Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

morning sickness.... when to get checked out!

Options
  • 17-07-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Im 12 +2 today and had my booking appy and scan this morning.... All looks good!

Have had bad sickness a few weeks back which settled last week but then yest i was sick twice and numerous times this morning. Im worried as all ive eaten is a apple... Which xame back but even.if i have a drink im sick a few minutes later.

When do u say enough is enough and go to gp? I mentioned it to dr this morning at scan that id been sick three times so far but he didnt really pass a comment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Hi There! I was sick every day when PG with my daughter between 6-16 weeks and rang VHI as I was so worried, well feeling sorry for myself I guess :D . I was told vomiting 5 times a day or more could be considered Hyperemesis ( which is extreme morning sickness) which I wasn't . So I suppose it might depend on how many times a day you are vomiting or if indeed you can hold down any food at all or just fluids over a matter of days...best of luck with your PG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I did have hyperemesis: very unpleasent! if you can't keep down fluids it is worth ringing doctor... an apple mightn't be the easiest thing to be keeping down though when your not feeling great. Maybe try things like sucking on ice cubes and ice pops (i found calippos great) to stop you getting dehydrated, and try really bland foods.

Also one of the best things I used have was salt and vinegar taytos: one of the nurses in the hosp got me to try it them: the salt used help with keeping down water too.

Hope you feel better soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

When you can't keep down fluids it's time to seek medical advice, you could end up dehydrated. Bypass the GP though and go straight to your maternity hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I think you only know yourself when it isn't typical morning sickness.

My baby book says if you are sick 3 times on 3 consecutive days to seek medical attention yet other sources gice different opionions entirely.

I suffered from hyperemesis with my first and had to be hospitalised and put on a drip ( at that stage I couldn't even keep water down)

You could try the accupressure sea sickness bands available from chemists I used them this time around and haven't been sick at all!

As other posters have said bland food is your best firend at the minute and if your sickness is worse in the morning keep some dry crackers beside the bed and eat one about 10 - 15mins before you get up!

Hope this helps and best of luck with the pregnancy :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

When you can keep nothingmatmall down for a few days ,I had hypermyesis for about 35 weeks of my 1st pregnancy.
    It is awful but they remind you that baby is a parasite :)
    Try eating things with ginger and very plain foods.

• Advertisement
Advertisement