Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

I am now the proud owner of a shiny silver 7!

7lbs over 2 weeks! I know that that's rare but it's a great dint in the amount of weight I have to loose =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

So happy I was down 2.5lbs :D Not all the weight I had gained but still a good loss. Also officially out of the 200's and I am planning on never going back!

Well done to everyone else who had losses.

Our meeting was very interesting tonight. It was about how much you could lose if you did everything right. Sounds easy I know but you have to track perfectly, plan all your meals in advance, drink water, exercise at every day and get 8 hours of sleep. The sleep thing was really interesting as I have not been sleeping properly lately and tiredness is a binge trigger. So I am going to try really hard this week and be perfect!

Also I am heading to Tribeca tomorrow night for dinner. I am only going to have one course so I am thinking chicken caeser salad. I know they can be high enough in points but I think its the easiest to estimate the points so I can just do low point meals the rest of the day. http://www.tribeca.ie/lahdesign/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tribeca.pdf

Thanks for the advice on porridge cailleach an airgid. I am definitely going to give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sharshar68

Natmus wrote: »
    Hurray I was down 1lb last night. Need to stay motivated for the week and try to control the weekend - I'm convinced if I didn't eat & drink like a pig at the weekends I'd be 2 or 3 lb down every week!! Why is it that I know this but still can't behave? Think I better do a menu plan for fri, Sat & Sun and just stick to it. I can then keep weeklies for alcohol and treats.[/quote

I'm down five my first week and under the11 stone mark first time in years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Eabhabear wrote: »
    So happy I was down 2.5lbs :D Not all the weight I had gained but still a good loss. Also officially out of the 200's and I am planning on never going back!

Well done to everyone else who had losses.

Our meeting was very interesting tonight. It was about how much you could lose if you did everything right. Sounds easy I know but you have to track perfectly, plan all your meals in advance, drink water, exercise at every day and get 8 hours of sleep. The sleep thing was really interesting as I have not been sleeping properly lately and tiredness is a binge trigger. So I am going to try really hard this week and be perfect!

Also I am heading to Tribeca tomorrow night for dinner. I am only going to have one course so I am thinking chicken caeser salad. I know they can be high enough in points but I think its the easiest to estimate the points so I can just do low point meals the rest of the day. http://www.tribeca.ie/lahdesign/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tribeca.pdf
    Thanks for the advice on porridge cailleach an airgid. I am definitely going to give it a try.

You could always go for an omelette, you would be able to count everything and just add a tbs of oilto ur points. Ask for side salad with no dressing on the side instead of the fries. But to be fair, I hate Caesar salad so I am a bit biased!!

Congratulations on the weight loss. Great news.

Congrats to all the rest of you with losses this week as well. I weigh in tomorrow and I'm fairly confident (touch wood) that I will have a loss.

One of you mentioned myfittnesspal.com earlier...... I genuinely can not recommend it enough. Its a real eye opener. I know fruit and Veg are free on ww, but they do still have calories which I had kinda forgotten about! Kept up the good work everyone.

Thanks all for the advice think I overdid the gym the last week too esp Monday I was in there for too long I felt like Id been run over by a bus today so I may eat a little more. Im down a stone overall but thats since I joined the gym last october, only the ww pointing this week has at last pushed the scale in the right direction ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

My leader mentioned in class last week about how people can attend WW for weeks and not be fully motivated. These people may lose slowly, a half lb or lb a week, or they may yoyo or simply maintain. Either way it didn't matter as by being there they were doing something right and that one day a switch would go on in our head.
    This happened to me last night. Most of you know I have been struggling since January and I have been really demotivated. Last night I was at a fundraiser ball and I had been dreading it for weeks because of my weight. When I got there I realised my fears had been so stupid. People were commenting on how beautiful I looked. I don't deal well with compliments but it felt nice. It made me realise that I can't hide from my weight, it is what it is. I can't force myself to lose it quickly for a particular event. I need to find nice clothes that look well on me now and I will still look lovely regardless of the weight. I have to stop being paranoid and thinking that people are staring at me because I'm the fat girl on the dance floor.
    I need to lose this weight in my own time slowly but surely. A lot of my struggles have been due to feeling stressed about how I look when I go out but after last night that stress isn't there anymore. I drank last night and for the first time properly recorded what I drank and had enough points for it. This morning I woke up and I had no urge for hangover food. I was quite happy eating normal, healthy food. To everyone out there that is struggling, by giving up you won't give yourself to time for that switch to go on. We all want the weight to fall off overnight. When it does not happen quick enough we give up and come back a few months later heavier and more depressed than before.[/QUOTE]

I haven't really been following this thread too much in the last few months but have been flicking back and this post really caught my attention, Eabhabear you have hit the nail right on the head.

I am embarrassed to be writing this but need to face up to what has been going on with my eating in the last 4/5 months. I took a break/quit WW around this time last year as I was getting frustrated with being up a lb/down a lb and feeling like I wasn't getting anywhere. I was about 5 lbs from goal and decided to do things on my own which didn't work. Panic set in then and I HAD to lose weight and do it fast which was where it really all fell apart-I tried to starve myself (disaster!!!) which led to sugar overloads, tried dukan, saw good results but not at all sustainable once I stopped this I let all my bad habits kick back in with a vengenance, I have had so many 'I'll start tomorrow moments' which led to countless 'last suppers' and looking for more quick fixes which I know in my heart of hearts don't exist. So I am officially back on WW as of tomorrow ( I am in Oz now so its heading into night-time), it is not the ideal time to be starting as I will be on the move on the west coast a lot over the next 6 weeks before I get back to normality in Ireland, food is pretty expensive here and Aldi isn't anywhere near me but I think if I don't start now I will have another stone on before I go home!

I have done ww before and posted here fairly frequently, I even considered changing my username but feel I need to be honest and stop running away this time! I have 2 stone to loose. Finally facing up to it.Aswell as facing up to my weight I am admitting to myself and ye that slow and steady is the only way I am going to succeed.
    Need this in print so I can refer back the next time I am googling 'rapid weight loss'

I am thinking of concentrating on breaking the sugar diet I have been living on lately and hopefully seeing a change in body shape/clothes rather than focusing on the number on the scales until I'm back home.

Breakfast and lunch are manageable but dinner is gonna be the problem area, can anybody recommend any good easy to make meals (I will be mainly in hostels so don't wanna spend ages in the kitchen and also can't really buy in bulk as I have to carry everything with me!)

Wow apologies for such a long post and a thank you to anyone who has managed to get to the end of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hey, well done on your weight loss this week. I read your blog this morning too. It was great to read an honest and open post. very funny re your 8.5 stone friend, ironic thing is she probably watches her weight big time and fears putting on weight (maybe she's trying to keep weight off?). Anyhow, your blog made me realise - I've put on 4 pounds since before Christmas. That's not alot and I'm getting so frustrated over it. It's 4 pounds, not 4 stone. I need to get over it and get on with it. So in a roundabout way, thanks.
    I wasted my teens too being fat, constantly worried about what clothes to wear, when my friends were wearing little dresses to discos, I wore black trousers and a top to "slim" myself down. I was 14 for crying out loud!! I'm 25 in July and like you Eabhabear, I don't want to waste my twenties being at a weight I'm not happy with. I want to enjoy my life and most importantly be happy with my body. This isn't going to happen without me putting in the work.

Re Tribeca, agreed to have an omelette or maybe even the Superfood salad? Or if you like fish, the mussels with salad can be a good option too? People overlook mussels, they're very low pps.

intouch44 wrote: »

I have 2 stone to loose. Finally facing up to it.Aswell as facing up to my weight I am admitting to myself and ye that slow and steady is the only way I am going to succeed.
    Breakfast and lunch are manageable but dinner is gonna be the problem area, can anybody recommend any good easy to make meals

Hi intouch, welcome back, hope oz has some nice sunshine, it's freezing in Dublin today! Slow and steady is right, I want this weight off for good.
    Pasta dinners would be the most obvious, making a sauce with light philideplhia and veg? Even bolognaise? Maybe buy a small tubaware box that you could make enough sauce to last 2/3 days?
    Couscous could be a handy one too, you could buy a small box and have with grilled chicken and veg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

If someone could post me a weekend survival guide a will love them forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi all,

Down a half a pound.....
    Dunno am I happy or sad
    I'm on a lot of antidepressants too and they make me have a ravenous appetite....
    I'm convinced I was only down cause I wore fit flops instead of boots!!!

Be happy with it...better than half a pound up!! Can't be easy when on antidepressants so well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well after a long break from this thread and a longer break from WW. I'm back! Lockie83 is my boyfriend and we both joined WW last wednesday. At my highest weight I was 17st1lb and at my lowest was 12st2lb, with a total loss of 4st13lb.

I now weigh 14st9.5lb. WW works for me but I have been up and down since ProPoints was introduced and lost all of my original weight on Points. I have tried Slimming World and Calorie Counting but I know WW is the program for me! I am hoping that this time I can utilise ProPoints as best as I can and hopefully find sucess with WW again, and I'm sure with the wonderful support of my wonderfully encouraging boyfriend I can do it! (I hope!) :D

So onwards and downwards!! :D

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    If someone could post me a weekend survival guide a will love them forever!

I bet 100 euro I'd feck it up!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello everyone!

Some really good losses and posts there! welcome back intouch44, Im also in Australia living in Melbourne and i do find things alot harder out here iv just started back too so hopefully get get back to losing!

Welcome back jwacqui! i too am just restarting I remember you posting from before and how well you did! amazing! Iv also tried everything from slim world to protein only and it just brings me back to weight watchers every time! Good luck with your new journey too and to the boyfriend :-)

Spent the evening sticking pp value labels to the contents of my presses and fridge! Still some little things id like to clarify

Ryvita 1pp ?
    chocolate Philadelphia 3pp per small tub
    Tomato paste is it 0pp?

Also anyone got good tips pp wise for Chinese food have a birthday dinner Saturday nite?

Thanks guys and good luck to anyone who is weighing in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

I lost 3 pounds this week :) That's 16.5 pounds in 8 weeks - I'm delighted and I only have 3 weeks left of my challenge. I think I might join after it's finished to try and get down to my 25 BMI which I am currently 13 pounds off :)

This thread is such a great booster for me too so thanks for all your stories - it's great to know everyone is going through the same thing and all the handy little tips I pick up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

STS this week, bit disappointed, just 4lbs from goal but have been playing around with this half stone since Christmas. Going to get to goal in 4 weeks. Thursday 16th May I am going to be at my goal, cant wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Welcome back jwacqui! i too am just restarting I remember you posting from before and how well you did! amazing! Iv also tried everything from slim world to protein only and it just brings me back to weight watchers every time! Good luck with your new journey too and to the boyfriend :-)

Hi Shelly,
    I remember your posts aswell. I just keep telling myself that a 1lb loss per week is just under 4stone in a year.
    I also need to remember that doing Weight Watchers right means doing the three Ws. Walking, Writing, Water! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Can someone tell me the points in steak

intouch 44 I remember you from before and its great that you are back. Take it one day at a time and you will get back into it. It doesn't matter what diet/eating plan you follow as long as you find the one that suits you and you are comfortable with. I think WW is a great starting point for someone with a lot of weight to lose, at least that's what I think. Stirfrys could be a good option for your dinner.

flowerpower I can relate to the black trousers that was me at every disco we went to. I would be so jealous of the girls in their short dresses and heels. I keep imaging myself in a nice dress with no tights on and turning heads. That is what we need to work towards and we can do it.

javagal that is a great blog idea, how to survive the weekend.....WW style :D I might give it a crack if I get a chance in work tomorrow. Regarding steaks, it really depends on the type, size and how fatty it is. I actually find steak really hard to point. As a guide I go by 3pps for 100g of lean beef.

Jwacqui (and Lockie) welcome back. You were such an inspiration to me so its so good to have you back. I loved your videos. I can relate to you about the propoints issue. I was the same when they were introduced, I hit a major plateau and I blamed the propoints. Initially I was doing everything perfect but then I got lazy but still maintained. I guess I was just resistant to change but I am fully embracing this time around and I am enjoying it now.

tryagain2012 that happens as you get closer to goal, the weight loss slows. Don't be too disheartened. You will get to goal you just have to be patient :)

I am feeling so positive today which is strange as I always feel tired and not bothered in Thursdays. I did a food shop tonight and believe it or not it was actually the first time I took out my phone and pointed in the shop. I also took out a portion of grapes and put in a bowl to pick at rather than devour the whole punnet like I usually do. I'm so happy I feel like this, as so far this year a good week (last week) is followed by a bad week. Lets hope it lasts into the weekend :cool:

Also not sure if anyone reads my blog but if you do I changed the url. I decided to change the name to something more appropriate. You can find the new link in my signature.

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.ie/ I dont know if anybody else has posted this but I only found this today, it has lots of common foods that are pointed and drinks, its really good :)

Hello everyone!

Some really good losses and posts there! welcome back intouch44, Im also in Australia living in Melbourne and i do find things alot harder out here iv just started back too so hopefully get get back to losing!

Spent the evening sticking pp value labels to the contents of my presses and fridge! Still some little things id like to clarify

Ryvita 1pp ?
    chocolate Philadelphia 3pp per small tub
    Tomato paste is it 0pp?

Also anyone got good tips pp wise for Chinese food have a birthday dinner Saturday nite?

Thanks guys and good luck to anyone who is weighing in!

Here you go pet lots of takeaway stuff that is pointed on this ;)http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.ie/

Thanks for the help sharshar ill have a look on the blog, i do remember referring to that before in my previous bouts in weight watchers!

Time an weight loss really get to me but if iv learnt anything as most of you have experienced there's no quick fix even at goal ya have to be persistent and work at it! This time around im just going to ensure im sticking to the plan and enjoying it.. That's what going to keep me focused and in the zone (as i call it)

Have a great weekend everyone x

• Advertisement

You too Shelly Im so determined this time Im even frightening myself I just hope I can keep it up so looking forward to my wine on Saturday night :);)

Me too ;-) also does anyone know if sweetener is still 0pp.. for coffee mainly i know not ideal but i like the little sweet kick?

Thanks in advance :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 BMSF

Does anyone know how many points weetabix is with water. I know it's 3 points for 2 biscuits and skimmed milk, but I find milk hard to take!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

BMSF wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many points weetabix is with water. I know it's 3 points for 2 biscuits and skimmed milk, but I find milk hard to take!

Im not to sure if you are referring to the old points or new propoints. 2 weetabix without milk is 3propoints - so you would add nothing for the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Morning all,

Great activity on here at the moment, brilliant to see.

Down 1 pound last night. Woop woop.

Funny thing is, if I had tracked well and actually eaten within my points, I'd have lost more. But I didn't track but I kept a close eye on my points (avg 31 a day) & I'm happy with my loss.

Anyhow, going to track properly (treats in red) and properly PLAN! I've pin pointed weekend lunches as a downfall, I made my lunch for work today and have tomorrow's ready too.

13 weeks until my birthday. I will lose this weight.

GOOD LUCK everyone

Quick question, I was reading through some WW stuff and saw something about a milk allowance? Is this included in your daily points or is it separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

I don't know Eabha, I've been pointing milk but I rarely drink any, just with my Weetabix really. I vaguely remember something about my leader telling us that we could just factor in 2 points everyday for the milk we use and then just forgetting about it. I could be wrong with the 2pp, could have been more. Just didn't apply to me so I didn't really listen.

So, I went off the wagon. Went on a long weekend away with my friends and it was just carnage. Pints a few times a day, fried doughnuts off the street, belgian waffles on every corner, and eating with a large group. I just found it so hard to be able to keep up the diet when in a group. I'm paranoid about people finding out I think, I have that feeling like I'm a fat blob in disguise and if I make a big deal about what I eat, others will notice and realise I'm fat.....crazy logic I guess!

When I came home I had put up major weight, noticed it in my clothes, noticed it in my face, the works. Was too fed up to go back to WW. I've been losing weight very slowly, a 1lb or so a week really, and it annoyed me that I was almost back to the beginning again. Couldn't face going back, so I stayed away for 2 weeks. Didn't point, ate like a slob, back on the pizza's and whatever else my boyfriend was eating.

What saved me I think was minding a friends pooch for a few days, having to walk her everyday reminded me how I like being active and how much better I felt when I was eating right. Made it back to class on Wednesday and thank God I'm down 2lbs. I think it showed me that I really don't lose weight when I'm not active, even when I stick to the diet well.

It's hard to realise how far you've come sometimes when you're off the wagon. How much better you feel, confident, sexy when you're in the right direction of weight loss. It's caught my attention how quickly I fell back into bad habits, but I did realise how much more 'me' and relaxed I was when I was a few pounds down. Not having to worry about looking like a heifer, or my clothes bunching around my stomach, or covering over my stomach with my coat when I sit down in the pub, walking about in my running gear and not worrying about the overhang!! Just have to try remember all those things and those feelings and go hell for leather to shift this last stone!

kg703 wrote: »
    I lost 3 pounds this week :) That's 16.5 pounds in 8 weeks - I'm delighted and I only have 3 weeks left of my challenge. I think I might join after it's finished to try and get down to my 25 BMI which I am currently 13 pounds off :)

16.5 pounds in 8 weeks is fantastic....I've lost 17lb since I re-joined - but that was last September! Are you sticking to your propoints everyday & do you use your weeklies? I just can't get the hang of controlling my weekends. This weekend I'm going to be really strict with points and alcohol. I feel that I'm depriving myself if I don't go out at the weekend or have a few drinks & lovely food :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I am down 4 lbs today! I am actually in shock. I don't know how. I didn't do 2/500 this week and I had a chocolate binge at the weekend. 2 mini goals ticked! Back in 11s and pleateau broken. 24lbs to goal. Over 10lbs lost since my restart 7 weeks ago. I finally feel like I am making headway and that goal is possible. I am actually more motivated to have a good, binge free weekend. Please write that managing the weekend blog soon!

Dances off into the sunshine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 GraceKWW

Hi everyone I joined WW this week and am wondering which way are you approaching the WW options? like do you count yourself? or do you follow the meal plan? Im following the Meal Plan and athough it is tough! Im really trying hard,, Addicted to the fruit salad I make and here is a little tip for you all...A little sprinkle of walnuts over the salad is amazing really takes the bore out of it. anyways....do you think following the meal plans to a T will work for me? G

Advertisement