Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Pregnancy signs 4.6 weeks

Options
  • 17-07-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi All,

I got HPT positive few days back. Today I am 4.6 weeks pregnant. I had early miscarriage (chemical pregnancy) few months back. I still have to visit my GP to confirm it, but I am scared of being disappointed again, that it might not be positive and my hormones are not increasing. I have no pregnancy signs at all.
    I will take HPT again day after tomorrow (Clear blue digital) and hopefully it should show increased weeks in that.

Would anyone have experienced no pregnancy signs at almost 5 weeks and still have successful pregnancy?

I know I shouldn't worry, but can't help :)

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Yes. I had absolutely no idea I was pregnant when I did tests on both of mine about 6 weeks. No signs at all. Ive now 2 brilliant boys - 3 and 17 weeks. I really hope this is a successful pregnancy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 red27

I had nothing and im due in nov. When i did the clear blue digital it told me i was 2-3 weeks i wasnt i was 6!! i went for an early scan and the doctor said i was 12.5, still have no symptoms thank god, Fingers crossed you'll be ok!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kknitter

Thank you very much highly1111 and red27.. That is so comforting to know. Congratulations highly1111 for the new arrival :) and Good luck red27 for coming weeks :)
    I am praying it goes well for me too.
    Thank you very much for prompt replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

absolutely! I tested positive the day my period was due -this test result and lack of period were the only signs I had, actually my boobs haven't been sore for my whole pregnancy and I never felt overly tired during the first trimester (also after a previous miscarriage).
    But remember, 4.5 weeks is still really early, in a couple of weeks you might regret wanting more symptoms! My morning (all day) sickness kicked in around 6 weeks and lasted til week 14-that time totally dragged for me, I thought it would never end.

I know it's horrible after a miscarriage, you just want to know that everything will be ok. But a positive test really is all you need, as well as a lot of patience. Hopefully, the next test you take will be stronger and you can enjoy being symptom-free for now. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

kknitter, I had 2 chemical pregnancies before my now 18month old was born. Like you I was terrified that the same would happen again. I'd suggest waiting for at least another week before going to the gp. I'm assuming you've done an at home test and the tests the gps use aren't as sensitive. Lots of women seem to get a positive test at home only for the gp's test to be negative but they are pregnant.

With my second, now 3months, I had no symptoms until at least 6weeks.

• Advertisement

Thank you very much annamcmahon for the reply. Congratulations to you for the new arrival. I am hoping mine is fine as well :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Kknitter, I had zero pregnancy symptoms throughout most of my pregnancy, and now have a 9 week old son.

No nausea, boobs stayed the same size and no tenderness, etc. The only obvious symptom I had was in the latter half and it was the expanding belly.

Morning sickness affects only 14% of women apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Neyite wrote: »
    Morning sickness affects only 14% of women apparently.

I read 75% in the What to Expect...book?? Anyways, Im 6.5 weeks now and since yest got a moment or two of feeling dodgy but thats it. The only symptom really is sore boobs..think they've gotten bigger already :eek:
    I feel tired but I have a stressful job so I think I might be tired from work rather than the baby.

Thank you all for your replies.. really appreciate it. Good to know I am not the only one :) Hopefully my hormones are increasing fine... Just after the miscarriage is a bit scary hence the questions :)

Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

No problem Kknitter. I really hope it all works out well for you.

• Advertisement

Yeyyyy!!! 4-5 weeks on Hpt digital one... So my hormones seem to be increasing fine... Will go to gp soon now ... And hopefully will be joining march thread :) relieved (at least for now ;))
    Thank you again all...

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

kknitter wrote: »
    Yeyyyy!!! 4-5 weeks on Hpt digital one... So my hormones seem to be increasing fine... Will go to gp soon now ... And hopefully will be joining march thread :) relieved (at least for now ;))
    Thank you again all...

Delighted for you. My baby was march baby - cant believe people can be due again in March already. I hope you've a smooth pregnancy!

Advertisement