 mile run coming up in Cork on 27th April so I might aim for that :rolleyes: 5k is 3.2miles apparently. I get a massive buzz from jogging it's unreal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi there!

I'm just wondering how people decide on their exercise intensity level?

I know there's guidelines in the book but they're very vague!

Any help at all would be great! Thanks =)

Thanks folks for the words of encouragement. Day 1 of my fresh start (yes, another fresh start, I know, I'm a pain in the bum) is down, and it's been a good one. Almost stayed within my dailies (would have been fine, if it weren't for a workmate bringing brownies to work this morning... only had a taste, but I'd wager it was fairly calorific!).
    I'll try and do this again tomorrow. I managed to avoid bread/toast/a scone this morning at my tea break (major NSV), and just had an orange. That saved me a fair few points early on in the day!
    I used have porridge for breakfast, but lately I'd been slipping and having cheerios/special k - within pp, but not as filling- and I'd be hungry by my teabreak at work. The last few days, I've had nature valley granola bars. I know nutritionally they aren't great, and they're prob loaded with sugar, but they are super filling. Will stick with them for a little while for a change (and an extra 5 min in bed!).
    I'm going to take this day by day. I decided that paying money to at least maintain my current weight is well worth it... it would probably cost a fortune in junk food to regain three or four stone!

Thanks folks for the words of encouragement. Day 1 of my fresh start (yes, another fresh start, I know, I'm a pain in the bum) is down, and it's been a good one. Almost stayed within my dailies (would have been fine, if it weren't for a workmate bringing brownies to work this morning... only had a taste, but I'd wager it was fairly calorific!).
    I'll try and do this again tomorrow. I managed to avoid bread/toast/a scone this morning at my tea break (major NSV), and just had an orange. That saved me a fair few points early on in the day!
    I used have porridge for breakfast, but lately I'd been slipping and having cheerios/special k - within pp, but not as filling- and I'd be hungry by my teabreak at work. The last few days, I've had nature valley granola bars. I know nutritionally they aren't great, and they're prob loaded with sugar, but they are super filling. Will stick with them for a little while for a change (and an extra 5 min in bed!).
    I'm going to take this day by day. I decided that paying money to at least maintain my current weight is well worth it... it would probably cost a fortune in junk food to regain three or four stone!

Well done on the great day. I love that feeling. Its the best motivation there is (apart from lbs down).

I was an absolute fiend for special k. I swear my '30g' was probably more like 70/80g if not more. I used to use full fat milk on Friday for a treat!! I now use my scales for everything. Its such an eye opener. I stick to 40g of porridge and add 20g of the milled linseed stuff. I make it with water and a TINY bit of salt. Its a high point breakfast, but I am trying to stick to the 'breakfast of kings and dinner of pauper' thing if you know what I mean.

Best of luck for the rest of the week. I hope you can stick to your new routine :-)

Hello all

so good to hear all of your exercise goals and achievements makes me feel very inadequate haha i have to be really on a buzz to stick with the gym.!

Went back to class last nite.. was good i find the classes back home much more social to be honest but its ok if it gets me back on track!

Ck83.. the one i made is working out at 13pp which isn't good value really considering so im gonna play around with some recipes later and even make a crustless one! ill post a recipe when i get it sorted :)

iv been in an out of ww for years but really feel like starting from scratch again can't remember any pp i guess its a good thing refreshing everything!

Do any of you know how many pp the chocolate Philly is the small individual tubs?

Have a great week x

Well done for getting back stuck in. Its so hard to find motivation at times.

I had nature valley bars for breakfast for most of the time i was loosing weight - they were handy to have in work and i found they kept me going til lunch. Have only changed it up to porridge this year. Like you I knew they weren't the best but they were workign for me so i just stuck with it!

Good luck with the rest of the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Ck83, why not try eggs for breakfast? As they are protein they should fill you.
    I eat 3 eggs scrambled in the morning for 5 points and I absolutely drown myself with the amount of water I drink before lunch time.

Weight is coming off seriously slow for me but I have had weekends of occasions every week for about 4 weeks. have a few weeks to just focus on my diet now and been doing 30 day shred. Finding it amazing for my arms and thighs after only 5 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Got my WI tonight...hoping to be down 1lb but had a bad enough weekend with food & drink, so I'd be happy with a STS. I'm really going to have to try harder at the weekends - I'm in control Mon-Friday but then all my hard work goes out the window.

At last week's meeting our leader was on about the size of our plates/bowl/mugs. I have lovely bowls for pasta and rice dishes but I know they are massive & I always fill them and scoff everything in them (I was brought up being told you couldn't leave the table until the plate was clean!!!) I was in IKEA on saturday & got the same bowls but much smaller. I made a spag bol last night & the portion looked huge in them! Hopefully they will help me.

Good luck everyone with this weeks WI's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Natmus, I am the same with my weekends - I am well behaved all week and then go mad at the weekend. I have no major plans this weekend - maybe a drink or two - so I am going to try to track everything for a change. I also second the small plates thing - my skinny friend eats all her food from small bowls and side plates and with small cutlery and it must work!

I had BNS soup yesterday for lunch. Yum yum! Had a slimbo and a triangle of cheese with it. Together with porridge for breakfast and fruit for snacks, I had only used 9 points by dinner and luckily too as I took out peppered burgers for dinner and my OH was cooking them when I came home. But he had eaten a large late lunch so wasnt hungry which left the two burgers, potatoes and peas for me. I had just enough points thankfully and I feel like it was a nutritious day.

Just an FYI, My Fitness Pal is great for nutrition information to point products with no info on the packet or, as I do sometimes, to point something before you buy it. Sometimes when shopping, I think "Oh I dont have time to point" and throw something in the basket and then go home to find its very high in points but being one of these people who hate to waste anything, I eat it anyway.

I had such a good day yesterday. Stuck to plan religiously and I did two lots of 30 day shred last night. I have my final day of level 1 today so can't wait to move on to level 2. The scales are moving nicely in the right direction so hopefully tomorrow's WI will be good.

Anyone lacking in motivation, I was reading niptucks blog this morning and it is a great read.
    http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2013/04/the-fear-and-some-food-finds.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Theniptuckfoodblog+(TheNipTuckFoodBlog)

Any porridge experts out there? I am starting to get bored of my breakfast, boiled egg, some ham on a wholemeal slimbo. Also I am going to try and give up wheat for week to see if it has any effect on bloating. I want something that would be quick and easy in the morning but is also a nice taste for a porridge beginner.
    javagal wrote: »
    Ck83, why not try eggs for breakfast? As they are protein they should fill you.
    I eat 3 eggs scrambled in the morning for 5 points and I absolutely drown myself with the amount of water I drink before lunch time.

Weight is coming off seriously slow for me but I have had weekends of occasions every week for about 4 weeks. have a few weeks to just focus on my diet now and been doing 30 day shred. Finding it amazing for my arms and thighs after only 5 days!

Do you use the yolks in your eggs or egg whites? I always thought 2 eggs were 5 points while 3 were 7?

CavanGal wrote: »
    Just an FYI, My Fitness Pal is great for nutrition information to point products with no info on the packet or, as I do sometimes, to point something before you buy it. Sometimes when shopping, I think "Oh I dont have time to point" and throw something in the basket and then go home to find its very high in points but being one of these people who hate to waste anything, I eat it anyway.

Tesco.ie is great as well for nutritional values. You used to have to sign up for it but you don't anymore.

• Advertisement

Hello all!

Major help needed.. the recipe builder online ain't working and iv just made a lovely Frittata for lunches this week.. Can someone perhaps point it for me?

I used-

Three eggs
    three egg whites
    40g cheddar cheese
    50g ham
    1 cup skim
    and a load of veggies!

really appreciate it! xx

Advertisement