Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile beauty training- shellac

• 17-07-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all!

Just looking into training to do shellac nails as a nixer and wondering how other ppl got into it? Therea huge variance in prices out there, ranging from 85e- 890e
    Which is a huge difference- especially when the product is so expensive anyways!

Any advice on where to train and which product to use? There are so many, CND, bluesky? (looks similar to CND) gelish, Jessica geleration.... Etc! Also where to buy- do ppl just buy from eBay?

Appreciate any help you can advise!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

CND Shellac training is available from the official Irish distributors, Creative Academy in BAllymount. There are CND educators around the country as well, if you go via Creative Academy in Ballymount they will help you out and discuss training options. Shellac training is free when you are buying your kit and there are no other authorised trainers so be sure to go via Creative to ensure you are getting proper training.

For training in any of the brands I suggest contacting their official distributor who can point you in the direction of trainers local to you.

Bluesky is a cheap knock off product aimed at non professionals who don't actually have the proper training to buy from proper distributors.
    I think you are referring to getting trained in a 2 or 3 week manicure service, Shellac seems to be the byword for this treatment now.
    Firstly Shellac is different from the likes of Gelish, Jessica Geleration etc in that it is not a gel polish, if you have a look on salon geek website and go into the nail forum there is tonnes of info on there re all the different brands which will give you a good insight into the pros and cons of each system and what might suit your needs.
    You will need to hold a valid manicure & pedicure qualification in order to obtain insurance for any of these nail services and I would highly advise that you do get the proper insurance. The beauty industry is the second highest industry for claims with Ireland being pretty high on the people claiming scale! So to protect yourself, even if it is only for nail services, insurance is a must.

It is expensive to get set up properly, both in terms of product costs and insurance but it really is worthwhile doing it the proper professional way as that alone will make you stand out from the reams of non trained techs offering **** nails/ treatments, nails that look like shovels and a clear lack of any skill.

With regard to your other post re lash training, Novalash are good, have a look into ASU in Swords, they also run lash courses.

If you need any more info feel free to PM me and I can give you more details or advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Cmuwan

Thanks so much! Yes I've heard great things about the creative academy- think its definately worth the extra to get quality product and training! I'd looked into insurance and I found AIT? I agree it's important and think this is probably the route ill follow! Thanks again for advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

AIT are great, very easy to deal with and straightforward insurance packages.
    I couldn't recommend Creative Academy highly enough, they honestly are fantastic and the support and training are second to none.
    To be honest I went CND because they are the industry leaders, and Shellac for me has been incredible for my business.
    There are some fab products out there that are well worth looking into, as I said that Salon Geek website is a fountain of information and gives a great guide to all the different ranges directly from nail technicians and therapists so you get a real guide that's truly reflective of how products perform and the issues etc that people have had.
    Best of luck

Advertisement