Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift ideas for a 9 year old girl?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭

My niece is 9, also my goddaughter, and I'm trying to think of something to buy her. I also have limited funds, so I want it to be good, but not too expensive.

Anyhow...she's really into fashion and clothes, so I was wondering is this kind of thing too childish for a 9 year old?

http://www.toys.ie/Harumika-Party-Dress-Set-!106302-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=0fe5dae8-633e-4c2a-8e4b-2f1bd33291fa

If so, please can you offer any alternatives. To me that present would have been great, but 9 year olds are mini teenagers these days, so I don't want her tutting at me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

That looks good to me - but would depend on how sophiscated she is.

But I know a lot of girls that age are into the top model range too. (google!)

One of the best things I ever did for my niece was go into pennys and buy a load of accessories - she absolutely LOVED it - bangles, necklaces, scarfs - spent about 20 and the amount of stuff I got was unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Yeah, she's big into the Top Model stuff too, but she has so many of them I wouldn't know which one she hasn't got.

That's a brilliant tip about the accessories in Penneys!!! I might try claire's too, the usually have some sort of buy one get one free thing going on :D

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

highly1111 wrote: »

One of the best things I ever did for my niece was go into pennys and buy a load of accessories - she absolutely LOVED it - bangles, necklaces, scarfs - spent about 20 and the amount of stuff I got was unreal.
    Excellent idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I went with your idea...went to Claires though becausethere's no penneys near me. Anyhow they have a 3 things for 5 euro deal, so I got her LOADS of things and had enough money left to get a pretty cool jewellery designer kit.

Thanks highly x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

I was going to suggest this

http://www.newbridgesilverware.com/present/R299/P3393B/P3393BShellPendantBlue

I got it for my 9 year old god daughter and she loved it

• Advertisement
Advertisement