Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming laptop

Options
  • 17-07-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hello,
    i am looking to buy a gaming laptop that would be able to run games like call of duty and gta.
    i need to know what kind of features would be required to play the games without lag or frame drop.
    laptop reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

More to a gaming laptop than that. Im off the clock but eh,

Is size important to you? Weight? Battery Life? Price? Would you settle on performance for value?

There are plenty of SKUs out there that are capable of gaming but not always at the high end. The HP M6-1035DX (look it up) is one good example that doesnt really punch into the Gaming laptop category but the AMD A10 APU is actually capable from what I understand of putting most games through their paces. I've put our demo unit through systemrequirementslab.com more than once and it reports solid GO on games like Sims 3, Call of Duty, etc. and I think it even scrapes the recommended on BF3.

If you don't care about weight or price I'd say the Alienware. We have a 14" I cant remember the model of but it has a GTX 650 3GB GPU in it and a 2nd Gen i5 which is a perfectly tuned gaming machine, it just weighs a lot for a 14" laptop. The ASUS G73 series (various SKUs) also deliver a lot but reportedly have poor battery life and I can tell you the weight and size is atrocious, you would need to special order a carrier bag as most that say they will support a 17.3" laptop do not in fact fit the G73, it has a huuuge ass, and unless you're a lumberjack pretty much HAS to be lifted with both hands at all times - one-handing it will surely result in breaking a wrist.

Advertisement