Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agent difficult to get hold of - bad sign?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

We're looking for a place to rent. Have two in mind, one is slightly better and let via an agent, the other is landlord let. The landlord seems communicative and reasonable, but we would like to check out the other place too. I can't get hold of the agent though - in two days I phoned him three times (doesn't take calls), left voicemail once and texted once, no joy. Is it a sign of trouble - will he be as difficult to contact with any repairs etc? Perhaps we should just back off, no matter how nice his place is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's not a good sign, and he's hardly likely to be more efficent at replying to repairs calls than he is inquiries to view.

Keep looking elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

The Letting agent might only be handling the renting out of the property, so you might not have to deal with them after. That's what happened to me in my last place. If you can't contact their mobile, contact the main office if it's listed and give out stink about them. That is usually what it takes to get their attention. Other than that, they are testing you to see how much you want the place, and what you have told them is that you really want the place now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Well he lost out so as we decided to go with the first place... Thanks folks!

Advertisement