Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Image Ltd @Button Factory 29th July

Options
  • 17-07-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭

No thread for this yet. John Lydon makes a welcome return to Dublin albeit on a Sunday night.

http://ww2.buttonfactory.ie/cal.php?&ID=1&day=day&time=2012-07-29

Already have a ticket but will be away for a stag out west and hoping to make it from Cork Sunday evening. A lost cause I'd say at this stage...:(

I notice ticket prices have dropped by a whole €15 since the Tripod gig last year. €44.50 was a bit ridiculous in fairness...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Holy hell what a gig. PiL just go from strength to strength, good contender for gig of the year.
    Only Lydon can open a show with the like "Hello Dublin.....I have the ****s"

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kingsriver64

Hi, anyone got a setlist from last night's show at the Button Factory?

I thought they sounded great, including on the stuff I didn't recognise. And John was in very good humour, with the exception of the time he told off the guy at the front with the camera.

Songs I recognised included:
    Out of the Woods
    Religion
    Death Disco
    Flowers of Romance
    Rise
    One Drop

I didn't get there until 9pm and they were already on stage. The man at the door told me they had been on for about 20 minutes at that point. They finished about 10.45 which means it was more or less 2 hours long, which is more than twice as generous as the Fall were in the same venue two weeks ago.

I hadn't been in the balcony in the Button Factory before. It's nice up there, except the seats aren't numbered, so I ended up sitting on the floor. Plus the railings at the front are right in your line of sight all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Great gig, one of the best I've been to in a good good while. Lydon was on top form and can sure still belt it out. Loved the interaction especially for Rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Set list was:

Deeper Water
    This Is Not A Love Song
    Albatross
    Reggie Song
    Disappointed
    Warrior
    Religion
    USLS1
    Death Disco
    Flowers Of Romance
    Chant
    Out Of The Woods
    One Drop
    Rise
    Open Up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was sitting home at 9.45pm when my mate rang me and said "here, are we not supposed to be at PIL tonight?!". Only then did I realise the tickets I bought for it were for last night.

Have to laugh though. At what a spectacularly sized bellend I really am! If I didnt see them last year I would be a weeping mess at home today. Glad they were great, again. I wont make that mistake any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

That was a great gig, fantastic sound as well. Only sour note came from POD for not advertising the early start time of half 8, as I needlessly missed the first two songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

indeed, this was unexpectedly good!!
    And his voice is still very steady and clear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kingsriver64

Thanks for the setlist, demixed. Either they got through the first six songs very quickly or they started even earlier than 8.40. I think they were playing Warriors when I finally arrived around 9 after being trapped for an hour in a car park in Thurles after the hurling.

Advertisement