Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

ck83 - I am absolutely putting myself under no pressure with the C25K - my pace and the only competition is me. I'd say the cars this morning had a great giggle at me huffing and puffing like a rhino up the road, with a beetroot face and a very cranky expression! Thus far all of the days have been ok, but the scary SCARY week 5 is upon me and I'm nervous. But I've decided to abdicate all responsibility to the lady on the phone app and just do what she says. No responsibility on my part. Also, something that the RFBR lady said - every run is a victory, even bad runs, even small runs. Being out there and running (or jogging slower than most people walk in my case) is my own personal victory. Best of luck - glad to find someone else at the same programme - here's to being lean mean running machines in no time!

Weigh in tomorrow and can't make the usual morning session so I'm going to go in the PM - NERVOUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Sound about right with the coffee but maybe just once you should measure the amount of milk and get it right then you can read by the cup the amount to use and then you will know, I normally use 200 mls of skimmed milk for the coffee and top it up with water and i would say thats 2 points not sure of points for light milk.

Thanks for that! Im gonna get a half cup measure that i can use in work! New 2pp was fairly accurate! :) Thank you for the recipe too looking forward to trying it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Well day 3 of renewed journey on WW and going ok so far!

My husband is away for 2 days so i wont get a chance to get out and exercise:( have to mind baby.

So planning on being extra good!
    Going to have an omelette for my dinner - all I have in the fridge is Chicken Tikka and cheese - sounds a bit odd - what do you think?
    How do you point chicken Tikka - do you add extra for the tikka on it? or go by amount of chicken??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Eeek I have my WI tonight and my scales aren't showing much of a loss, if any. I really wanted another 2.5 lbs off so I can get back into the 13's and cross off a mini goal. At this rate I'll take a lb. I looked back on my week and while I was good, I wasn't perfect. I had one of those weeks where my appetite was off. I found myself picking at everything until I forced myself to eat properly because I'd be starving otherwise. My TOTM is due for next week so going to make a big effort to counteract any effect that will have on the scales next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Morning all

I made the WW Turkey and Bacon Pie last night and it was scrummy! My OH loved it and there was enough for tonight too. Only problem is that I can't seem to find the lowfat Jus Roll Pastry. I just now found a tesco brand lighter puff pastry on tesco.ie which is actually 12cals less per 100g so I will use that the next time. It seems to be in the fridge not the freezer if anyone is looking. Anyone know any other LF pastry? Or even a recipe? I also didnt have any white wine to add to the pie but it didn't make any difference to the taste and saved a few pp. I also used Elmlea cream (a cream subsitute) and for the single cream is 150cals per 100g so it lower than Low Fat in other brands. I recommend the pie to anyone!

We have a lunch meeting today so sambos and crisps galore. I will try be good but I have a match after work so I do need to fill up. If I go overboard, I will give OH all the pie and have some BNS chips and asparagus for dinner. Im feeling good and in control again this week. Long may this feeling last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi All,
    I was on here a long time ago when I was doing really well with WW - I lost 3.5 stone. But then life turned upside down for me and I put a lot of it back on. Anyway, I'm back at WW now and doing well over the past 3 weeks - 8 lbs down!
    I always found this thread to be a great support and full of advice and ideas so I hope you don't mind if I pop my head in again for a while.

I have breakfast in work every morning and I'm looking for some inspiration - it's either 2 weetabix or a WW bagel. Getting a bit bored of those now so any interesting suggestions would be welcome!
    Thanks a mill and I hope you're all feeling good! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Bubbaloo

Well done 8lb in 3 weeks, very good. I've just started doing ww again at home, 3rd time. Previous times did well then got slack and put on the weight again. Determined to do it this time.

So hungry today though. Already used 10 pp on weetabix and big glass of oj. Need to make nice 0pp fruit salad to keep me going.

Good luck everyone on their day and anyone with wi today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Was down 2lbs last night and was absolutley delighted. Am now only 2.5lbs above goal which is much more comfortable for me - was scary being so close to losing it last week. Gonna try have a very similar week this week to get back down to my actual goal - only thing I have in my way is book club on friday but going to plan for the bootcamp class the next morning as my reason for being off the vino and treats for the night.

Got an easter egg from work and had decided I had to be back at goal before i was even allowed open it - which I thought would be hard, but its been sitting on my kitchen table and I havent even been tempted to open it. Its ncie to have something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Disaster is the only word to describe me! (Well I could think of a lot more but I’m feeling bad enough as it is!)

I was very good and organised yesterday, had to visit family in hospital so couldn’t go to my WI but said I’d go this evening instead (also thinking this would give me an extra day to push myself before I got on the scales!)

So I go home from the hospital, ate my hairy dieters meatballs dinner which was lovely, went out for a 5k cycle and felt great when I got back. Although I had only 1pp left I said I’d treat myself to a ww bar for 2pp with a cuppa. BUT when I opened the fridge I don’t know what happened to me. I couldn’t stop…I had cheese, grapes & hummus with crackers AND crisps AND a glass of wine, followed by chocolate – not a WW bar but a proper bar with a big mug of coffee. What’s worse is that I didn’t enjoy one single mouthful because I kept telling myself how wrong it was and that I didn’t have the propoints to pig out like this but I just couldn't stop. I know I could take them from my weeklies but I’m going to a wedding on Saturday so needed them for the weekend. The guilt I’m feeling is just awful & I’m just disgusted with myself. Don't want to ww this evening.

PS I checked my daily allowance on that link that someone had posted & it said 29. I think this was correct in the old days coz I’m on 26pp according to my leader.

Natmus wrote: »
    PS I checked my daily allowance on that link that someone had posted & it said 29. I think this was correct in the old days coz I’m on 26pp according to my leader.

Natmus I am not sure if the other link is right as it has me at 29 which I havent been on since I started WW. I think this calculation is correct:

http://www.wikihow.com/Work-out-Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-Allowance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Natmus. You had a bad day, but that's all is was. You don't need to feel guilty and you certainly shouldn't be disgusted with yourself. Try extra hard to stick to your pp today and go to your wi. You are only human, we all have bad days but what's important is what we do for the rest of the week, month and year. Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint.

Be strict for rest of the week and then enjoy yourself on saturday at the wedding. And please give yourself a break over yesterday.

CavanGal wrote: »
    Natmus I am not sure if the other link is right as it has me at 29 which I havent been on since I started WW. I think this calculation is correct:

http://www.wikihow.com/Work-out-Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-Allowance

That link doesnt work either - i worked out mine as 20pp using the formula and 26pp is meant to be the minimum. They seem to be keeping the formula a well kept secret

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Yea Natmus Im with Curlysue on this one we all have those bad days and some of us turn them into bad weeks and skip wi this week and maybe dont go back for a while and a lot more damage is done, BUT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DO THAT, you had a healthy dinner did some exercise and then just had a bit of a breakout. Your back on track today and the most important thing to do is go to WI. Dont be so hard on yourself no of us a 100% all the time thats not normal. Go to WI take what ever comes and start again today simple. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi everyone!

Thank goodness it's Wednesday already!!

I'm finding it so hard to get back on track. I lost my father a month ago and I just cannot seem to get my head 'in the game'! I need to get focused and get back into my walking! I have 7lbs down already and I want to keep going! It's just so hard, during the day I'm fine as I'm in work and I have set eating times but when I get home I really struggle! I'm at a loss as to what to do with myself when I do get home and realise he's not there, and that turns into snacking for some really unknown reason!!

Sorry for the rant but I need to get it all out and get back on track ASAP!

Here's to a great week ww wise! Great weather for exercise =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Delighted with our weigh in yesterday. Went to the confirmation and LoughC's sister in law made a 3 course meal for over 60people!

Homemade soup, ham an turkey dinner and dessert was a mini Oreo cheesecake, trifle, profiterole and one scoop icecream! Was yummy!

Had our treats and a few drinks. We made sure to take dinner out of the freezer and we are just home and about to heat it up. Back on track straight away!! Very proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Hi all

Been on the missing list for a few weeks, was very sick for a while, just finished 2 weeks antibiotics and needless to say got no exercise in and went completely off plan. So went for WI today after 3 wks away and to my utter shock was down 2lbs from my last WI. :D I'm at the stage now where over about the last 6 weeks I'm losing and gaining the same 2lbs. So I dug out my trackers from when I started back in January and I'm going to basically start from the beginning. What's great about that is that I'm 16lbs lighter than what I was back in January so it doesn't feel as daunting to me. Looking back over the trackers, I was eating a lot more fruit and veg which I'm not doing now, and as most of them are free it's a great way to bulk up meals. So back to basics, point and track everything, get back to walking and the results will follow. Good to see that mostly people are feeling positive, we all have bad days and weeks, it doesn't mean that the battle is lost. I'm feeling so positive now, I'm actually looking forward to my WI next week!:D:D

Good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I'm finding it so hard to get back on track. I lost my father a month ago and I just cannot seem to get my head 'in the game'! I need to get focused and get back into my walking! I have 7lbs down already and I want to keep going! It's just so hard, during the day I'm fine as I'm in work and I have set eating times but when I get home I really struggle! I'm at a loss as to what to do with myself when I do get home and realise he's not there, and that turns into snacking for some really unknown reason!!

Hi Cliodhna26,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, no matter the circumstances, your dad is still your dad. Please mind yourself. My leader often says life takes over...this is one of those times. Allow yourself time and please please don't beat yourself up over getting back on track. Most definately don't get swallowed into the black hole but do allow yourself time.

Sending you best wishes and a hug!
    Flowerpower

Down 0.5lb tonight. Not quite what I wanted but a loss is a loss and I said to myself this week that I will take it as slow as necessary. It has motivated me to be extra good this week as I did get a bit slack over the weekend. On a plus side my BMI has dropped into the 31 range so not all bad.

Cliodhna sorry to hear about your father. You need to take it a day at a time and keep yourself busy. Its not going to be easy but you will get there. When you feel like snacking, try going for a walk or to the gym :)

Just posted a new recipe http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/04/garlic-chicken-curry-with-coriander.html

Made it for my friend on saturday night and it went down a treat. For 10pp including the rice its most def worth giving it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Hi Cliodhna,

So so sorry to hear about your dad. The others are right its very soon and you should take all the time you need. Weight watchers can wait. I wish you all the strength to get thru this tough time,

xx

• Advertisement

Down half pound at my weigh-in like you Eabha - well done us! About 1.3lbs to goal now - my leader has PROMISED me she'll get me there for my holiday to Spain at the end of May - the 'get there challenge is ON'!! Week 5 Day 1 of the C25K completed and feeling pretty good about the week ahead!

Well done on your loss MaryFred - it's always nice to have a positive surprise after a few weeks away!!

Tiny I think I'm going to try your recipe with tofu tonight...looks yum.

Cliodhna - I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad - this is such a tough time for you and I think that its best to be really gentle with yourself. I totally hear that you don't want to lose all your hard work either, but you can always return to WW full time when the time is right. Just be very kind to yourself right now. Thinking of you xx

Tiny, how many pp is maintenance? Is everyone on the same or is it individual? I'm a long way off but I'm curious.

This week has gone ok for me. I am nervously optimistic. :) I was going to weigh in this morning as I have a lunch out today (again!) and a night out tonight. Then I decided that I wouldn't drink anyway and I can plan my lunch so I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning as usual. Yesterday, we had a lunch meeting and I have 4 large triangle sambos with lots of fillings and some crisps. I had 19 pp left and decided to write them off to be on the safe side. So OH had all the yummy leftover pie and I had BNS chips and roasted asparagus with herbs and lighter than light mayo for dinner. FYI, it was the Aldi mayo and I have to say its very tasty for lighter than light mayo.

WI tomorrow and my mini mini goal is 2lbs to bring me to 11.8. Next week is my 10% at 11.6 1/2 and the week after is 1.5 stone down at 11.6. It just so happened that my smallest goal landed on the Bank Holiday weekend which is very handy as I have a busy one planned.

Till tomorrow! Onwards and downwards!

CavanGal wrote: »
    Tiny, how many pp is maintenance? Is everyone on the same or is it individual? I'm a long way off but I'm curious.
    !

Its a bit of trial and error really - adding points gradually until you hit a point you are maintaining at. I was going on around 29 but i have been up and down so don't think thats really the sticking point for me. I think they say its anything up to 6pp extra per day and maybe more if you do lots of exercise.

Cavangal - thanks for the Aldi very low fat mayo tip - I love me a big plate of BNS chips in spices with mayo and I can never get enough! I don't really like the Hellman's very very light mayo, so I will have to try that. Sometimes I mix a wee bit of mustard/pesto/harissa/lemon/garlic in for a flavoured mayo...

I really feel like I've finally turned a corner with WW. A few weeks ago I would have gone off the rails after only a 0.5lb loss. Instead last night I didn't even want my post WI treat. This morning I went through my meal plan for the week and made some adjustments to ensure I am bang on points every day. Even though my TOTM is due in a few days, I'm not going to let it demotivate me. I found this article yesterday which is really interesting.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=42321&sc=801

Also I have been looking at changing my breakfast as I always find I'm starving come 10. I've tried having a boiled egg but that didn't help. This week I switched to porridge, 30g. As I am writing this, my stomach is rumbling really loudly in a small room in work. It's really embarrassing. Is normally have breakfast at about 7.30. Does anyone have any tips as its not so much the hunger but more the embarrassment that I'm worried about.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I really feel like I've finally turned a corner with WW. A few weeks ago I would have gone off the rails after only a 0.5lb loss. Instead last night I didn't even want my post WI treat. This morning I went through my meal plan for the week and made some adjustments to ensure I am bang on points every day. Even though my TOTM is due in a few days, I'm not going to let it demotivate me. I found this article yesterday which is really interesting.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=42321&sc=801

Also I have been looking at changing my breakfast as I always find I'm starving come 10. I've tried having a boiled egg but that didn't help. This week I switched to porridge, 30g. As I am writing this, my stomach is rumbling really loudly in a small room in work. It's really embarrassing. Is normally have breakfast at about 7.30. Does anyone have any tips as its not so much the hunger but more the embarrassment that I'm worried about.

Hi Eabhabear. That's great that you didn't go off the rails. I need to do that this week. I am going to take inspiration from you and plan my meals for next week this weekend. I am surprised about the porridge. I bought microwaveable porridge in Aldi at the weekend as it was in 30g sachets and I thought it would show me what 30g of porridge is as usually I guesstimate. Turns out I wasnt far off. I eat banana, cinnamon, raisins, honey or a mixture of the above in my porridge to bulk it up. I also bought a packet of ground up seeds and it adds goodness and cruch to the porridge. I usually have fruit around 10.30 and some days Im starving, others not. Our bodies change daily so dont give up on the porridge yet. I also find tea is great to tide me over.

Can ye tell I'm trying to write a research paper here and trying (and failing!) not the get distracted.

Eabha -
    I've started to make 'fat' porridge and it seems to keep me full for longer. I make it before my run or the night before, and I use 1.5 times as much water. I cook in until the grains are plump but it's still watery. Then I leave it for at least an hour, and it soaks up all the excess, making an enormous bowl of porridge for the same amount of 'stuff'.

I think that you could probably incorporate more protein into your breakfast to keep you going. If you're starving by 10, you're not getting enough. Could you have porridge and a boiled egg? Or some lean bacon? Or make up a lunchbox of fruit salad or chopped up carrots that can keep you going until lunchtime?

When my tummy rumbles, I find a Ryvita a great 1pp option to settle things ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Thank you for your words of encouragement and making me realise that I’m not alone nor a freak!!! I reluctantly went for my WI last night – expected a 2lb increase & would have taken it after my blow out but I was a STS. I couldn’t believe it. I did a 7k run after class (training for the mini marathon) and now feel I’m back on track. Thank you for the kind words and the kick in the ass to make me go and WI!!

Cliodhna sorry to hear about your father. Look after yourself, it’s a tough time for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I was down 2lbs this week and could not believe it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Hello everyone!

Some really good losses and posts there! welcome back intouch44, Im also in Australia living in Melbourne and i do find things alot harder out here iv just started back too so hopefully get get back to losing!

Welcome back jwacqui! i too am just restarting I remember you posting from before and how well you did! amazing! Iv also tried everything from slim world to protein only and it just brings me back to weight watchers every time! Good luck with your new journey too and to the boyfriend :-)

Spent the evening sticking pp value labels to the contents of my presses and fridge! Still some little things id like to clarify

Ryvita 1pp ?
    chocolate Philadelphia 3pp per small tub
    Tomato paste is it 0pp?

Also anyone got good tips pp wise for Chinese food have a birthday dinner Saturday nite?

Thanks guys and good luck to anyone who is weighing in!

Hello!
    Hope it's sunnier there than here!
    2 ryvita=1pp, small tub choc phili=2pp & tomato paste=0pp :-)
    If you can get hot and sour soup to start for chinese it's v loww pp wise. also veg chow mein?

Advertisement