Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAVAGE AXIS .223

Options
  • 17-07-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi
    I am thinking of getting a .223 for foxing , i have a .17 hmr but never shot with anything bigger.I was looking at a combo deal by savage arms of the savage axis with a weaver scope. Has anyone got any views on this rifle,is it threaded for a moderator ? what gun shop could i get a good deal on this rifle. Any info would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

ALAN.N wrote: »
    Hi
    I am thinking of getting a .223 for foxing , i have a .17 hmr but never shot with anything bigger.I was looking at a combo deal by savage arms of the savage axis with a weaver scope. Has anyone got any views on this rifle,is it threaded for a moderator ? what gun shop could i get a good deal on this rifle. Any info would be great.

Was in one of the hunting mags recently.

I'll check it out later.. IIRC they did the review on the 243.

Were delighted with it!

'hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ALAN.N

Yeah i saw it in the countryman's weekly, looks ok for the money ,but i wouldn't know a whole lot about rifles,all shotgun shooting i mostly do so it prob wont get a lot of use

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

i'd give des o'halloran (shooting days) in youghal a call. i'm sure he could get you whatever package you want and he was the cheapest around when i priced my remington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

ALAN.N wrote: »
    Hi

Alan,
    Sorry I cannot speak to that exact rifle, however, in the states savage has a great name. If it wasn't for the foothold that Remington has, especially, the 700, Savage would be far better known and used.

I have a Model 110 in 30-06 and a Model 12 in 308. They are both great rifles for the price and their triggers are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ALAN.N

Thanks for this this information

• Advertisement
Advertisement