Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

velux GPL P10 CENTRE PIVOT lock/restrictor

• 17-07-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭

have a large velux window in toddlers bedroom model number GPL P10.
    It has a normal window handle at bottom and another bar type handle at the top . so it is quite difficult to open. However id have greater peace of mind if i could fit a restrictor/lock to it.
    my internet search keep throwing up the same 2 but they say not suitable for GPL centre pivot windows ! I believe that this window is the fire escape for the 1st floor so perhaps this is why there is no locking mechanism available for the window ?
    I did read somewhere that as it was fitted after 2005 there may be a restriction device built in so if anyone can help Id greatly appreciate it

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

km79 wrote: »
    have a large velux window in toddlers bedroom model number GPL P10.
    It has a normal window handle at bottom and another bar type handle at the top . so it is quite difficult to open. However id have greater peace of mind if i could fit a restrictor/lock to it.
    my internet search keep throwing up the same 2 but they say not suitable for GPL centre pivot windows ! I believe that this window is the fire escape for the 1st floor so perhaps this is why there is no locking mechanism available for the window ?
    I did read somewhere that as it was fitted after 2005 there may be a restriction device built in so if anyone can help Id greatly appreciate it

If you cant get a specific Velux fit restrictor,then go to your local builders providers or window shop and get a metal 100mm restrictor plate,and screw it into the side of the Velux window.

Ikea also sell them too.

It will allow you top open the window by 100mm (4 inches) but no further,unless you actually unclip the restrictor hinge off its latch.:)

Just my 2 cents worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

dont know if that will work though as it is centre hung and can pivot 180 ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

km79 wrote: »
    dont know if that will work though as it is centre hung and can pivot 180 ?

Best bet is to give Velux themselves a call with the model number of your window and ask them what restrictor (if any) will fit.;)

http://www.velux.ie/aboutvelux/velux_gb/contact

...."Alternatively, you can call our Customer Support team on 01 848 8775
    Mon-Fri 8am-5.00pm"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

well that was quick !!!!
    emailed and got a reply with a solution :)
    can easily replace the handle with a locking handle available in local hardware store
    thanks

Advertisement