Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do ye have a prepaid visa?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just wondering as I am going to be going travelling in August and this would be handy. If you do, what are the charges on it?

Thanks

Edited: Maybe its the visa debit I need?? For a student is there charges. I currently have BOI laser.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi happyclapper,

Thanks for your query. Unfortunately we don't supply a prepaid credit card.
    Maybe its the visa debit I need?? For a student is there charges. I currently have BOI laser.

That may be an option for you. If it's a Third Level Student Account that you have, you're Laser card will automatically be replaced with a Visa Debit by the end of September. Althvough, we wouldn't be able to guarantee that your card will be replaced as part of the rollout before you leave.
    The only cards that are being replaced outside of the scheduled rollout are cards that have been reported lost stolen or damaged. Just be aware that if you need to have your card replaced for one of these reasons, a charge of €5.90 will be applied to your account.

If you need to have your card replaced for one of the reasons quoted above, you can ring Banking365 on 0818 365 365.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭happyclapper

is the visa debit similar? Is there fees for students to have it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi happyclapper,

The Visa Debit card can being used anywhere the Visa sign is displayed and also the same way you used your Laser card.

There are no quarterly current account transaction fees on 3rd level student current accounts. You can get a full list of charges here.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭happyclapper

That sounds like exactly what we are looking for! Thanks. Will apply for that.

Advertisement