Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

sharshar68 wrote: »
    Hi Eabhabear do you know how many points a day I should be on thanks :)

Yep you should be on 26 points :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Yummy dinner! Nice and full now!
    10 propoints! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sharshar68

Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Curly Sue - I feel much better knowing that someone else had the same challenge - and I really do want to keep the weight off and maintain! I think I'm going to go for a hunt on the weight watchers websites and read some of the positive accounts. I'm going on holidays in a month and I'd love to get to my goal by then (even though 1.5lbs wont make any real difference, I will know that I'm there, if that makes sense). I don't think that the 5/2 is for me - I have chronic anaemia and low blood pressure and, um, have been known to faint if I don't eat :-). I think that eating sensibly and regularly will have to be the way I go about it. Congratulations to you on getting back on the wagon - they say that even if we don't quite manage something the first time, the lessons learned make it much easier the next time. Capitalise on your strengths and use all the support you can get. Looking forward to hearing about all your successes!

I know people are probably sick of me citing myself :o
    But I know I liked to read successful stories when I was getting to goal.

I will be three years more or less at goal come June having lost 6stone. I've been within a stone of goal since, but no higher and am currently back, bang on goal.

I don't follow the ww programme anymore, for various reasons, but the sense of food awareness I gained there has put me in good stead to keep it off. Don't get me wrong, I still have to be very aware of my food and it is now just part of my life to eat healthily and exercise but it can be done! After awhile it becomes part of your life, and not just a class once a week x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

sharshar68 wrote: »
    Curly sue Im doing this from home too. We can egg each other on, I find it so difficult to lose weight because Ive been on anti depressants for years! but its slowly starting to come off with lots of exercise (which is also great for depression thankfully) and the pointing. We will get there, not overnight but we will do it :)

Hi sharshar i know this is going to take me a while, but just so fed up feeling like this. This has to be my time to do it, and get fit and healthy, not to mention look a whole lot better:). Have big family wedding next easter so that is my aim. Far enough away to make a big difference. I hope. When do you weigh? I weigh in on fri morn. can't wait to see good loss on first week to help kick start this long journey to goal.good luck.

• Advertisement

Last time i was at ww i was on 29 pp with the 49 weekly. Does anyone know what i should be on now? 5ft 2 and 13 st 12lb. Thanks

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Last time i was at ww i was on 29 pp with the 49 weekly. Does anyone know what i should be on now? 5ft 2 and 13 st 12lb. Thanks

30 points :)

Also people doing it from home, don't forget as you lose the weight your point allowance will drop. Make sure you check back in every week or so to check your allowance :)

Thanks Eabhabear. You sound like you've a great wealth of knowledge, i'm sure i'll learn a lot from you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Wow everyone is buzzing here today! Great to read first thing in the morning!

To those of you not so impressed- i know how bad i used to feel when i had a good week an it didn't show on the scales the next few days turned into a nightmare but as much as you think damage limitation will help there is only so much you can do.. One word of advice do not miss your next meeting its daunting but its worth it an yeah expect the worst you might be pleasantly surprised!

Hoping to get to the gym today after work get my bum back moving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Hi all,

I have been out of circulation with regards to WW for a couple of months...
    I had been doing really well, had loast nearly a stone, went up and down a bit over christmas and the went to las Vegas in February!!!
    That was a major blip in the road.... in fact came off the road entirely!

So i have put back on the weight I have lost, and now need to lose 2 stone again....

Started yesterday, I am doing it from home, and i am determined to incorporate excercise this time, coz i feel with excercise you definately lose more weight and that then spurs you on to lose more and not fall off the road..

So on that note, I am drinking my water like i am dying of thirst - going to the loo every 30 mins, they'll all think I'm pregnant at work, haha!

Went for a great walk last night, 5K, downloaded an app which i found good, whihc was "MapMyWalk" - which told me my pace and estimated how many calories i was burning - not sure how accurate it is, but still a good motivator.

So wish me good luck, for WW mark 3!

• Advertisement

Lormuz. Good luck, 3rd time lucky as they say!, would love to be 2stone from goal. I have 4st 6lb to lose to get to target. We may just take it one week at a time. Going to do it this time. About time i got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Great to hear so much motivation this morning really what i need, im sick of listening to myself wingeing about being so close to goal. But was having a chat yesterday and its not that the programme changes when you get close it is obviously just my attitude that changed so all i have to do is do the programme and i will get to goal SIMPLE.

Ran 6.9k last night nearly killed me and my knees are in agony today but felt great after it (mentally, physically not so much ha ha)

Best of luck to everyone on your wi this week

Randomly walked an hour home from work - feels good to know t hat I can do that :D Starving for my dinner salmon and veggies nom :)

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just out of my second weigh in (lockie1983 here) myself and Jwacqui went, I lost 3lbs bringing me to 5lbs down in two weeks! :D

Jwacqui lost 1.5 this week. I'm delighted but if it wasn't for all of jwacquis support and beautiful cooking I wouldn't be doing so well.

I'm very lucky to have such a beautiful and talented girlfriend! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Eabhabear, I am afraid to ask but should I now be on 27pp? How do you work it out? I saw a calculation online which says 2 for f, 4 for age (26), 4 for activity(moderately), 1 for height(5"5), and 10% of weight (now 164lbs :) ) Am I down a pp? Sob! I don't know if I can handle that!

Sharshar, how do you make granola? It would be great for summer when its too warm for porridge. Can you post the recipe?

I had homemade meatballs from a recipe for mozerella meatballs but OH was cooking and didn't put in the mozzerella. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I had 18pp left so decided to have pasta and afterwards realised that between the pasta, 6 meatballs and sauce, Id used my 18pp so would have been over by 2pp if there'd be mozzerella in the meatballs. Although if I am now down to 27pp, I was over by a pp anyway! The meatballs were delicious - so moist and tasty. We bought pasta in Aldi at the weekend and it is 10pp per 100g!! Anyone know of a lower pp pasta? Also where can Oodles of Noodles be bought? I've read they are really low in pp.

I am going to make the turkey and bacon pie from the Woman's Way special tonight. Fingers crossed it turns out ok. I have to say I love cooking these days. Some weeks (like last week) I am just too busy to make a great effort but I try to do something quick and tasty (my OH is now on WW unbeknownst to himself!). This week I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible and make some loveliness.

Does anyone have any beef or fish recipes as I seem to make a lot of chicken and turkey and I don't want to get bored.

It's great to see this place so busy. Here's to a brilliant week!

Thanks Eabhabear. You sound like you've a great wealth of knowledge, i'm sure i'll learn a lot from you. :)

I just realised I never took into account your age. I need your age to calculate your points. When I did it originally it had my age entered in automatically, sorry.

CavanGal yep you are on 27! I use an app on my phone.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I just realised I never took into account your age. I need your age to calculate your points. When I did it originally it had my age entered in automatically, sorry.

Good morning. I'm 36 years young:)

Eabhabear wrote: »

Good morning. I'm 36 years young:)

My apologies but you are actually on 28 points. Sorry about that!

Thanks for that. I'm trying not to go over 30 pp a day, which should be ok with weekly pp. See how it goes on fri morn.

Cavangal, I made granola last weekend and it was lovely. Just made a small amount and had it with strawberries, blueberries and natural yogurt have to say it was yum
    30g oats, 1/2 tsb of seseme seeds, 1/2 tsb of disiccated coconut, 1/2 small box of raisins, cut up half an apple into very small cubes. I heated two tbls of Maple syrup in a small saucepan and then put all the incredients in to the saucepan to coat them the spread them on a baking tray and put it in the oven, cooked till they looked nice a toasted. depends on how crunching you want them, very tasty i got three portions from this so was good pp wise. Made them up into layers breakfast. In a small glass jar (one of the girls in works buys the expensive yogurt that comes in the jars and i she gives me her empties) first granolla, then yogurt, then chopped strawberries and blueberries then some more yogurt and a topping of granola. Looked and tasted very impressive will post a photo when i make them again was very proud of them haha

• Advertisement

Cavangal, I made granola last weekend and it was lovely. Just made a small amount and had it with strawberries, blueberries and natural yogurt have to say it was yum
    30g oats, 1/2 tsb of seseme seeds, 1/2 tsb of disiccated coconut, 1/2 small box of raisins, cut up half an apple into very small cubes. I heated two tbls of Maple syrup in a small saucepan and then put all the incredients in to the saucepan to coat them the spread them on a baking tray and put it in the oven, cooked till they looked nice a toasted. depends on how crunching you want them, very tasty i got three portions from this so was good pp wise. Made them up into layers breakfast. In a small glass jar (one of the girls in works buys the expensive yogurt that comes in the jars and i she gives me her empties) first granolla, then yogurt, then chopped strawberries and blueberries then some more yogurt and a topping of granola. Looked and tasted very impressive will post a photo when i make them again was very proud of them haha

Sounds lovely normally not into oats or anything like that but iv been trying to get into them for ages for a new breakfast and i think ill try that next week sounds yummy- Thank you :)

Im goin ocd on ww at the min with starting again and double guessing myself, so please can someone assist me- instant coffee, roughly half cup light milk maybe bit less.. giving it 2pp right!?

thanking you lovely people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

CavanGal wrote: »
    Eabhabear, I am afraid to ask but should I now be on 27pp? How do you work it out? I saw a calculation online which says 2 for f, 4 for age (26), 4 for activity(moderately), 1 for height(5"5), and 10% of weight (now 164lbs :) ) Am I down a pp? Sob! I don't know if I can handle that!

Sharshar, how do you make granola? It would be great for summer when its too warm for porridge. Can you post the recipe?

I had homemade meatballs from a recipe for mozerella meatballs but OH was cooking and didn't put in the mozzerella. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I had 18pp left so decided to have pasta and afterwards realised that between the pasta, 6 meatballs and sauce, Id used my 18pp so would have been over by 2pp if there'd be mozzerella in the meatballs. Although if I am now down to 27pp, I was over by a pp anyway! The meatballs were delicious - so moist and tasty. We bought pasta in Aldi at the weekend and it is 10pp per 100g!! Anyone know of a lower pp pasta? Also where can Oodles of Noodles be bought? I've read they are really low in pp.

I am going to make the turkey and bacon pie from the Woman's Way special tonight. Fingers crossed it turns out ok. I have to say I love cooking these days. Some weeks (like last week) I am just too busy to make a great effort but I try to do something quick and tasty (my OH is now on WW unbeknownst to himself!). This week I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible and make some loveliness.

Does anyone have any beef or fish recipes as I seem to make a lot of chicken and turkey and I don't want to get bored.

I found this on the internet to calculate points allowance-
    http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/Daily-Propoints-Target-Calculator.php

Seemed to get the right amount for me.
    :)

[QUOTE= Im goin ocd on ww at the min with starting again and double guessing myself, so please can someone assist me- instant coffee, roughly half cup light milk maybe bit less.. giving it 2pp right!?

thanking you lovely people :)[/QUOTE]

Sound about right with the coffee but maybe just once you should measure the amount of milk and get it right then you can read by the cup the amount to use and then you will know, I normally use 200 mls of skimmed milk for the coffee and top it up with water and i would say thats 2 points not sure of points for light milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Lormuz wrote: »
    I found this on the internet to calculate points allowance-
    http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/Daily-Propoints-Target-Calculator.php

Seemed to get the right amount for me.
    :)

Thanks Lormuz but that doesnt work for me. It's giving me 29pp which I was on when I started WW and the leader dropped me to 28 after I lost some weight. The other calculation I wrote about in my last post seems to be correct at 27.

Tryagain I will try that granola soon. When you say oats do you mean porridge oats or a different kind?

Just went to Cafe Sol for lunch - I snuck in my own sandwich and bought water and a purple snack. My friend had a duck wrap and I pointed it out of interest and it was 9pp! It was tiny! She was shocked too. Eating out for lunch is so hard! Anyone have any recommendations as I am meeting another friend tomorrow in a restaurant and planned to actually eat this time.

CavanGal wrote: »

Hi Cavan Girl heres the recipe it is really good :)http://www.weightwatchers.ie/food/healthy-recipes/recipe-archive/honey-and-seed-granola.html

http://www.weightwatchers.ie/food/healthy-recipes/recipe-archive.html?start=32

lovely recipes on here guys ;)

and ps. I use pesto to put a teaspoon on top of salmon or cod its yummy baked in the oven :) also lovely with some cajun seasoning on top or some low fat aldi philadelphia style cream cheese :)

Hi sharshar i know this is going to take me a while, but just so fed up feeling like this. This has to be my time to do it, and get fit and healthy, not to mention look a whole lot better:). Have big family wedding next easter so that is my aim. Far enough away to make a big difference. I hope. When do you weigh? I weigh in on fri morn. can't wait to see good loss on first week to help kick start this long journey to goal.good luck.

Hi Sue I weigh in tomorrow and Im not feeling hopeful, even though I got into my size 12 jeans yesterday. Im trying not allowing the scale affect my mood, Im on anti dp meds and the weight loss is very slow. But I love the gym and I know if I chip away at it, ill see change. have reduced my meds so we will see ;)

Hi Sharshar.
    Good luck tomorrow, size 12? oh i remember the days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I know people are probably sick of me citing myself :o
    But I know I liked to read successful stories when I was getting to goal.

I will be three years more or less at goal come June having lost 6stone. I've been within a stone of goal since, but no higher and am currently back, bang on goal.

I don't follow the ww programme anymore, for various reasons, but the sense of food awareness I gained there has put me in good stead to keep it off. Don't get me wrong, I still have to be very aware of my food and it is now just part of my life to eat healthily and exercise but it can be done! After awhile it becomes part of your life, and not just a class once a week x

THIS is what I needed to hear. I think that part of my issue is 'am I actually going to have to count points forever I am BORED' part of it. I'm getting really attracted by clean eating and removing all processed food from my diet - I think that weight watchers has been more sustainable for me the more natural food I eat. Perhaps in the long term this is something that would be an option for me.

I did have a look in the general weight loss thread earlier and there's some great support and inspiration there. Really helped - and I've had a healthy day both food and exercise-wise today and yesterday! A bit more positive than Sunday night!

Any other C25k-ers about? I'm heading into the dreaded week 5 on Thurday morning and I'm really nervous! I really admire those who are reporting doing 10k's here - I feel I'll never get there. I heard the Run Fat Bitch Run lady on Ray D.Arcy a we while ago and I'm subscribing to the 'every run is a victory mentality' so that I don't get discouraged with all the fit healthy people leaving me for dust!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

THIS is what I needed to hear. I think that part of my issue is 'am I actually going to have to count points forever I am BORED' part of it. I'm getting really attracted by clean eating and removing all processed food from my diet - I think that weight watchers has been more sustainable for me the more natural food I eat. Perhaps in the long term this is something that would be an option for me.

I did have a look in the general weight loss thread earlier and there's some great support and inspiration there. Really helped - and I've had a healthy day both food and exercise-wise today and yesterday! A bit more positive than Sunday night!

Any other C25k-ers about? I'm heading into the dreaded week 5 on Thurday morning and I'm really nervous! I really admire those who are reporting doing 10k's here - I feel I'll never get there. I heard the Run Fat Bitch Run lady on Ray D.Arcy a we while ago and I'm subscribing to the 'every run is a victory mentality' so that I don't get discouraged with all the fit healthy people leaving me for dust!

I did day one of the c25k on sun, and found if surprisingly manageable. Did it in the gym, coz wouldn't have the confidence yet to run on the road. Would also love if I had more time to make the gym. If I can get there twice a week, ill be doing well, so 5k is prob a lot more than 9wks away!

Advertisement