Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

GraceKWW wrote: »
    Hi everyone I joined WW this week and am wondering which way are you approaching the WW options? like do you count yourself? or do you follow the meal plan? Im following the Meal Plan and athough it is tough! Im really trying hard,, Addicted to the fruit salad I make and here is a little tip for you all...A little sprinkle of walnuts over the salad is amazing really takes the bore out of it. anyways....do you think following the meal plans to a T will work for me? G

Following the meal plan will work very well as they are all pointed perfectly. I find though that I need the flexibility to have my own stuff and cook what I want. I might be in the humour of chicken and rice one day and then I could be in the mood for a homemade burger the next, so I prefere to just point and eat my own choices.

It's all up to personal preferences :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GraceKWW

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Following the meal plan will work very well as they are all pointed perfectly. I find though that I need the flexibility to have my own stuff and cook what I want. I might be in the humour of chicken and rice one day and then I could be in the mood for a homemade burger the next, so I prefere to just point and eat my own choices.

It's all up to personal preferences :-)

Thats what I love about the meal plan things are different each day I had the creamy chicken curry last night and it was delish..Only problem Im having today is it is Chinese night for the family and am Wondering what is my best option there I have 45Weekly pp left :P

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

What's the 2/500 everyone keeps referring to?.. Its been a while :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Quick question, I was reading through some WW stuff and saw something about a milk allowance? Is this included in your daily points or is it separate?

If I remember correctly, it's suppose to be included in your daily allowance. So if you have milk in your breakfast (cereal/porridge) and drink a few cups of tea/coffee throughout the day and are on 26PP per day, they recommend keeping 3PP for milk and eating 23PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

GraceKWW wrote: »
    Thats what I love about the meal plan things are different each day I had the creamy chicken curry last night and it was delish..Only problem Im having today is it is Chinese night for the family and am Wondering what is my best option there I have 45Weekly pp left :P

I've made the chicken curry too & it is lovely alright! When I've gotten anything over the last few weeks I've gone for yuk sung. Really tasty & no rice! Or else if you want something, skip the rice in the order & make yourself some brown rice at home to go with your order. Try and eat only half the portion & offer to share it with someone else in the family!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

Intervention please!

I'm working at a conference, have a lovely big salad in my bag but all I can smell is the lovely soup they're dishing up everyone for lunch.... Oh and the lovely bread rolls coated in butter..... and the jammy dodgers lying around the place...

Argh....

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

Intervention please!

I'm working at a conference, have a lovely big salad in my bag but all I can smell is the lovely soup they're dishing up everyone for lunch.... Oh and the lovely bread rolls coated in butter..... and the jammy dodgers lying around the place...

Argh....

point the soup and bread and butter in your head. how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GraceKWW

misschoo wrote: »
    I've made the chicken curry too & it is lovely alright! When I've gotten anything over the last few weeks I've gone for yuk sung. Really tasty & no rice! Or else if you want something, skip the rice in the order & make yourself some brown rice at home to go with your order. Try and eat only half the portion & offer to share it with someone else in the family!

I split it over 2 days :D I had chow mein cause that is lighter than the rest so Im happy that I could resist the second half:eek: of the chow mein but there ya go I did it :D My boyfriend is giving me very good support :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Anyone know how many points in a cadburys mini roll?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone know how many points in a cadburys mini roll?

They're 3pp as far as I'm aware. :-)

• Advertisement

lockie1983 wrote: »
    They're 3pp as far as I'm aware. :-)

Thanks! Glad I only INHALED 2! I could've eaten the whole box! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey guys

Posted this on the Facebook page too. Does anybody have any idea how many PPs would be in a Berry Cooler from Costa?

Hey guys

Posted this on the Facebook page too. Does anybody have any idea how many PPs would be in a Berry Cooler from Costa?

Work it out from here; http://www.costa.co.uk/media/15595/Costa%20Drinks%20Nutrition%20Nov-Dec%202011.pdf

Small: 7pp
    Medium. 9pp
    Large: 11pp

Most places have all the nutritional info online which make it very easy to work out the points value yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Thanks for the support and encouragement in previous messages :) 2 days in and so far so good! Its hard though!

Can somebody help me work out my daily allowance please

28 year old female
    5ft 1
    148 lbs

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Work it out from here; http://www.costa.co.uk/media/15595/Costa%20Drinks%20Nutrition%20Nov-Dec%202011.pdf

Small: 7pp
    Medium. 9pp
    Large: 11pp

Most places have all the nutritional info online which make it very easy to work out the points value yourself.

Thank you so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

intouch44 wrote: »
    Thanks for the support and encouragement in previous messages :) 2 days in and so far so good! Its hard though!

28 year old female
    5ft 1
    148 lbs

26 I think!

intouch44 wrote: »

28 year old female
    5ft 1
    148 lbs

According to my WW calculator you are on 29pp per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello all hope the weekends is going good!

I had a big night last nite food out in a Chinese and then drinks but iv wrote down everything iv eaten an drank to pp now hopefully not too much damage done! No hangover so yay! Just mad myself an egg white omelettes with loads veg an bit cheese an it was gorgeous! My first weigh in tomorrow nite so hopefully ill see a loss!

Hopefully you are all have a ww friendly weekend ;) Enjoy the sun back home its gone so cold in Melbourne x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I am so proud of myself. Yesterday I had one of those days were you pick at every bit of food in sight. I was out last night for a few drinks so I just decided to write the day off. When I came in this morning, I pointed everything I ate and drank and turns out I did not do too much damage and I only used a few of my weeklies. I think WW has finally entered my subconscious :D

intouch44 you are on 26 points.

Had a bit of a bad day yesterday. Going to do my best to point it later and I'll track everything today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 sharshar68

Its 29 thats the minimum number of points that anyone can be on as far as I know, and 49 weeklies :)

Had a bit of a bad day yesterday. Going to do my best to point it later and I'll track everything today.

You have been doing so well so don't let it get you down :)

sharshar68 wrote: »
    Its 29 thats the minimum number of points that anyone can be on as far as I know, and 49 weeklies :)

The minimum is now 26. They changed it a while back.

Eabhabear - Thanks so much. Trying not to let it get me down. I think the problem is that I'm getting bored with what I'm eating so I'm on the WW site and Facebook page looking for different things to try. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

What's the 2/500 everyone keeps referring to?.. Its been a while :-)

This thread should give you more info.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056883490

Its basically 2 non-consecutive fasting days where you eat a max of 500 cals and then the other 5 days you eat as normal.
    I haven't tried it but i am planning to!:)

Eabhabear - Thanks so much. Trying not to let it get me down. I think the problem is that I'm getting bored with what I'm eating so I'm on the WW site and Facebook page looking for different things to try. :)

You should try the BBC recipe website. There are some great recipes there that are quick and easy to prepare. You can just adjust the recipe to make it more WW friendly.

Oh thank you, I'm going to look there now :D

This thread should give you more info.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056883490

Its basically 2 non-consecutive fasting days where you eat a max of 500 cals and then the other 5 days you eat as normal.
    I haven't tried it but i am planning to!:)

Doesn't that go against the whole concept though? Not sure starving yourself with 500 cals a day just to see a loss on the scales in weigh in day is a very good idea? I could be wrong but it just doesnt sound right to me? :)

Now, are these famous butternut squash chips 0 points AND do I earn activity points for the sheer effing effort I cutting up an peeling the yoke?!?!?! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Oh deary deary me!! Went to TGI Fridays for dinner yesterday! I decided to go for a burger, without cheese or and type of sauce! 55pro points for this burger!!

I cannot believe this, I really cannot fathom how there are that many points in the burger!!!

I'll be doing a LOT of damage control between now and Monday and hoping for an STS!!!!!

Doesn't that go against the whole concept though? Not sure starving yourself with 500 cals a day just to see a loss on the scales in weigh in day is a very good idea? I could be wrong but it just doesnt sound right to me? :)

Now, are these famous butternut squash chips 0 points AND do I earn activity points for the sheer effing effort I cutting up an peeling the yoke?!?!?! ;):D

It's not really starving yourself though. It is a separate diet from WW. It is based on the eating patterns of of ancestors. They would have eaten the bear minimum in between hunts and then feasted on hunt days. It is proven to work and has a lot of benefits to it. The idea is you eat 500 calories for 2 non-consecutive days and then eat at maintenance for the other 5 which is roughly 2,000 calories for a woman. So after a week you would have a calorie deficit of about 3,000 which should see you with a 1lb loss. People who do it on WW, do it after a particularly bad day/weekend or do it to break a plateau or to help boost their metabolism.

• Advertisement

They are 0 ppts and yummy!! I made a vid on my channel a while back about them.

http://youtu.be/c3jjmWgtnKU

I had a homemade chicken burger yesterday with actifry chips and butternut squash chips. All for 13ppts! Was yummy!!!

Advertisement