Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Ah really annoyed with myself had a really good weekend ww wise tracked everything ate all my points but tracked, normally i just write off my 49 and probalby eat alot more than that. But then what do i go and do spend Monday evening eating all around me. So Silly :( wi on thursday so hopefully i can do a bit of good before then best of luck this week everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Up again. By a pound. Not sure where I went wrong :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 BMSF

Went up 2lbs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sharshar68

Hi all, started WW last wednesday just from home as I have the books but I go to the gym every day and really push myself but am finding that I am shaking. I know its because of the big calorie cut but I need energy to do the gym too Im sort of worried about it, anybody else have this problem, thanks in advance :):confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

sharshar68 wrote: »
    Hi all, started WW last wednesday just from home as I have the books but I go to the gym every day and really push myself but am finding that I am shaking. I know its because of the big calorie cut but I need energy to do the gym too Im sort of worried about it, anybody else have this problem, thanks in advance :):confused:

This happens to me sometimes too!

Why not try have some 0pp soup before going to the gym? Or a banana, I find bananas are great!

• Advertisement

Thanks will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Eabhabear, I was always told that medium eggs are 2pp for one, 4pp for two but 5pp for 3.
    Large eggs are more.
    Maybe I'm wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

STS tonight. Not sure if I'm happy or what. Happy I didn't go up but a bit disappointed because I did an awful lot of walking. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Eabhabear-you asked about porridge. I've been having mine with unsweetened almond milk for the last while. It's creamy and lovely, and really, really low in points-like 400ml for 1pp. So I have 30g oats, 180ml milk and 1tsp maple syrup for 5 pp. I had a bad experience with an egg last week (it had a bloody white and I have a bad case of the heebies after cracking it) so I'm switching to porridge for brekkie for a while!

My new discovery is blitzed up cauliflower! I had decided to make cauliflower pizza base last week. I blitzed up a rake of cauli, sauteed it in low cal spray for about 6 mins, mixed in some low fat dubliner, dried rosemary and thyme (all I had I'd say fresh might be nicer) and garlic and s&p. I tasted it and it was DIVINE. Then I was to crack in an egg and had the above issue - horrors horrors - it may well turn me into an eggless vegetarian. However, the cauli mix pre the egg disaster was DELISH-a bit like cous cous. I made it tonight sans egg for a super low pp comfort food dinner with some marinated tofu on the side. Delish and I can think of all sorts of combos - like low fat feta, mint and lemon or rocket and pomegranate or leek, blue cheese and pear... Cauliflower blitzed and sautéed=good gear.

For all my talk, I'm predicting a sts or small gain tomorrow. I'd a huge dinner on Friday, worth the splurge as it was very special, good quality food, but I'd say I'm in all the trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Hello all!

Major help needed.. the recipe builder online ain't working and iv just made a lovely Frittata for lunches this week.. Can someone perhaps point it for me?

I used-

Three eggs
    three egg whites
    40g cheddar cheese
    50g ham
    1 cup skim
    and a load of veggies!

really appreciate it! xx

16 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Smidge wrote: »
    16 points

Thank you :) great value yummy an filling yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

javagal wrote: »
    Eabhabear, I was always told that medium eggs are 2pp for one, 4pp for two but 5pp for 3.
    Large eggs are more.
    Maybe I'm wrong

I've based mine on the nutritional value on the eggs. An average medium egg is 58g so one is 2 points while two is 5 points and three is 7 points. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Eabhabear-you asked about porridge. I've been having mine with unsweetened almond milk for the last while. It's creamy and lovely, and really, really low in points-like 400ml for 1pp. So I have 30g oats, 180ml milk and 1tsp maple syrup for 5 pp. I had a bad experience with an egg last week (it had a bloody white and I have a bad case of the heebies after cracking it) so I'm switching to porridge for brekkie for a while!

What brand do you use? Is there much difference between brands?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have my first ever WW WI today! Dreading it, I had a sneaky look at the scales yesterday and it is not looking good for later! :(

If I don't lose I will be really disappointed, I worked hard this week food wise and did alot of walking.

Its my first weigh in day too, Im doing WW on my own so Ill weigh in the gym later as the batteries are gone in my scales. But I definitely feel lighter and my clothes feel better, plus Ive tracked only used 22 of my weeklies and went to gym every day so if I dont lose I give up! good luck with your weigh in ;)

lockie1983 wrote: »
    I have my first ever WW WI today! Dreading it, I had a sneaky look at the scales yesterday and it is not looking good for later! :(

If I don't lose I will be really disappointed, I worked hard this week food wise and did alot of walking.
    Dont worry even if you dont it may show up next week, although if youre anything like me I really have to kill myself to lose weight, im on antidepressants and they make it harder. Let me know how you get on, what time is your weigh in?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Hurray I was down 1lb last night. Need to stay motivated for the week and try to control the weekend - I'm convinced if I didn't eat & drink like a pig at the weekends I'd be 2 or 3 lb down every week!! Why is it that I know this but still can't behave? Think I better do a menu plan for fri, Sat & Sun and just stick to it. I can then keep weeklies for alcohol and treats.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

sharshar68 wrote: »

You need to make sure you are giving your body the fuel it needs to do the exercise you are doing maybe if you are doing alot of working out then you might think about using some of your activity points. if you are doing to much and not eating your body may go into starvation mode and hold on to the fat instead of working it off.

Bananas are great, maybe on a slice of brown bread, read once they are digested better if eaten on a slice of brown bread

Best of luck with your wi hope it goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi all
    Just found this online...
    http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=57481&sc=3022&cid=M-SR-TW-WDS

It gives a good week plan for regular, filling & Healthy and also a vegetarian week plan too.

Well done Natmus, I find too that the weekends are the killers for me. I've stopped drinking and am now like "oh I deserve this treat for not drinking"
    I'm taking Eabhabear's suggestion to track treats in red to try and limit them.

No pain no gain and I certainly ain't in any pain these past few weeks so can see the why the gains!!!

I get the dizzy spells too sometimes, I find a little laughing cow triangle great or some popcorn. I need salt I find.
    Great idea re the banana though Tryagain, thanks

Eabhabear wrote: »
    What brand do you use? Is there much difference between brands?

I use the Alpro unsweetened version - you get it on what my sister terms 'the hippy shelf' in Dunnes - probably get it in most places though! I'm fairly sure most brands are about the same - let me know if you try it! I've also been trying different porridge combos - I added lemon zest, a teeny bit of vanilla essence and blueberries the other day for a pseudo blueberry lemon muffin taste. Look, it's really not the same, but it was lovely - if slightly different to what I'm used to!

Lockie - Sometimes your body goes into crisis mode the first week and hangs onto weight for dear life, and then the gain shows next week. I tended to lose every second week, but overall I lost about 1.5 lbs a Also don't use your home scales as they can be different to the WW ones, and your weight will fluctuate during the day, so you can be really thrown off! Best of luck and remember this is a marathon not a sprint - slow and steady and you'll get there.

Sharshar - my first week on weight watchers I was so hungry I actually felt nauseous - I would have some Ryvita or porridge oats and yoghurt to help with the hunger. Don't suffer, because you will only get sick of feeling that way and give up! Some of the suggestions here are good - and remember you have activity points, which you could probably use if you are doing a lot of exercise.

Down half a pound this morning!! Delighted - back to 1.5lbs from goal today. I'm mental in work right now as we're nearing the end of semester and I might explode from the stress! But if I can maintain or get small losses in the next month until it all calms down again I'll be happy. Did week 3 day 1 of the C25k this am as well - week 4 and running for 5 minutes from Friday morning - I might collapse!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi all,

Down a half a pound.....
    Dunno am I happy or sad
    I'm on a lot of antidepressants too and they make me have a ravenous appetite....
    I'm convinced I was only down cause I wore fit flops instead of boots!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Can anyone give me the low down on cheese. Been avoiding it but kinda craving it now

Pinkstars - any minus is a positive! I was also down half a pound this week and I'm delighted. Antids are known to slow up your metabolism and so maybe you need to go a wee bit easier on yourself. You ARE losing weight, you just might need to go a little bit slower than you originally planned? Congratulations on your loss and best of luck with the week ahead.

Javagirl - Cheese is my worst enemy and best friend all at the same time. It is responsible for my being 28lbs heavier than I was now just six months ago, but it was also the one treat food that I refuse to give up. Some of my favourite options are: Dubliner Light (3pp for 40g), Camembert/Feta/goats (3pp for 40g), Mini Babybel light (1pp for the little snack bit and great for a little cheese hit if you really crave it), Philly extra light tubs (1pp, great on Ryvita or to make a creamy pasta sauce with spinach or broccolli) or blue cheese (4pp for 40g - a bit higher, but the strong taste means a little goes a long way). I have to be really careful as I absolutely have the capacity to eat a block of cheese in one go (particularly if it's accompanied by lovely crusty french bread!) so I weigh my cheese and portion it out in the fridge so I know exactly how much I can have. Also grate the Dubliner really small - it goes much further!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Firstweek bk going good, within my points.. and trying to have food pre planned.. using my weeklies this week on asian dinner for a friends birthday sat night so i hope I can keep to the weeklies instead of drinking and eating them and then paying fir them on sunday with my first WI bk on Monday that wont be good!!

Few random questions.. finding it so hard remembering and pointing..

1/2 cup light milk is 2pp ??
    40g cheddar cheese is 4 pp??

Also anyone know the pp to the choc philly tubs.. the small 37.5g??

No exercise at all yet this week.. hoping to get a couple of gym sessions in before WI.. hadnt been well and only getting my strength back!!

A few sts and half pound losses i see.. Dont fret about the small stuff believe me it is always better to see that then a gain... And a good week is never unseen on the scales even if it takes a week or two to show!! Chin up everyone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Can anyone give me the low down on cheese. Been avoiding it but kinda craving it now

I find Low Low light cheese slices or any Aldi/Lidl equivalent are really handy as it is 2pp per slice. If I use a block, I sometimes kid myself into thinking a big lump is 2pp. I also like cottage cheese on sandwiches and centra sliced edam cheese is also 2pp.

My week is going ok, sticking to pp but no chance to do 2/500. I am going to FX buckleys on Pembroke St for lunch tomorrow and I think I will get the ceasar salad for starters and the cod for mains and have 0pp soup for tea later. The Pan Roast Chicken sounds yum though but I think it might be high in pp. Link to menu if anyone has any advice: http://pembroke.fxbuckley.ie/menus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Hey everyone.

After feeling great about my run and everything I got to WI last night and was up 2lbs. Between what i was up from my holiday i am not 4.5lbs above goal so am in crisis mode to get back down. Now it is TOTM and also my leader mentioned sometimes people show a bit of a gain after a big change in exercise - but i am thinking there may be a bit more of it down to me. I wasnt expecting it and i thought id been good but i think ive been a bit too relaxed since getting to goal. It worked for a few weeks but i need to go back to the discipline i know works for me.

Went straigh to tesco after and bought a shedload of veg for the mother of all salads for my lunch - lettuce, spinach, brocalli, cucmber, cherry toms, beetroot, carrot and cellery all topped off with some hardboiled eggs and tuna - huge and tasty for just 6pp.

Also heading to sign up tonight for some fitness classes. There is a place near me that is a warehouse that just does classes, bootcamp, pilates, pump and tone and stuff like that. Going to go for the trial and then sign up after- i cant seem to motivate myself off the couch without something like that. I need to be getting to at least 3 classes a week for it to be worth my money but im going to aim for 4 and see how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

I like the Lidl goats cheese (it's in a little pyramid box) and it's 3 pps for half the pack, loads for wraps, salads etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just out of my wi I lost 2lbs :) I'm delighted! Down to 44 pp as well! I'm thrilled with the loss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Just out of my wi I lost 2lbs :) I'm delighted! Down to 44 pp as well! I'm thrilled with the loss!

Well done babe! I told you it would pay off! Bet that was all my home cooked meals that did it! :p

• Advertisement

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Well done babe! I told you it would pay off! Bet that was all my home cooked meals that did it! :p

It sure was babe! Thanks for the dinners and your support and well done on your one pound loss too :D

Advertisement