Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman Closing Down Sale

Options
  • 17-07-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Has anyone been to the HN closing down sale in Mullingar? Is there much value? My sister is renovating her house and was wondering if a trip over would be worth while. Washing machine, fridge freezer, hob, oven etc is what she'd be looking at. Thanks. Glen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Talk about carcass pickers People will lose there jobs because its closing. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭glen25

Thanks for your informative post. I'm well aware people are losing their jobs as a result of HN closing down. My post wasn't meant as anything other than to see if there were any bargains for someone who has feck all money and is renovating her first house. You'll be glad to know we shopped local and didn't bother making the trip over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

holyhead wrote: »
    Talk about carcass pickers People will lose there jobs because its closing. :mad:

So we should boycott stores that are going out of business? :confused: His sister is looking to spend about a grand if she finds all those items in HN. I am sure they wouldn't mind at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

It was bound to happen, their customer service was atrocious

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

I was up there today, it looks like the majority of stuff is discounted by 10%. I think it is still on the dear side compared to somewhere like powercity. In saying that though, loads of things are marked with sold stickers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 J. P. Through

another bad day for mullingar, sorry to see the jobs go, we need some good news on the jobs front soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

It was bound to happen, their customer service was atrocious

That's slightly unfair, the main reason for it closing was, it was not making a profit , and that was down to several factors including a recession, local government planning and local and online competition.

ShaunC wrote: »
    That's slightly unfair, the main reason for it closing was, it was not making a profit , and that was down to several factors including a recession, local government planning and local and online competition.

Speaking from experience it's not unfair at all, Maybe it would have made a profit if service had been better. This is what happens when you dont look after your customers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... This is what happens when you dont look after your customers.
    I concur and when corporate talking heads go public with remarks about regretting ever setting up in Ireland, it doesn't instil confidence in would-be customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Speaking from experience it's not unfair at all, Maybe it would have made a profit if service had been better. This is what happens when you dont look after your customers.

There are many customers including myself who have had good experiences with Harvey norman and their staff

To state that they dont look after their customers is idiotic

There are far more reasons for not making a profit other than what service you "may" have experienced and that could be also down to you been a difficult customer

• Advertisement

mathepac wrote: »
    I concur and when corporate talking heads go public with remarks about regretting ever setting up in Ireland, it doesn't instil confidence in would-be customers.

I didn't know this, interesting.

waster81 wrote: »
    There are many customers including myself who have had good experiences with Harvey norman and their staff

To state that they dont look after their customers is idiotic

There are far more reasons for not making a profit other than what service you "may" have experienced and that could be also down to you been a difficult customer

haha, I have gave them a lot of custom over the years, It was only in the last year that the service deteriorated rapidly. Previous to that the service was excellent, There's no "may" about it. The service was shocking of late and I am not surprised it has closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

You'll never stop crying about that Ireland jersey will you.

The jersey in the promotion was being supplied by reps from distribution companies aligned to the electrical department. Each jersey had to be attached to a tv, and the relevant invoice sent off to the suppliers as proof of where each jersey was going. Any jersey not attached to a tv sale invoice would be denied payment, thus leaving the store out of pocket.

As the iPad is a product within the computer department, it is not within their ability to add on the Jersey to an invoice without authorisation of the manager in the electrical department.

But of course you still probably think that they should have given it to you for free anyway, thus leaving themselves out of pocket by €32, and also driving another nail into their coffin?

Do you honestly think you are the only customer out there who thinks they should be given stuff for free?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

The jersey in the promotion was being supplied by reps from distribution companies aligned to the electrical department. Each jersey had to be attached to a tv, and the relevant invoice sent off to the suppliers as proof of where each jersey was going. Any jersey not attached to a tv sale invoice would be denied payment, thus leaving the store out of pocket.

As the iPad is a product within the computer department, it is not within their ability to add on the Jersey to an invoice without authorisation of the manager in the electrical department.

But of course you still probably think that they should have given it to you for free anyway, thus leaving themselves out of pocket by €32, and also driving another nail into their coffin?

Do you honestly think you are the only customer out there who thinks they should be given stuff for free?
    Joined today, 1 post, :rolleyes:

Nice retort, very witty and insightful.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Nice retort, very witty and insightful.

I have no need to answer your silly post, the fact that you had to re-reg for it shows how pathetic you are

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

ah there was more to his rant than he let on - some people you can never please no matter what

I have no need to answer your silly post, the fact that you had to re-reg for it shows how pathetic you are

To be honest, I wasn't expecting an intelligent answer from you.

Yr previous statements showed me intelligence isn't something you possess.

I have no need to answer your silly post, the fact that you had to re-reg for it shows how pathetic you are[/QUOTE

To be honest, I wasn't expecting an intelligent answer from you.

Yr previous statements showed me intelligence isn't something you possess.

I have more intelligence in my little toe than you have in total, now run along you twat and mind your own business

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

with some luck did or powercity will move into where harvey norman were and hire some staff the retail park in pretty much dead now just the cinema and woodies are the only 2 major shops left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

When is the store closing it's doors for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

this sunday the 13th but i think the staff are going to be there for a week more sending the stock they have left to other branches

Advertisement