Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fantastic Four (Reboot)

Options

Comments

Thargor wrote: »
    Remember the Marvel Action Hour on Saturday mornings? That was an amazing cartoon, only time FF were ever good.

Other side of the action hour was Hulk and/or Iron Man. Great times.

Didn't the F4 come up against the inHumans a few times there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I don't remember that at all :( I did hugely love the final season of Spider-Man, where they did te clone saga followed by Secret Wars. Doctor Doom was the main villain iirc!
    It was season 2, season 1 of the MAH was like those horrible old spiderman cartoons from the 60s or whatever, season 2 came years later and they overhauled it to be more like Batman: TAS. The first half hour was Iron Man, the second was Fantastic 4, but instead of villain of the week it was a pretty dark plot arc about trying to stop Galactus, really well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't think a TV show or Movie would be the right way to put them in , Say Marvel got the rights now ....

Infinity War is coming up and its 2 movies , They could easily introduce Silver Surfer 1st in the GOTG 2 or Ms Marvel Movie , Along the way you're going to have Civil War (already filmed so too late) and Spiderman , Black Panther (originally debuted in F4) I don't know

But I know you could fit them in somewhere without there own movie , I don't think there own TV show would be a good fit but maybe introduce the family in Agents of Shield , You could have Reed, Doom , Johnny and Ben all working as possible Shield Agents and then work it into one of the upcoming movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I think the problem with FF so far is that they've never been developed enough. A series would allow for that, in advance of introducing them into a movie. Hypothetically speaking, obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

A good article here on what was cut from the trailer and how it might have affected the final cut. I would love to see a director's cut at some stage but I doubt it will ever happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Did Stan Lee pop up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Did Stan Lee pop up?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

cloud493 wrote: »
    Nope.

That's odd. I always got the impression from interviews that the FF was his favorite creation after/on par with Spider-man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Yeah I forgot about Wolverine's advanced degrees there, to make such a statement.

Reed is Scientist Supreme

When Wolverine was looking for a reason for his healing factor problem Reed wasn't his first port of call. Reeds no dunce but hes not definitely the smartest.

I guess Reed could now have inherited the title of Scientist Supreme as Pym is currently fused with Ultron and presumed dead.

And other than your Wolverine choice there are dozens (more.. ) of examples, sites, blogs, YouTubes and articles countering you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

And other than your Wolverine choice there are dozens (more.. ) of examples, sites, blogs, YouTubes and articles countering you

Well considering they could be published by the likes of you thats not exactly suprising.

I'm just going by what Marvel/Comics have actually said in the actual canon. Marvel's own website says here http://marvel.com/universe/Mister_Fantastic that he is "one of the smartest of his generation" you are claiming he IS the smartest. If you and your unofficial fan sources want to challenge Marvel go ahead. Its not me you are arguing with its the actual company and the comics canon.

Nice tone buddy

Where is your canon BTW?
    Prof X not even in top 8 according to intelligencia story, although McCoy is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The more important question is, who's the strongest?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So I actually watched it last night and it wasn't half as bad as i expected it to be , Still pretty bad though ,
    I kind of liked the fact Doom was nigh on invincible when they found him back in the other planet , I absolutely hate how they skipped over loads it feels like there's a whole movie on the cutting room floor , Like they get there powers..reed escapes ...flash forward there all working for the government ......It was very detached and that took away an awful lot of the movie

Ben actually looked great as did the Human Torch ,actually all there powers were done really well to be honest just a pity they forgot to put half the story in and Doom although he looked great would his problem not been with Reed who on a drunken whim (yep seriously) decided to go to the other planet for the 1st time ever

• Registered Users Posts: 60,633 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I quiet liked it.

Ok it's not great in any way shape or form.

You can see what Trank was aiming for from the 4 & Doom themselves.

You can also see why the studio took control to try and edit and cut it.

Trank's version probably would Watchmen directors cut length time wise without really expanding the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Wasn't expecting much from this, got exactly what I was expecting.

Gonna go watch the 2005 version now to try to wipe this from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The first hour wasnt as bad as I expected but its all downhill after that. The whole film just seemed rushed. 4//10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Best part was seeing homer Simpson in the first 5 mins. Haven't seen him on screen since his stargate sg1 cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Christ on a bike, that was as poor a film as I've seen in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fallen off a cliff at the box office - $8 million estimate for the second weekend and a tally of $41m after 10 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

What was the budget anyone know?5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

What was the budget anyone know?5

The film itself was around 122m, not including the marketing and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is it wrong that I actually want to see this to see how bad it is? From the sound of it, it might make a great double feature with The Room. :D

You ever see or hear of The Producers? It's this Mel Brooks movie in which these two producers keep trying to put on successful productions, but fail. They then discover this musical, which is so bad, so offensive, but they realize that the more people hear how bad it is, the more people want to go see it and see if it's true.

That's what Fantastic Four has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

cloud493 wrote: »
    Nope.

It got at least one thing right so. Sick of those Lee cameos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

You ever see or hear of The Producers? It's this Mel Brooks movie in which these two producers keep trying to put on successful productions, but fail. They then discover this musical, which is so bad, so offensive, but they realize that the more people hear how bad it is, the more people want to go see it and see if it's true.

That's what Fantastic Four has become.

Thats not exactly the premise of The Producers. They planned to raise $2million (one for me, one for you) put on a $100,000 flop and pocket the rest, closing after one night and moving to Rio.

The plan went to **** when the show was a hit!

Thats not exactly the premise of The Producers. They planned to raise $2million (one for me, one for you) put on a $100,000 flop and pocket the rest, closing after one night and moving to Rio.

The plan went to **** when the show was a hit!

Well.. I thought it was a good comparison 'til now.

Hohum

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,059 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Would you believe that this film is number one in Britain. Talk about a bunch of drones. Even the Americans had more sense to know this was dreadfull and to not go see it. Really hope that it is not no.1 here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Did it not top our box office as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

AMKC wrote: »
    Would you believe that this film is number one in Britain. Talk about a bunch of drones. Even the Americans had more sense to know this was dreadfull and to not go see it. Really hope that it is not no.1 here.

Nope at number 3. shocking stuff from the U.K

1Inside OutDISNEY693 205,880 2,237,967 2Mission: Impossible Rogue NationPARAMOUNT672 180,220 952,966 3Fantastic Four20TH FOX651 141,019 195,870 4SouthpawENTERTNMT463 116,136 753,356 5Gift, TheLIONSGATE511 66,024 66,024 6PixelsSONY62-1 50,171 51,163 7Ant ManDISNEY614 49,431 1,198,441 8MinionsUNIVERSAL667 44,089 3,995,363 9Hot PursuitWARNER472 23,479 142,007 10Ted 2UNIVERSAL355 20,437 1,389,802

Advertisement