Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Eabhabear wrote: »
    It's not really starving yourself though. It is a separate diet from WW. It is based on the eating patterns of of ancestors. They would have eaten the bear minimum in between hunts and then feasted on hunt days. It is proven to work and has a lot of benefits to it. The idea is you eat 500 calories for 2 non-consecutive days and then eat at maintenance for the other 5 which is roughly 2,000 calories for a woman. So after a week you would have a calorie deficit of about 3,000 which should see you with a 1lb loss. People who do it on WW, do it after a particularly bad day/weekend or do it to break a plateau or to help boost their metabolism.

To be fair though, the reason it worked for hunter gatherers is because they would have been much more active than us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Jwacqui wrote: »
    They are 0 ppts and yummy!! I made a vid on my channel a while back about them.

http://youtu.be/c3jjmWgtnKU

I had a homemade chicken burger yesterday with actifry chips and butternut squash chips. All for 13ppts! Was yummy!!!

I got a tip from my ww leader on Facebook there, pop it in microwave few mins before peeling and apparently it peels like a dream!

I'd say you would have to cut it first though, I can't see a whole bns being out in zapper culminating in anything other than explosion of seeds and flesh from the microwave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I got a tip from my ww leader on Facebook there, pop it in microwave few mins before peeling and apparently it peels like a dream!

I'd say you would have to cut it first though, I can't see a whole bns being out in zapper culminating in anything other than explosion of seeds and flesh from the microwave!

I normally microwave it and I've never had a butternut squash explode. Only put it in for a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

To be fair though, the reason it worked for hunter gatherers is because they would have been much more active than us :)

Hey guys, thanks for the info on 2/500,
    yeah doesn't seem to blend in to the whole weight watchers way of life but i guess it will help people if the over indulge, still though they shouldn't have to do it on a regular basis which would defeat the whole purpose i guess,

cant find the pp for sweetener anywhere? it used to be free anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Hey guys, thanks for the info on 2/500,
    yeah doesn't seem to blend in to the whole weight watchers way of life but i guess it will help people if the over indulge, still though they shouldn't have to do it on a regular basis which would defeat the whole purpose i guess,

cant find the pp for sweetener anywhere? it used to be free anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance x

It's still free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭kg703

Have to say Shelleybelley I agree about the 500 thing if I ate that little in a day I know it would lead to gorging and honestly it wouldn't boost my metabolism at all. The less I eat the more tired I get and there would be no way Id hit the gym or go for a run. I'd probably collapse! I'm sure it works for some but I've seen my friends try and they always tell themselves they are having a 500 day and will defo go over it but still think they have had it!

I just discovered pancakes are reasonable on WW. My lunch yesterday was 2 of the store bought pancakes(the fairly big ones!) which was 7 points and then stuffed them full of strawberries blackberries and raspberries. Oh yeah :)

Went out for a meal though on Saturday. I lost count after 50 odd points. Eep.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

ck83 wrote: »
    It's still free!

Thanks for that! ;)

Yay week one weigh in down 2.2kg (doing ww in Aus)- Think that's about 4lb! Absolutely delighted not much exercise but been good even pointing all the not so great stuff! Its all about the planning :) Wooo!

Hope you all have a great Monday :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks for that! ;)

Yay week one weigh in down 2.2kg (doing ww in Aus)- Think that's about 4lb! Absolutely delighted not much exercise but been good even pointing all the not so great stuff! Its all about the planning :) Wooo!

Hope you all have a great Monday :)

Well done Shellybelly that's a fantastic loss! You're so right planning and tracking is the way to go!

We plan our meals and track everything the night before for the next day so we know how many pps are gone on our 3 meals and how many ppts we have left for snacks/treats.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Well my great plans for staying in and pointing everything for the weekend didn't work...Up 1lb on my home scales this morning, really got to behave for WI tomorrow evening & pray for a STS.

I'm a disaster :-(

Well a really good week so far. Pointed everyday perfectly! As lockie says we plan every meal for the week then do a shop. Every night we point the next day so we are very prepared.
    Have loved every meal and have had room for a small treat each day aswell!! Fingers crossed weigh in is good! We're going a day early because we have a confirmation in lockies family to head to down to Tipp tomo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Ah here we go again another weekend disaster, sts last thursday which i was disappointed with and the smart thing would be to stick to it really good this week and see the results next thursday, but no completely lost the run of myself over the weekend and now have 3 days to try and make up for it and hopefully get a sts on thursday. worst thing is im going for a long overdue night away with my hubby friday night which i plan on eating out and not having to think about ww. Why do i do these silly things :( Im never going to get to goal if i dont just cop on!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Going back again tonight after a month missing and two months of only going every second week :( Very hard to stay motivated. Dreading the WI later because I had lost a stone in the first month and I wouldn't be surprised if it's back.

Better to face the music than quit though right?!

CavanGal, after a disaster of a weekend was just looking at this 2/500 thing 500 is very little calories would you mind giving me a sample of what you eat on one of these days or anybody else who does it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Going back again tonight after a month missing and two months of only going every second week :( Very hard to stay motivated. Dreading the WI later because I had lost a stone in the first month and I wouldn't be surprised if it's back.

Much better to face the music, it will motivate you and focus you if you go back and keep going, the ww leaders are lovely and will only motivate you to do well, remember nobody judges here or at ww, we're all in the same boat.

Keep going and you will lose what ever you put back on in no time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Ah here we go again another weekend disaster, sts last thursday which i was disappointed with and the smart thing would be to stick to it really good this week and see the results next thursday, but no completely lost the run of myself over the weekend and now have 3 days to try and make up for it and hopefully get a sts on thursday. worst thing is im going for a long overdue night away with my hubby friday night which i plan on eating out and not having to think about ww. Why do i do these silly things :( Im never going to get to goal if i dont just cop on!!!

It can be so hard to get back on track after a disappointing weigh in. Its all very easy to say draw a line under it and move on, but when faced with temptations and feeling down about weight the reality is often so much harder. Try not to kill yourself over the next few days. Get yourself back on track but do it in a realistic way - in a way you can carry on instead of trying to take back damage that is already done. Expect the worst at weigh in, much easier to deal with when you know its coming. Sit down and make a plan for next week in advance. Know what you will be eating and what you want.

Enjoy your dinner out with your hubby, and you dont have to think of WW per say - but also dont look at it as a night off so you have the get the highest pointed thing on the menu because you arent counting. Try to make wise decisions - i found that the healthier options were often the tastier ones. Where before i would have automatically gone for a creamy sauce/deep fried side and the chocolaty-est dessert on the menu, with cream and ice cream because well it was a treat. Now I look at everything and make my choice not only based on propoints but what actually sounded nicest. Of course enjoy your wine, food and your night - but write off your weeklies after and get back to the plan you made after weigh in. Best of luck with it hun xx

Absolutely better to face the music - the longer you put it off the worse it will be! Good luck with it!!

thanks Tiny motivational as always, and very true i would have to have the boldest things on the menu to feel like i was really having a good time but you are right Ill have a proper look at the menu and think a bit more. Thanks again and i do have from now till the weekend to be very good am going to try up the activity, going for a 5k run this evening even thought i feel wrecked but ill feel better after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Hi everyone, first time poster, go easy on me!! Just started doing ww again on friday, doing it at home on my own. Have all the books from last time i joined. I am 5ft 2 and weighed a scary 13st 12lb on fri morn. Hopefully a bit less next fri! Would love to get to 9st 6lb by april next year. Please tell me i can do it :-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

CavanGal, after a disaster of a weekend was just looking at this 2/500 thing 500 is very little calories would you mind giving me a sample of what you eat on one of these days or anybody else who does it?

Tryagain, I usually have porridge (150cals), veg soup(60 cals) and fruit (mandarines, plums are 30cals) and more soup or some salad (spinach, cherry tomatoes, beetroot and a triangle of laughing cow extra light or something along those lines.) Think 0pp foods that are filling. Some people eat nothing all day and have a good dinner but I personally couldn't do that as I am a big breakfast person. Tea (fruit or normal with slim milk) and water esp sparkling are lifesavers. Even Diet Coke can help make you feel fuller but obviously isnt as good for you. There is a thread in this forum and one in the Ladies Lounge discussing 2/500.

I completely see what people mean when they say it wouldn't suit them or they wouldn't do it with WW. Everyone is different and there is no one way to diet. For me personally, I do find it helps to do a 500 day after a bad weekend. Obviously, it helps with WI but also I feel like it purges my body and gets rid of that sluggish feeling after a weekend of alcohol and bad choices. It gets everything moving correctly again. I also have big issues with food and self-control and I think I am getting better at controlling what I put in my mouth. I definitely don't find I binge on my non 500 days. If anything I eat better and I am more aware of how little food I need to survive whereas before, I would say Oh I need a sandwich, soup and a bar for lunch with a massive dinner and a packet of bars in the evening. It has helped with my cravings too as I don't eat chocolate on 500 days (my biggest weakness). I actually look forward to a yummy bowl of porridge with raisins or a banana or honey on my non 500 days! I dont do 500 every week, just when I feel I need it but I can see myself doing it even when I reach goal due to its other effects and links to health. Like I said though, everyone's different and each to their own.

I was fairly good this weekend. I went out for a few Friday and had WW toast and LF cheese when I got home. Didn't move much Saturday but had a homemade dinner and didnt do too badly on the snacks. Yesterday, I did my weekly Aldi shop (never bringing OH again as he's like a child in Aldi's sweet aisle). I made creamy chicken pie (cant remember where I got the recipe - someone's blog) and topped it with Niptuck's loaded mashed potatoes. Yum! Both my brother and OH wolfed it down. I was a bit naughty with the Aldi chocs yesterday evening but still within my weeklies. Back on it properly today.

As I said last week, someone please do a WW weekend survival guide!

I cannot wait to have my dinner! What's on everyone's menu for tonight? I tend to rotate between the same 10 meals, be interesting to hear what others have.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Guys, it is so great to see this place so busy and everyone doing so well. You are all inspirational.

I am really struggling with the last few lbs to goal. Really struggling. I am just 1.5lbs from goal and have been for about two months now. I know, I know, I'm like a broken fecking record and I feel like I know what needs to be done but won't do it! I've just had another horrendous weekend, including a Burger King on Saturday, bottles upon bottles of beer and creamy garlic potatoes yesterday! Very disappointed in myself, and I know I only have myself to blame for my stagnating weight. I just want my gold card and to move on to maintenance, I'm really tired on paying that tenner every week! Any words of wisdom, I could really, really do with a boost.

In slightly more positive news, I tried a new thing with the porridge last night. I always find the 30g portion a little too small. Someone suggested this. I made it last night with 1.5 times the usual amount of liquid (so 30g oats with 180ml skimmed milk and 90ml water - about). When it cooked, it was still very watery. Then I put it in the fridge overnight and heated it this morning. Lo and behold, HUGE porridge. A bigger bowl and much more satisfying. Need to be very organised of course, but well worth it with a pink lady apple and a black coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Years ago i lost over 3 st and was only 3lb from goal. Think i was somewhow scared to get there, as if i wouldn't be able to stay there and would be a failure. Ended up putting all the weight on again and more. Maybe you should try the 500 cal diet i've been reading about for a week or so, just as a kickstart, i really hope you get to target, need to read some more motivational posts about people getting to target. I've never been the weight i want to be, but when i look back now i'd be very happy if i was at that weight 3lb from goal i once was, if you get whay i mean. Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I made butternut squash chips tonight and they were lovely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sharshar68

Hey guys I am on 29 points doing this from home on my own should I be on 29 or 26 this is my second week, Im 44 5ft nothing! and 10st 11?? Thanks

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I cannot wait to have my dinner! What's on everyone's menu for tonight? I tend to rotate between the same 10 meals, be interesting to hear what others have.
    Hi Jwacqui, today I made spicy butternut and carrot soup for pp value of 1, yummie! then for dinner I had chilli I washed the mince after cooking in boiling water to get all fat off, then used loads of veg and tin tomatoes and lots of fresh chilli, deeeeeeelicious with a baked potatoe. I also made granola which is gorgeous and only 4 pp points, delicious with yogurt for 6 pp altogether :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just back from combat aerobics and i have never sweated so much in my life. I thought i was going in for a bootcamp but I am glad for the cardio workout - was a bit worried about a weight heavy workout the night before weigh in tomorrow. Combat aerobics was great fun too!!

Also in the door and my lovely OH is cooking me a healthy steak dinner with actify chips, carrot puree and green beans - just want I need now to replenish me. Quietly optimistic about weigh in tomorrow!!

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, first time poster, go easy on me!! Just started doing ww again on friday, doing it at home on my own. Have all the books from last time i joined. I am 5ft 2 and weighed a scary 13st 12lb on fri morn. Hopefully a bit less next fri! Would love to get to 9st 6lb by april next year. Please tell me i can do it :-).
    Curly sue Im doing this from home too. We can egg each other on, I find it so difficult to lose weight because Ive been on anti depressants for years! but its slowly starting to come off with lots of exercise (which is also great for depression thankfully) and the pointing. We will get there, not overnight but we will do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Curly Sue - I feel much better knowing that someone else had the same challenge - and I really do want to keep the weight off and maintain! I think I'm going to go for a hunt on the weight watchers websites and read some of the positive accounts. I'm going on holidays in a month and I'd love to get to my goal by then (even though 1.5lbs wont make any real difference, I will know that I'm there, if that makes sense). I don't think that the 5/2 is for me - I have chronic anaemia and low blood pressure and, um, have been known to faint if I don't eat :-). I think that eating sensibly and regularly will have to be the way I go about it. Congratulations to you on getting back on the wagon - they say that even if we don't quite manage something the first time, the lessons learned make it much easier the next time. Capitalise on your strengths and use all the support you can get. Looking forward to hearing about all your successes!

In better news, I'm hitting week 4, day 3 of the C25k tomorrow morning - LOVING it and particularly loving being 'a runner'. I'm signed up to my first ever 5k in June and I can't WAIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I just had a gorgeous dinner; roasted veg sprinkled with olive oil, lean beef and a poached egg and all for only 10 points. You really cannot beat using real oil. The difference it makes to the flavour.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I just had a gorgeous dinner; roasted veg sprinkled with olive oil, lean beef and a poached egg and all for only 10 points. You really cannot beat using real oil. The difference it makes to the flavour.

Hi Eabhabear do you know how many points a day I should be on thanks :)

• Advertisement

My mouth is salivating at all your yummy foods! Dinner is in the oven. Not long back from a walk and starving! Cannot wait for dinner!!!

Here's the recipe for what I'm having.

Advertisement