Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Craft Beer Fest 7-10th September

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Is there any point going if I can't drink? I'd have to drive in.

You should be able to get all but the seasonal beers at any good off-license. Best option might be to drive to one of them and stock up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Is there any point going if I can't drink? I'd have to drive in.

Where you coming from? It's well located public transport wise - DART, Bus etc

See here for options

http://journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 Jegz

Seaneh wrote: »
    Just for anyone who wasn't at Brewers on The Bay.

The Dungarvan Rye-PA was the star of the show by a fecking mile, was beautiful.

Looking forward to trying the IPA from the re-branded breweyes boys, hopefully is's an American style IPA rather than a boring English style :P

If you liked it at brewers on the bay you will really love it at the RDS. its been dry hopped this time :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bastards,

I can't make it to the RDS...

Well, I could make a day trip, but that's fecking effort!

I shall consider my options...

You know you want too. :D

come say hi at the Dungarvan bar!

• Advertisement

Only if you give me a decent sized sample for free, to make it worth my while... I will after all be travling all the way from Galway just to drink your beer!

Turn up and we will see ;)

You might be my new favourite...

Any plans on that rye-pa appearing in bottles any time soon?

Im Glad to hear your enjoying it :D

As far as im aware the Rye-P-A is just a Festival beer & you never know this might be the last time you see it as its already been at two festivals this year :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just looking at the website there. No mention of a pint of beer being included in the admission cost. Last year it wasn't included on the first day but due to complaints they ended up including a pint in the admission cost for the following days.
    Tickets available at the door for €10, but buy in advance to avoid disappointment. €10 includes: free souvenier glass, live music, and a great selection of Artisan food is available to purchase. Pints are €5, glasses €2.5 and you save 10% when you buy €20 or more of vouchers. Group rates for 20 or more.

Anybody?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

AFAIK no beer is included with admission this year.

BeerNut wrote: »
    AFAIK no beer is included with admission this year.

Ooooh. Hard sell.

Plus, I've told my mates that it was. Gonna have to try harder now to convince them to go. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Last year it wasn't included on the first day but due to complaints they ended up including a pint in the admission cost for the following days.

While run by the same people that was actually a different festival. But you are correct, last year at the rds there was a free half with the entry fee.

noby wrote: »
    While run by the same people that was actually a different festival. But you are correct, last year at the rds there was a free half with the entry fee.

Yeah sorry, I'm confusing it with the one at the IFSC where there was an issue over the cover charge.

I still think it's a bad idea not to include a "free" beer in the admission fee this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ticketmaster has very pricey tickets for Standard admission lets say tomorrow.

Type
    Full Price Ticket
    Ticket Price
    €11.75 x 1
    Service Charge
    €1.65 x 1

A tenner at the door or pay €13.40 per ticket in advance?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

gurramok wrote: »
    Ticketmaster has very pricey tickets for Standard admission lets say tomorrow.

Type
    Full Price Ticket
    Ticket Price
    €11.75 x 1
    Service Charge
    €1.65 x 1

A tenner at the door or pay €13.40 per ticket in advance?:mad:

you can but it at face value from one of the craft pubs or off licences listed on the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I am going on Saturday with some friends. Looking forward to trying some new ales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Quite excited about this.

Going with my father and brother. My first big beer festival in ireland. I went to a small one in Wales but it was more of a night out with beer in kegs.

Really want to try the Rye-P-A now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Half price with a Leinster season ticket! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

what would be the best way to get from city centre out to the RDS Saturday,

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

The 4, 7, or 47 bus from grafton/nassau street. Stops right outside RDS. Or get the Dart to Sandymount, its a 5-10 minute walk from there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Despite my reservations on the price, the prospect of alpha dawg and rebel red on cask was enough for my inner beer drinker to knock out my inner accountant for a short while.

Both beers were superb, although the double hopped rebel was not available until tomorrow.

No emerald this year from White gipsy because of legal problems and bad weather, but the good news is that they will have a fresh hop offering in about a
    months time - in bottles no less! Amber ipa was their cask offering and it was pretty good.

I avoided porterhouse, sierra Nevada and trouble not because they aren't great but they had nothing that isn't otherwise available. Good to see them there though and they were pretty busy. Had a sample of the burbon ale and didn't like it, but it was a nice touch for them to have trays of samples rather than having to pretend you are interested in brewing technique to blag a free sample.

I thought the beoir, beer club and beer machine thingy stands were a real addition for anyone not content to leaving the brewing to the experts. Added an extra dimenson to tr festival. The food choices were also much better.

As for the negatives, well i've said my piece on the price issue, and if it was reasonable priced I would have been able to get more people to come and stay longer and would also be there tomorrow and Sunday. As it is, I'm happy to have tried the special beers but feel somewhat shortchanged by the organisers.

Also, after the rave reviews I was looking forward to the rye pa. But it's not on until tomorrow. I'd like to say I'm dissappointed in dungarvan, but it's fairer to say I remain neutral about them.

Anyway, the standout beer for me was metalmans moonbeam, a "dark beer" (I assume it misses some technical requirement to be a stout but is so in all but name) which is a very hoppy and (I think) barrel aged beer that I can still taste two hours later. One for the end of the night I reckon.

I was looking forward to the rye pa. But it's not on until tomorrow.
    Shortchanged twice, no less. It's lovely: highlight of my evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

heading into this on sunday with the missus before we go the John Bishop gig, cannot wait. She is a fan of different cider and fruit beersm is there much of this stuff

Quite a bit of cider, on the left-hand side as you go in.

Cheers, did anyone head to ATG afterwards, you get a free pint with your ticket stub

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

stuchyg wrote: »
    Cheers, did anyone head to ATG afterwards, you get a free pint with your ticket stub

I didn't know that either. Pile on another misfortune, why don't ya?

Sorry Brother, one misfortune begets another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Aiming to be in there for about 6 this evening, looking forward to it, good to hear there are some ciders, should keep the mrs quiet for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,279 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is there anything happening at certain times today, any particular time to go in by?

Is there slane castle mojihtos there again, mmm yum with some vanilla beer : )

Advertisement