Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepay option- is reconnection fee due if we change back?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Is the prepay electricity the best option for holiday homes with irregular use? If we switch to this, do we have to pay the connection fee again if we want to change to a bill?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi happyclapper,

A reconnection fee would only be applicable if you had been previously disconnected.

The pay as you go meters that we provide are specifically for customers in arrears (they are essentially debt-management devices) and as such are not available on request. The determination of customer eligibility for a PAYG meter is governed by the Commission for Energy Regulation's (CER) decisions and directions.

In the case of a customer who has a PAYG meter installed, it is doesn't replace the regular bi-monthly bill. I can understand why you might think this - I have explained why this is not the case more fully here.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭happyclapper

Thanks David.

Thats the end of that so. sure I suppose the best way forward is to send in a new reading in a few months and the new estimate will probably set a new price.. Would I be right in saying that?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

I suppose the best way forward is to send in a new reading in a few months and the new estimate will probably set a new price.. Would I be right in saying that?

You can correct estimated bills with readings you submit yourself, so yes, this would then set a new price in that it would be reflected in the bill total.

The easiest way to manage your account if it's not regularly in use is to do so online, where you can submit readings and survey usage. There are also several other ways to submit readings, including our iPhone/Smartphone app - see here for more info.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭happyclapper

You can correct estimated bills with readings you submit yourself, so yes, this would then set a new price in that it would be reflected in the bill total.

The easiest way to manage your account if it's not regularly in use is to do so online, where you can submit readings and survey usage. There are also several other ways to submit readings, including our iPhone/Smartphone app - see here for more info.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

Thanks! Will do that.

Advertisement