Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120Hz CRT Monitor for test/purchase in Dublin

Options
  • 17-07-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I am doing some visual based research and I need a 120Hz CRT Monitor that I can test my software on before I buy it. I recently moved from a 60-75Hz monitor and it improved my visual stimulus so 120Hz should help me a lot.

I tried Harvey Norman and PC world both of them didn't really understand what I needed but Harvey Norman let me test around 10 of their monitors to see if any had a 120Hz range and none did unfortunately.

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that I can try before I buy with this kind of monitor?

I've been advised not to use LCD from other experts in my research field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I think you would be pushed to buy a new one. If you don't care about the resolution your working at, you could drop it down to increase the Hertz on the screen. CRTs can do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I can't think of any 120Hz CRT. 100Hz was the limit fro Trinitron IIRC. If you use a flat (as opposed to curved) CRT you are going to have to put up with the screen split into thirds by two very fine lines - is that a problem?

Why did they advise against LCD? There are some great 120Hz LCDs on the market. Have you looked at plasma technology?

Advertisement