Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playgrounds in Galway city?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

we're only new to this 'having a child and keeping the blighter amused' lark :p - does anyone have a list of playgrounds around Galway city (and maybe further out West)? Or could we compile one here, maybe?

So far I only know of the playgrounds in Salthill (next to the aquarium, it's big, fancy equipment but always busy) and the one in Father Griffin Road (smaller, but hardly ever anyone there).

But there must be more?!

Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There already exists such a list courtesy of your taxdollahs
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/ParksandRecreation/Playgrounds/

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

There is a nice one by the cathedral,a small one up by Connacht laundry,by all accounts an amazing one out near the NCT centre.I've heard loads about this one but not been yet-my kids are past wanting me to take them to the playgrounds!There's also a nice one out at Barna woods.I'm no good with links and maps but i'm sure these would be easy enough to find on google maps. All you need now is some nice dry weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

snubbleste wrote: »
    There already exists such a list courtesy of your taxdollahs
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/ParksandRecreation/Playgrounds/

The Corpo seem to have forgotten that they have one in Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

"by all accounts an amazing one out near the NCT centre"

it's a bity of a distance from there, like 10 minute walk or something. It's at the back of the estate that starts as Fiaran Ri or rather at the back of the park between there and Tur Uisce which has the primary school at the front of it.
    So good general direction but further down the Doughiska rd than what you said would suggest.
    Bit of an adventure playground, several different bits of equipment. Normally reasonably busy when the weather's good and there's no school on.

There's a skatepark with ramps etc and a couple of tennis courts on the other end of the park's green area too and a large green area ,though it is frequently in use as football etc pitches.

Lovely woods a few minutes walk from there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

one down by the claddagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

There is one beside the GAA pitched on Cappagh Road. It has a really big slide which is the big attraction. My kids love it. It is away from traffic and is adjacent to the back entrance to Barna Woods.

Advertisement